Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack time gate is a joke

(PSN)Kamil-the-KamiKa

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltNldwQiME)

what were DE thinking?

i watched someone live streaming the new quest and it took him a hour just to farm for the 100 cubic diodes with a nekros and a hydroid, but before even that he had to farm 5 mutagen mass, fieldrone and injectors from invasions and then wait additional 6 hours to build railjack cephalon (he rushed it for the stream obvsiously) and now there is a 12 hour wait time to build the actual railjack part which is NOT rushable.

i feel deeply sorry for him. He spent plat to rush, time to farm and now he is blocked by a 12 hour time gate and he had to end the stream. Imagine streaming to get new lore and the new ship built just to grind to be able to wait to grind again.

DE, seriously? this is a HUGE time gate and probally the most grindy and tedious quest up to date

EDIT: i know even after we build it we cannot use it, i am aware of that. Its just seems it is meant to barely support interest until something useful from it actual comes about.

EDIT part 2: my bad, looking back at old dev streams and comments i now realise that DE did actually say this will happen.

Edited by (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa
  • Like 3

Dude, Railjack isn't ready yet. Everything you rush is eventually going to hit the wall of 'You can't launch because the content isn't ready yet'. I'm pretty sure everyone knew there was going to be a cut-off point where players won't be able to progress because Railjack isn't ready to launch yet.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Colyeses said:

Dude, Railjack isn't ready yet. Everything you rush is eventually going to hit the wall of 'You can't launch because the content isn't ready yet'. I'm pretty sure everyone knew there was going to be a cut-off point where players won't be able to progress because Railjack isn't ready to launch yet.

i know im just talking about the actual quest itself to just get the ship prepared, not what goes after. What is available right now is just a joke.

Just now, Neuerwinter said:

Wait I'm a bit confused here, so this content update is not the railjack? just a room to build for future content?

you get to build railjack parts. So far it seems to only serve the role of having the player base something grindy to do until they release a new update which basically means the update is just a huge wall for us to build with no way of getting past it until phase 2 comes out.

1 minute ago, Neuerwinter said:

Wait I'm a bit confused here, so this content update is not the railjack? just a room to build for future content?

It basically deployed the preparatory work for Railjack. Now you can start construction of the Railjack so that when the content launches in full, you can take off much faster.

• Like 2

Maybe, just maybe people shouldn't rush things... espscially when DE said over and over again that this is just something that leads to Railjack and doesn't have Railjack gameplay yet. We have loads of time to get these things done so there is no need to grind for it like crazy, just do a bit here and there and it is done.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

you get to build railjack parts. So far it seems to only serve the role of having the player base something grindy to do until they release a new update which basically means the update is just a huge wall for us to build with no way of getting past it until phase 2 comes out.

7 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

It basically deployed the preparatory work for Railjack. Now you can start construction of the Railjack so that when the content launches in full, you can take off much faster.

tenor.gif

Is this a forum joke?

• Like 1

Man, people these days can be so impatient. I still remember downloading 20+ GB games over several days on my old slow-as ADSL connection.

To date, I've only ever rushed one thing with Plat. It was by accident, and I still want that 1 Plat back.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltNldwQiME)

what were DE thinking?

i watched someone live streaming the new quest and it took him a hour just to farm for the 100 cubic diodes with a nekros and a hydroid, but before even that he had to farm 5 mutagen mass, fieldrone and injectors from invasions and then wait additional 6 hours to build railjack cephalon (he rushed it for the stream obvsiously) and now there is a 12 hour wait time to build the actual railjack part which is NOT rushable.

i feel deeply sorry for him. He spent plat to rush, time to farm and now he is blocked by a 12 hour time gate and he had to end the stream. Imagine streaming to get new lore and the new ship built just to grind to be able to wait to grind again.

DE, seriously? this is a HUGE time gate and probally the most grindy and tedious quest up to date

EDIT: i know even after we build it we cannot use it, i am aware of that. Its just seems it is meant to barely support interest until something useful from it actual comes about.

HI, I ignored the many many many many many many statements by the devs about content partitioning concerning railjack, but you should do the thing I want even though it doesn't improve user or player QoL or even add gameplay yet. 

K thx bai, love and kisses, person that doesn't read fine print ever and has nice gentlemen in garish suits visiting their domicile at very odd hours for no particular reason at all.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bagadyr said:

Then what about frame quests where you had to craft pieces of a frame to proceed further?

Those quests are equally awful, and there's a good reason DE hasn't done that in a long time. The difference, and the reason why this is even worse, is because those are just for a few frames. This is for a major aspect of the game. 

I'd put this in the same vein as preloading a game before official launch, just a bit more interactive in it's deployment.

Besides, imagine the uproar from the content drought crowd if you could have everything rushed and ready to go within the hour. You're building a goddamed spaceship and an entire drydock, of course it's going to take material and time.

57 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

HI, I ignored the many many many many many many statements by the devs about content partitioning concerning railjack, but you should do the thing I want even though it doesn't improve user or player QoL or even add gameplay yet. 

K thx bai, love and kisses, person that doesn't read fine print ever and has nice gentlemen in garish suits visiting their domicile at very odd hours for no particular reason at all.

um, ok?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

After Nightwave series 2... How did this person not have 5 Mutagen Mass, Fieldrons and Injectors? We had to run Invasions to get Emissary Derelict keys! I got like 50 Mutagen Masses as a result of the Nightwave series! I didn't do many Invasions for Fieldrons or Detonite Injectors because Fortuna already gives them to you as a potential reward from bounties! And you have had to grind those to reach Old Mate...

But wow, omg, 3 Rotation C survival missions to pick up 100 Diodes... And Baro even brought Resource Booster this time! The agony!