Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you trade Quick Thinking for a 1 Hit KO Prof mod?

Silvertap

For some warframes quick thinking is really good, for other it just give a bit more of time, but what if we have a mod that negates hit kill every 30 sec and only works when u loose all your health or equivalent in one shot/hit.

What you guys think about it? I think it would be fun, it would make squish frame more usable xD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

We already have a mod that makes us invulnerable for a few seconds on a 7 second cooldown, and all it requires is that you press shift. 

That's not one shot proof, it only works when you know something is coming.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

Giving you 100% damage resistance seems pretty one shot proof to me. 

I think he wants something to prevent instant kills that come out of nowhere.

It's easy to dodge when you know you are being shot at, but when you're just zooming through the level and then suddenly die, that's a different thing. 

22 minutes ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

What you guys think about it?

I would like the Shield Gating concept as a mod. They did mention that it doesn't really matter too much, but if it gives you a bit of invulnerability after it triggers, it may make a difference. 

I think it has the exact same problem as shield gating. 

And the reason that fails is because, sure the first round doesn't kill you but that second bullet yeets you anyhow.... all you've really done is shave milliseconds off of your initial yeeting. I

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DupersDeBait said:

It can if you play the game long enough to know when you’ll really need it. OP is asking for a mod that does the exact same thing but only when you’re almost out of health and with zero agency on your part. 

Knowing how to predict these instant kills that “come out of nowhere” is part of improving at the game. I notice a lot of players like to tunnel vision, and will often direct their attention toward other players and where they’re already fighting.

Sometimes it is objectively impossible to predict a one-shot death. You can be doing fine with Mesa on Mot for a good hour and a half and get randomly one-shot without any kind of signal beforehand, even with rolling guard and quick thinking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

Knowing how to predict these instant kills that “come out of nowhere” is part of improving at the game.

I think you don't understand what the others meant by "out of nowhere", which means " that you can't see or just can't possibly know it was there in the first place"

A mod that prevents death from a bullet that you couldn't see, do you get it now?

EDIT: On topic, a mod like Hildryn's shield gating, even for just a few seconds could be useful for less tanky frames

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

I would humbly start with removing the stagger from QT since it makes the mod such a coin flip. Not sure what even the point of that stagger is. YOu ivnest a mod slot and arguably a second for FLow to really make it worth it, it takes your energy so it isn't free survivability but on top it needs to have another drawback which can lead you to jsut diying anyway while being staggerlocked and shot dead.

Warding off a random oneshot is nice but without a small invulnerability window or a reasonable threshold its kinda pointless. If chip damage can disable it I wouldn't slot it because it sunreliable. When I look for survivability I look for consistency and reliability, not a gamble of maybe dead maybe not.

More options ot tailor survivability would be nice, generally a rebalance of Warframe eHP since we have faster survivability fall-off than damage fall-off.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DupersDeBait:

Knowing how to predict these instant kills that “come out of nowhere” is part of improving at the game. I notice a lot of players like to tunnel vision, and will often direct their attention toward other players and where they’re already fighting.

Conceptually I agree with you. Learning specific behaviors which expose you less and keep you safer is quite important.However you can't really actively dodge most enemy attacks in Warframe. Warframe is not "fair" in regards to damage avoidance. Enemies have hitscan damage which you cannot actively dodge, either they nail the shot or they don't. As there is no travel time there is no window to react. SImilarly there are AoE effects and specific targeted abilities that you will not be able to safely avoid at all times, as its not always a matter of you being able to react and avoid it and more of a general behavior model where you try to play around it as its not actively manageable.

If an Ancient has so good tracking/targetting that he can snipe you mid-bullet jump around a corner then its not a matter of skill anymore. Especially not when you eventually have 10 of those on your screen at the same time as in longer runs the mob spawns are heavily biased towards the heavy units of their respective factions.

Warframe relies pretty heavily on the player being able to take damage but since we can kill much higher levels than we can "tank" the enemy balance falls apart pretty quickly past 100 and leaves frames witohut a lot of eHP or avoidance tools like stealth in a pretty questionable state.

59 minutes ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

For some warframes quick thinking is really good, for other it just give a bit more of time, but what if we have a mod that negates hit kill every 30 sec and only works when u loose all your health or equivalent in one shot/hit.

What you guys think about it? I think it would be fun, it would make squish frame more usable xD

I think the Operator makes this entire premise pointless and redundant, since with the operator you're never going to die or run out of energy AND also power buff because why not.

Kind of hilarious to hear people complain about ember and saryn when the thing that actually makes "difficulty" and "endgame" redundant in WF is inside the suit.

58 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

We already have a mod that makes us invulnerable for a few seconds on a 7 second cooldown, and all it requires is that you press shift. 

Yea because damage is visualized so well in warframe. There is a ton of unpredictable damage sources and unless this is changed we don´t even need to talk about reactive gameplay. If you want to play the rng survival game good for you but this mod can´t be considered an alternative for what QT does.

14 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Kind of hilarious to hear people complain about ember and saryn when the thing that actually makes "difficulty" and "endgame" redundant in WF is inside the suit.

People only complain about what they see dominate. Operators are sneaky af.

18 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

I think the Operator makes this entire premise pointless and redundant, since with the operator you're never going to die or run out of energy AND also power buff because why not.

How so? do u mind in explain?

As fasr as know, Quick Thinking can get one shot, u see, if the damage goes beyond health and energy drain u still get one shot, i didn't kown that operator could make u unkillable...

probably not. unless I get caught during the "stagger" when it starts converting health loss into energy loss, I don't really get one shot. that's also bearing in mind I keep an eye on my health and immediately enter operator mode if I start losing health, and if the Warframe I'm using has a defensive power, that's usually active as well. Primed Flow with Quick Thinking + Zenurik essentially gives you a backup health bar, especially on frames with high base energy to start with.

honestly, I probably wouldn't use it, and we already have so many ways to not die, it doesn't seem useful to me. plus it also means sacrificing a mod slot, and that alone can be a deal breaker for some.

hace 2 minutos, DupersDeBait dijo:

Don't some of them heal you when you go in and out of Operator mode? I completely forgot about that. I haven't really bothered with operators much outside of the bare minimum needed to be useful in eidolon hunts.

Those are the arcanes in your case stating Magus Elevate, in which Magus Repair excels better imo, especially with high HP warframes. I made up myself to just combine it with Magus Lockdown, which basically stops everything (except BAMs) from moving and gives enough time to reposition and recover.

40 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Might wanna read up on what each focus school does and how that interacts with your frame then.

No, really, explain, how do operators make warframes unkillable? i'm curious... because i don't think it is true... Unless u never did high content, do 2 hour arbitration survival with a saryn, then tel me how u survived it... i'm really curious... with just one hour bombards and sniper starts to one hit u...

26 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

probably not. unless I get caught during the "stagger" when it starts converting health loss into energy loss, I don't really get one shot. that's also bearing in mind I keep an eye on my health and immediately enter operator mode if I start losing health, and if the Warframe I'm using has a defensive power, that's usually active as well. Primed Flow with Quick Thinking + Zenurik essentially gives you a backup health bar, especially on frames with high base energy to start with.

honestly, I probably wouldn't use it, and we already have so many ways to not die, it doesn't seem useful to me. plus it also means sacrificing a mod slot, and that alone can be a deal breaker for some.

U are wrong pal, there is a topic here in the foruns explaining how quick thinking works, i my self made the question once my Sarin started to get one shot without lose her energy, it is crazy, but enemies can do so much damage that u won't even lose your energy when u die.

I wouldn't want any more help with "power creep to infinity". QT helps with anything "normal".

QT doesn't scale into infinitly level mobs and tbh, there are other ways of dealing with cheesing those. Helping those even further is out of the question imho.

So, my answer is: no.

Removing stagger from QT would be a welcome change, though.

I have Magus Elevate because I don't usually run multiple sources of health increasing, mid combat I will see incoming death and I will go into operator, use the brief invulnerability from it and immediately return to Warframe, I just performed a roll with 100% DR that also healed me for about 300 health, nothing is lethal. Given how they nerfed the damage on Bombards and Corpus techs, I'm not sure what is one-shotting you other than you running back and forth and therefore run into a grenade at high levels.

The game basically gives you DR just for moving so as long as you're moving most enemies only get glancing hits which only scrape away shields, unless you're running a void mission like Mot this should be largely a non-issue for most frames. 

If for some reason you are speaking about things like endless runs, no, absolutely not, endless runs are difficult and anything that would work on a 30 second CD to prevent a mess up in content where mess ups are punished brutally should be unique, not a basic mod available to anything.

Going by the fact that you did just mention 2 hour Arbitrations, anything you bring that is squishy should have a gimmick to staying alive, if the gimmick isn't good enough or you're not good enough with it, why are you using that frame in a 2 hour arbitration? Mag, bullets shouldn't be hitting you ever once you get that high level. Ember? Not squishy anymore, manage that heat bar. Volt? Hide behind that shield and field wipe otherwise. Banshee? Better be using that brief stun well or hide behind an allies defenses. 

Just kiddo dodge if you're in danger, it's completely overpowered and has rendered most of the danger of the game moot.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

No, really, explain, how do operators make warframes unkillable? i'm curious... because i don't think it is true... Unless u never did high content, do 2 hour arbitration survival with a saryn, then tel me how u survived it... i'm really curious... with just one hour bombards and sniper starts to one hit u...

U are wrong pal, there is a topic here in the foruns explaining how quick thinking works, i my self made the question once my Sarin started to get one shot without lose her energy, it is crazy, but enemies can do so much damage that u won't even lose your energy when u die.

First of all level 300 is not "high content", there's nothing challenging about an enemy that simply relies on unaware damage + red crits to STILL one shot just like you were one shotting an hour ago.

Secondly Saryn isn't the bar for endurance; she isn't even in the top three, so again you might want to do so some research including not relying on discord/regional meta as actual "meta", because the frames used for endless mission aren't direct damage frames, aside from making a case for using ember as such.

Edited by -Kittens-