Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

On 2019-11-16 at 10:57 PM, Remedyheart said:

you can in fact target your intended weapons much easier.

Except you can't.
An 8.3% chance of getting a weapon you want (alternatively 0% if you're farming for a better damage bonus and got one with an equal or worse damage bonus the last time) is hardly being allowed to "target your intended weapons much easier"
Unless you mean by spending tons of plat to other players for even a low percentage roll on the weapon you want (seen some people toss around 800-1K plat for a 30% bonus weapon without ephemera).

So unless you have some magic way to actually target and get say a Kuva Brakk with a decent percent chance of it dropping (and 8.3% is far from decent) then no, you can't "tagret" specific weapons to grind for.

And that's one of the larger problems with this update.

On 2019-11-17 at 12:54 AM, Remedyheart said:

Miniscule. So...you're upset about a relic system duplicate and 13 paracesis weapons.

Except the paracesis had a bonus to leveling it up to 40: +60% damage against sentients.

What do the kuva weapons get to leveling to 40?  Oh right absolutely nothing.

Edited by Tsukinoki

This would be such an easy thing for DE to fix, one simple solution is make it so the third time the lich kneels for the mercy stroke and doesn't get it he/she/it leaves the mission.  It's a win/win. Lich gone so more can spawn, lazy player not killed.

I can think of 3 or 4 other solutions off the top of my head. C'mon DE, you're better than this!

I am amazed by the lack of tolerance displayed by the people posting in these threads. Sadly it mirrors the political climate that appears in the world today. You "do it my way" or you're doing it wrong. Let's "punish those people who won't do what I say they have to do". Listen to yourselves folks!

and @DE: Is this really the way you want your game to play out? Because if you don't do something to fix this a whole lot of us are going to be looking for other games to play. We have no need to see the ugly side of humanity in our entertainment. We get plenty enough of it in our daily lives.

9 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Except the paracesis had a bonus to leveling it up to 40: +60% damage against sentients.

What do the kuva weapons get to leveling to 40?  Oh right absolutely nothing.

The Paracesis is also a unique story-related weapon with its own quest and lore, the kuva weapons are mostly just a bunch of retextured random old grineer guns.

I will keep blaming and hating people as long as people keep intentionally wasting my time.
If I spend a day sabotaging/failing every other mission you do (adding anywhere between 20-60% of work) you will also hate me by the end of the day, so stop telling me what to think.

Edited by Jitsuryoku

Just now, SordidDreams said:

The Paracesis is also a unique story-related weapon with its own quest and lore, the kuva weapons are mostly just a bunch of retextured random old grineer guns.

Yep.
Random grineer guns that you can fit every mod for a build by forma 3 making the last 2 formas empty levels essentially that provide exactly zero benefit or bonus.

I mean the only weapon that I was excited to get out of the system was the Chakkhurr because its at least new and looks pretty good (and the reload animation is nice).  Everything else?  Just a retextured gun that is literally the same as the base variant with only a small damage increase.  The only one with a mechanical change is the kuva ogris, and even then its an ogris with massive self damage making it less than desirable to use.

If the guns had some story to them, some mechanical advantage to reaching level 40, and some flavor?  Maybe it would decent.  As it stands its pretty obvious that the level 40 cap was just put in to drain forma with no real reason to it.

• Like 1

People afraid to die is really sad i know there is alot of new players in here as a ps4 vet who has played since the beginning...

You have no idea how lucky we are now to have 6 revives per game with arcane's 

Because before arcane,'s were a thing you only had 4 daily revives per a warframe

Now dying sucked during those days because once you used your daily revives you had to wait until reset for the revives to reset this was when you had to do everything you could to not die..

Now people shouldn't take dying so seriously because the system is so much better then when i 1st started 

I'm excited for the update to come on ps4 i know one thing i will be trying to farm the mods & everything before tying to draw out my lich this way i don't impact others games...

Otherwise I'll do my best to stab it even if it kills me but i will not run from my lich & I'll eventually kill it! But rest assured nothing wrong with dying in warframe as you pretty much have unlimited revives!

On 2019-11-18 at 5:38 PM, Tsukinoki said:

the only weapon that I was excited to get out of the system was the Chakkhurr 

The Ayanga is cool too, a fully automatic grenade launcher that in practice turns out to basically be a big clumsy Acceltra. But why use it on foot when the Acceltra exists, and in Archwing it's significantly less useful due to its slow projectiles. I ended up with 28 spare capacity on that one after the forma process, by the way, because AW gun mods are generally very cheap. DE's not even trying to hide that they're deliberately wasting our time and resources.

On 2019-11-18 at 5:39 PM, AshArbiter said:

MR is useless after 16/17.

Not entirely, you get free capacity points on gear, so an MR27 player starts with 27 capacity on a rank 0 item (or 54 if they put in a potato). That makes ranking up new gear significantly less of a pain in the butt. Higher standing cap for syndicates is nice too, since you keep passively gaining standing no matter what you do, which you can then spend on stuff to trade to other players. Higher MR makes that trickle of free plat a bit faster. But yeah, 5 forma for 1k mastery is a bit much. Just a smidge.

Edited by SordidDreams

1 minute ago, cmacq said:

and the post that follows mine could not make my point any more clearly. The "individual" that made it even uses the word "hate" twice in his post. Nice job fella! So glad the ignore function works so well on these forums.

It also works if you don't post anything!

22 minutes ago, Jitsuryoku said:

I will keep blaming and hating people as long as people keep intentionally wasting my time.
If I spend a day sabotaging/failing every other mission you do (adding anywhere between 20-60% of work) you will also hate me by the end of the day, so stop telling me what to think.

I don't care, i'll do solo if something like that happened.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

If I see a rhino on a sortie spy I can leave the group, so no time wasted. Ive wasted my time if mr special pants went to a lich mission and doesnt want to stab his lich.

Can't you just leave the group. If they don't Stab the lich? At the same time most of us have been playing for years. you're not really losing anything if you do 

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Can't you just leave the group. If they don't Stab the lich? At the same time most of us have been playing for years. you're not really losing anything if you do 

Yeah, I can. If it happens early in the mission and I only waste like a minute by leaving, I always do.
What about those times where I'm already a few minutes in? Am I supposed to abort a mission I soloed  for 3 minutes because somebody who doesn't want to kill their lich just entered? Don't forget, it's not a 1-off thing. It happens all the time. I am 2/3 requiems on current lich and I already had 4 people like that mid-mission. If I count the ones that I left it'd be a total of 7.

2 hours ago, Avienas said:

A scammer could easily be one who is charging more plat then what the `normal price could be`, not just someone who tricks the player out of thar plat so they get no item. You have to recall there are atleast 5 or so rng-sus factors to chase after the item plus one you cannot control on what weapon the lich gives out and one on how high the % the weapon`s elemental bonus can have. Practically Riven mod pressure where you could have 5 people selling the exact same riven and that number could fluctuate between 100 to 2000 plat, depending on how informed the `seller` is and how `greedy` they can be for how much they want to get out of it.

Throw in the fact it can take several hours to prepare and what could be a hour or two to get thru a few liches after all that prep work, especially if you plan to chase murmurs first to figure the signs to save some guess-work trouble. Well, impatient ones are gonna clearly take the lazy option, if they keep ramming into weapons they do NOT want and cant get weapons they REALLY want. Maybe if more modifiers exist like having the lich at a higher level will give a higher % elemental value, then it might not be as much of an issue though.

The fact that disposition can easily change to ruin the values of those rivens to begin with. Which likely is going to be further ruin where D.E. now have riven dispositions split up on weapon variants. Hopefully they are keeping it to where you can use the same `named weapon` in the same family, just the disposition values would be different, But there is honestly very few weapons one would use the REGULAR VERSION, when compared to the variant version sadly and we all know you could have disposition 10 out of 5 and still people would likely not touch weapons like the Cronus that much with that much of a disp bonus, when compared to other weapons which are vastly more superior on thar base stats.

Never the less, one is not doing the content to get more rewarded, they are basically being forced to dice roll dozens of more times, even after they obtained all the weapons, because d.e. could not create a legitmate reason to chase the kuva liches, like them giving sheet tons of kuva, as a end-game like option for working on rivens and kuva stock. Because if what i heard from the achievement list on Steam for warframe, the number of people who are clearing kuva-lich achievements, is absurdly low in the % values. 

5 factors? There are 2. One is the weapon, the second is the damage roll % of the type you picked.

It doesnt take several hours at all. Chasing murmurs applies to the first 2 liches pretty much, since at that point in time you lack mods so gain no real progress killing yourself over getting extra thralls. After those two liches you should probably be swimming in mods, which means you can run liches back to back in very short sessions. There honestly isnt much prep work involved aside from looking at your Lich's info card and seeing his weakness, resistance and immunity. After that you pretty much just equip a weapon with damage matching weakness and go start wrecking him/her/it. I mean it is nowhere on the level of riven obtainment where you can get one guaranteed per week and have 7 chances at others. And that is to just obtain them, then the rerolling starts.

It would also not be a good solution to tie the % value to the level of a lich, because in certain cases you want a low roll simply to have the effect on the weapon for the status proc, but not at a value that would impact other statuses more than required. Heat for instance on weapons intended for corrosive+heat setup would do better with a minimum roll than a max one, since heat only needs to proc each 8 seconds, so a higher value would just interfear more with your corrosive stat.

And a load of kuva from liches would not be a solution. They are far too trivial to give such rewards really. They would completely render all other kuva content obsolete since they would be a far more effective approach to grinding it in addition to their other rewards. If they do turn them into engaging encounters then sure, but as they are now, in their glorified thrall state, not so much.

16 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Meanwhile, the silence from DE on this is deafening.

It' shows how they really don't know how  properly balance and implement things. My take is this.

They haven't actually been working on the lich system or "Nemesis system" fo two years

It's obvious as being COMPLETELY realistic there is no way they did and it came out this flawed without the trading system etc. They Brought it up and forgot about it. Fast forward to this year and last year more players are clamoring about endgame and challenge. Now they are working on it. If they'd been working on this for two years. Trading would've been out upon release. Alot of these main issues would've been sorted out etc. 

We have to stop allowing them to do this. We need to rally to get DE to take our game (ours and theirs) the thing we all enjoy Seriously! Instead of always praising them be harsh(but respectful) and let them know constantly EVERYWHERE what's wrong and needs to be fixed. Stop giving them as much room for error as we have in the past   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jitsuryoku said:

Yeah, I can. If it happens early in the mission and I only waste like a minute by leaving, I always do.
What about those times where I'm already a few minutes in? Am I supposed to abort a mission I soloed  for 3 minutes because somebody who doesn't want to kill their lich just entered? Don't forget, it's not a 1-off thing. It happens all the time. I am 2/3 requiems on current lich and I already had 4 people like that mid-mission. If I count the ones that I left it'd be a total of 7.

Which I do und but don't you think of your that close to minimize the spawns of others to run solo or actually form a group to help hunt ya lich. It really does go both ways and no player is truly wrong but you can't control the actions of a player in pubs

14 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Time. I hate people wasting any of my time because that's the most important resource in life. So some #*!%wit wasting it irritates me.

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It really does go both ways and no player is truly wrong but you can't control the actions of a player in pubs

I couldn't agree more. Of course you can't control others. They are free to play however they want, just as others are free to condemn players for actions they disagree with.
As you said: It goes both ways. We make each other miserable 🙂

Edited by Jitsuryoku