Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the number of Murmur required too much : poll

Yemesis

I would like to create a quick poll about this 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is too much , give an upvote 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is Ok ,           give a satisfied

If you only care about Pizza                                                                                       give a Haha

Edit strawpoll would be simpler but it wouldn't be visible in the thread "cannot embed "

Edited by Yemesis
  • Like 2

Yeah it's a bit too much. It would be nice to allow the thralls to spawn in normal missions, syndicate missions, fissures, and sorties if it's under Kuva Lich control. It would make the grind "bearable" and not burn out the player too fast.

Oh and "KUVA LICH controlled node" can be used to "free" the node from kuva lich control.

• Like 2

Remember when archwing launcher was a consumable item and required heck ton of grind to gather the materials ? I farmed for hours had like 200 of it. And sometime later they reduced the requirements by tenfold. And then they turned it into a permanent item.

Murmur is like that. 

• Like 4

Yeah, it takes way too long. The icon fills in so slowly that I didn't even notice it was until I had killed like ten Thralls. Not only that, but when you finish a Requiem part during a mission, you can't start making progress towards the next one until you return to your orbiter. So if you enter a mission, and only need one more Thrall to complete the one you're on, all the rest of the Thralls you kill in that mission go to waste.

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Remember when archwing launcher was a consumable item and required heck ton of grind to gather the materials ? I farmed for hours had like 200 of it. And sometime later they reduced the requirements by tenfold. And then they turned it into a permanent item.

Murmur is like that. 

I hope you're right. I just wish DE would stop releasing these new systems with completely absurd grinds. it makes it feel like you should play everything on a delay. Yeah, it just came out, so the grind sucks right now. But come back in a year and it'll probably be good!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

I would like to create a quick poll about this 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is too much , give an upvote 

If you feel the number of Murmur required to discover a requiem part is Ok ,           give a satisfied

If you only care about Pizza                                                                                       give a Haha

Edit strawpoll would be simpler but it wouldn't be visible in the thread "cannot embed "

What if I feel you're just farming for upvotes?

The ludicrous amount of thralls required has already been mentioned both in the official feedback thread and GD.

il y a 1 minute, Olphalarepth a dit :

What if I feel you're just farming for upvotes?

The ludicrous amount of thralls required has already been mentioned both in the official feedback thread and GD.

Just don't reply to the thread then , you give more "visibility" 😄

I'm on the fence, so I'm applauding.

On the one hand, the process taking a while makes sense. They're not supposed to be a fast grind, they're a long-term nemesis.

On the other, it is a bit of a grind. Perhaps upping the variety of ways to get them, or maybe adding them to certain 'mission rewards' - like, lich-controlled spy missions or mobile defense missions can give you extra murmur points since you are gathering intel direct from their territory.

il y a 1 minute, Nezha_Rose a dit :

Do we have a number on how many Thralls do we need to use our Paisano dagger on for a full murmur?

It's +- 45 Murmur per requiem part so 45*3 = +-135 Murmur needed per full requiem( the 3 parts)

I think It's fine. 

I like to just melee big hords and do a flashy animation to execute an enemy. 

The targets that have to be killed? They are a pain at lvl 100. I was slashing and shooting one for a minute or two but only after he oneshot me. Because of course they can just have insane amount damage all of a sudden.

At least in my case some of the targets are weak af and then an other target just looked at me and I died. Thankfully Ivara exists.

It is too much when they are only found in special missions that you have to go out of your way to play. If those thrall guys showed up everywhere in the game, in sorties, fissures, and all the other game modes, it would be okay. It would just be something you slowly work on in the background, like passively leveling a syndicate by wearing a sigil or gaining focus by having a lens equipped. Having to 100% focus on it to the exclusion of everything else is what makes it terrible, just like it would make syndicates and focus terrible if they had to be done that way.

Edited by SordidDreams

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Murmur is like that. 

That's very depressing, that means they are probably just ignoring feedback on this in the beginning, only fixing it if we continue to complain months down the line.

The archwing launcher consumable thing was never not annoying, it should have been a permanent item from the beginning.

The archwing disabler projectiles enemies in open areas spam are still stupid and make what could be a cool combat mechanic, into being exclusively a fast travel system.

This murmur system looks like more of the same.. just... why?

I'm VERY tempted to just ignore this whole mess until it becomes sane, like I did do with the archwing nonsense, and other grindy messes before.

Oh wait.. this one is forced on you.

Reports are that you don't GET to ignore it, it's stealing from you until you deal with it, like a pile of dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.

.. sigh..

Il y a 1 heure, DLDeath a dit :

I'm probably just going to brute force the key words needed to kill the lich.  Don't care if they get to lvl 5 since it's faster than doing the dumb thralls.

don't think it would be that much effective since you have 56 possible combination total

Edited by Yemesis

2 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

Yeah, it takes way too long. The icon fills in so slowly that I didn't even notice it was until I had killed like ten Thralls. Not only that, but when you finish a Requiem part during a mission, you can't start making progress towards the next one until you return to your orbiter. So if you enter a mission, and only need one more Thrall to complete the one you're on, all the rest of the Thralls you kill in that mission go to waste.

I hope you're right. I just wish DE would stop releasing these new systems with completely absurd grinds. it makes it feel like you should play everything on a delay. Yeah, it just came out, so the grind sucks right now. But come back in a year and it'll probably be good!

Pshht 'HEMA research'

I dont think am gonna bother with the thralls, it will fill up when it fills up . too much grind for a MR fodder anyways.. also mostly it will affect new players who doesnt have millions and millions of resources stacked up

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'm on the fence, so I'm applauding.

On the one hand, the process taking a while makes sense. They're not supposed to be a fast grind, they're a long-term nemesis.

On the other, it is a bit of a grind. Perhaps upping the variety of ways to get them, or maybe adding them to certain 'mission rewards' - like, lich-controlled spy missions or mobile defense missions can give you extra murmur points since you are gathering intel direct from their territory.

The problem is the reward is so lackluster, you get a random weapon (not even talking about epherma's that shouldn't be a reward here, they should work like the blood epherma from arby), and with all this talk on kuva, where is my large chunk of kuva?! I expected him to take resources (like they do) and convert it to kuva, I kill baddie lich and get 10k kuva per level. Seems quite fair for the time invested wasted on this.

Edit - I recall them getting rid of alerts due to players not being able to get resources like nitain, blueprints, etc, and it being generally unfair to players not 'living' in Warframe. Then go around and design and RNG system (relics) and put in on Floods that follow that same logic of old alerts. Being around one per hour. Very poor design.  I think a flood should spawn, you complete it and a siphon is 'upgraded' to flood status, this happens up to.. 3-5 times an hour. There ya go.  Do spy missions/mobile defense/defense and get up to 50% murmur (as in the whole word, so 25 kills worth) for completing the mission, gives a reason to do them.

Right now the lich system is just doing content we've been doing for years, for the sole purpose of eventually getting an arbitrary 'word', then get a relic with the mod that matches said word, then trial and error (the most fun of playstyles, not), to eventually get a weapon that we never cared for anyways. Then we need to spend 5 forma on the weapon to get 'all the MR juice out of ' and that's if we don't already have the weapon to begin with.  Absolute trash system that feels more China MMO P2W (since you can get mods in the market) than "fair" F2P "ninja's play free".  Absolutely love this game, but this has me so far on the edge I'm very close to quitting if this isn't ironed out hard. Cannot believe they'd allow it, all this grind, lackluster rewards and seeing it as 'okay' knowing how the community hates Fortuna's grind, this is 3x worse, easily.

Edited by Tinklzs

2 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

The problem is the reward is so lackluster, you get a random weapon (not even talking about epherma's that shouldn't be a reward here, they should work like the blood epherma from arby), and with all this talk on kuva, where is my large chunk of kuva?! I expected him to take resources (like they do) and convert it to kuva, I kill baddie lich and get 10k kuva per level. Seems quite fair for the time invested wasted on this.

Edit - I recall them getting rid of alerts due to players not being able to get resources like nitain, blueprints, etc, and it being generally unfair to players not 'living' in Warframe. Then go around and design and RNG system (relics) and put in on Floods that follow that same logic of old alerts. Being around one per hour. Very poor design.  I think a flood should spawn, you complete it and a siphon is 'upgraded' to flood status, this happens up to.. 3-5 times an hour. There ya go.  Do spy missions/mobile defense/defense and get up to 50% murmur (as in the whole word, so 25 kills worth) for completing the mission, gives a reason to do them.

Right now the lich system is just doing content we've been doing for years, for the sole purpose of eventually getting an arbitrary 'word', then get a relic with the mod that matches said word, then trial and error (the most fun of playstyles, not), to eventually get a weapon that we never cared for anyways. Then we need to spend 5 forma on the weapon to get 'all the MR juice out of ' and that's if we don't already have the weapon to begin with.  Absolute trash system that feels more China MMO P2W (since you can get mods in the market) than "fair" F2P "ninja's play free".  Absolutely love this game, but this has me so far on the edge I'm very close to quitting if this isn't ironed out hard. Cannot believe they'd allow it, all this grind, lackluster rewards and seeing it as 'okay' knowing how the community hates Fortuna's grind, this is 3x worse, easily.

This kind of underlines a key problem i have with this update.
If I play as a complete nolifer and dedicate 6+ hours per day to warframe, then this system is fine.
If I want to dedicate something less than that, then this is adding non-progress busy work to my schedule.

For the last month I have been playing another game in co-op with real life friends, and spent less than an hour a day on average on warframe, and to my surprise, I find myself quite overwhelmed with the grind, progress has almost completely stopped, there's too much busywork nonsense now that's getting in the way of the interesting parts I WANT to play.

Because for the last year or so warframes updates make me think... a lot of this stuff just isn't fun.
And much of that same non-fun stuff like the card system for the Lich... has a pay option to skip it..

Having the option to skip things is a lot less acceptable when it's obvious that the game would be better without the thing in the first place.
Having the option to buy orokin cells or forma, is great, because I WILL find them eventually, but i could be impatient if i want.
The murmur's wont happen eventually, this is a grind wall.

Please don't go down this road.

I would strongly suggest adding the murmur drops into regular missions, make it so that I can farm it, not so that I must.

Edited by enizer