Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

39 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

I advise that you just bite the bullet, accept that not everyone's going to do what you want them to, and stop getting bent out of shape with desperation for points.

"I advise you to not complain when other people don't participate in the biggest reason to play these particular missions".

Yeah okay.

4 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

"I advise you to not complain when other people don't participate in the biggest reason to play these particular missions".

Yeah okay.

The reason to play those missions is to get murmurs from thralls and to clear nodes. If not killing my lich makes people give feedback about this horribly designed system, heck yes I will keep not killing my lich until they listen to feedback and remove the trial-and-error suicide nonsense. RNG is not challenge. We want a challenge, a skill-based one, NOT RNG, DE. It ain't that hard to understand.

could we get more control over what weapon our lich has? I've only ever gotten weapons I hated or don't want and after the changes somehow the grind for murmurs feels way way worse. just flat out reduce the amount we need across the board. This is not that much fun especially once the lich starts to get up to rank 4-5 they are not *fun* to fight they are annoying needlessly tough foes that give a piddling reward for slaying them.

1 minute ago, LoopStricken said:

Yeah okay.

Now there you go, twisting my words to suit your own views.  What I actually wrote was quite different.  But let me rephrase it for you:  Stop being impatient, and stop making demands of other people.  You don't deserve any more consideration than they do, and they deserve no less consideration than you are due.

23 hours ago, Julian_Skies said:

Do you have space on your build for Corrupted Charge? It alone gives 30s duration to the disc without any meleeing needed.

This is an excellent point, for those of us who're frustrated about the way the Zenistar has been affected by the update. I mean, it's not the perfect fix, but it'll do for now ... I think.

(I think it's "Corrupt Charge," though, not "Corrupted Charge.")

THANK YOU!!!!!!

... oh wait, just tried it. ... and it doesn't seem to work properly. As others have pointed out, Corrupt Charge is buggy at best when you're not host or solo. Oh well.

3 hours ago, Dr.Membrane said:

"Nail AoE" is just additional damage, could be a bit stronger or just use slash-procs

yeah, slash would make it better to deal with high level enemies.

"Speed Boost Pad" needs a bit more charges i have the feeling it runs out pretty quickly, would be great for defence the Interseption terminals tho. But all in all i would remove it and add a "small defence bubble" which has the space for one tenno(also spamable 4 times) so Vauban can stay at one point without getting damage and prepare the surrounding with traps or just shoot out.

i know that is kind of useless ability, but i really like it. I use this a lot in defense, mobile defense and interception, something that would make it great is maybe stretching the width of the arrow, i usually have to put two of them in some doors since is so slim.

"Damage boost" its a nice little damage buff and by alle the 4x4 options the amount of buff seems fair.

This ability is amazing, the only problem i found out with this one is that is so hard to hit a squad member with this grenade to give him the buff. This ability at least should leave a circle in the map that whoever it passed remove the circle from the map and gain the damage buff.

after this hotfix vauban is now much better to use,but in my opinion minelayer is not usefull at all,it was much better a bounce pad that gives buffs,25%movement speed,25%damage,25%ammo max or 25%shield recharge etc...bounce was a fun abilitie so if u add some buff to it can make vauban even better and fun as allways,the rework is great but minelayer is not something im going to use

32 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

Blah

That was a puerile display of disrespect, and it reflects badly upon you that you attempt to belittle someone in that way.

32 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

Why are people playing Lich missions to avoid the lich?

They are not doing that, because they can avoid the lich by not playing lich missions.  They are trying to gather murmurs, just like everyone else.  At the moment, there is no timeout for the lich to give up and go home.  There probably should be, or some other mechanism in the game to allow other players to dispel it with their parazons after a timeout.

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

yea this doesnt work they still get to be kuva lich if you kill them normally

1 hour ago, Har-Vestor said:

The reason to play those missions is to get murmurs from thralls and to clear nodes. If not killing my lich makes people give feedback about this horribly designed system, heck yes I will keep not killing my lich until they listen to feedback and remove the trial-and-error suicide nonsense. RNG is not challenge. We want a challenge, a skill-based one, NOT RNG, DE. It ain't that hard to understand.

I agree on the RNG thing about liches, because this is what DE does. DE promises new content for people who want a challenge, only for DE to actually deliver more RNG we have to hope favours us. Rivens are RNG mods, now we have RNG in the new weapons, and RNG in killing a lich, WHY NOT, make killing liches, SKILL BASED, iinstead of RNG.

15 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

Then why avoid the murmurs that stabbing the bloody Lich would give?

Not knowing that a failed attempt gives murmurs, probably.  It's not as if it's mentioned in the game or shown in the UI, and this part of the game is changing a lot.  I know that Warframe is in long-term beta testing, but this bit is really very beta indeed.  Mostly, I think, in the bits that show the player what's going on.  For example, I don't know whether the "get killed but get murmurs" bit was in there at feature launch (I saw no sign of it then, so if I was getting murmurs last week then it was well-hidden), or added over the last few days.  I'm going to have to hunt through the patch notes to see.

Still, if someone's on their last revive then challenging a lich isn't going to do them any good - that part of the kingpin system is going to need some tweaking.

Thanks for the nice update, sadly the Kuva Lich aggro system still stinks and is counter-intuitive to the new thrall progression. Yesterday I had revealed the three mods before I had enough aggro again to do a 2nd attempt on the lich. I needed all 5 attempts (or 6 lich attacks) to finally kill the lich. Getting it back to aggro after each attempts took hours and felt not exactly like less grind at all.

Fix the aggro system, please.

Meanwhile, I won't kill my lich in missions any longer, if I'm very close to reveal a mod (and that's usually the very same mission the bugger shows up). Not nice towards my group mates, but they better wait one run instead me waiting 4 runs, before the suckers shows up again.

Hmm, new melee, which is much like my beloved old melee is just great to have back. Manual block is bliss.
However not so happy with melee number changes. I can't put it into words, no expert and I didn't note down numbers before/after, but I feel less powerful? I was never one to use stances or plan out combos. I simply suck at dance-dance revolution. I was one of those just happily slashing away and building up combo counters. If the changes aimed at rewarding players more, who are better at dishing out more button combos, then ignore what I said. But if the changes were aimed at making melee more powerful for all... then it failed. (again, personal impression!)

EDIT
I came back here today because I wanted to edit my post, because I was a dum-dum when I wrote it and didn't make it specific enough. I had just finished the melee only alert against Grineer. After checking today I noticed I had the wrong loadout active at that time. I was fighting in my slash setup against them... yeah. So much for the "weak" output. Might wanna use some puncture when fighting Grineer, huh? -.-' 

54 minutes ago, KanoThalion said:

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

yea this doesnt work they still get to be kuva lich if you kill them normally

it hasn't been patched in yet.

I give up to get the Blazing Step Ephemera - after over 350 trys 2 full Braton and Lato Vandal sets (just on the way to get the Ephemera I already have farmed them after ESO releases) - I wish the Person at DE who think 1,01% Drop chance in Rota C of ESO is a good idea stream how he / she try to get the Ephemera on there own (in the normal Game without Devbuild cheating) and than tell me that the droprate is not ridiculous and frustrating........

Archived