Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic lich hunter bullies are spreading "badwill", ban them.

Graavarg

9 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Please, you write as if you literally haven't played Warframe in last 2 years or you're deliberately being obtuse. I don't even know how to explain it. Why do you want affinity? Okay... Tiny number of players own Saryn? Huh. Oh yeah, snide remark at the end as well. Perfect. Good talk buddy.

So what you're saying is you've run out of arguments? Becuase I don't see a single one in that. And yeah, why do you want affinity? Becuase it does literally nothing for me. All my builds are maxed out, I have millions of surplus points in all my focus schools, and enough plat that I don't really care about farming out syndicate items to trade to other players anymore. If you care about affinity, you're not at endgame yet, buddy,

Edited by SordidDreams

1 hour ago, CodeUltimate said:

I think the toxic person might be you op. You are basically griefing the mission by not killing your lich.

I think this pretty much hits the spot. Deliberately blocking mission progress for everyone in your squad by refusing to kill your lich makes you a griefer in my book; and that's the kind of thing that easily gets you sanctioned or banned in several other games. If you really dont want to kill you lich, whatever the reason, then play solo, in premade squads, or at least state your intentions clearly to the rest of the squad as soon as the mission starts, until you are actually willing to kill it. Trying to force your play style to people you don't know is not a good idea.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

then dont run public matches just because you personally are ready for it or dont care that it will get stronger if not doesnt mean everyone will be

but the people refusing to attack their lich also could stop running public matches

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

I think this pretty much hits the spot. Deliberately blocking mission progress for everyone in your squad by refusing to kill your lich makes you a griefer in my book; and that's the kind of thing that easily gets you sanctioned or banned in several other games. If you really dont want to kill you lich, whatever the reason, then play solo, in premade squads, or at least state your intentions clearly to the rest of the squad as soon as the mission starts, until you are actually willing to kill it. Trying to force your play style to people you don't know is not a good idea.

As if not killing lich causes actual problem for the real objective... or simply "mission itself".

4 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

but the people refusing to attack their lich also could stop running public matches

And you still met them, even if one person decide to go solo there is always another.

Edited by Test-995

3 hours ago, Jutzo said:

Sorry, did I miss something in the text?

What do you mean by bullying you?

I'm MR27 and don't give a flying f*** what these assh***s write about me in the chat, but it irritates me when high-MR players is bullying less experienced players to kill their liches, just get a few murmurs. Seen all kinds of verbal abuse and threats, including one threating "to report a player" to DE unless he/she attacked the lich. This kind of behaviour just has to be stopped.

While high-MR players have little problems with anything related to lich-hunting, a level 5 lich presents quite a formidable enemy to low-MR players. Especially if it hangs around a higher level planet as well.

As I said, I really, truly hate selfish bullies, so when one or two MR20+ starts carping on a MR10- in order to get a few more murmurs without giving a damn about how this affects the less experienced player's game and enjoyment, I see red.

The default can only be that everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions, without other players bullying, abusing or threatening them. No-one would accept a player threathening and abusing other players if they don't put in a specific relic in PUG void fissure mission, so how could the same behaviour be ok in a lich context?

3 hours ago, Jutzo said:

Multiple liches can spawn. I read some posts about it and it happened to me ingame

Yep, it is not even uncommon. Have had three going several times, maybe even four once (though I don't remember if it was simultaneously).

Anyone having done multiple lichs should know this, so I think it is just something they write to guilt-trip another player to attack the lich.

Just now, Test-995 said:

As if not killing lich causes actual problem for the real objective... or simply "mission itself".

I also love how people bring up "courtesy" while apparently going for their Lich kill in a public mission of all places. Are they trying to get others to do their job for them or something? No, Lich is a personal target, and as such the real and true courtesy is to do your actual attempts either in Solo or maybe with a couple of friends if they don't mind helping out. Personally, if I see someone else's Lich spawn, I won't even fire at it. Not my fight after all. Might pick off a few easy thralls though.

Farming murmurs is faster in a group, of course, and pub missions are great for that purpose. No questions here. But it doesn't require actively engaging the Liches.

Don't understand the argument of killing your lich for murmur progress. 

Its LESS EFFICIENT to kill your lich for the 10 extra murmurs than it is to keep your lich alive and turn nearby enemies/ spawn into thralls, ESPECIALLY in public matches, since its very likely that teammates' liches won't spawn if they are not mad enough. There is a pretty long delay till the second lich to spawn too.

I've heard of multiple liches being able to spawn, but when that does not happen, its likely that yours won't spawn as well.

Just now, MPonder said:

Why people even do lich missions in pubs. I saw no difference in "murmurs", Three ou four "5 mins" survive missions = First murmur.

Well, to be fair, after some runs solo vs with 1-2 friends, I feel like murmurs appear more often with more people present. Esp. if you farm the thralls directly converted by the spawned Lich.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

no. if a person blocks other people from progressing for no reason whatsoever, they deserve being called out on their pointless selfishness. theres absolutely no good reason to not attack your lich.

First of all there hasn't even have to be a reason, as it is and should be the player's own choice. I hope that is self-evident to you?

As for selfishness, what do you call bullies carping on other players in order to get them to do something the bully wants but the player (obviously) would not like to do? 

And there actually are good reasons not to attack your lich (beyond the known requiems, forcing the kill or be killed). The most self-evident being that not killing/subduing it makes it one level higher, which can have quite an impact on lower MRs.

3 hours ago, Zekkii said:

What's the difference between not fighting a Lich and leeching?  Leeching doesn't prevent me from completing the mission myself.  Consider being courteous, you may be allowed to ignore your Lich, but you don't have the moral high ground on this one.

How nice of you to be such a friendly player that you allow other players to decide themselves if they want to kill their own lich. If they are courteous about it.

Truly magnanimous. You clearly have the high ground on this.

2 hours ago, zoffmode said:

If majority of a team wants to play a certain way but a single player is refusing to cooperate and also doesn't leave then by definition he's the one being selfish.

No. It's not a team, it's a random squad. What is selfish is trying to force other players to do what you want.

You can make your own team in team chat, and only chose players that agree to your rules. But trying to impose your own rules on other players in random missions is... well... toxic behaviour. According to me at least.

2 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

DE just needs to change the ignore list so you won’t group up in a pug with someone on the list.  Then you can slowly build up a list of idiots who don’t attack their lich for “reasons.”  

This would be a glorious improvement. We would start making a clan-based list of idiots immediately, so that everyone could avoid them. Of course, on our list would be the ones trying to force other players to do something they wouldn't like to do. Bullies and such. But the general idea of being able to not have anything to do with what you think are a-hole players is superb.

I often force a decision on the lich owner, so we can continue or stop and help.

Players that don't decide or take way to long to engage end up being dismissed, no need to insult or verbally attack the user, yes that player is doing things by starting from the roof, he doesn't want to engage the lich and is potentially trolling a run by blocking the spawn of other liches, that some players need to figure out the order or even get lucky with a kill, it's obvious players may get upset when a player essentially forces you to grind more missions.

Players who intentinally stall can be reported, this ain't stallng, but it does drag the mission into an extra mission, so instead of one, you might have to do 2 thanks to that player.

This doesn't sound much, but since the behavior is common, this adds up, it can turn into an extra 100 missions before you know it.

So yes OP, if are part of the group who likes to drag missions for everyone else, players won't take you lighly, why not do this with your clanmates? is there any particular reason why your own clan can't help you do the missions the way you want?

I simply ask players to decide, the only thing i hate is when they engage, stop engaging, ask for help when we reach extraction and then insult when we decide to extract instead.

Dunno, if you go pub, you do what is best for all members of the squad, if you want to play the way you want, there is this option to go solo/friends/inv only. Hence I usually play with friends. Also, killing the lich doesnt give murmurs to the squad, but it gives the liches of other players the opportunity to spawn as well. To summarize, just play with your friends, it is way more fun anyhow.