Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack time gate is a joke

(PSN)Kamil-the-KamiKa

Just now, MirageKnight said:

Agreed. I thought it would be way worse, given it's a gunship we're piecing back together.

Indeed. Plus it's a whole lot more spectacular than watching a rotating hologram-head. It's even more interactive, since you do things with the Railjack on a regular basis rather than 'oh well guess I'm waiting three days'.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I have a Lich squatting on Neptune, taxing my Index gains.

Sigh. Well played, DE.

I suggest a massive butt-kicking to scare it off the planet.

Or you could go farm profit taker with a Chroma and credit booster.

...Yeah the Lich sounds less irritating than that to me at least.

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Thank Tactical Potato for that - I'm just sharing the info with as many people as I can 🙂

Technically speaking I should probably be thanking DE for fronting that info to their partners so they can front it back to the community. Cause I don't think there is any other way for them to know since most of that info is still at a place where it is timegated and otherwise unknowable. 

2 hours ago, -Jorsch- said:

It's not just 12 hours. It's 6 consecutive builds of 12 hour builds each.

ya i know 72 hrs or more is not a joke but the next update is really far away so for me personally i like to do something when i login in the game beside i think they said u ont be able to build it in 1 day long a go so i was suprised it was onl 12 hrs i was sure it eill be atleast 24 hrsor 3 days  per part lol and beside i personally havent even started to build the shy thing  and dont think i will build it for atleast 2/3 weeks

Long run the time gate is a joke think about it, in the future players who aren't around now will have to wait six days to have their railjack built to do content. Even experience players will have to wait with how often we're encouraged to take long breaks from warframe, people are gonna come back see six days and just laugh then leave again.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I'm not getting my first Lich till I have one of each Requiem mod. I really don't want to give the shrike any more time than necessary.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Well in better news I managed to get about 1mil more credits due to piggybacking off the kindness of a Rhino player in the index.

Now I only need 3 million credits...joy >_>.

I sold every possible thing from my inventory. Had like 100 warframe blueprints and whatnot. Nora credits also give you good money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Corpus Hate Him!

Local Tenno Earns Three Million Credits In One Evening!

Find out how with one simple trick!!!

I'm actually shocked that people are complaining about the time gate, especially considering that Warframes ( of which we have many ) take 84 hours to craft each, as opposed to the 72 hours that the one time Railjack build takes.

Maybe it's because I never really rush builds, so actually looks pretty reasonable to me considering it's a big mf ship.

And even if you could speed it, what's the point? So you can stare at it? We're looking at at least 2 weeks until we can do anything with it.

I think the way DE released this is actually pretty good .. gives us something to do meanwhile, and it's a way to get us excited with what's coming by watching our Railjack being built slowly.

I'm also thankful not having to deal with crazy RNG chances etc for once.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Technically speaking I should probably be thanking DE for fronting that info to their partners

Agreed. Potato said he'd got special boosters and such to facilitate things.

I also heard a couple of "content providers" wound up logging into the game to find a Dock already built at their Dojos. Take that info with a grain of salt though.

31 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Find out how with one simple trick!!!

It has to do with Greedy Milk doesn't it?

What's the point in rushing through this part, though?

Empyrean ain't out yet.

I could understand complaining about the time gate AFTER Empyrean launches, I guess. It would be cool if they remove it for future players, newer to the game.
It's not friendly lore-wise to expect a salvaged gunboat in that state to be repaired in seconds, but for the sake of a video game, I wouldn't mind getting a nifty cutscene of little Cy-drones repairing the ship in fast-forward.

5 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I'd hold off on that! Only the Tail Section requires that and it's section number 5!

06il9nekih041.png

I just hope we need those Cubics, Carbides, Pustrels, etc in other places instead of JUST here, because uh...

My Lich stole some. Then I finished the Fuselage, and killed my Lich while waiting for the 12 hour time on the Fuselage, and now... I have extra random Cubics.

I guess I could sell for measly Credits?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I just hope we need those Cubics, Carbides, Pustrels, etc in other places instead of JUST here, because uh...

My Lich stole some. Then I finished the Fuselage, and killed my Lich while waiting for the 12 hour time on the Fuselage, and now... I have extra random Cubics.

Recall that there appear to be different models of railjack, with slightly different hull configurations....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I'm sure we will need those for Research on the Dock or something. We are repairing the ship. But nothing on weapon systems. Hoard them a bit more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm sure we will need those for Research on the Dock or something. We are repairing the ship. But nothing on weapon systems. Hoard them a bit more

That's a good point. Steve said there would be different weapons and systems that can be installed. More than likely, we'll need to research and then build from generated blueprints after the research is done.

6 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Since they're Railjack components, and we're building and adding to our Railjack over time, I imagine they'll be necessary along with other resources once the full thing drops.

This update previews new Resources for future update EMPYREAN! When Empyrean launches, a wide variety of Railjack Specific resources will launch in missions, but we are previewing 4 new Resources early to aid in the construction of your Railjack:

Also, unrelated, but can we take a second to appreciate how big the Railjack itself actually is?

qzFJkry.jpg

Waypoint is perched on the end of its tail, and I'm on the tip of its nose. This thing is straight-up longer than the little terminal I built to make space for the Drydock.

And that's just the base fuselage. I imagine it won't get much longer, but geez...