Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's coming with Rising Tide update

Vit0Corleone

AFAIK, the only info we got from DE was a trailer and mention of dry dock room, but there's an article out there that goes into much more detail:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/warframe-rising-tide-update-is-coming-soon-to-the-pc-key-features-detailed/

Worth noting:

* (players)  will have to recruit the reluctant help of A.I., Cephalon Cy, to scour the Origin System for lost Railjack technology to construct the ultimate battleship

* This update also features the first steps to the Liset that will prepare it for Empyrean. The Rising Tide update will overhaul select visual aspects of your personal landing craft, adding in updated machines and enhanced lighting. It will also add a new “moonroof”, perfect for basking in the majesty of Origin System starlight.

* The Rising Tide Update will also bring new weapons, armor and cosmetics. The Cumulus Collection, an ethereal assortment of weapons, armor and cosmetics. Additionally new Equinox Antonym Collection offers Warframe’s master of day and night a new Antonym Skin. This skin transforms when Equinox shifts forms, as well Equinox’s signature Circadian Syandana and signature Astreos Sword and Shield Skin.

No idea if this information is trustworthy or not, but seems to make sense. Hopefully we will learn more later today/tonight.

I'm mostly curious about the first one, recruiting Cy and go on a indiana-jones type crusade to get the ship components could be fun. Fingers crossed :-)

• Like 2

I imagine we'll get more details tonight, with the devstream.

As for the whole thing, I imagine this is introducing a majority of what people consider the 'side content' - the new orbiter, new weapons if this is to be believed, and whatnot, and then letting players loose on empyrean a week or two after, since this is what has been stated by the devs.

Above and beyond the Drydock, we don't know. 

Maybe the ability to start building our Railjack(s) maybe, but unlikely the ability to actually use them. 

I suspect that 99.987% of todays Devstream will be Empyrion, Empyrion, Emperion with the remainder dedicated to how "Liches are fine" and they have moved on.

Fixes for The Old Blood?

Or at least after Rising Tide has dropped more people to work on fixes for The Old Blood.

I'm expecting a series of Excavations, Defence and Spy missions maybe with new voiceovers after we find Cy. 

Talking about Cephalon Cy seems ok, but I want to keep Ordis as my ships Cephalon (as it was shown in the first "Railjack" reveal) and I hope that the option is there to transfer him across.

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I suspect that 99.987% of todays Devstream will be Empyrion, Empyrion, Emperion with the remainder dedicated to how "Liches are fine" and they have moved on.

That would be standard procedure alas, I'm hoping that isn't going to happen, [DE]Rebecca has promised (in a reply to another thread) that changes to Kuva Lich progress and RNG going to be discussed in tonight's dev stream. but I'm guessing that the RNG will only be to the rewards as once they add a gameplay loop (grind) to the game they seem very loath to remove it.

45 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Above and beyond the Drydock, we don't know. 

Maybe the ability to start building our Railjack(s) maybe, but unlikely the ability to actually use them. 

Alternate ending: "Surprise, liches weren't done at all, we just wanted the base system out for bugfixing reasons and to stall for time. Have the ACTUAL Kuva lich system with Railjack."

I can't decide if that'd be more or less frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

"Surprise, liches weren't done at all, we just wanted the base system out for bugfixing reasons and to stall for time. Have the ACTUAL Kuva lich system with Railjack."

Looking at the state of The Old Blood at launch, this could be a very high possibility.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Looking at the state of The Old Blood at launch, this could be a very high possibility.

They also hinted at it, saying that practical devtime reasons was why the separated liches in the first place.

If that's the case, it would mean we did wind up getting a good lich system, but I can't say it wouldn't be a deeply baffling move.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Alternate ending: "Surprise, liches weren't done at all, we just wanted the base system out for bugfixing reasons and to stall for time. Have the ACTUAL Kuva lich system with Railjack."

I can't decide if that'd be more or less frustrating.

Simultaneous frustration, obviously lol

Honestly after the Old blood, for some reason this doesn't excite me one bit.

I can't help but think this will be another incomplete unpolished grindfest thrown in just to keep the plat circulation going. 

Hope I'm proven wrong because it's been a while I've played some new content and I want to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I can't help but think this will be another incomplete unpolished grindfest thrown in just to keep the plat circulation going. 

Hope I'm proven wrong because it's been a while I've played some new content and I want to.

Well in old blood the relic sometime didnt drop but hey they sell those 800 plat lich hunter/murmur/relic set packages that always work bugfree!

Same thing gonna happen in this drydock I bet, some item gonna be bugged BUT obtaining them from the cash shop will work 100%, encouraging players to spend platinum.

Hope im wrong though. Im really do.