Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PS4) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6

[DE]Danielle

Old blood update corrupted my save data and in the process bricked my PS4 Pro...can’t even boot the system up...support ticket is up but now I gotta deal with playstation support as well. Luckily I have an old standard PS4. Hopefully all my save data works on it for my other games. I won’t download the old blood update to that PS4...so no warframe for me until I hear word from DE and playstation. Beyond furious and disappointed. I was so excited for Old Blood as well...

40 minutes ago, (PS4)QIDOM said:

Old blood update corrupted my save data and in the process bricked my PS4 Pro...can’t even boot the system up...support ticket is up but now I gotta deal with playstation support as well. Luckily I have an old standard PS4. Hopefully all my save data works on it for my other games. I won’t download the old blood update to that PS4...so no warframe for me until I hear word from DE and playstation. Beyond furious and disappointed. I was so excited for Old Blood as well...

Yeah I have a strange issue as well. Got home from work and turned the system on and it couldn't talk to wifi. Restarted the system from the menu and got the "something went wrong beeps" Started Warframe and saw that it was downloading an update but it's actually just downloading the whole game again. I'm guessing the update was bugging out the system. On PS4 Pro also, I kind of remember having this issue before in the past with this game for one of the updates. We'll see what happens when it finishes 😕

Been testing melee in the Simulacrum all day on my day off today.

Can confirm that Bladewhips, Rapiers, and Tatsu just don’t feel like they’re doing enough damage with the stance changes and the algorithm change with Condition Overload. They feel extremely lackluster right now. And this is not arguing for one-shotting high level enemies or anything, it’s just that the ramp-up with damage when stat-proc’ing (or the lack thereof) in correlation with using Condition Overload isn’t compensating enough of a reward when doing consistent attacks. Even expelling a full combo-counter with a heavy attack feels really lackluster.

The TTK threshold has definitely heightened with the nerf to Condition Overload and the removal of guaranteed procs (moreso guaranteed Bleed procs) on some stance combos. It’s a start to the new melee system, sure, but the rework to melee feels very heavy handed on the nerfs from my tests.

Condition Overload’s algorithm is in dire need of a revisit. Making it additive to the damage calculation to Pressure Point really makes status-dedicated melee suffer quite a bit. Crit feels fine, and assuredly does feel fine with the u26.0.7 changes to heavy attack crit, but when the weapon’s base stats aren’t attuned for crit gameplay the alternative (status builds) aren’t matching to that of the former.

DE, I implore you, take another look at Condition Overload. It honestly doesn’t even feel like a mod that’s worth 15 card capacity for what it does now.

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

(Don’t worry, Auto Blocking is still a thing!)

This is literally the only thing I'm worried about.  I am absolutely loving the newest iteration on Melee; the combos are simple and intuitive, and I feel like I've got better control over my Warframe when I'm doing melee overall.

Except for Auto-Blocking. I never want to block, and it's very frustrating to be trying to attack or maneuver and to find myself suddenly locked into a block instead.  I would rather take damage.  I would rather be knocked down.  When enemies hinder my ability to maneuver my Warframe, that's fine, that's a gameplay challenge I've signed up to overcome.  When my Warframe hinders my ability to maneuver my Warframe, I just feel defeated.

I'm sure some people like Auto Block, so could you please add an Options toggle so that I can turn Auto Blocking off?  The ability to fluidly control my Warframe is the biggest reason I play this game, and Auto Blocking has been getting in the way of that for me since Melee 2.9.

I know I wrote the most about what I didn't like, but everything else in this latest update seem fantastic, and I know I've only scratched the surface.  Thanks for all the work you've clearly put into this!

I've only tried in simulcarum so there's always a chance that things don't work right in there, but did they remove the bonus damage that  Gara's Shattered Lash used to gain with the combo counter? Whether I'm at 0 combo or 12x combo, the damage remains the same, sweep version or poke version.

I dumped 7 forma into Baruuk and his exalted weapon in anticipation of the crit buff. I even got his new skin lol. Been having fun with his heavy attack at least.

Nikana zaw with riven and exodia triumph is really awesome, been using mostly that. I've been a gun guy in warframe for 5 years. Only melees I used before today was redeemer and zenistar. Aside from the lack of crit buff I am enjoying the update.

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We got on top of this the minute we sent to cert! The changes from 26.0.7 on PC will be coming in the next Update (and yes, planned for this year). We know how much you guys want these changes, it just missed the Cert window so we were unable to include it in The Old Blood. We'll keep you updated as we do with Status threads and the like. 

I have a question regarding this, why are we being made to wait until a Mainline update to get these changes? You pushed out a hotfix just this morning for the vaulted relics without the need for cert, why can't these changes also be hotfixed for us on console in like they were for PC? Judging by the extensive feedback from the update threads for PC, we're getting an inferior experience without hotfix 0.7 with the inability to trade Liches and getting to deal with repeating Kuva weapons. Please, please explain why we can't have these hotfixed in / why we're being made to wait for hotfixes, especially ones that drastically improve the game (like the Arbies changes, which were also a hotfix).

DE I very much appreciate your hard work. And in the past 5 years I’ve played I have very rarely been really upset with a change. However, the massive cut to reach on my melee weapons is incredibly frustrating, not to mention condition overload. I understand a need to balance things, in a way, but it just feels like you’ve nerfed everything I really enjoyed about playing this game right into the ground. 

I dont get it.   Update was delayed for so long, then u thought lets give them this version who everyone was complaing about and hated it.  After 2 month of waiting u think we would be upset? Instead we get this ... i dont know how often u wanna slap those console player in face. I mean your developer team did not communicate with the cert team like: hey, wait a couple days before u sent so console gets the cleaned up version, they waited so long. ? I dont know, i really like DE but sometimes its so sad how they act.

edit: i have lag issues since this update like crazy. PLS!

After testing a bit of Vauban on Simulacrum I noticed that Orbital Striking enemies inside Bastille free them, I didn't have time to test it outside but I hope it's a bug. As expected I didn't like  one change of Orbital Strike and some functions of minelayer: the first should have a very short cooldown after the ball it something because now can explode in air... the second have two ability that are too situational or even useless for now, you should read again some player ideas from your dev workshop; as a sidenote I'm a bit disappointed to see how Overdriver work because after reading the new ability on the forum I expected it would buff all types of damage not only the weapons ones or at least buff Orbital Strike too.

The tennogens i was waiting for didn't make it in this update :

Aures Crown by lukinu_u and HariPear

Aures Ear Accessory by HariPear and Lukinu_u

Loki Jotunheim Skin by Mz-3

Jotunheim‘s Cloak by Mz-3

i guess i'll have to wait longer to get these tennogens.

I've been testing the melee phase 2 in simulacrum yesterday and i liked the changes overall even though we are missing the recent buffs from the melee crit mods but it's not a big deal for me i can wait until next update.

I like the changes of Vauban's abilities but Flechette Orb is underwhelming as i have said it in the dev workshop.

I haven't tested Ember that much but i think she is much better than before. I found a bug with the Fireball ability where it doesn't leave a napalm like flame on impact, no matter if the ability was charged or not.

Concerning Titania, it would be nice if Razorflies could scale with the level of the enemies in endless missions to make them less squishy.

Also please a fix for the unskipable intro for late join clients.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ACiDiC_SiNz said:

Please hotfix the crit buff!!!!! 

They arent going to which is sad. They said next update which will be in like 2 months. Smh. There primary concern is PC cause they are QA testers. They dont care about console players at all. Its why people keep leaving the game at a accelerated rate. On a side note how in the blue space marbels did this update pass cert with some of the bugs i have seen. Randomly kicking you out of a party, lag,etc. 

The "network spike" issue should be your priority above buffing/nerfing anything

I'm sure people want a million things, but since Fortuna a friend and I have truly admired the performance of the game (thanks to the Switch port helping you optimise the console builds)

However, while the game still runs well - the network spikes break everything from sound, control, etc - and I've tested to make sure, it's most definitely related to network/connection. I even did a clean reset of settings in case there was something there, but nope

It runs without a hitch solo, but public it feels like pre-Fortuna (but slightly worse)

We're close to the end of the year, and I fully understand why we've to wait till January for a big update given time, but also cert cost and all that. Focus on sorting out the network issue so it doesn't feel bad to play, I'm sure people will be more understanding if they don't have to deal with trying to convince a host to quit due to a latency-related bug which can only be fixed by swapping host, or spikes in audio/gameplay experience

The crit thing can wait, such a significant performance issue tied to network - in a game about co-op - can't

Thanks for the update, melee feels much better and the content is great - just need to set the network testing higher on your list as it's something which affects everything else.

Edit: Please re-consider Aures for TennoGen. I know we won't get everything, but honestly - it's time to prioritise the Operator in my opinion over the 100th Excalibur skin. If a frame has more than an entire page's view of cosmetics, maybe put it on pause for console since we're limited by having to acquire licenses to resell TG for platinum.

And perhaps encourage TG for frames with little-to-no cosmetics and new frames.

If I join a Kuva mission, flood or syphon, if I'm not host, I get disconnected when the game loads in. So the loading bar gets to 2/3rds full then I get the error, disconnected from squad. This only happens if I load in with all the other dial up players, but if I load in after others have spawned, I'm fine. Have no issue connecting to any other mission on any old host, even people over the giant pond. So how come now, when I need to do Kuva missions for the update, can I not even connect to Kuva missions. I play on the same host 75% of the time that I'm on the game, but now we can't even laugh at people, because if I DC, there is a chance I won't get back into my party. Ugh, old blood, same old glitchy story.

Archived