Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ayatan Amber Star in Requiem Relics should really just be replaced with a Forma Blueprint.

Namah

Considering that nearly every other relic has Forma in it - No

Not everyone does Arbitrations, nor is blessed by the Ayatan gods with good chance of coming across Ambers.

If anything, I dare say the Kuva should be replaced with something else, you are already doing siphons to get the relics anyway.

Not Stars though, especially not with something far more common like Forma.

Excuse me if I misunderstand, but are people actually running Requiem relics for... Ayatan Stars?

For me I am actually looking for stuff that relates directly to the Lich hunting fiasco, especially since a system like this has caused me to blow through more Forma than I ever have. If I am looking to fill my sculptures, I'll just take a max range Limbo equipped with Master Thief to Jupiter or Eris.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

If anything, I dare say the Kuva should be replaced with something else, you are already doing siphons to get the relics anyway.

I would strongly object to this.  Once you get into the Lich system, relics dropping from Thralls is more than enough so I don't run Siphons anymore.  Kuva is a nice 'bad luck bud' reward when you don't get a mod or even a Riven Sliver.

I'm also sitting here with nearly 200 Amber Ayatan in my inventory and around the same number of loaded up Sculptures in the back of my ship, so my experience prob isn't the normal.

38 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

People have been asking for a reliable way to get amber stars for ages, and this works. It's a little out of place, but it does work.

There's always been a reliable way to get Amber Stars since they were added, you just need to play the game past ESO/Hydron. Breaking containers throughout Fissures, Sorties, Adaro, etc will get you plenty of Amber Stars.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Not everyone does Arbitrations, nor is blessed by the Ayatan gods with good chance of coming across Ambers.

A single Ayatan Star does not make up for skipping Arbitrations. In fact, it's tens of thousands of less Endo.

Every Requiem Relic reward should relate to the mode you are engaging in. You need 65 Forma for the Mastery, so I believe it's better to put Forma there. Also, with the way Relics work, you can just not choose the Forma blueprint when it shows up. You could say "just don't take the Ayatan Amber Star", but the fact of the matter is that Forma is a necessary consumable you will need until the end of time. You can easily have too many Amber Stars from just playing the game.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

I am thinking maybe yes, Forma and Forma blueprint cannot trade. Ayatan Amber star allow trades with another player.

I have 60 Forma blueprints and 203 Forma at the time of this reply. Most of my Forma (not blueprint) comes from Plague Star event.

6 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Not Stars though, especially not with something far more common like Forma.

Kuva works, though honestly i wish weapon exilus bps were also remove on that same note. Both items have zero involvement in the kuva lich system or even riven mods in general. At the very least, it would be rather neat if one of the common drops would give a `requiem relic pack (aka single requiem relic when `opened`)` as a `try again` bonus for people to make use, which could indirectly reduce the grind a great deal would be nice. But i do not think d.e. will allow a `try again` system, despite i am sure plenty of people will welcome if we got such a thing for a already, extremely, frustrating, system.

Edited by Avienas

I like the idea but I would say leave the Amber star on I and II relics but add forma on III and IV.

IV are common enough, the dang III relics are super rare and need a boost to drop rate.  

Weapon exilius bp needs to go as well.  It has nothing to do with system.  This rare reward should drop a mod + one of lesser rewards randomly (sliver, star, kuva, or even second consumable mod).  

I get more than enough weapon exilus BP from synidicates.  The mod selection for this is so limited it is not worth the 7-10 forma per weapon to use.  That's another subject but they do need to expand available mods here.  

Edited by Educated_Beast
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Namah said:

Excuse me if I misunderstand, but are people actually running Requiem relics for... Ayatan Stars?

No, but I rather have that when the other unveiled options are not a requim mod.

10 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I would strongly object to this.  Once you get into the Lich system, relics dropping from Thralls is more than enough so I don't run Siphons anymore.  Kuva is a nice 'bad luck bud' reward when you don't get a mod or even a Riven Sliver.

And I wasn't being entirely serious, sorry for not displaying it better.
Honestly I am just fine with the requiem relic rewards as they are now, said the kuva part for the sake of saying it.

10 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I'm also sitting here with nearly 200 Amber Ayatan in my inventory and around the same number of loaded up Sculptures in the back of my ship, so my experience prob isn't the normal.

I have 200+, just thinking of the people who don't.

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

A single Ayatan Star does not make up for skipping Arbitrations.

I am gonna have to stop you right there. This is a question not of M.E.T.A. but wether a player wants to do Arbitrations, and some simply don't.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I am gonna have to stop you right there. This is a question not of M.E.T.A. but wether a player wants to do Arbitrations, and some simply don't.

Then don't. You can do Hieracon, Rathuum, or something else and get more endo than an Amber Star. Amber Stars in Relics are as unrewarding as Orokin Cells were in Tower Void rotations. There's a reason people freaked out when DE almost added a bundle of Cyan Stars to Arbitrations.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Namah said:

For me I am actually looking for stuff that relates directly to the Lich hunting fiasco, especially since a system like this has caused me to blow through more Forma than I ever have. If I am looking to fill my sculptures, I'll just take a max range Limbo equipped with Master Thief to Jupiter or Eris.

Most people aren't running them for those stars right now...but as the lich system wears down, people might actually be doing those for Riven shards and stars. I've ran them for kuva before.

Aside from that...

• I've noticed that Rivens haven't been dropping in Sorties as much as usual, for me, after this update...
  • I've also noticed that Amber Stars don't show quite as often, for me, after this update...

I hope this is just my mind playing tricks on me.

17 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Most people aren't running them for those stars right now...but as the lich system wears down, people might actually be doing those for Riven shards and stars. I've ran them for kuva before.

Aside from that...

• I've noticed that Rivens haven't been dropping in Sorties as much as usual, for me, after this update...
  • I've also noticed that Amber Stars don't show quite as often, for me, after this update...

I hope this is just my mind playing tricks on me.

Yeah I can understand that, but to be fair I really feel like amber stars should be far more accessible outside of Requiem relics instead of just being slapped in there in some attempt to make an inconsequential reward. It sucks and it doesn't belong, and I feel like it only serves a purpose to soften the blow on how disproportionate Cyans are to Ambers. I don't want this to be the go to method to getting Amber stars. Like I said, it doesn't belong in this system.

We really should have just been able to buy built Amber stars from the Arbiters for Vitus, instead of a blueprint. Or perhaps we could build say 5(more or less) Ambers with the blueprint, which would be far more reasonable and worth the 1 hour wait timer.

For those talking about having hundred of amber, and probable more than 20 formas schem.

Thank to understand that some people like me have only 30 amber and 2 formas schem. After few arbitration Amber can drop dramaticaly.

And I assume those people with hundred of stuff, also have hundred of relics to farm formas schem.

But farming all those useless relics for forma can help to get void traces also.

So I understand people who have Hundred of amber and full ayatan.
Me, even at MR 27 I still have only few ayatan, arround 15 primed mod to rank up.

So If I want forma, I know that I can use 4 kind of relics to get them. That the 5th can help me to get something different: i'm happy about that.

All big farmer have relics by hundred. You can farm at same times, void traces, ducats and formas schem. But it's not enough?

I just dont understand.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-12 at 10:24 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Aren't ember stars stupidly rare tho?, like the RNG is just laughable , Maybe making Stars drop 100% at the same time, will be a more welcome change, before we put Froma in yet another relic that is only used once

No, I have around 200 of them. Do syndicate missions, smash crates. It's a rare mission I don't find at least one.

10 hours ago, AnuKaneDai said:

For those talking about having hundred of amber, and probable more than 20 formas schem.

I have a few hundred amber stars from passive collection, but I'm out of forma BPs even though I've actively farmed those. Building amber stars is far more reliable than T5 relics.

16 hours ago, AnuKaneDai said:

Thank to understand that some people like me have only 30 amber and 2 formas schem. After few arbitration Amber can drop dramaticaly.

And I assume those people with hundred of stuff, also have hundred of relics to farm formas schem.

But farming all those useless relics for forma can help to get void traces also.

So I understand people who have Hundred of amber and full ayatan.
Me, even at MR 27 I still have only few ayatan, arround 15 primed mod to rank up.

So If I want forma, I know that I can use 4 kind of relics to get them. That the 5th can help me to get something different: i'm happy about that.

All big farmer have relics by hundred. You can farm at same times, void traces, ducats and formas schem. But it's not enough?

I just dont understand.

Are you farming Requiem Relics for Amber Stars? Not me, not anyone I know, and certainly not any of the pubs I have played with on the many Requiem Fissure missions I've been in.

They really just don't fit there as a reward, especially to be one of the inconsequential rewards. Sorry to be harsh but it just looks stupid. I absolutely DO NOT want the answer to not having Amber Stars to be "Just go run Requiem Relics lmao" JUST because they are a common reward in them. What I am saying is DE should find a solution to Amber Stars outside of Requiem Relics, not just slap them in there like they had no idea what to put.

Edited by Namah
  • Like 1