Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon is being nerfed...

Psianide73

Just now, PR1D3 said:

Oh god that's actually pretty good! Crutchmoon, man. I'm stealing this. Remember kids, the more crutches you have the hard you'll hit the ground when they're eventually kicked from under you.

And this is the realest post on here. This is the philosophy I've had for years. I did the same thing with the Tiberon too. I had gotten my riven pre Prime for 50 plt. I love my burst fires and it was no exception. I have stockpiles of rivens for non popular weapons I like. Before the recent changes while people were lining up to give BJs to the Lens I was a Daikyu believer since it's launch. I have the conclave skin for it for gods sake. You can break your neck trying to get a riven for the Opticor, Fulmin, Acceletra, or what have you, meanwhile the 2 rivens each I have for the Seer and Kraken? Well Old Blood is about to be a little bit more interesting for me now. And watch. When Ivara Prime comes out, oh man. Would it be the greatest coincidence that Archer Prime brings the last Prime Bow?

I saw you’re a fellow daikyu Stan *tips hat

They're only reducing its effective range.

Don't you think you're overreacting a little?

EDIT:
The thread I was commenting on got merged into another. This is in response to Kaiser_Suoh who was the OP of the topic at the time.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

So I woke up an hour ago, saw the update was live, downloaded it and launched the game.

Got new UI for the arsenal, nice. Read patchnotes, needed to play a mission to get a feel.

Launched a mission, using catchmoon, couldn't kill a mob that was in a corner of a small room because of new falloff. Welp...

Closed the game, launched another game.

I've been playing Warframe since open beta, when founder packs was available. Every new big update, I was playing Warframe for new content. Today i'm not. It's gotten to the point where I don't care anymore.

Why?

I spent hours working up faction reputations and ranks. Hours farming weapon parts. If you went the casual route, you know how painful this is :

- Open world quests bug often

- Open world PUGs do stupid things failing quests

- Hosts leaving for whatever reason

Once you get the parts and build the weapon, farming affinity and formatting.

Then DE rolls in and say to your face : We don't like you using the weapon you worked hard for, so we will kill it.

Now here is what i'm thinking : why should I farm ANY gear? If DE can just destroy the efforts I put into getting a weapon I like for some contextless data reading without even asking me about it first, why should I even play this game?

I don't feel like putting any more effort into this. Grendel? They will nerf it when they see players enjoying it a bit too much. Kuva leeches? They will put limitations because players will obviously aim for their weapons and kill them outright, which is not what DE wants obviously. Otherwise they wouldn't have put in the possibility of allying with them.

DE obviously has no idea what players want or need to enjoy the game, and this makes it not ok with me.

As of now, in my opinion, the game is catering to the most vocal players which are either the most elitist or the trolliest players of the community, distorting DE's view of their player base.

As such, I don't think this game will continue being fun for long and will only decline, like many other games before it. For me the game is not fun anymore, which is why i'm ignoring the update and playing another game instead.

WAKE UP DE.

4 minutes ago, Huryiade said:

DE obviously has no idea what players want or need to enjoy the game

Variety is one the biggest things players need to enjoy any game. 50% of people at a certain level using a single weapon because it is so powerful is not variety.

Inb4 just buff everything else.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Variety is one the biggest things players need to enjoy any game. 50% of people at a certain level using a single weapon because it is so powerful is not variety.

Inb4 just buff everything else.

Why do YOU care? If you don't like Catchmoon, use one of the other weapons, you are not FORCED to use it. Meanwhile WE ARE forced to accept the nerfs. Also, DO NOT talk about other's preferences. You ARE NOT other players, so you have no right to assume what other players would like.

• Like 2