Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE stop force us to fishing or capture animals for the Nightwave Challenges...

TugraKHAN

I'm really about to lose my motivation to play...
This is a shooter game so that forcing players to fishing or capturing animals is cruelty at its finest...
If I want to play fishing game there is tons of fisihng simulator, if I want to play pokemon there is tons of them too...
Please DE be logical and stop forcing "SHOOTER" playerbase to go fishing or capturing animals...

Edited by TugraKHAN
Typo
  • Like 7

Then, don't do them? 

People regularly finish Nightwave with quite a few levels above the base cap of 30, it's not like you need to do all of the challenges. 

Tho if I was going to change anything about the "conservation" challenges along with the "bounty" challenges, it would be to remove the qualifier of "different" from them. I remember the first bounty challenge I was able to farm some Eidolon Lens blueprints while working on the Cetus bounty and it felt great even when I didn't get a lens because I was still making progress on the bounty..... similar to the conservation, just let me hunt what I want to hunt for the love of.....

In any case, I don't bother with those myself so, if they bother you don't do them?

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2

I mean I can finish those in 10-20 minutes tops, hek, Murkrays are the easiest thing to fish on the plains.

I do agree that the capture is a pain though, if only because of the RNG factor being absurd, I literally once caught 12 kubrowdons in a row trying to get just SIX different animals.

• Like 3

"Forced" seems like a very commonly used word whenever someone complains about something they don't like. Not to say you have to like everything in this game (far from it), but could we not pick a better word for having to do something?

You are forced to die when you fail a Requiem tests.

You are not forced to do all Nightwave challenges.

Also I will mention, your complaint about this "shooter" game having fishing and capturing animals being a problem, is silly when you're talking about Warframe, a looter shooter. Which by the way, those mechanics do tie into the loot aspect of it.

43 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I do agree that the capture is a pain though, if only because of the RNG factor being absurd, I literally once caught 12 kubrowdons in a row trying to get just SIX different animals.

That's because you're doing it wrong. You should equip echo-lure for the animal you need first. If you do this, only this particular animal's excrements will be shown on the map.

Just now, Xaero said:

That's because you're doing it wrong. You should equip echo-lure for the animal you need first. If you do this, only this particular animal's excrements will be shown on the map.

...You have no idea how dumb I feel for not knowing that, thank you so much for that info!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...You have no idea how dumb I feel for not knowing that, thank you so much for that info!

Well, the game doesn't exactly explain that anywhere, most of us found it by chance or being told by someone else.

OP: I don't think DE is threatening to terminate your account for not doing those challenges no?

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb TugraKHAN:

I'm really about to lose my motivation to play...
This is a shooter game so that forcing players to fishing or capturing animals is cruelty at its finest...
If I want to play fishing game there is tons of fisihng simulator, if I want to play pokemon there is tons of them too...
Please DE be logical and stop forcing "SHOOTER" playerbase to go fishing or capturing animals...

Just play a few more years. With the time you will realise, that fishing is the true endgame.^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Capturing animals is hell, but you can skip these and still finish the Nightwave events.

As someone else pointed out, the fishing quests are ridiculously easy...

The first 30 NW ranks sure. For someone that tries to go to rank 60 NW though, skipping too many Fishing, Mining, and Conservation missions can jeopardize that.

I agree fishing isn't too bad, animal capture is cancer though. Mining and fishing at least have actual uses as the materials are used to craft things. Animal capture gets what? Fluffs? Who cares? So if anything should go it's the capture.

Edited by No1NParticular31

15 minutes ago, No1NParticular31 said:

The first 30 NW ranks sure. For someone that tries to go to rank 60 NW though, skipping too many Fishing, Mining, and Conservation missions can jeopardize that.

I agree fishing isn't too bad, animal capture is cancer though. Mining and fishing at least have actual uses as the materials are used to craft things. Animal capture gets what? Fluffs? Who cares? So if anything should go it's the capture.

Why would you want to get to rank 60?

...am I missing something important?

32 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Why would you want to get to rank 60?

...am I missing something important?

The extra 30 waves get you credits that can be used to buy Potatoes, Nitain, or Kuva. If you want to have extra potatoes for all these new Kuva weapons or even some new frames you get, this is a great source. Those 30 waves will buy you 6 extra potatoes worth 120 plat. Nitain is used to build several weapons and frames and IMHO this is the best source to get it. The Kuva has other ways to get decent amounts though but if you don't need potatoes or Nitain then it can be useful. Primarily I stock up on Potatoes and I have already gotten most if not all the Nitain I needed from prior NW and Intermissions.

Of course if you have no need for potatoes or are plat rich and can just buy them, you already built everything you Nitain for and have no need for Kuva, also have all the NW auras, and already have the few weapons offered in NW, then sure they would be pointless.

Edited by No1NParticular31

1 minute ago, No1NParticular31 said:

The extra 30 waves get you credits that can be used to buy Potatoes, Nitain, or Kuva. If you want to have extra potatoes for all these new Kuva weapons or even some new frames you get, this is a great source. Those 30 waves will buy you 6 extra potatoes worth 120 plat. Nitain is used to build several weapons and frames and IMHO this is the best source to get it. The Kuva has other ways to get decent amounts though but if you don't need potatoes or Nitain then it can be useful. Primarily I stock up on Potatoes and I have already gotten most if not all the Nitain I needed from prior NW and Intermissions.

Ah, alright. I was just worried there was something I was missing...

I've gone higher, but not that much higher...mainly because I'm not that masochistic and they eventually want me to start scanning for Samaris. I know I should...but I really, really, hate that...

1 minute ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Ah, alright. I was just worried there was something I was missing...

I've gone higher, but not that much higher...mainly because I'm not that masochistic and they eventually want me to start scanning for Samaris. I know I should...but I really, really, hate that...

Yeah I only do it b/c it's like getting a free 120 plat for like an hour a week worth of work.

6 hours ago, (PS4)vinton14 said:

Gem mining is way worse than fishing 

This.

With fishing and conservation you can control what you get and finish them quickly but mining is pure RNG. I spent almost an hour without any rares because the narrow bonus nodes only gave common gems, at least make it guaranteed to drop rares as it actually requires precise timing to pull off.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scruffel said:

"Forced" seems like a very commonly used word whenever someone complains about something they don't like. Not to say you have to like everything in this game (far from it), but could we not pick a better word for having to do something?

You are forced to die when you fail a Requiem tests.

You are not forced to do all Nightwave challenges.

Also I will mention, your complaint about this "shooter" game having fishing and capturing animals being a problem, is silly when you're talking about Warframe, a looter shooter. Which by the way, those mechanics do tie into the loot aspect of it.

You are FORCED to play them...
Not all of us can play 24/7...
And if you want to get last weeks' challenges you MUST to complete them...

12 minutes ago, TugraKHAN said:

You are FORCED to play them...
Not all of us can play 24/7...
And if you want to get last weeks' challenges you MUST to complete them...

Keyword here is WANT... no-one is forcing you to go for last weeks challenges or go for the rewards. You choose to do it just like I've chosen to only do challenges I find fun even if it means I'll never reach rank 30.

• Like 2