Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Farming

(PSN)AlyoUltima

Yeah definitely not true.  You have only 2% chance there.

The best way to farm forma blueprints is to run intact relics in public squads - preferably short missions like Capture, Exterminate - though all mission types are fine.  It's the fastest and most reliable way.  Especially if you're putting down relics you know have formas on the bronze level.  You'd honestly have to have insanely bad luck NOT to get a forma every second or third run.  Sometimes I get them 10 relics in a row.  Just make sure you use relics with forma in the pool, and pray the pub squads do the same (usually somebody does.)

To put into perspective I farmed 65 Forma Blueprints this weekend (saving up for Lich weapons) in just Saturday and Sunday of running relics.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 2

Farming forma blueprints is best done in public void fissures, as each fissure tier besides tier 5 kuva lich relics has forma.  You want to go with 4 people to increase the chance of a forma bp dropping.  Farming forma that is already built is best done on lua in the music room if it spawns you can get a built forma but the odds are quite slim everywhere of obtaining a built forma.  

Lua, any mission but do more likely on extermination mission because they are easy, do the voice singing musical room for that give you chance golden cache crate for either give you 1k credits or either a forma for rare win win, recommend have doubler resource, rare resource drop and a cat that increase chance of rare resources drops.  The rest the room you can skip if you feel like it.

• you play Void Tears until you have so many Prime Parts that you can't even see Navigation through the pile of stuff in your Ship.
  • or if you get bored of that you try your hand at the Orokin Moon Music/Memory 'simon says' puzzle.
    • it's only roughly a 20% Chance so it's kinda meh unless you have a Resource Booster and preferably also getting lucky with a cat stacking several more Resource Boosters.
  • or if you get really bored, play Derelict Defense until your eyes start bleeding.
36 minutes ago, (XB1)KamikaZSquirrel said:

Relics are best choice as 1 in 4 players usually gets at least 1... Another one is Orokin Derelict Defense, it's A rotation can grant a forma bp instead of relics etc. I'm not sure if B and C can also drop one but I know A does, so wave 5, 10, 25, 30 etc

it's Rotation C, only.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Yeah definitely not true.  You have only 2% chance there.

2.5%, technically! :^)

13 hours ago, taiiat said:
  • you play Void Tears until you have so many Prime Parts that you can't even see Navigation through the pile of stuff in your Ship.
  • or if you get bored of that you try your hand at the Orokin Moon Music/Memory 'simon says' puzzle.
    • it's only roughly a 20% Chance so it's kinda meh unless you have a Resource Booster and preferably also getting lucky with a cat stacking several more Resource Boosters.
  • or if you get really bored, play Derelict Defense until your eyes start bleeding.

it's Rotation C, only.

2.5%, technically! :^)

Thought it was the earlier ones because I've normally gotten them without playing in it long but I could be wrong... still the chance is less than relics for more effort..

Relics are by far the most reliable source for a blueprint. Fully built Forma is a preferred option but the Lua music room is RNG that you'll get it and then the RNG on top of that to actually receive a Forma is pretty low... I've only ever gotten 1 but I also hadn't farmed it as chances seem extremely low.

18 hours ago, (PS4)AlyoUltima said:

Hello guy's,

Anyone know the best way to farm forma or it's blueprints? I've heard doing the sabotage missions on Earth and finding all the grineer caches almost always gets you one, is that true?

Open relics through fissures in a group of 4. If you run 4-5 fissures you can easily net one a day. 

Other than that, their drop chance from any other content is close to non-existent.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

1 hour ago, (XB1)KamikaZSquirrel said:

still the chance is less than relics for more effort..

Relics are by far the most reliable source for a blueprint. Fully built Forma is a preferred option but the Lua music room is RNG that you'll get it and then the RNG on top of that to actually receive a Forma is pretty low... I've only ever gotten 1 but I also hadn't farmed it as chances seem extremely low.

Derelict Defense would be fairly time efficient if you had a Squad setup for it, i.e. extra speed Nova (10% Strength), Equinox, and some other AoE spam of your choosing(probably a Nidus, maybe Oberon for the Radiation Status). Trinity doesn't hurt ofcourse.
times will vary depending on how the game feels like Spawning but you could complete 20 Waves in roughly 8-9 minutes in theory.

that's why i said the Orokin Moon puzzle is kinda meh without Boosters.