• 4.0 Bugs/Glitches
  • 5.0 Hopes
    • 5.1 General Hopes
    • 5.2 Augment Ideas
  • 6.0 Closing Statement
  • 7.0 List of Changes (Edits)

1.0 Introduction:

1.1 My Story of Revenent

When I started playing Warframe, I loved the idea of Frost and Inaros but as I progressed in the game I found them to be lacking in lots of areas then I acquired Hydroid Prime (after the slight rework) and spent a ton of time putting work into him, because I loved the unconventional play style. Calling down Corrosive Barrage on one entrance, summoning tentacles to block another and lounging in a pool in a third spot. Being able to control a whole map was great but I was still so squishy. So I had to get creative and use pool to dodge Bombard Rockets and use it to survive most high level content. Which aggravated me because I couldn't play these high level missions. I tried Rhino and Chroma but wasn't a fan of their abilities. I tried perma stealth with Octavia but it was boring after a few missions. So then I went back to Inaros before falling away from the game for away. Something was just missing. Then there was the Plains of Edilon and finally the Mask of the Revenant Update 23.5. I got Revenant within the first week and absolutely loved his synergistic style between his abilities. My only issue was recasting Mesmer Skin. With my early builds of Revenant being focused on Power Strength and Natural Talent and Speed Drift. Trying to minimize the cast animation of Mesmer Skin. Finally, it wasn't till October that Rolling Guard and Adaptation would be released. I was back to playing Hydroid prime and working hard to finish system finally (about 200 days played at this time). Eventually, in December, I ended up buying Adaptation as everyone was talking about how good it was, but I saw rolling guard and decided to grab it as well to see how well it worked with Hydroid for casting the tentacles. It wasn't great. But I went back to Revenant in early January and I was trying to put adaptation on him before I noticed Rolling Guard again. HOLY ****!!!!! This was the golden ticket the one mod that unlocked Revenant and his dominant potential. After a short spell of messing around with his mods I found the best general build in the game for Revenant. And after trading tips with some other players I later found the best Index build for him as well. Now I'm here to share everything I've learned over the past year playing Revenant almost exclusively in every mission. 

1.2 Why Should you play Revenant?

If you enjoy ignoring all damage and status effects, clearing rooms while grabbing a drink, not dying from self damage or lack of oxygen and infinitely scaling damage. Then Revenant is for you. If you like simple builds that don't require a ton of investment then Revenant is your Warframe. The only requirement to be good at Revenant is owning Rolling Guard (Trades for 5~10p). After that its all about managing Mesmer Stacks and watching your energy levels. (I suggest rolling and recasting Mesmer Skin when under 5 stacks)

2.0 Guides:

2.1 General Build:

General Build   4 forma build (5 with aura forma)

This build hits a bunch of the major power points of Revenant while minimizing his weaknesses. 254% power strength gives you 100% health damage to enthralled targets when you Reave through them. This also gives you 15 stacks of Mesmer Skin which is more than enough stacks to keep you going. Rolling guard with Mesmer Skin keep you alive so you do not need vitality or armor. Revenant has big ranges already so the lack of range doesn't hurt you at all. Energy Siphon can be swapped for whatever aura mod you need for the mission.  Cunning drift can also be swapped for speed drift or rush if you want more sprint speed.

2.2 Index Build:

Strength Index Build

Radar Index Build

Uses same forma set up as above(4 forma +aura forma =5 total)

This build focuses on power strength and efficiency. Roll such that you end on an energy orb then cast Mesmer Skin. For the strength variant have 387% strength with Energy Conversion giving you 23 stacks of Mesmer Skin. This allows you to carry shards while remaining invincible for an entire match (might need to recast once if you are unlucky). The Radar variant sacrifices 2 stacks of Mesmer Skin for +55 Radar. This allows you to easily spot targets around the map increasing your hunting efficiency. This is the build I typically use. And as always can swap in Rush or Speed Drift to run faster.

2.3 Budget Build (for newer players):

Budget Build No catalyst, with 0 forma

Honestly All you really need is Rolling Guard to recast Mesmer Skin. intensify and Power Drift for a bit of power strength, Flow and Streamline for using abilities and managing energy. Simple easy and very effective. 

3.0 Tips and Tricks:

3.1 Ability Breakdown & Synergy

Abilities:

Passive

Revenant is immune to a bunch of Sentients enemies attacks as well has other random interactions with them. He is also immune to the night waters in the Plains of Eidolon, and if that wasn't enough, when Revenant's Shield is lost he knocks down nearby enemies.

1 Enthrall

This ability allows you to turn up to 7 enemies into your ally for a while (base 30 sec). This can be cast for free after an enemy is stunned by Mesmer Skin. Keep killing the oldest Enthralled enemy so enemies are constantly being cycled under your control. Killed enemies leave behind a pillar of energy that does damage to nearby enemies and staggers them as well. Warning: Radaition dmg will cause thralls to return to attacking you.

2 Mesmer Skin

This is your saving grace. 100% Damage mitigation, crowd control, and blocks all status effects except knockback (knockdowns are turned into knockback). This is hands down the best ability the game when mixed with Rolling Guard. Rolling Guard gives you 3 secs of invincibility after a roll dodge (once every 7 seconds) as well as removes all status effects. While you have stacks of Mesmer Skin your health cannot fall below 2, making you for all purposes immortal.

3 Reave

This is a linear movement skill that steals health and shields from the enemy. Against Enthralled enemies this does 5x more damage. Passing through an enemy restores 1 charge of Mesmer Skin, while passing through teammates and compainions grant them 1 stack of Mesmer Skin. When in Danse Macabre this skills energy cost is reduced by 50% and cast is instant. Range mods affect width of Reave while Duration Mods affect distance traveled.  Warning: When cast in midair you cannot change direction. 

4 Danse Macabre (aka spin2win, aka Dance Party)

Massive room clearing ability, can hit enemies as high as the tip of your hand. Has innate punch through with 100m base range, changes its damage type to the what the enemy is weak to and can be boosted for double damage. Movement speed while in Danse Macabre is affected by movement speed mods and is further increased if you sprint before casting this ability. Killing Thralls causes them to drop overshields worth 50 shield. Hitting thrall energy pillars cause them to explode. Damage reflected by Mesmer Skin is added to base damage of the ability. 

3.2 Gameplay Tips

• Rolling Guard gives you plenty of time to recast Mesmer Skin without any speed casting mods and allows you to roll into Nullifier bubbles, kill them then recast.
  •  Sprint before casting 4. You move much faster while spinning.
  • Reave is instant cast during Danse Macabre. You can buffer canceling Danse Macabre while in Reave. Such that when Reave ends it will immediately do Danse Macabre's ending animations.
  • To move the fastest on Revenant: Sprint before casting Danse Macabre then repeatedly use Reave (takes some time to learn how to control it)
  • Enthrall can be used in spy missions to control the guards without alerting them. This is also true for Rescue missions.
  • With 250% Power strength Enthralled victims hit by Reave take 100% hp dmg. This does not work against Nox due to weird hit boxes.
  • Do not enthrall Nullifiers, they will cleanse themselves.
  • Many bosses can be enthralled at reduced duration and they just stand there doing nothing. (i.e. stalker, juggernaut) 
  • Mesmer skin will lengthen the fight against Lt. Lech Kril by prolonging how long he is invincible
  • Pyrana Primes Phantom gun looks really cool on Revenant (pro fashion frame tip)
  • Bombards hitting you with the rocket take 2 stacks of Mesmer Skin, 1 for rocket hit, 1 for explosion.
  • Some bosses ignore Mesmer Stacks completely (Profit-Taker Orb)
  • Nidus is your best friend a linked Nidus can generate 40+ stacks of Mesmer Skin
  • Switch to Operator form when you are about to run out of stacks to dash to a safe spot then recast Mesmer Skin.
  • You can use operator mode's stealth till rolling guard is off cooldown then swap back to roll and recast.
  • Reave turns faster to one side than the other depending on what shoulder you are looking over (testing a bit more still)
  • You can use Reave to kill Kuva Lich's Instead of dying to them in missions. (this just gets them out of that mission, but doesn't kill them overall) 

4.0 Bugs/Glitches

The biggest bug (the only really bug) on Revenant is when using his 4th ability Danse Macabre if you go off a ledge where the game thinks you should grab on and climb back up it will lock you out of using all abilities and you will be stuck in Danse Macabre until you run out of energy. On top of that you will be transported back to where the game considered you climbing up. Leaving you in a helpless state with 0 energy and at higher levels possibly 0 stacks of Mesmer Skin. 

At high level missions there is a chance that damage is so high that all of your stacks of Mesmer Shield are ignored and you just die. It's very rare but it's more common when enemies are around 200+. Its just weird and I'm not sure why this happens.

Reave %hp Damage can kill the Kuva Lich.

5.0 Hopes

5.1 General Hopes

A deluxe Ghost Fire skin for Revenant without matted armor colors.

Armor colors on Revenant look much darker than the pallets colors. This is due to the matted armor.

Fix the Danse Macabre Climb bug.

Give Reave vertical movement

5.2 Augment Ideas

A lot of my ideas 

1 Enthrall Augment Idea

Critical Thinking: Scalling Crit Chance or Crit Damage based on the number of enemies enthralled. Something like 10% per enthralled enemy. 

The Idea is to make managing thralls a bit more important by gaining some sort of damage buff from them. Crit chance and Damage just seemed like a fun idea with the name. Originally I was thinking of calling it Hive Mind.

Damage Immune: Thralls become immune to damage for a short while after being enthralled (12 secs (minimum duration that thrall can possibly be)) 

Suggested by DrivaMain. The idea here is to prevent your team from mindlessly killing your thralls and you wasting energy on them. Giving them temporary invulnerability allows you grow and somewhat maintain your thrall squadron. 

2 Mesmer Skin

Explosive Armor: Recasting Mesmer Skin now consumes all stacks of Mesmer Skin, gets a cooldown before recast (maybe 6~9 secs) and in return buffs your teammates within a certain range with either a damage buff lasting maybe 20 or so secs with 10% per stack (since max power strength is ~22 stacks this makes it similar to rhino's roar) or their own stacks of Mesmer Skin (3 stacks = 1 on team?) 

This is focused on bringing more of a team player aspect to Revenant which is something that he lacks. 

3 Reave

Blinding Reave: The current augment is fine. Maybe make this so Reave can move vertically as well?

4 Danse Macabre

Danse Party: Teammates struck by Danse Macabre gain adaptive damage for 3 secs: Corrosive against armored enemies, Magnetic against Shielded enemies and Gas against infested flesh. 

Honestly the hardest one to think of a good augment for. Again I wanted more of a team synergy augment out of this. This just shares the adaptive damage trait to his team while they are within the ability.

Empower Pillars: Instead of exploding pillars, Danse Macabre empowers them increasing their range, damage and frequency of emitting projectiles. All when empowered Pillars explode (at 10 sec mark) that damage is also added to Danse Macabre. Possibly drop more overshield as a team support ability.

Suggested by DrivaMain, in order to play around the interaction between thralls, pillars and Danse Macabre more, while still providing team support.

6.0 Closing Statement:

I hope you enjoyed this guide. I spent a while working on it and have put a this past years worth of experience into this guide. I am absolutely convinced these are the best Revenant setups at this point in the game. This may change based on Augments being released in the future, but these will always remain a solid set up. If you have any suggestions or comments or spot anything I missed please let me know. Also comment with any questions you have. I look forward to seeing more Revenants in the game and I hope this guide helps you realize how good Revenant is.

7.0 List of Changes (Edits)

• 11/10/19 Fixed some spelling mistakes. Removed extra spaces and fixed alignment issues.

• 11/11/19 updated tips/tricks and bugs added in couple more augment ideas.

Edited by Twelvetables
updating bugs, tips/tricks
  • Like 3

It’s a good guide but I never use rolling because you can just easily go in the operator mode if you run out of the stacks. Also there are more bugs with him 😀. Like killing the Kuva Lich with reave or that rage and hunter adrenaline works with active Mesmer skin( when the damage of one shot is higher than the shields of rev). 

55 minutes ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

It’s a good guide but I never use rolling because you can just easily go in the operator mode if you run out of the stacks. Also there are more bugs with him 😀. Like killing the Kuva Lich with reave or that rage and hunter adrenaline works with active Mesmer skin( when the damage of one shot is higher than the shields of rev). 

For the operator mode. you still need to cast the ability once you get back to the frame and its very easy to die with out Mesmer skin and the builds I mentioned. Usually I just use operator form as a last resort when rolling guard is on cooldown. I'll update with tips with that operator form shenanigans.

What's the bug with the Kuva Lich exactly? I haven't seen that one. I do know about the rage/hunter adrenaline but that's more of an extension of the one shot bug, therefore I didn't include it. I'll mention it in an update.

34 minutes ago, Midas said:

You should let your players know counter clockwise rotations with reave does more rotations and more total health drain 🙂

Will do. I think this is based on whatever side of the screen your warframe is on. If you are on the default view its counter clockwise, but if you swap shoulders its clockwise. I'll be sure to test this tomorrow and then post all the updates.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Twelvetables:

For the operator mode. you still need to cast the ability once you get back to the frame and its very easy to die with out Mesmer skin and the builds I mentioned. Usually I just use operator form as a last resort when rolling guard is on cooldown. I'll update with tips with that operator form shenanigans.

What's the bug with the Kuva Lich exactly? I haven't seen that one. I do know about the rage/hunter adrenaline but that's more of an extension of the one shot bug, therefore I didn't include it. I'll mention it in an update.

Will do. I think this is based on whatever side of the screen your warframe is on. If you are on the default view its counter clockwise, but if you swap shoulders its clockwise. I'll be sure to test this tomorrow and then post all the updates.

If you reave a lich then he “ dies” and retreats and you don’t need to give a life to get rid of him in a mission. But I didn’t test it if they fixed it with the last hotfix

As a fellow Vampi... I mean Eidolon frame user myself, I find his kit synergy to be pretty good and deadly. Thrall + Reave combo is one of the best scaling abilities in the game.

But, that doesn’t mean he has problems. One of things I hate about revenant is the anti synergy between thrall pillars and danse macabre, if I want to make “dead zone” with the pillars I will have to not use danse macabre because the lasers will make it explode. I would rather the lasers “intensify” the pillars to make them deal more damage and send out a very damaging shockwaves every time they got touched by the lasers. The new pillars will spew out overshield pickups every time they got touched by danse macabre’s lasers.

The second thing I don’t like about is that why let teammates kill thralls? I waste energy on thralls just to see they instantly die by a mindless saryn moments after I enthrall them. Forcing to go solo to fully utilize a frame is NOT a good frame desing.

Edited by DrivaMain

21 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

As a fellow Vampi... I mean Eidolon frame user myself, I find his kit synergy to be pretty good and deadly. Thrall + Reave combo is one of the best scaling abilities in the game.

But, that doesn’t mean he has problems. One of things I hate about revenant is the anti synergy between thrall pillars and danse macabre, if I want to make “dead zone” with the pillars I will have to not use danse macabre because the lasers will make it explode. I would rather the lasers “intensify” the pillars to make them deal more damage and send out a very damaging shockwaves every time they got touched by the lasers. The new pillars will spew out overshield pickups every time they got touched by danse macabre’s lasers.

The second thing I don’t like about is that why let teammates kill thralls? I waste energy on thralls just to see they instantly die by a mindless saryn moments after I enthrall them. Forcing to go solo to fully utilize a frame is NOT a good frame desing.

Noted. I made some new augment suggestions based off your ideas. 

6 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

You know it's gonna be long when they include an index in their post.

Is that an Index pun?

**EDIT** I'll probably compile a huge list of bugs for Revenant and post them over the week.

Edited by Twelvetables
update schedule

Interesting stuff. I myself do not enjoy Revenant very much because, as you pointed out too, his mesmer skin can prove unreliable against certain enemies. He could use some more refinement by the devs (some small tweaks, really), but otherwise seems to be a frame one can love. Really intrigued by the way you used rolling guard, seems like a very good combo.

Interested in some more augment ideas?

1. Enthrall: Mass Enthrall: Simply gives enthrall the ability to be freely cast on the ground when held, enthralling all enemies up to the max number for 60% of the duration in a 5m radius. I think one of the more awkward things about revvie is how long it takes to enthrall many enemies, when I put my forma into him my team had mostly cleared a room faster than I was able to enthrall, so I skipped this ability completely.

2. Mesmer skin: Adaptive Skin: For every two enemies that are killed while they are affected by mesmer skin or enthrall, regain one charge of mesmer skin, up to your maximum. This would allow one to circumvent the frequent recasting.

3. Deathfog: Holding reave will launch a mist wall forward that inherits Reaves stats without displacing Revenant. This way you could hit airborne targets better and not be forced to switch position. Not usable in danse macabre ofc.

4. Last Dance. For every 2% of his max energy spent while dancing, revenant bestows himself and nearby allies with a 5% damage and defense buff. Up to 50% DR (alternatively make it an armor value) and extra damage. Yeah, some teamplay viability would be great.

Sacrificial Thrall: If a player kills a Thrall with a weapon, they and those in a 10m radius of them gain +12.5% additional multiplicative damage on weapons, 1.25% max HP regeneration per second, and +8% movement speed, stackable up to 4 times. The buff decays one stack at a time every 5 seconds if not refreshed.

Radiant Mesmer: Replaces Mesmer Skin's stun on reflection with an 8m radial burst centered on the afflicted enemy that deals 200 + 20% of their max HP in True damage to all enemies in its radius and briefly staggers them. Removes the free cast of Enthrall on affected enemies.

Alluring Danse: Danse Macabre dazes affected enemies similarly to Mesmer Skin. Enemies within 40m (LoS required) are pulled towards Revenant (similar to Magnetise) while the move is active.

7 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

Interesting stuff. I myself do not enjoy Revenant very much because, as you pointed out too, his mesmer skin can prove unreliable against certain enemies. He could use some more refinement by the devs (some small tweaks, really), but otherwise seems to be a frame one can love. Really intrigued by the way you used rolling guard, seems like a very good combo.

Interested in some more augment ideas?

1. Enthrall: Mass Enthrall: Simply gives enthrall the ability to be freely cast on the ground when held, enthralling all enemies up to the max number for 60% of the duration in a 5m radius. I think one of the more awkward things about revvie is how long it takes to enthrall many enemies, when I put my forma into him my team had mostly cleared a room faster than I was able to enthrall, so I skipped this ability completely.

2. Mesmer skin: Adaptive Skin: For every two enemies that are killed while they are affected by mesmer skin or enthrall, regain one charge of mesmer skin, up to your maximum. This would allow one to circumvent the frequent recasting.

3. Deathfog: Holding reave will launch a mist wall forward that inherits Reaves stats without displacing Revenant. This way you could hit airborne targets better and not be forced to switch position. Not usable in danse macabre ofc.

4. Last Dance. For every 2% of his max energy spent while dancing, revenant bestows himself and nearby allies with a 5% damage and defense buff. Up to 50% DR (alternatively make it an armor value) and extra damage. Yeah, some teamplay viability would be great.

I feel like the ability to Mass Entrall would be to strong. Placing this in a populated doorway and then Reaving through them would be to strong in my opinion.

As much as I would love this on Revenant, we already have this in Reave and gaining a second source of 

Deathfog this is a great ability mod. Absolutely perfect (as long as 2 handed casting) . This is great utility, with proper drawbacks, and a lot of incentive for equipping this mod. 

Last Danse is also great. I'm not sure if having both is too strong but having one or the other would definitely be great.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Recommendation: trash him and play literally any other frame.

Thank you for the lovely recommendation. I appreciate your signal boost on the topic and I am sorry that you do not enjoy Revenant as much as I do. Likewise, I appreciate that you play on Xbox and I will never have to play with you in game.

It's been quite a while since I used Revenant. I liked the synergy, but I never really delved into how deeply it went, because almost everyone was in the "just use 4" mentality at that point. That said, thankyou for an actual in-depth breakdown, and I'm actual interesting in trying him out again. Does he have any good weapon synergies that you would recommend?

1 hour ago, (XB1)MarakViriPlays said:

It's been quite a while since I used Revenant. I liked the synergy, but I never really delved into how deeply it went, because almost everyone was in the "just use 4" mentality at that point. That said, thankyou for an actual in-depth breakdown, and I'm actual interesting in trying him out again. Does he have any good weapon synergies that you would recommend?

I don't think there really is any insanely good synergies for Revenant with weapons.  Phantasma and Tatsu are fun but the signature weapon buffs don't do much. I suggest just playing weapons you find fun. 

I enjoy using Pyrana Prime with the new Arcane Pistoleer.  When Pyrana Prime kills three enemies it summons an ethereal copy to your hand. For Revenant, it looks like this is spawned from his ethereal arm. Arcane Pistoleer gives you a 30% chance to not consume ammo for 4 secs. Which basically gives the Pyranna Prime unlimited ammo (summoning the copy gives you 12 rounds of free ammo). Also, during those 4 secs you can swap to your primary and it won't consume ammo for the duration as well.  

Explosive weapons like the Lenz and Secura Penta which usually kills whoever uses it, cannot kill Revenant. So you can shoot them without worrying and as long as you have 1 Mesmer Skin you cannot fall below 2 health. (which is funny to see/do) 

Edited by Twelvetables
Spelling mistakes

Nice guide. Didnt know he could delete a lich (expect this to be patched now that its known).  I still wouldn't play him without Talent and BR puts prohibitive cost on his ult but having more skin charges is great of course. Also he doesn't cut it for Disruptions. And enemies under arby drones will shred your skin without getting stunned so really he's not that amazing for the relevant high-level stuff.

And please ignore the stupid troll.

On 2019-11-11 at 7:28 PM, MrFrog9 said:

Sacrificial Thrall: If a player kills a Thrall with a weapon, they and those in a 10m radius of them gain +12.5% additional multiplicative damage on weapons, 1.25% max HP regeneration per second, and +8% movement speed, stackable up to 4 times. The buff decays one stack at a time every 5 seconds if not refreshed.

Radiant Mesmer: Replaces Mesmer Skin's stun on reflection with an 8m radial burst centered on the afflicted enemy that deals 200 + 20% of their max HP in True damage to all enemies in its radius and briefly staggers them. Removes the free cast of Enthrall on affected enemies.

Alluring Danse: Danse Macabre dazes affected enemies similarly to Mesmer Skin. Enemies within 40m (LoS required) are pulled towards Revenant (similar to Magnetise) while the move is active.

Sorry about overlooking your post.

Personally I think Sacrificial Thrall is way to strong cause well numbers. Its a 60x dmg multiplier for 5 secs. That's more than enough to delete anything in the game. Radiant Mesmer is a bit more balanced but %max HP damage on a move that makes you invincible is insane. Roll > Recast shield > get shot > repeat. Alluring Danse would be interesting. I think turning Danse Macabre into a crowd control move might be a little much mainly cause of the damage at low levels would make it irrelevant to have that affect while at higher levels thrall control is all the crowd control you need really need. Still I think this idea does have potential.

2 hours ago, Monolake said:

Nice guide. Didnt know he could delete a lich (expect this to be patched now that its known).  I still wouldn't play him without Talent and BR puts prohibitive cost on his ult but having more skin charges is great of course. Also he doesn't cut it for Disruptions. And enemies under arby drones will shred your skin without getting stunned so really he's not that amazing for the relevant high-level stuff.

And please ignore the stupid troll.

Thank you and I will. 

I don't understand why people love talent so much on him. His casting speed isn't bad, just roll get invincibility and cast what you need. Removing BR means you lose the 250% power strength that gives him the 100% HP damage. As for his ult at full energy it still lasts about 90 secs. But seriously Danse Macabre is his worst ability at high levels and his best at low level content. Once you hit level 90+ Danse Macabre falls off hard. 

My strategy for Disruption missions. I use Opticor Vandal (riven that gives it 100% crit)  I shoot it a couple of times. At low levels this kills them in one round. if they are still alive I swap to Pox and lay down a few pods before rolling in for 3 secs of invincibility , and using my CO Kuva Shildeg (rad variant) to melee them to death (used to be Redeemer Prime). If that doesn't kill them i reload and swap back to Opticor Vandal and repeat. I've never had an issue in these missions even going an hour. Revenant doesn't have any weapon buffs so you just need to play smart. Anyone with a good setup can do these mission. He may not be optimal but he's fun.

In arbi's I simply shoot the drones first. If I drop below 5 stacks of Mesmer Skin, I roll laughing with 3 secs of invincibility and recast Mesmer Skin. Or sometimes I just Roll for invincibility in order to soak damage and conserve Mesmer stacks.Then there is always operator form as a last result. Swap go invisible wait till Rolling Guard is off cooldown swap back to frame and roll then cast Mesmer Skin. With Rolling Guard, Revenant is the tankiest frame in the game. I think my longest arbi was 3 hours of interception. Nidus +300% buff (linked to me at the start, I casted Mesmer skin and had like 60 stacks. It was awesome.)

30 minutes ago, Twelvetables said:

Personally I think Sacrificial Thrall is way to strong cause well numbers. Its a 60x dmg multiplier for 5 secs. That's more than enough to delete anything in the game.

Eh? I think you might have misunderstood my description quite a bit. To clarify: +12.5% multiplicative damage boost, stackable 4 times. At maximum it provides a +50% damage boost or in other words multiplies damage by 1.5 (exactly like Roar).

32 minutes ago, Twelvetables said:

Alluring Danse would be interesting. I think turning Danse Macabre into a crowd control move might be a little much mainly cause of the damage at low levels would make it irrelevant to have that affect while at higher levels thrall control is all the crowd control you need really need. Still I think this idea does have potential.

Funny, I thought that was easily the worst idea of the three lol. The point of it isn't so much to crowd control; it's that it would gather enemies around Revenant, close to the epicenter of Danse. I'm not 100% up on how Danse works but I think this would cause the enemies to take more damage because the lasers would be denser towards the center? Additionally pulling the enemies closer together would make it easier for allies to finish them off and could potentially speed up certain missions by getting enemies in killing range faster. The stun is more there to prevent the ability backfiring by allowing the gathered enemies to shoot at you and waste all of your Mesmer charges. I shouldn't have mentioned the stun first lol, it made it seem like the focus of the ability.

As soon as i saw this post i had to say something. (Also i main Torid for no reason, i don't recommend)

First of all, i don't know if this is console specific but how come my boy Revenant hasn't gotten a skin yet? Even Baruuk has a skin now.

There are some specific things that have been missed with Revenant/Vlad

1. The first of these would be aim gliding with Mesmer Skin and Reave, i know these aren't very useful things to know but you can aim glide cast Mesmer skin while in the air to make it harder for enemies to hit you in general.

2. There was a old bug where you could cast reave and cancel it in Danse Macabre and you could actually use Danse Macabre backwards, as in counter clockwise, this bug has been fixed as far as i know on console but i'm not sure if it works on PC still.

3. Revenant can't kill himself/be killed by damage that goes through Mesmer skin (Aside toxin i think?) with Mesmer skin activated (He goes to 2hp but doesn't die), this can be especially useful if you use are of effect weapons like the Acceltra, Akarius, Zarr, Tonkor etc. I know some of these weapons are supposed to not give damage to yourself but if you aimglide and shoot them you can occasionally kill yourself which isn't fun. This can be effective with using weapons that can self damage that have a large area, as of the fact you don't die and you deal a lot of damage to multiple enemies at once.

(I Realise this was already mentioned but just in case)

4. If you thrall certain enemies that spawn something, E.G. Boilers the enemies that would spawn from them actually become Allies, these allies AREN'T kill-able by your team and DON'T count towards the thrall cap, this can be extremely useful in Arbitrations as of the fact that the allies stay there till killed by enemies and that you can have infinite of them, (as far as i know, i had about 40 chargers in a Arby Def)

As we are all having our own spin on ideas for Revenant/Vlad here are mine

1. Have Passive, Mesmer skin and Reave Auto thrall enemies, i know this sounds a bit overkill for thralls but it depends on the situation, the problem with thralls is that you're supposed to kill them and that they help in some way, but in reality all they really do is become a meat shield for defence targets and @#&$ block enemies.

1.5. Have Reave Give over shields.

2. Have One of Revenants abilities E.G. Thrall cast-able on allies to give them your mesmer skin charges. I know that sounds overpowered to give your allies Mesmer Skin charges but it would be useful to be able to literally give your charges of mesmer skin to allies, maybe not the full amount, maybe half, OR you literally share your charges with your ally as in you have 8 and they have 8, and whenever you get hit, they loose 1 as well as you.

3. Auto firing thralls/Suicide thralls. Thralls need to be reworked pretty much in general as the way they work isn't really effective, the way thralls should work in my opinion is that the ability to thrall enemies should be similar to how Vomvalyst's go towards a Eidolon, some sort of lock-on homing shots that aim themselves towards enemies and auto thrall them, and whenever the thrall dies, they should just explode instead of summoning a pillar, or keep the pillar in but make sure that it can't be killed by Danse Macabre as it'd be more effective to gain over shield and place down pillars.

In conclusion i feel as Revenant needs a skin first of all since even Baruuk has a skin before him now (on console anyways), and that His 1st Ability Thrall and 3rd Reave need to have more use than just "Reave enemy that's thralled to 1 shot" or "its more of a mobility move". Reave is ironically supposed to gain health back from your thralls and make use of them so that they can aid you. But in reality it doesn't do anything really, i do enjoy the idea of Thrall reave combo but it cost's either a extreme amount of energy to use or takes too long to do in general compared to just shooting them. As well as that the damage depends on the enemy too, i know at level 160 With 250% strength it can 1/2 shot heavy gunners, but it doesn't do much at all to Battalysts or most sentient enemies (Ironically). 

Revenant can be an extremely good frame for solo players or people that can use him in the mechanical way he is supposed to be used in, i wouldn't call Revenant good or bad in general, he can be used effectively and also he can be used ineffectively, his kit can tend to most play styles but needs some improvement, the augment he has at the moment is probably one of the worst I've seen as it's literally useless.

On 2019-11-14 at 6:44 AM, Sharkgoblin said:

Enthralled enemies should be unkillable by teammates

For the love of god, YES!!

There is always that Atterax guy spinning like a beyblade who keeps killing every trhall on his path. In high lvl defense the thralls help a lot on distracting the enemy fire, but Revenant can't use this because no thrall lives for more then 2 seconds before getting killed, leaving him with an useless ability and zero crowd control.

And I shouldn't have to explain in the squad chat that the trhalls are allies every f*cking time, neither should I HAVE to play solo to enjoy his abilities.

On 2019-11-14 at 3:44 AM, Sharkgoblin said:

Enthralled enemies should be unkillable by teammates there is no other solution

Its the only thing he really needs. 

I dont even bother casting enthrall anymore 

There’s other solutions.

They could replace it with ability that spawns vombulysts. That has a lot of potential.

Also Revenant needs far more than a change to his 1.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-17 at 5:08 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s other solutions.

They could replace it with ability that spawns vombulysts. That has a lot of potential.

Also Revenant needs far more than a change to his 1.

personally i would like the ability to remove the enthrall effect from enthralled enemies by keeping the first ability button pressed for a bit