Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Melee Rework Phase 2: TECHNIQUE

SilverBones

"Forward Tactical Combo (Forward + Block/Aim + Melee) - This move is usually a distance-closing opener, bringing you closer to the enemy and getting you within range to continue a harder-hitting string of attacks. The beginning or end of this combo can have a slam effect, allowing you to control the enemy, and during the mid-point of the combo, attacks will be large and sweeping, allowing multiple enemies to be hit."

I back to the game after 2 months just for the new melee system. Its a very nice change, but some things feel weird:

Point 1 -  We dont have a decent dash attack or a gap close. Of corse u can double jump and slam attack on plains or some areas, but warframe have so many narrow places and because that i really can't slam the enemy. 

Point 2 - Foward tactival Combo isint work like ur video post here, far away from that. I can't gap close just with that, the distance is poor and i dont feel the impact of the blade or anything when i hit the enemy with this move. Improve the distance and make this move more viable, like excalibur 1 (one) ability.

Point 3 - Bullet jump + melee = Why kill that? Transforme the old bullet jump + melee on something with heavy attack, or a new gap close that stun the enemy. I can't feel the hit when i'm in the air, with is 90% of time on warframe. Bullet jump and melee air combat deserve a special move, slam attack alone wont work on all places.

Dope update. All the new changes are great. BUT can we address an old issue? Now that heavy attack has a dedicated key bind can you please make an option to disable it from quick melee? As it is right now you sometimes do a heavy attack while trying to quick melee. Thanks for the quick fix

1. elemental visuals and heavy attacks are slow and repetitive or lack luster.
  2. so the players have few options stuck with toxin or blast
  3. no known other combinations or explanations make melee modding boring
  4. parry, and healing/ vampire and robotic mods could be nicer and feature green luster.looking at the digits and rewards screen remake (players want to see heals and other visuals.
  5. umbra ideas for profile and advances to operator combat, would be good to hear something when you highlight or scroll over the forma and umbra / and switch categories, in profiles and upgrades screen, and pvp.
  6. tenno stuck with armblast melee
  7. is very S#&$tty
  8. ARCHWING any kitguns / zaw for space, and water combat. new rewards? accesories? sigyls? profile update? customization?
  9. ARCHWING or new mods? aughments? rivens? arcanes to find during bounties or mission rewards which could be great for the operators and tenno who get new friends and repeat story missions, levels, and open relics should be rewarded with other interesting parazon mods, bullet types, and arrow acc. graphics, a fire arrow and some heavy attacks for charged shots, and elemental bows.
  10. because of the shotgun only i think there should be some new graphics that aren't bloody and ways to perform takedowns, or rish bullets maybe a plasmoidal shot which is charged up like the operators can be added on some different energy pickups for weapons to join the heavy attacks, and to make defeating commanders, and continuous fighting shoulnn't leave enemy ships vulnerable, they  should come in with sone heavy or charged AOE bombs or mini rockets, and taregt large areas with barrels and monkeys, not just haste in the emote. the grinner just jump off their ships, predictably will get shoot mid-air, there is a few who survive via canisters, along with the stomp-ee robot who can't defend against arch-line, and has no rockets or really visual blasters or great rewards, the fish are decent, but there should be some aughments, robotics and other mods to find, or scanning points to craft archwing weapons, and different melee weapon like a sword n shield, or a special  palette to aquire with the floofs, tags, or special multipliyers, players will just ignore the large robot or find it annoying often, because, the eidolon is also difficult, so i havent tried the tier 2 because i have no idea how to damage it, there are many rewards but no essential fun items to get from it which can apply to combat, broken parts, unlike monster hunter so its predictable, it should benefit from other lighting, shields, and rewardtypes, sounds, and music.
  11. fun there can be temporary weapons added to pickup or other acrobatics, i still see players runnign around with really basic weapons such as the kunai, skana, and bolt shooter boltor' and they dont even know how to get a zaw or kitgun, or get a new warframe, usually they get limbo, but no idea how to get other ughments or powerups, with so many planets, i think maybe the best option for now is adding new rewards and music for each planet.

Please please please DE, I hope you fix the issue with heavy melee being triggered by holding down the melee button. More than 50% of the time, the game somehow makes my warframe do a heavy melee even though I’m not holding to the melee button. I’ve tested and looked at how I was pressing my melee and I swear that from time to time, my character does a heavy melee. This is bad because we lose our combo counter through this action. I really hope we can toggle off the holding of melee button to initiate heavy melee.

After recent changes I'm happy to report that most of the problems with melee before the rework has been fixed. Great work. Build diversity is up. Condition Overload has had its capped removed seemingly too.

All that's missing is the issue with buffering inputs and Lifted Status needing some tweaks. Otherwise I declare this phase of Melee a resounding success.

concerned about focus points requirements are high even though mods are pre-polarized with each school before forma and lenses also i been playing unairu class for 2months getting 0 focus points, even though i play a whole mission outside of my warframe killing things and using all my passives and skills, jumping and charging attacks with my blaster, hitting those yellow nodes, it all doesnt matter unless u have a greater lense and that all your warframe's equipment is stacked with lenses, so the operators who really great at reviving, teleporting, and saving kuva-transference, armor-tripping, get no rewards.

also things like operator melee diversity, and charged attacks, double kills feel great but have no rewards, wall dashing during or aerial combat with tenno, or doing kill assist, opening lockers, or accessing panels to hack go unrewarded for the players in voidmode who use everything they got in the game

activating spheres should have other featuers for combat based on the planets maybe many different types of condition visuals, and graphic areas could be added some domino areas which also affect teammates upon discovering some objects which allows for greater parkour and movement speed for operators, the warframes could have some increases, and critical hits or fire rate could go up for smalltime,

say maybe one pickup could be shoot at from far away. which is on top of a building and it rains down various loot and credits, with prolonged effects, octavia is a good example but its rather messy to just start ducking and expecting to feel any benefits from her musical abilities u can see many things active currently if ur in her team, but nothing is as good as wisps powerups, so there would have to be other pickup time of items from the kills, lockers, and extractionpoints or other gameareas, according to the weather forecasts, syndicate affiliation, sigils and glyphs equiped to be used as modifyers, or mods polarity to proclaim, some type of benefit which assert gravity, and reload, slide, and acrobatics per tileset outside from the basic nightmare modes, you will need to remake nightmare mode into something mroe interesting and rewarding.

arbitration by far is the greatest feature in the game but it has poor rewards and unforgiving chances to lose,

i think

that from there can you give more  areas nicer reductions and conditions without relying on big bulky graphics, i have seen some games doors and destructible tileset walls, which are inexpensively realisticly some spiders could stick a player with webs or cause electrify briefly to not cause major 

headaches.

i have been defeated once in the game with a device which caught my Operative and woulnt allow me to revive, it was a really painful experience, but i am trying to be more careful so i dont get caught again being playful with the enemies during  KO status all you can do is paddle, and wait for something to happen so maybe this is a good place to use heavy attacks and hit close range targets with the parazon for a inaros like effect t would have to be different sound effects and rewards like the kuvalich system, maybe you can get some carbides and relics or endo if u succeed in reviving or defeating a horde of enemies while you are down,

especially if you got downed while you are in your operator mode to extend the duration of your armor, and time before you just die, since you have a pool of energy and a warframe nearby or a pet who can or should do something to get you up,

i have seen some mods that are like 15 points that give a overshield but its expensive to equip something like that should be free or a passive, or be changed to retrofit the players taste, materia slots in final fantasy at least allow for some flexibility.

10 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

concerned about focus points requirements are high even though mods are pre-polarized with each school before forma and lenses also i been playing unairu class for 2months getting 0 focus points, even though i play a whole mission outside of my warframe killing things and using all my passives and skills, jumping and charging attacks with my blaster, hitting those yellow nodes, it all doesnt matter unless u have a greater lense and that all your warframe's equipment is stacked with lenses, so the operators who really great at reviving, teleporting, and saving kuva-transference, armor-tripping, get no rewards.

also things like operator melee diversity, and charged attacks, double kills feel great but have no rewards, wall dashing during or aerial combat with tenno, or doing kill assist, opening lockers, or accessing panels to hack go unrewarded for the players in voidmode who use everything they got in the game

activating spheres should have other featuers for combat based on the planets maybe many different types of condition visuals, and graphic areas could be added some domino areas which also affect teammates upon discovering some objects which allows for greater parkour and movement speed for operators, the warframes could have some increases, and critical hits or fire rate could go up for smalltime,

say maybe one pickup could be shoot at from far away. which is on top of a building and it rains down various loot and credits, with prolonged effects, octavia is a good example but its rather messy to just start ducking and expecting to feel any benefits from her musical abilities u can see many things active currently if ur in her team, but nothing is as good as wisps powerups, so there would have to be other pickup time of items from the kills, lockers, and extractionpoints or other gameareas, according to the weather forecasts, syndicate affiliation, sigils and glyphs equiped to be used as modifyers, or mods polarity to proclaim, some type of benefit which assert gravity, and reload, slide, and acrobatics per tileset outside from the basic nightmare modes, you will need to remake nightmare mode into something mroe interesting and rewarding.

arbitration by far is the greatest feature in the game but it has poor rewards and unforgiving chances to lose,

i think

that from there can you give more  areas nicer reductions and conditions without relying on big bulky graphics, i have seen some games doors and destructible tileset walls, which are inexpensively realisticly some spiders could stick a player with webs or cause electrify briefly to not cause major 

headaches.

i have been defeated once in the game with a device which caught my Operative and woulnt allow me to revive, it was a really painful experience, but i am trying to be more careful so i dont get caught again being playful with the enemies during  KO status all you can do is paddle, and wait for something to happen so maybe this is a good place to use heavy attacks and hit close range targets with the parazon for a inaros like effect t would have to be different sound effects and rewards like the kuvalich system, maybe you can get some carbides and relics or endo if u succeed in reviving or defeating a horde of enemies while you are down,

especially if you got downed while you are in your operator mode to extend the duration of your armor, and time before you just die, since you have a pool of energy and a warframe nearby or a pet who can or should do something to get you up,

i have seen some mods that are like 15 points that give a overshield but its expensive to equip something like that should be free or a passive, or be changed to retrofit the players taste, materia slots in final fantasy at least allow for some flexibility.

I do all my missions with my warframe I put my lens on. I've got plenty of focus you use warframe/weapon you put the lens on to get focus not your operator. 

2 hours ago, 4EvaBlazed said:

I do all my missions with my warframe I put my lens on. I've got plenty of focus you use warframe/weapon you put the lens on to get focus not your operator. 

not that simple for players who play without lenses and who try other techniques to gain any focus while play testing new weapons and new warframes, am just saying there should be other ways to get players to gain focus without just relying on the yellow balls, and the lenses, after all like i said, there are many weapons and mods which already have forma or school adaptations, now syndicate mods and augments, and auras aren';t particularly beautiful or dedicated to giving players points , so its down to how much customization the operators and tenno don't have compared  to how much warframe players with lenses can enjoy the game, i find that i play hard with my operator and am not gaining anything, all the stuff i get from missions and such things are for my warframe as well, so there's at least room to escape the arcane and warframe mentality, players use heavy attacks and are exposed ot weaknesses during this time your operator is free to leave the suit for a quick fireball, but he/she never gains anytypes of rewards, or points, so leveling focus is really pathetic, so we can also make sure that we get operators some melee additions, and a easier way to focus, reworking melee and acrobatics for the operators, the balls, and adding some basic Arkanes refinement or points to make endo and ayatan more functional choice between player and robots, not just lense-crafters.

On 2019-11-26 at 1:04 AM, kapn655321 said:

Holding back while attacking should be able to prevent forward momentum from attacks.
Things like the Obex will always scoot you forward no matter what you do.

Brutal Tide stance for sparring weapons lack a neutral combo so it defaults to the forward combo, not sure if it's intended or just overlooked. Maybe worth trying the other stance (Grim Fury) even if you have to change polarity for it.

I'm just gonna throw this in here - was a melee main then this update came out and made melee boring garbage for the sake of mimicking other anime games (like DmC). I played warframe for 4k+ hours, reached MR27 and spent thousands. Bought every prime access since I started playing just to support the devs. Then they did this. I know some fanboi's love it. Good for you. I doubt I'll be returning to warframe at this point and regret my investment because the melee changes in 2.0 technique took away the last shred of fun in Warframe for me. 

I'm stating my opinions. You're welcome to your own. I did as @sj_sinclair asked and gave it a fair chance. It's bad. It's awkward. You broke melee to make it pretty and that's a choice that's hard to respect.

And I know there's gonna be some fanboi's who feel like responding with harsh words for me expressing my opinions. The forum trolls also will discourage me returning to warframe. 

DE doesn't care about the voices who said "please don't" to these melee changes, and so I'm done caring about warframe. Sorry. Was good times until it wasn't. 

Hey so I've toyed about with the new melee for a while now, and I gotta say I like it a lot. A big improvement over the... EHEM that was phase one.

However, I do have one request that'd be reeeaaally nice since a lot of the time I goof on whether I'm in 'Locked' melee or 'Loose' melee. I go to do a block combo and just aim my gun at them, or go to aim back to my gun and just block at someone... I'm not fond of the Loose state basically since it's not immediately obvious which I'm in, and so...

Two mutually exclusive options in the gameplay options to further control your weapon switch behaviour.

• The first causes your melee weapon to automatically unequip after a 'quick' melee, emulating the old Quick Melee behaviour for people who want that back. Then they can just melee lock when they want to.
  • The second causes all melee draws to go into full melee lock, basically the reverse of the first.

Just that'd be really nice and fix my remaining beef with current melee.

4 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

• The first causes your melee weapon to automatically unequip after a 'quick' melee, emulating the old Quick Melee behaviour for people who want that back. Then they can just melee lock when they want to.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The new system only makes confusion. I honestly tried to adapt to this nightmare. As a result, often I have to throw out all ranged weapons and play only with melee weapons. And as I see it in the feedback, I'm not the only person with such problems. 

i wanna point out operator traits and skills descriptions in mods which aren't clear, such as the naramon's melee increases affinity, is this meleeon the warframe or both the voidblast and tenno blasters, and what about fighting without a blaster, maybe we can get other powers other than void from the syndicate and sub-missions / storyline we dont even get a cosmetic or anything interesting for the tenno is locked behind a paywall or lenghty crafting so i think in the future there should be some rewards attached to maxing out gear slots, ranks, and warframes based on their focus pools and points, ther eshould be some emails or something, i though the naramon school could offer some low latency flares, fireworks, and shuffle cards to find from lockers, after all the players without arcanes or the nifty blasters who go a whiole mission without using their warframes and playhard are just rewarded with regular stuff, nothing that the operator can use, the configurations for the warframe are set per-school but often palyers just gain -o points, unless they join railjack, so i think each mod equiped should function to give random special bonuses not jsut points, but school related bonuses which magnify with focus or per tileset, so its not just a way to get more powerful DPS, but aesthetics, or agility, maybe tenno movement speed and things that u see in sedna but subtle on picking up the yellow ball or defusing a explosive, or locked door, often the operator wont get a bonus on moment speed or team mate abilities unless its from another school, so yea focus on making operator combat and rewards better, that oould mean more syndicate and pvp involvement, cards, items or mods, riven slivers, per-kill, without requiring a large amount of farming knowled, i think its fair to see other types of enemies who can fight like the tenno or block heavy attacks, so we have variety there can be kuba siphons in fortuna and other planets but they dont require a machine so its just the henchmen show up and are optional with a chance at dyes, gemstones, and k-drive guts, mods, and pvp-related items, under the gladiator brand a kuva-branch can be made, if you cant beat them up with transference at least some major recoil and energy is given to the siphon, types of reward on failiure and winning should be increased.

additional ideas for current melee to include changes to the melee stances and artstyle to function outside of pvp and otherwise have more pet, robotic related rewards, and enemies who appear outside of these modes of syndicacy and pvp, just like the index except the rewards from the index are either predictable or dull currently no tenno / operator reward types are in effect, there should be other color paletes or songs, and stickers, glyphs and things like that per planet since there are so many lockers and repetition, the carbides are alot of mystery maybe lua should get mixed rewards and have more melee only style enemies, or rewards geared on the focus of operating some machinery to convert endo or flowers into various AIR or jumping animations for attacks made with guns and melee to have their own LUAA fashion sense without it being low-gravity so that some of the flowers and areas make more senes, there can be destructible walls and uncontained areas with the change  mechanic and portals which eneies can appear from in chimeral forms, as well as other tenno and syndicay revelent to the mission some ships should come in or not, i like to see the enemies have more personality and reward types, so thats why i think they should be fouind wielding some nakak pearls, or pvp / lunaro itmes and ayatan stars to have other functions or temporary boosters which influccee mobility and slide, combo and playtime in LUA, without a focus lense perhaps some leveling in lua can be affinity boosted or have more focus points given to players who dont have a lense equiped, while perhaps fighting in a hotplace or a volcano applies to another schools focus planet to have the playes fight in their tenno modes and operators more often you should have some special enemies and other style of pickups and functions or passsive traits, i think the school syystem take s WAYYY too long even with the lenses equiped and the pickup iof the yellow ball its a real struggle to getting a player to level up, so you end up with a bunch of S#&$ty tenno and operator mode is not good enough or great to melee unless they have FIRAGA level 4 or something from zenurik equiped blessings, maybe a musical change and robotic version of the ball or a wheel with symbols on melee attacks, while the tenno attacks the plain air and jumps up to slice the air the sounds should be different and the types of status effects to change mid-air,

currently the operators have no slam attacks or anything special without a proper configuration set of amps or arcanes, they can only teleport or use a special equipable skill or passive trait ( which can easily be accidentaly de-equiped) and are very hard to level without GREATER focus lenses) much of the operator and transference fun was in story mode, though kuva siphon is my favorite is not very rewarding or guaranteed to get any good rewards, and now with kuva-lich we are definetly forced to huntdown the kaiser or demons who are infesting the planet, btw it would be great for kuva-lich to get a infested version or powers based on the planet and weather effects to increase their rewards and combat gameplay, they should give special loot for players who try or are under ppresure of the controlled areas outside of just getting stuff stolen, the players try hard and participate and get no good rewrads, just things get stolen.

maybe its time to just add mroe enemy types and rewards per planet,so please use larger enemies who can require melee or are more prone to teno / operator with a good set of rewards based on who or what made the kill and how it was made, this can be pieces of fruit, or i.d cards, keys, mods, pvp items, fashion, scanners, and small amounts of kuva, or fragments, grogdul, archwing and kitgun parts and blueprints inspired by the sectors connected to the lich,

last thing right now in space the biggest problem is that the enemies dont have ggreat rewrards and typidcal loot when they invated, maybe the ship should auto highlight the enemies and give some special functiosns or progress per quarters, there are no particular gates or energy areas to stop enemies from entering any of the cabins, they should have some locked feature or security, even a specter or pet, or NPC, say a robot, tactician is good but yeah theres a need for affinity and tenno related items, or boosters in some of space's combat, i find that i die too easily in my archwing, maybe increase the continues since its already a heavy or difficult scenario, the penalties of death reduced or a way to escape it all together, usualyl a dog or some person wont resusitate the player, so there can be a killmeter or joydrift which like Inaros allows the players to get up with temporary reductiosn to movement speed or hinderances to reload or weapons switching,. slow status efefcs, paralysyss instead of just limping or dragging afoot, a few rewards for fighting in low hp and rescuing, while reviving other team mates also unrewarding for a melee player to stop attackign to help another tenno, so that should be thought out with and hav a goodnght , , 

oh transferance is a bit laggy i hope maybe we get new types of transferances per school and new passives or powers for each operator without having to gain focus o use any lenses. somewhat of a rewards system like nightwave for the operators to get cosmetics and skilsl, shards, new arcanes and pendants which can trigger in battle per school that is stringing to the squadron, tenno do alot of reviving and is mediocre because it goes unrewraded, 

make revives alot points to the new system for the operator maybe a random school and the focus gains points, but the special system also gains EXP or credits towards the new NPC, but for now syndicacy and pvp boosters and index cards could be fun, or incentive to go into the plains of eidolon for widgets , blasters, amps and new enemies which care about fighting will reward with pvp cards and tenno trinkets for their glinty hats, hair=pins, glyphs, dog things, paddles for pingpong and lunaro incentives, this way going back to the ship or the clans makes sense.

i dont think there are enough bounties in fortuna and cetus or NPC with great purpose alot is locked behind the points and day sytem which without an archwing alot ofo players whoo just get started get frustrated and quit easily most players are using a skana and throwing daggers or a boltor so its easi to make some sets of temporary pickups which increase the fire rate and lenghten the gameplay of the missions on earth venus and the surrounding areas if they fight a big kuva guy or perform some actions of deactivating and spy missions because of the parazon downloading and scanning should also allow some players to obtain revelant boosters to movement affinity and speed , zoom, targeting, and other melee bonuses, which can fit in with opening lockers and defeating enemies with assist and ones where either teh tenno or pet/rpbot completes the win, what i see is that the extraction point takes priority and players are forced to leaving the mission with the party, so maybe you can have some way for some players to leave right away at extraction with various rewards, robotics and guards added, especially for players with railjacks and time restriction keys,and affinity boostesrs, dragon keys, or items equiped, operator extraction, etc. Its a good place for adding more intro and exit animations and reweards or temporary boosters,

maybe something like a challenge whch pleaese time attack players who speed run, and otehr rewards for players who like to explore. while the other players who go without using noise or being discovered, or playing as a tenno/oprator get their own type of points and focus towards items and gear on the newarby relay and planet based feature per tileset, vampire mode is not enough.

Reminder, tempo royale is (and a few other stances are) still plagued by being now made off butchered parts of its prior animations stitched together wrong using animation locks as glue ONTOP of almost all stances forward combos having animation locks defeating the point of them.
What it should be is along the lines of:
Majestic Abandon aka Static attack chain (very small forward steps, player freely able to strafe during it and if holding back the steps dont happen)
Resplendent Calma aka Forward attack chain (should be 100% free movement/upper body only)
August Mesto aka Block Forward attack chain (camera steeer control and soft strafe between each spin at the speed it was/for context like slide attacks are)
with Bold Reprise staying the same because it didnt change.

(static and forward combo names order being up to DE because they switched it now already)

ADDITIONAL ATTACKS FOR EXCALIBUR BLADE AND OPERATORS MELEE

i would like to have a few more passive traits and amp abilities that dont cost anything, maybe added with mode the zoom or walking/sprinting or based on a change of atmosphere/planet for the non-warframe, transference, gameplay across the towns and combat per planet, really dont like farming points and relying on lenses, especially for something like naramon because it doesnt have anything interesting until you get really high up in the ranks, you are just basicaly sacrificing hours of your points and focus on the %+5 skill to make farming for another upgrade posibly faster, and thats not fair, i had more fun using a flame school upgrades which i earned without lenses and unairu because i had some shards laying around and they at least offered some defensive protection, though nothing is visually fancy for operators until later lavels, you either have a good blaster or you just arent good at the game outside your warframe, i personally play excalibur because he has AI so its like playing wukong with celestial twins while my operator does perform all the fancy shooting, but its toobad that guns dont have heavy attacks or blasters and amps, right now zaws feel too ordinary for me to even purchase, even with a riven to flaunt, i think zaws look great but should have been weaved into bounties and other reward types  and spread throught other planets treasure chests,. vault parts, prime, and made to have reasonable amouints of unique mods and augments, the operators dont get anythign special for their amps until they havereached a high level in standing

Operator Abilities:

Spoiler

Dissorienting Blast and affinity aboost have no special ways to charge it up or adjustments, that maybe void-blast customization and colors when hitting or proccuring confusing is to make a different sound effect or cause soem changes on exp gain, currently players who play using the blaster and tenno approach donot gain any passive exp or earn any unique items, focus, or equipm,ent and mods, say amp-augments and arcanes were to could be built with blueprints or equiped a reason to find ayatan stones, emberstars and old warframe parts useful.

and other tenno abilities have no modiffyers or ways to earn without lenses, status effects can be seen as predictable and expensive, what operators need is some variety and realism since they are basically running around naked when hurt and when they pick-up items, open lockers, and perform outside their warframes at low levels, its important to give them some new abilities and ways to level up their tenno, the syndicates and pvp don't offer anything for them, unless they equip lenses, also lunaro is also somewhat inadequate spory left for warframers with very low rewards,

as for th eblaster gains no experience points or focus to level up skills one requires level 30 equipment outside the tenno./operators basically will struggle trying to get to rank 44,000 in cewtus to get cetus wisps and the daily cap is 9,000 so its hard to not get bored when getting ne wwarframes that have or cant be equiped with lenses, the same goes for guilding and zaws, moas and previously guilded equipment require more gifts and other freebies, or special items so players keep wanting to comeback, even if its a intact sentient core that is given to visitors, or participation items, especially for players who help others, and replay nodes.

much of what i seen in the naramon tree is somewhat useless to the operator, and requires lenses which dont project the skills or colors and symbology, which essentially makes playing with a blaster useless becaue all the loot is for warframes and operators gain no focus without a lense even if they have raised the naramon affinity boost or use special items, leveling is boring and arduous,, i think the physical blast and melee attack should feautre other sound effects, ways to charge it up and other passives for operators to use them to shield or teleport, and impart materialisation, they have no current shields other than Excalibur Umbra, or some other warframes who can be left with a ON ability to give proper cover, also, pets and robots can't raise the operators, so one has to rely on the other players,

heavy attacks could use other reawardds types, colors, combos and sound effects, animations, especially katanas evicerating and maiming, for both gore and clean animations/ settings, maybe some should be like starwars with clean light, and other can be to cause explosion on regular enemies, and robots, 

overall much heavy attacks and status effects are missing more animations and sound efects, and also transferance and focus earnings are gimped, and have no augments until later on, so syndicacy and each relay/planet can take over these aspects for special loot and items to make each node more replayable or fun, until new enemies and content , weathers are adedaed, and operators get a nice update, free abiliteis to learn, or items to seek out.

Operator Accessories:

Spoiler

some missions should give up operator accesories and focus points for tenno/ transference for random factions and schools of operators, say a kuva mission gives up a few extra points to compensate for playing without a special lense, opening relics, and participating in pvp, simaris, and replaying any mode, this are the things missing from the game, all rewards are oriented towards warframes and weapons but operator combat is VERY OUDATED.

Melee and Heavy attacks:

Spoiler

as for melee and heavy attacks, there should be some new finishers and ways to stop animation locks, i just tests the ORVIOUS disk, it was a realistic weapon but it had one smash attack which was annoying and had no beneficial, or randomized benefits, stats, or merit points to get, if you at least made it so that weapons required a battery for specfial functions such as gaining green dots, gemstones which will activate passive attacks, and special ammo types on reload, where a blade to launch a special technique which uses a powerstar core of ayatan item, the statues at home would be used to recharge the stars and refine or upgrade some attacks and abilities,

Customization:

Spoiler

mean while there is room for customization and operators escaping the need for lenses, and equiping expensive abilities, if you allow the warframes to gain other tenno enhancing traits and add additional reward types which the operators can use or equip, i have only seen arcanes and magus, but the other items are locked behind ranks per-city and not many are in the market to purchase, so storyline could perhaps feature some replay rewards for operators and warframes to gain some extra mods, and supporting abilities, new finishers, and things like that, eventually maybe each mod and stance could be taken to a super level or upgraded to feature umbra or capacitance, gemstone to equip and then move the endo and supplies to other areas of cetus and fortuna, because the cities dont have much, a few keno and video game machines, minigames, and pets and fauna, and preservation areas will use the resources to fabricate machines and protective walls, NPC, and blueprints for operator items, pets, and robotics, which leaves me with one last comment.

Operator:

Spoiler

taht maybe operators should gain some pet and robotic abilities automatically, and wheel items increments, and further customization without requiring any lenses or warframe support, much of our customization comes from hardwork and achiements, while replaying the game missiosn and bounties is extremely unrewarding to use the operator 100% combat time there is a need to pick up the yellow ball or have lenses equiped, instead these lenses and pickups should feature other types of rewards and enhancements, that can be shoot at from far, activated or need to be defended, winners of the entities gain glyphs and tittles, schematics, gemstones, endo and points for customizing statues and further mods to new heights, and the ships and orbiters gain cosmetics and other special upgrades, this allow for new items for operators combat nodes, and replayability based on each planet, weathers and types, for example the snow tiles have yellow balls sure, but there can be special enemies which appear from these balls guarding them or teleporting,new music, and rewards for the spawning enemies, not like the juggeranaught because so far i think its a bit weak and has odd requirements and rewards per kill, but there should be other types of orbs and pickups which affect warframes and operators blasters, types of enemies run right through them and they gain no powers, or defense, so the balls need to do more .

Nightmare mode:

Spoiler

Nightmare mode could feature some hazzards for riven mods and each school type and exp to be changed into other lesslikely parameters, but have incentives which makes players join or want to melee or persist to stay in survival maybe also that players who get to extraction timely get bonus rewards, while the players who wish to stay gain other focus points and merit bonuses, so both factiosn win, maybe syndicates get involved and some ordiaining enemies appear in other parts of the maps with fresh tricks, i did however found a cool trick to use, that maybe sentients or some warframes could convert some items into monsters or pets, such as how the Ghost MOD could actually transform into a ghost or vice versa feature some animations and sound effects on the enemies and robots who carry or equip it, even if its not used up it could have some wiggle effect or some additional descriptions, which i hope in the future mods and focus become alittle more random per planet and node, otherwise bounties and replayable missions and bosses will feeel very boring to play, also the riven requirements are awful, maybe some picante kuva should be rewarded or allocated for additional featuers or if they can be used on other equipment in the future i think the stats are too stagnant and have no special animations or sound effects, or are likely to be predictable, so its a good idea to give the riven mods a overhault to include stances, and new elemental combinations for instanc3e void damage and operator bonuses added, i expected this to happen with the foundry maybe that some negative statuses on the rivens could be cured or enhanced to make a new type of unique aughment apepar, refining with endo is not enough, its more like a requirement, stances & tenno focus need other passive and strenghtening rewards and sub-particles to be considered GOLD plated or alloyed, many forma are interesting, now with the parazon i think we can add a few more operator attacks besides the regular amps and teleportation skills which are too expensive anm looking fowards to it.

Zaw and Fishing:

Spoiler

More Zaw + Fishing lance functions would be helpful if they had a few special attacks on launch and pull, or a secondary fire, or reload function, though we can work with some crouch or aerial, slide, and wall latching ideas to come up with new functions, but overall maybe there can be some things accounted for which make these toys more unique than standard weapons without requiring any special mods or rivens, and allowing for them to grow with the madurai and tenno schools, posibly a few psedo traits, and attachments could be added to improve their population. The relay settlers and shops, syndicates, and npc dont always have interesting items avaliable, so maybe they could carry some augments and rivens at some cost towards the users of each weapons types and each focus per planet relay, this would open up different ways to get tenno gear and different skins or weapons, and also allow syndicates to have special or per planet loot, equipables and mods, persay themed accesories and gear which fit the frost, snow, and ice themes of the artic areas of venus, fortuna, robotics, and mods. Alot of room for expanding old stances and adding new glacial expansions, there could be new enemies with heavy attacks and magic, granades, and destructible components per tileset, as well as items to scan, or to trigger, and pick up which work in particular areas or lose scent, allowing for fighting and gathering, fishing, and reputation increasing merits towards the new items per planet, maybe this is a way to increase the movesets or unlock more per stance exp, the endo wont be enough, players want to grab and mix, or get passive traits for their weapons, rivens, and aughments for a pair of slicing feathers is rare to come by, but there can be somebody in cetus who is willing to teach or increase the moveset for tags and allow for new attacks and passive traits to be added, or gemstones added, while the fishermen allow for new attacks for the spear to be used in combat and some odd mods from the corpus to add electricity, simuilar to focus schools with some badges.

Blocking:

Spoiler

Blocking function should be improved or have new things added, as well as the reload button and slide, so far theres only one or two slam attacks with a lack of visuals, maybe  each warframe can influence or give a passive on slam without augmenting or using mods, but posibly require energy to gain higher tiers, affecting pickups or creating rifts, and voids or channels which the operator can use, or pet/robot is alloted a few margin speed up or excess to shoot faster or reflect and regen.

Archwing:

Spoiler

One idea just came up for archwings and warframe abilities to have some additional modifyers, and transference abilities/passives might seem good to brain storm, but to keep it simple,i think we can workout some new animations for the tilesets instead of focusing on each player and warframe for things such as the trees and water, snow, mud, etc which accentuate or add fragmentation to particles and status effects, since the elemental wheel tha twe have is so small and limited to a expensive array of elements which the enemies are much to vulnerable to, there should be more PER PLANET effects and status effects which are onlwy able to MIX and appear under special circumstances when shooting and meleeing, or blasting under any slash or void, or fire effects, which might induce paralysis or re-introduce the effects of chanelling. enhance enemies reaction towards magic, and the rewards that they give, maybe a new type of endo can be discovered,

especially interesting to see how hitting computers or shooting at them might prove effective or innefective and cause arching, gas, toxin, and radiationl, or magnetic by way also fire if shoot at and hit or if the player messes up too much thre can be some knockback and feedback on the controller, or other effects, it doesnt have to be instant Death or paralysis, maybe the console gets locked up and the players HAVE TO use

• barbaric means which affects the amounts of circuits and mods dropped versus a clean extraction or hack, focus points, exp.
  • while scanning and invisibility have other status effects added, maybe some enemies can gain true sight and to balance this ther ecan be partial invisibility added to mud and stealth in some tilesets where crouching and sound causes reductiosn to alerting enemies, opening enemies up to finishers and shield depletion instead of instant death and increasing the loot and reward type based on your approach would be the basic premise to keeping the tilesets replayable, some assasinations should deem failed or evaded, currently i am stuck i mR8 on this account so i been learning alot
  • MR missions upon replay and fail give players points and new mods, rewards, and temporary items, randomized enemies and bosses have new minions and toys, turrets appear, etc.
  • there should be some earthquakes and effects which disrupt and challenge the flow of melee attacks.
  • with each planet there is a chance for structures to cause damage if they are falling, or the infested causing reduction in attack speed, reloading, and vive if the players would just rush to a locker box or health orb, station or disinfecting room.
  • the strategic gameplay should be followed up with NPC doctors and safe areas like LEFT4 DEAD games with some keys and special rewards, new pickups, and temporary boosters or sub shields, which only act for a small time. 
  • tenno capsules and machines behave or should react 
  • that means defensive targets and cryro pulsate or have some basic tools and functions per tileset, they can be scanned but lack any other features, maybe in a story version the tenno awakens and has  to be escorted, but that wont workout on multiplayer because its unrealistic to see a guy wake up everytime, so
  • boss fights should be revised and have adequate rewards and modifyers or status effects per tileset which can be further weaved with syndicacy and teno or operator function / schools and the mods or equipment tha tplayers use or how they behave here,
  • similar to nightmare missions there can be some fluxes of energy or like sedna passive areas where modifyers trigger automatically,
  • no need for an explanation, these things should happen if players enter water or are hit by electricity, have low health or use transference, etc.

•  

On 2019-12-21 at 8:45 AM, toelicker98 said:

You can change this in settings.
options > controls > melee with fire weapon input

Okay so you just gave me a cool idea, maybe we can use an additional stance and focus mode if we change into full 

On 2019-12-19 at 5:23 AM, rockq25 said:

Current full melee mode is RMB = manual blocking, LMB = nothing

Can we have LMB = melee attack?

stance rotation, leveling,

Melee

Spoiler

maybe an additional function to melee mode in the future is to be able to equip more than just 1 stance, and have additional features added for customizing the stats and effects which can involve syndicate and pvp npc and openworld areas and bounties to level them up, some stance rotation could use gemstones and feature special slots like the final fantasy materia which allow for special effects of magnification and augmenting, sensors added, and musicnodes, like maybe the sound effects of a weapon while its reloading is different under a different focus school or particular mod on reload, then the melee mode can feature additions based on the weapon or school linked or the amount of stances or endo / level which the stance is, but there should be some balance for players who get the cards through rewards but dont know how to equip them, so that they are added combos and attacks added to melee without requiring equiping, as if they have more attacks avaliable and energy attacks, heavy attack is too difficult to perform and lenghty in most cases inadequate until yo ulearn how to mod ur weapon, i personally use the skajiati and was a prime katana user for a while, though my mr17 account was better off with gunsword, such which lacked more functions and ammunition types for everyday play, so the least we can do is make melee mode allow for growing and customization features, that and allowing other attacks from other stances to trigger or open up with status effects, critical hits, blocked, or during sprinting, crouching, low hp, automatically from other stance mods which players have earned without equiping them, so new players can enjoy the game, 

the advanced players who can equip and get technical should be allowed for more unique things, since not everyone is going to be able to use melee mode and manual blocking or mods, there should be additional features for use for the players who do, this can mean additional heavy attacks, slam attacks and sound effects for the time being a few new visuals and modes can be added to combat, but whats important is what can we do with melee outside of combat, can we at least feature some passive traits on each weapon and school,

say a scythe is crafted from all parts from venus, or a zaw from mars components has a strong shield and pre-built ram lense which focuses points and energy towards passive traits, not just power but the polarities and focus of each weapon can yield and resonate through the multiverse,

new  damage types,  different umbra polarities with added effects or benefits, entrophy reworked, warframe components used in enhancing mods and equipment through foundry desynthesys and loot for operators per tileset, as well as new attacks and teleportations, and other things.

any other ideas?

Awesome start guys! The return of blocking with melee is fantastic! Though I would like to see the return of the old quick melee system. People keep saying that quick melee is back, but it isn't. Bring back a dedicated quick melee button with the old quick melee moves, for example, the fast punches with sparring weapons as opposed to the really really awful sparring stances.

On 2019-12-19 at 5:23 AM, rockq25 said:

Current full melee mode is RMB = manual blocking, LMB = nothing

Can we have LMB = melee attack?

You can change this in settings.
options > controls > melee with fire weapon input

Archived