Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Melee Rework Phase 2: TECHNIQUE

SilverBones

what have you done :(( all cool and good melee builds are shi  t; now :((  Warframe without a good melee System is Call of Duty with cooler weapons :(( what have you done pls undo it i know its to nerf spin2win, but why do you want to take what's fun the most? And its not only spin2win, all good and fun Melee mods are shi t; now. And full crit yes full crit is dead now you did it. That was the worst patch i ever seen in 3 years oh and i forgot you killed lifesteal builds too, oh and one shot lethality too and... everything When i would rate Warframe: befor Patch 4.9/5, after Patch 4/5 Nobody wants to kill 3000 Enemys a day with a shi tty pistole

I wasnt so disappointed in warframe ever.

35 minutes ago, _____SMARTI_____ said:

what have you done :(( all cool and good melee builds are shi  t; now :((  Warframe without a good melee System is Call of Duty with cooler weapons :(( what have you done pls undo it i know its to nerf spin2win, but why do you want to take what's fun the most? And its not only spin2win, all good and fun Melee mods are shi t; now. And full crit yes full crit is dead now you did it. That was the worst patch i ever seen in 3 years oh and i forgot you killed lifesteal builds too, oh and one shot lethality too and... everything When i would rate Warframe: befor Patch 4.9/5, after Patch 4/5 Nobody wants to kill 3000 Enemys a day with a shi tty pistole

I wasnt so disappointed in warframe ever.

What a way to overreact.

I don't know. Try out Nikana. Fang Prime. Silva&Aegis. Lesion. Tell us again that melee got "destroyed" after you do that.

38 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I don't know. Try out Nikana. Fang Prime. Silva&Aegis. Lesion. Tell us again that melee got "destroyed" after you do that.

If he had true s2w meta, unless any of those can room clear (standard room size - not necessarily some of the larger void rooms)  level 250 enemies in one spin, he'll consider it ruined.   I'm not advocating for s2w, just saying what was easy to do with rivens + naramon + (insert choice here like scoliac).  I can assure you when the update drops for Console next week, it will destroy a good number of my melee weapons - with no replacement in the current system (yes I have PC too).

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

If he had true s2w meta, unless any of those can room clear (standard room size - not necessarily some of the larger void rooms)  level 250 enemies in one spin, he'll consider it ruined.   I'm not advocating for s2w, just saying what was easy to do with rivens + naramon + (insert choice here like scoliac).  I can assure you when the update drops for Console next week, it will destroy a good number of my melee weapons - with no replacement in the current system (yes I have PC too).

Nobody freaking care about level 250 enemies besides a few players that should have simply stopped playing if staying 3 hours in a mission is their only way to have fun. The game was NEVER supposed to go that high.

I don't know if those weapons can clear those level and I don't care. They murder level 150 Corrupted HMG in less than 20 seconds and that's more than enough for me and 95% of the game.

Spoiled vets that cry about the insane scaling is the exact reason why DE removes scaling in the first place. Lich are level 100-130 content and they are the current endgame.

20 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Nobody freaking care about level 250 enemies besides a few players that should have simply stopped playing if staying 3 hours in a mission is their only way to have fun. The game was NEVER supposed to go that high.

I don't know if those weapons can clear those level and I don't care. They murder level 150 Corrupted HMG in less than 20 seconds and that's more than enough for me and 95% of the game.

Spoiled vets that cry about the insane scaling is the exact reason why DE removes scaling in the first place. Lich are level 100-130 content and they are the current endgame.

lighten up francis.  just pointing out that it well could have ruined his melee.

and making up statistics does nothing to bolster your case. nor does calling anyone a spoiled vet.

as for how long things go, you know leaderboards exist, right?

On 2019-10-18 at 9:09 PM, lihimsidhe said:

*snip*

Heavy Slam Attacks FEEL very and look very good.

*snip*

you have no idea how dumb slam attacks are now. Earlier those were a bit balanced, since slam left you for that 0.5 seconds tied to the ground, now you can spam it pretty much on ground indefinietly with animation canceling, which you couldn't do before

does this mean this phase should be called "technique" ? In my honest opinion it shouldn't. They broke many things in this update, and 100% damage block on very little angle that differ depending on weapon type, is also pretty dumb

Imagine conclave players just sitting in the corners with melee weapons out which propably would be something with sword&shield, blocking each other attacks. This became so boring everyone just removes melee from the loadouts to have some fun, because with melee it is boring.

Not to mention how dumb the Telos Boltace now is in there

3 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

What a way to overreact.

Considering how badly some weapons were nerfed, I don't think he's wrong to complain. My preferred melee weapon lost about two thirds of it's damage output and about a third of it's original range because of the nerfs. When you've put in god only knows how many hours and resources to optimise your weapons and then see it shredded to being useless, it kinda stings. My melee weapon starts at 67% crit and would enter the red-crit range at two to four hits, now I have to be at 180-200 hits in the combo counter to see red crits. Just because your weapons are too weak to scale to level 250% doesn't invalidate his or other people not being happy that their weapons are ruined, you entitled twit. I've been asking just about every cell since the update hit on their opinion of the new melee system and there's a definite unhappiness from the majority of people playing. A lot of their own work and resources were wasted with this update and they're not happy about it. They have every right to not be unhappy about it either.

6 hours ago, ChaosMarine said:

Considering how badly some weapons were nerfed, I don't think he's wrong to complain. My preferred melee weapon lost about two thirds of it's damage output and about a third of it's original range because of the nerfs. When you've put in god only knows how many hours and resources to optimise your weapons and then see it shredded to being useless, it kinda stings. My melee weapon starts at 67% crit and would enter the red-crit range at two to four hits, now I have to be at 180-200 hits in the combo counter to see red crits. Just because your weapons are too weak to scale to level 250% doesn't invalidate his or other people not being happy that their weapons are ruined, you entitled twit. I've been asking just about every cell since the update hit on their opinion of the new melee system and there's a definite unhappiness from the majority of people playing. A lot of their own work and resources were wasted with this update and they're not happy about it. They have every right to not be unhappy about it either.

Getting to red crit in 2 to 3 hit was completely insane balance-wise and I just can't believe people try to defend this. Seriously. Do you realize how weaks guns are on comparison ?

Most melee were buffed anyway. The ones that were nerfed are almost exclusively the spin2win whips, Zenistar, Gunblades and glaive, Zenistar and Glaive didn't deserves it tho. And everything else was pretty much buffed.

Being able to mow down level 250 without any effort was completely stupid. If DE wants the scaling to make any sense in the future, they HAD to nerf the scaling.

Heck melee is still several time more powerful than ranged weapons. Build did change a bit and hybrid weapons are still the best, CO was nerfed and BR can't get you to insane damage in three seconds top. 

The vast majority of people are probably unhappy because they want to use old build with the same success. It doesn't work. This update made me use weapons I completely neglected and discovered new synergies. My old meta build were still doing ok, but being able to have fun with Hate of all weapons is something I didn't expect.

12 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

there was nice weapons buffs too i dont know why everyone is complaining, i dont know what spin2win means but am sure there will be something lik eON/OFF options for old builds and classic players to chill after all this S#&$. oh i came up with an idea for the fang weapons to have a radar function when the player is stand till to get some buffs out from fasts moving weapons and reduce the speed for highlighting key items and treasure sensing, scans or chest, you name it, and mmaybe another way to get +range while mid air, then the slam attack should so do something special which can be a brief explosion on the next hit, or grant of speed if crit with some limitations single and double daggers can feel more nicer without relying on warframe mods.

or at least the slower weapons COULD feature radar and defensive energy shields or paulderons which function as extra arrmor provided by floating robotics that can be customized or configured later for the gram and other weapons to appear much savier maybe just make another robot which aids heavy weapon users and another robot that guides and enhances fast ones. not a great suggestion but its a quickclick. I think it was the Gazelle Machete in the Dojo that has some affiinioty with the robotics but i would love to see something for melee weapons to resonate with the earlier weapons lato, skana benefiting combos and equipment combos or passive gains, range, walllatch, etc

. hey maybe some new rivens or augments which give wielding lato a bonus on knives + range+crit ? horrible example but the point is that there should be cross over functions which work well with other equipment like how kubrows act on critical damgage mods, these new rivens could speed up draw speed with a special energy shot on slide actions if proper then the next reload could also replentish some HP or Armor with bullet jumps, secondary fire could elongate the knives but cost energy which looks really awesome like the cloth.

just brain storm,

13 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Getting to red crit in 2 to 3 hit was completely insane balance-wise and I just can't believe people try to defend this. Seriously. Do you realize how weaks guns are on comparison ?

Most melee were buffed anyway. The ones that were nerfed are almost exclusively the spin2win whips, Zenistar, Gunblades and glaive, Zenistar and Glaive didn't deserves it tho. And everything else was pretty much buffed.

Being able to mow down level 250 without any effort was completely stupid. If DE wants the scaling to make any sense in the future, they HAD to nerf the scaling.

Heck melee is still several time more powerful than ranged weapons. Build did change a bit and hybrid weapons are still the best, CO was nerfed and BR can't get you to insane damage in three seconds top. 

The vast majority of people are probably unhappy because they want to use old build with the same success. It doesn't work. This update made me use weapons I completely neglected and discovered new synergies. My old meta build were still doing ok, but being able to have fun with Hate of all weapons is something I didn't expect.

I don't care. 

I built that weapon, levelled, it forma'd it repeatedly. I built those formas from drops too. I put in a S#&$load of hours and resources into that weapon. I have shotguns that can one-hit kill high level enemies that my spear takes several hits to kill in comparison. My favoured weapon wasn't just gutted, it was turned into the equivalent of a kitchen knife. 

1 minute ago, ChaosMarine said:

I don't care. 

I built that weapon, levelled, it forma'd it repeatedly. I built those formas from drops too. I put in a S#&$load of hours and resources into that weapon. I have shotguns that can one-hit kill high level enemies that my spear takes several hits to kill in comparison. My favoured weapon wasn't just gutted, it was turned into the equivalent of a kitchen knife. 

Over-reaction yet again. "kitchen knife" really ?

Can you let me use Melee finishers by pressing the Melee button again? I just realized they haven't been working cuz I gotta press the Parazon button after opening them to finisher, such as using Ash's Teleport. The finisher uses the melee weapon, not the Parazon... so it should use the melee button.

the Sydon was not reworked with the Amphis and so players who sacrifice the amphis for the sydon will feel really bad unless you come up with a few stat improvements and visual keys or sounds which include amphis attacking animations, critical triggers, map/minimap inclusions for minning or enemy radar at least ANYTHING to make that sydon blueprint matter to amphis and sydon owners, amphis at least has electric attacks, slam-2win, and it looks great, i personally love my sydon, but its scary to think am being ripped off without a riven or augment to find right away, the sydon needs rework.

Sydon features + Blueprint revealing gift sygil and decoration, freeware mod and points system, rewards and  Amphis stance with arc-features for bo's. <freeware augment> 

should have improvements made to each blueprint and stat to reflect their compatabilities, iit looks like a rea nice enemy weapon tjat might have a nicer parry angle realistically but rightnow sydon has nothing beautiful or inviting in the stats or purchase windows which might seem difficult to convince a true amphis user to switch over.

I recommend defensive shield or glass which burst on low hp for the weapon some add-ons and sugatras, visuals seem enemy and darkness oriented, so i wish it had some overshields and glows in appearance or secondary attack(s) that retain and difuse the pre- and amphis users with new ones which can relate to nhesa uses of AOE like oberon and volt, this can make amphis and sydon appealing to players who switch out their weapons or fight on the same ground for a while, sparks would fly out with combos arc-fashion, and sydon would get some oberon esk AOE attacks and vineflame which offers some cover like the parazon while hacking

as far as the upgrade screen for the spear and stances, especially sydon/amphis is dull and should feature some sygils and logos or specializing, which can be used to equip a orb, or special mechanic, secondary weapon, or feature, but to keep it simply at least the mod slots should have new features and reductions or augments so players get to using the S#&amp;&#036;ty mods, the appearance of stances also too easily confusing. ,

A gift should be bestowed to players first equiping the amphis and sydon, unique slots for moding and crosing sydon/amphis architecture stances can cross over to other weapons and rivens to coat the regular slots or give the players something to look foward to, the slot should have aa unlockable feature which comes with max rank. 

smaller gifts, maybe a glyph, color-palette or mod, crafted or notpurchesed, this helps players get to sydon

(naturally)

users cope without the thunder mod is a special mod which includes through arcs-of wind/thunder  ephemeral based,instead of shock status,  something insane for sydon popularity and amphis users to not complain, mean while the sydon should get a special stance/mod features to excite amphis and bo players and spear- viceversa?

RAMBOSTYLE

, i know the amphis got reworked but when i switched over to the sydon i lost all the super powers and i was expecting more than just a regular weapon after sacrificing the amphis in the creation of the bluprint requirement for sydon there should be some glyps and riven or mod aquised for both the amphis re-purchaser or a way to reduce at least the free gift or augment will prevent chaous for the sydon players, i am looking foward to buying a riven, but honestly i expect the SYDON to receive a quick rework or patch, maybe that i has some charged throw or magic, or that it can be used like the javlok to deploy the older amphis etc, there should at least be more things added to these weapons both, and their face structure or schools and mod slots are too generic, some could perhaps come with mirrors and platyes equiped or have forbiden access to some secret palettes when shuffling for colors, something that comes with ranks and great for chromas ephemeral attacks, i cant think of anythin gof high quality, for the sydon and amphis other than there should be more mods and augments to find in other planets and missions with blueprints for simular weapons or mods and stances for staves / bo / spear apear too generic to discern unless u really notice the stance changed, i know because of the nikana prime and regular nikana have no visual enhancements for those who use rivens and skins, blind swordsman is the only animation change, maybe eventually we could weave stances/and rivens spicy to include a gram stance for katanas or some reload speed for prim/sec and other powers outside the focus scopes which limit riven mods, they are already difficult ot obtain for new players without platinum which is fine, but there is nothing more annoying than waiting for new stuff to come out so writing relaxes me. Am eager to hear and see the next patch relesed even though we dont know many things about it, other than the orbiter and thanks giving release for watever, the masseter was ridicoulosusly CHEAP BUY, but what woudl be more interesting for the dojos and relays to customize blueprints, and mods of those weapons we crafted there which can be added to the arsenal and webstore to keep players revisiting the STORE / SHOP , i mean theree should be more obvious checkmarks GREEN which can be clicked, if u own the weapon, then it fcan be further customized or finished, or guilded version, any temporary rolls or improvements and challenges which require the palyer to wield a different weapon or carry two melee weapons, until eventually the gear becomes something else other than a weapons and tools's roulete to call up archwing and skateboard that it becomes somethign which melee players can also use to integrate forms and stances under survey it can mean that switching forms and stances can be a good change under survey dough....dont get mad at me, i mean its doable to get stances and two melee weapons builds without sacrificing a primary or secondary weapon, Destiny 2 has a system that allows u to carry 3 granade launcher sor linear riffles , 3 shotguns if u played it u know that is really good to switch out weapons on the fly u can carry 9 of them different ones and a phone app so its epic, but for now stances should include some survival or defensive nodes active under energy and movement which flutter and fluctuate, who cares, pish, the obex is good!

change to cause pickups to weapons explode or statuses for melee users to get some special augments or fixes on flat weapons like the sydon that have no secondary features like the rivens have some slide options but nothing triggered from items, or while in air as far as i know, the sydons slam attack is not amphis related, so thats why i wrote that sydon should include a stance revelant to the amphis's technologies and electrical damage to cause the sydon to be used like the amphis, but in the future maybe rivens and pickups should include random buffs.

anything useful for the melee guys to use the stuff they find on the ground and lockers, mods and such things could be transfered into actual powerful stats, if not just give this power to the enemies so they stand a chance. But am curious to see a riven which includes [may cause explosion , and other cautions or p/s weapon style attacks on end.) the ranged attacks would appear more interesting if else thing added.

• sydon rework
  • rivens with caution statuses (explode)
  • pickups during melee fighting
  • /mode/channeling and lockers/door/machinery breaking to heavy weapons, dents, and other visuals, smoke, sparks, flame, explosion, knockback and electrical surges which enfeeble or poison, grants statuses while walking on certain terrain areas of the forest, water, add stealth briefly while falling, during bullet jump, and other features for each tileset,
  • gram / hammer to share stances with riven like deductions, or shares?
  •  stance cross over, riven cross over?
  • brainstorming

Melee Feedback: After week of playing

decided to wait a week and playtest weapons/stances as apposed to an immediate emotional response. 

Issues I have :

- Charge attacks have been changed to Heavy attacks and wipes out your combo counter. It feels like you've just taken something regular and added a penalty to it. Making it the middle mouse button isn't a welcomed change either as apposed to just holding down the melee button. 

- No utilization of left mouse button in Melee mode... considering it's the most comfortable and natural button to use for attacking, not using this just doesn't make sense to me.

- My biggest issue is most of the stance moves: It seems like some moves in stance mods were rushed and/or threw in random animations that were on hand as apposed to some that look well polished and actually useful to use. I would just recommend revisiting some stance mods and consider reworking the animations. or at least throw ones together that doesn't make it look or perform like a hot mess. 

In today's hotfix 26.0.7 this change as made (Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive's hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier.). This is a step backwards as this previously lackluster weapon type felt new and refreshing as throwing your thrown weapon actually felt rewarding once you raised your combo multiplier. without this functionality the weapon might as well just be another regular weapon because the throwing function has once again become useless as it does literally no damage. I went from being able to kill a 125 corrupted heavy gunner with 2-3 throws at a 12x multiplier to it taking over 10 throws sometimes close to 15 at the same multiplier. Now i understand that only heavy attacks were intended to benefit from the combo multiplier but maybe some exception or middle ground can be made/met like a buff to the throwing portion of the weapons damage because this was a big disappointment to log into as i was actively using my glaive prime and wolf sledge and now while the melee damage is still good ive lost all incentive to use either of these weapons over others as I was taking advantage of the thrown aspect.

Hi DE,

I waited a while and played it out before giving feedback to avoid knee-jerk reactions.

With that said, generally disappointed with this melee update. Reasons in order of importance

1. Loss of maiming strike/blood rush scaling

• safety of the mobility and quickly eliminating threat made frame choice less important, generally could play whatever frame i wanted with the safety provided by slide attack mobility and efficiency, now frame choice is limited further to maintain efficiency/durability 
  • i enjoyed the play-style (does this matter to you?)
  • i miss red crits

2. Loss of channeling

• why?
  • combo system worse than channeling, and
  • investments into the new combo system feel super underwhelming

3. Loss of player investments

• i'm sure you understand this, but players have put time, effort, resources, and choices, into a melee weapon/play-style, which now does not work the same way it did. you took that from us, and it doesn't feel good

The melee rework is not all bad, I do enjoy some aspects of it, like early game, but you took power and did not sufficiently reimburse on multiple aspects of what existed previously. As the update settles down, i don't see people using melee weapons, the mission summary shows "melee kills" at 0 for pretty much all squad members consistently.

Thanks for the game DE, awesome job!

PS: please make host migration not a thing

В 18.10.2019 в 20:58, [DE]Bear сказал:

If you have any feedback on these proposed changes, please feel free to respond to this thread. Remember that feedback should be concise, constructive and civil. If there is something you don’t like, remember to tell us why, and what you would like to see instead, or if there is something you like the sound of, remember to tell us why you think it will help and how you would like to use it!

Hello. There is one caveat in the new melee system. Damage does not increase. Now, after 160 mob levels, you have to go out.

Hi there,

So far the melee is alright but very rough around the edges.

1.Heavy attacks

• Very slow (even with mods) and on many weapons very unreliable ( Give heavy attacks more utility instead of raw damage) 
  • Give heavy attacks more utility and other benefits instead of raw damage - By that i mean higher bleed proc, armor pierce, air launch or even stun (effectiveness determined by the combo meter)
  • Remove the awkward buildup animation on some weapons/stances
  • Heavy attacks should be reworked into power attacks or special/signature skill(depending on weapon or stance) - something that you would want to use like swinging your hammer at an enemy throwing him into other enemies or see him splatter on the wall // gripping your nikana and delivering a flurry of slashes that release at a blink of an eye.

2.Tactical combo Melee

• Extremely awkward to use on many weapons
  • Some weapons have too long lunge animation before going into attack
  • Give ability to cancel combos into tactical melee
  • Some have too many unnecessary attack animations - this should be a gap closer ( getting close and interrupting the enemy ) Blind justice's first attack is the best example and right after you do the slam attack without the weird leg kick in the middle(kinda unnecessary since when you can just charge at the enemy for a hit then jump slam) or this can be an actual combo - Block+E/jump/E(aim down)

3. Animation Cancel

• A ninja dash would have been a lot better and less clunky than the roll (at least in full melee)  - wisp's roll is a good example (a little sped up)

4. Slide attacks and Air melee

• Spin2win is still a thing mostly because of high damage/range - This should be changed into something else like trip/sweep, to knock down lesser enemies and stagger heavy/Elite doing lesser damage.
  • Change the slam command to Block+melee so that you don't use slam by mistake

6. Some extras :

• Melee wake up - wakeup attack after being knocked down staggering or stunning enemies around you
  • Air/knock recovery - hitting the jump button right after being hit with a knockdown(cannot be used if hocked by the enemy) will let you do backflip(has cooldown 2s) - Backflip mods ignores the penalties and auto backflips after being hit with a knockdown
  • Being caught and dragged by scorpion/sentient allows you to shot it while you are being dragged, reducing the knockdown if you stagger him/her (bleedout animation)
  • Air Cancel - Holding V or CTR in the air allows you to shift to ground level preserving your mobility and causes enemies to lose sight of you
  • Option to have auto block(only for ground) for sword alone 
  • Heavy/Power attack utility(effectiveness depends on how high is the combo meter :

*some can have unique heavy like the wolf hammer*

1. Daggers/Dagger/Fans -  High damage single target(grab) 
  2. Rapier/spear - Slightly wide range armor piercing thrust (multiple targets) - armor piercing % depends on the meter
  3. Hammer/Mace/Staff - A swing with wide range knocking enemies into other enemies and high damage if thrown into obstacle
  4. Nikana/sword/schythe/Dual - Wide slash/slashes delivering high slash procs
  5. Whip - wip around you damaging enemies while moving (range/dmg/duration depends on the metter)
  6. Sword and needles - Hook an enemy and charge at him with a thrust of your sword damaging enemies in a line and knocking down the enemies around (armor pierce)
  7. Fists - Grab and bash him into the ground stunning enemies around (aoe range/single target dmg depends on the meter)
  8. Fists and legs/nunchucks - Drop kick - functions the same as the hammer
  9. Sword and Shield - Charge forward with your shield knocking enemies into other enemies and high damage if thrown into an obstacle
  10. Gun blade - Deliver a high damage piercing shot
  11. Great sword - Dash forward delivering a wide slash with knockdown and mid dmg slash proc
  12. Glaive - Dmg and wider range (and I don't mean by throw distance, more like throwing a giant shuriken) when thrown depending on the meter
  13. Fans(2) - maybe to some other fans in the future - Throw the fans at an enemy and after hitting an enemy it will separate in 2 hitting 1 or 2 additional targets before coming back (can be canceled by pressing melee button) - delivering high slash proc
  14. Claws - Dash in a flurry of wide slashes delivering heavy bleed procs
  • Combos - Block+heavy(lift enemies in the air)/Jump(jump at the same level as the closest enemy in the air/E(strike him in the air) * Block+space(slam in the ground)

Any chance we could get the standing normal combo and the forward combo on blind justice swapped? The entire point of the new combo style is supposed to be that forward combos keep us moving, yet the current forward combo of blind justice brings our momentum to a near total stop AND shifts us slightly to the right every time we use it, which makes me avoid using that combo or even using nikana any more because that was my favorite stance. Worse yet, the change to the base combo in the new system negated the "reset" to one's position that resulted from the ground stab after the spinny move. Most other combos are fun, exciting and revitalized (except sparring, staves, and the older 2 polearm stances. Really any that have less than 4 combos) 

I'm sure this point has been raised, but I don't want to dig through the thread and I can't not bring it up. I enjoy the heavy attack button being right stick in, especially for projectile weapons like Redeemer and glaives as it makes aiming far easier. However, please allow us to still hold B in order to transition into a heavy attack while using a primary and secondary like we had before. Case in point: imagine you're using Scourge to apply status procs for a CO Redeemer build. Before this update, I could nail an enemy with some Scourge blasts, then hold B to immediately transition into the charged attack of the Redeemer. The way it is now, holding B does nothing and clicking right stick obviously just chucks my staff. So, I either have to hit B to engage melee or hold Y to manually equip melee before being allowed to do the charge attack. Neither method is fluid or convenient, so my suggestion is to map holding B and right stick in to the exact same function. This way we can transition to a melee's heavy attack while aiming with a primary or secondary, as well as keep the more accessible aiming when melee is engaged. Thanks.

[Edit - Oh, so PC's most recent update fixed this apparently? But people are complaining they're holding the attack button accidentally. OK, well, hopefully on console, that's not an issue and all is well. 😆]

On occasion the game is interpreting the light attacks as a held button press and performing a heavy attack and blowing combo counter.  Please make held melee attack for heavy a toggle it is annoying.  Are exalted weapons going to be revisted post 3.0?  Iron staff in particular does not look to be in a good place post 3.0 and seems inferior to regular melee due to the cap on condition overload and not being able to use bloodrush.

Ok, not going to wade through 53 pages of feedback for Glaives, though there seems to be some feedback just on the first page.

First, if the changes to melee in general have removed the glaive exploding on its own by default, please put this back.

The glaive was already awkward to begin with and removing this makes it even more annoying to use effectively.

I think the changes in general are good for melee the way this is implemented also changed glaives for the worse.

The pistol + glaive combo was surprisingly fun and efficient to use, especially since it explodes. Now... not so fun to use any more since there is wind up and in pure melee mode you can't go straight into the throw when you hold down the melee button, which makes building up your combo counter using a throw very difficult.

why not use the glaive like a regular melee weapon? Kind of defeats the purpose of making it a boomerang type and it never really leaves your hand for very long, eh?

Archived