Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Your intentions are noble but we already have enough threads saying the same thing.

Sadly we have just as many threads saying the opposite.

If I had even a shread of charisma I'd attempt (and likely fail miserably) at uniting people for a good cause, but I have the charisma stat of a mud ball.

1 minute ago, iNemeq said:

You are if it affects other negatively and you know it does, in my opinion.

In reality it's public matchmaking you have no say of what the next player can or will do. It's the horrors and greatness of it. And while thays your op I don't agree personally. I don't care what someone else does if I'm running pubs because I can't tell them what to do

39 minutes ago, iNemeq said:

While I 100% agree that this needs to be changed, I also think that until that is done people that do not want to kill their liches should stick to solo so they don't block spawns from others who do want to stab theirs (and might be looking for help from a public group to do so). If you don't intend to fight your lich you do not need the extra help public provides.

That's kind of like saying "Do what I want or don't join my game".

Maybe if you want to tell people what they can and can't do in a game you should grab a lfg "lich-hunt" group.

• Like 2

i think DE need to Fix Lich system...

_ Lich only level up after 2 defeats instead of 1, so you got 1 free chance of guessing

_ or remove the stupid stabbing phase and allowed you to defeat Lich and scare him away so he can hunt you again (each time Lich defeated, you gain extra murmur 4 times for the player being hunted and 2x for those who helped the player)...but Lich will come back stronger with each 2 defeats. (not too strong to the point that he is invincible)

5 minutes ago, iNemeq said:

You are if it affects other negatively and you know it does, in my opinion.

Bringing a non stealth frame to a sortie spy could negatively effect a mission. But if I'm running pubs I have no say in that and I have to deal with it if the rhino decided to go to. A and try to Crack it.

Ash is still very problematic on rad sorties.(Ppl will quit if they see me playing ash) but during publics some people don't care because it's a random and risk comes with public match making.

6 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

That's kind of like saying "Do what I want or don't join my game".

Maybe if you want to tell people what they can and can't do in a game you should grab a lfg "lich-hunt" group.

If you join a Lich mission you're there to make progress on your lich, yes? Whether that is finally killing it or getting more murmurs makes no difference, everyone is there to work on their lich. You not stabbing your lich actively ruins progress for everyone else.

Edited by iNemeq
  • Like 1

I think ppl fail to see that: One, the lich encounter isn't final is just a palceholder for railjack and second, Liches aren't mandatory(at least after the update). I know the system is bad because individual responsibility in video games never worked. This just gives me flashbacks to the Baron Geddon boss from classic wow 

14 minutes ago, iNemeq said:

If you join a Lich mission you're there to make progress on your lich, yes? Whether that is finally killing it or getting more murmurs makes no difference, everyone is there to work on their lich. You not stabbing your lich actively ruins progress for everyone else. It is more like joining a bounty and going fishing instead.

Or farming murmurs.

Point is that if you're having an issue with people in a game not doing what you want then maybe you're the one with the issue.

All kinds of people do pubs. people do pubs for fissures, hunts, and sorties.

• Want everyone to do rads in a fissure? Do a radsharing lfg.
  • Want to do quick and efficient hunts to get the most you can at night? Do an eidolon hunt lfg.
  • Want to make an organized group that all has the same goal that doesn't necessarily work in pubs? Go to recruiting and do an lfg.

This is no different then you wanting people using specific frame setups or having others use their dedicated resources.

Want to do a lich hunt and you have issues with what people do in pubs? Do a lich-hunter lfg, DON'T tell people they can't play their game.

EDIT: In terms of people going fishing during a bounty, I just leave. It doesn't happen so much that I see it as a problem. If it was so much of a problem it's quicker and easier for me to solve by doing a bounty-lfg. Going to the forums to tell people how to play their game doesn't accomplish anything. Also, some people are new and don't know what they're doing. Last thing we need is a vet yelling at a new-guy because they're slow or confused.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

The only division of player is that:

Lich systeme is made so attacking and trying to kill your lich is a main part of that mecanic. And not killing your lich dont allow other to spawn. So they cant end theyr own.

This is the problem people who dont want to face theyr lich dont want to see.

They say people dont have to force them to play like other want them to play, BUT, they act exactly like this while not allowing other lich spawn.
When you dont attack your lich you deprive other from the opportunity to attack theyr own.

So people complain about "other people dont have to tell me what I have to do, it's a real annoyance, isnt because I dont allow them to play theyr lich that they are authorised to force me to play my own if I dont want"

And people who ask to attack just want other to accept the way the game is supposed to be played. But off cours somtimes they could be rude, that's another problem.

And for people who just blame DE without giving any idea to improve it..

Edited by AnuKaneDai

12 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Or farming murmurs.

Point is that if you're having an issue with people in a game not doing what you want then maybe you're the one with the issue.

• Want to do quick and efficient hunts to get the most you can at night? Do an eidolon hunt lfg.
  • Want to make an organized group that all has the same goal that doesn't necessarily work in pubs? Go to recruiting and do an lfg.

This is no different then you wanting people using specific frame setups or having others use their dedicated resources.

Want to do a lich hunt and you have issues with what people do in pubs? Do a lich-hunter lfg, DON'T tell people they can't play their game.

I respect your opinion and can see where you're coming from but I disagree. Literally everything is faster by stabbing your lich, so if you're there to farm murmurs there's no point not stabbing it except trolling others who might be looking for their lich. You do know you get like 10x more murmurs from just attempting to stab the lich than you get from a thrall as well as the potential to get even more or outright kill it if super lucky? If people join a mission with an objective I think it's fair to expect that they then do that objective, which when it comes to lich missions involves stabbing the lich. Now as I said from the start I do think this needs to change to allow for people that for some reason don't want to stab their lich but that's not the game right now.

Edited by iNemeq

1 minute ago, Shaden73 said:

They should add an cosmetic badge called "Lich Lover" for 500 plat and if you wear it during a lich mission it will prevent their lich from spawning. 

So none of "them" waste plat for it, it'd be basically meaningless addition.

• Like 2

à l’instant, iNemeq a dit :

I respect your opinion and can see where you're coming from but I disagree. Literally everything is faster by stabbing your lich, so if you're there to farm murmurs there's no point not stabbing it except trolling others who might be looking for their lich. You do know you get like 10x more murmurs from just attempting to stab the lich than you get from a thrall? If people join a mission with an objective I think it's fair to expect that they then do that objective, which when it comes to lich missions involves stabbing the lich. Now as I said from the start I do think this needs to change to allow for people that for some reason don't want to stab their lich but that's not the game right now.

And add with that each time you try, you could find a requiem without waiting for the murmur to unveiled it.
I rekt a lich on the second attempt, I've got full combinaison without the first requiem unveiled with murmur.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Bringing a non stealth frame to a sortie spy could negatively effect a mission. But if I'm running pubs I have no say in that and I have to deal with it if the rhino decided to go to. A and try to Crack it.

Ash is still very problematic on rad sorties.(Ppl will quit if they see me playing ash) but during publics some people don't care because it's a random and risk comes with public match making.

If I see a rhino on a sortie spy I can leave the group, so no time wasted. Ive wasted my time if mr special pants went to a lich mission and doesnt want to stab his lich.

1 hour ago, iNemeq said:

While I 100% agree that this needs to be changed, I also think that until that is done people that do not want to kill their liches should stick to solo so they don't block spawns from others who do want to stab theirs (and might be looking for help from a public group to do so). If you don't intend to fight your lich you do not need the extra help public provides.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

People will call each other unless DE will make option for Lich to dissapear by itself. Joining public matches has only one purpose - maximize murmur farm. Whenever someone's Lich spawn, it will convert up to 9 Thralls around, but if it's owner refuse to stab it, other Liches wont spawn. Not stabbing them has absolutely zero benefit, you can't get free 10 Thrall murmur and others wont have a chance to get theirs (and extra Thralls each Lich provide), wasting time for everyone. Simply telling 'please stab it' its not toxicity if player dont know that they waste their and others time. Toxicity is when people actively bully others if they not comply.

You have 4 free revives. 5 or 6 with arcanes. 7 with Wukong. Warframe spoiled us over years and people are too afraid too die. It's not that we have limited revives per frame like ages ago. And it's not Arbitation

50 minutes ago, iNemeq said:

If you join a Lich mission you're there to make progress on your lich, yes? Whether that is finally killing it or getting more murmurs makes no difference, everyone is there to work on their lich. You not stabbing your lich actively ruins progress for everyone else. It is more like joining a bounty and going fishing instead.

I know lich system is a bit problematic but people who refuse to stab their liches are a bigger problem.

They want full benefit of murmur farm by going public and then prevent people from getting their liches and more thralls. This is just pure selfishness.

I'm a public player and I stab my liches whenever they spawn to make them go away. Also getting 10 murmurs per failed attempt doesn't hurt.

@(PS4)sweatshawp

41 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Or farming murmurs.

It's no different than any other toxic behaviour , they just block progress of teammates. People are there to farm murmur and possibly hunt their liches with help of others. 

If they avoid their liches like a plague , then they can go solo and don't cause this whole " me no stab " issue in public until DE fixes it.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

If they avoid their liches like a plague , then they can go solo and don't cause this whole " me no stab " issue in public until DE fixes it.

I personally intend to not make one once the Old Blood drops on Switch until they do.

Thankfully they will be launching it so I can't make a Lich by mistake.

those people are leeches and should be reported. They go pub games to LEECH and its 100% int. Cause they know they will lock teammates liches, they know they go pub only to leech on “better thralls spawn system in party” system. There is no excuse. Just pure BM. 

Brothers, unite and lets use Wolf Beacons vs such leeches near the end of mission, and watch them suffer :3  

Edited by Melanholic7

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I can see I'll be soloing this for the majority of my lich hunting.  If not I'm gonna make sure I'm host and if someone wants to hold up progress for no other reason than "can't tell me what to do".  Enjoy the host migration.

Unless DE fixed it, you can even stab the dude's Lich afterwards and gain bonus murmurs from it.

I wish the game'd allow multiple Lichs to spawn at once if they're eligible. I get the nemesis part, I get it's this big personal boss whose giant health bar should take up the vertical space, but now that group murmur from failed Lich attempts is gone there's no reason to think multiple Lich spawns will be abused that much.

And honestly if a squad can survive 4 level 5 Lichs spamming rad/viral procs, Disarm, Switch Teleport and all such annoyances then I don't see why they shouldn't get some bonus group murmurs. If having all 4 Lichs spawn is overkill then at least allow 2 Lichs at max so if one person doesn't want to stab their Lich, there's another Lich slot to spawn. 

Edited by traybong111

14 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

I can't believe given [DE]Steve's excitement about this update in dev streams and in his pre release stream that this is what he intended to give us, because if it is, if he got this excited about giving us the same thing all over again maybe the old blood should look into hiring some new blood.

I don't think anyone from the DE staff(actual shot callers) have played this update long enough to have a decent opinion about it. 

Or they thought catering content towards players who play at least 8 hours a day was a good idea.

That's like saying let douchebags be douchebags, it is wrong to ask people to do the right thing and lead them towards a better path.

Yeaaaah, no. That's not how it works.

Players who aren't confronting their Lich in a public group not only hurt themselves(increasing the time it takes for them to kill their lich), but they also hurt other players in many ways. 

I've said this over and over again, if you aren't ready for the Lich content, it is perfectly fine. You can go grind for better weapons/mods and get better at the game and try again.

• Like 1