Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

no to Cy ...

Beforcial

Good question!

You are one of the few that can answer it, please let us know what your current quest objective is and what happens when you interact with the repair console in the drydock.

When I listened to Lotus and went home in The War Within, my quest objective instantly told me to go right back into the fortress, the game doesn't have any alternative outcomes for our choices.

2 minutes ago, Oakjaw said:

Oh bummer, I was hoping we could use Ordis like in the first Railjack video when it was premiered with Fortuna.

Ordis is no viable "combat" cephalon.

Chances are very low that DE will introduce another Cephalon thats able to fly a combat ship.

1 minute ago, Nesodos said:

Chances are very low that DE will introduce another Cephalon thats able to fly a combat ship.

He's a corrupted Cephalon, he's not viable for anything by default yet there he is piloting our orbiter and landing craft. I'm just saying he can learn, maybe access those old memories of his a bit.

18 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Good question!

You are one of the few that can answer it, please let us know what your current quest objective is and what happens when you interact with the repair console in the drydock.

When I listened to Lotus and went home in The War Within, my quest objective instantly told me to go right back into the fortress, the game doesn't have any alternative outcomes for our choices.

When you interact with the console again you get to re-answer the prompt message "Integrate Cephalon Cy in to the Railjack? Yes, No"

I was hoping you unlock another research node at the research console to start researching for another cephalon and maybe have to do another mission to get that data cube (or whatever) but .... nooooo! :D

I'll wait ... not like there is anywhere to go with the Railjack now anyway. ;)

Edited by Beforcial

19 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Ordis should be the most badass combat cephalon. I want some day for him to get a body and his old personality temporally put into it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

I agree and DE needs to stop with the answer choices if they don't actually do anything, always looks like an unfinished release. oh well!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Oakjaw said:

Oh bummer, I was hoping we could use Ordis like in the first Railjack video when it was premiered with Fortuna.

Well if they implement that later, I f*cking hope we can kick Cy out of the ship and replace him with Ordis. I only said yes because the quest instructions explicitly told me to.

Edited by SordidDreams

15 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Ordis should be the most badass combat cephalon. I want some day for him to get a body and his old personality temporally put into it.

Last time he was in a combat situation (as his old self) he was borderline suicidal with what we can only assume ptsd and depression, I don't think he's good for that anymore, even right now he's pretty much ruining his own functions to avoid the trauma of Warfare. He's not stable and he shouldn't be deployed in active combat, Ordis found the right place as a back line support, being on the front lines broke him and he's still grappling with the wounds from it. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Last time he was in a combat situation (as his old self) he was borderline suicidal with what we can only assume ptsd and depression, I don't think he's good for that anymore, even right now he's pretty much ruining his own functions to avoid the trauma of Warfare. He's not stable and he shouldn't be deployed in active combat, Ordis found the right place as a back line support, being on the front lines broke him and he's still grappling with the wounds from it. 

^This. As much as I'd love for him to be the railjack's cephalon, he's not stable enough. He'd either literally break, or go berserk mode.

2 hours ago, Mikhael222 said:

Now Cy is weeping softly when you aren't around.  Shame on you.

Manly tears of pure bacon grease, directly into his morning cup of napalm. 

. . .

Also kinda wondering if we're getting more Cy backstory - eventually sure - to explain . . . actual spoiler so moved to spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

what happened with his ill-fated mission and it's erasure from record. 

58 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Hide contents

what happened with his ill-fated mission and it's erasure from record. 

Spoiler

The Old War was largely fought with guns and swords because the Sentients could hack pretty much anything more advanced than a toaster.  I'm guessing the mission in question is where that fact was discovered the hard way.

7 hours ago, Cubewano said:

2 be fair the real Ordis would probably want to kill us. I don’t see him as an ally to us. Maybe the stalker is the other 1/2 of Ordis. 

1 minute ago, BDMblue said:

2 be fair the real Ordis would probably want to kill us. I don’t see him as an ally to us. Maybe the stalker is the other 1/2 of Ordis. 

I can't quite agree with that, Ordan Karris had a clear resentment for the Orokin and their way of life, and given one of his dying acts was to try and kill one I don't fully believe he'd find himself on opposite end of the spectrum to us so far as allegiances go. And then the Stalker being some fractured half of him, well that's just pure fiction up to this point as there has never been anything even loosely suggesting Ordis was ever split into multiple individuals, much less someone like the Stalker. 

• Like 1