Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen if railjack/empyrean fails?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

6 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Sorry, but when you have duplicate issues, Slave Trade issues, replay and enjoyment issues, co-op mechanics issues, yeah sorry, Old Blood is pretty much a flop, I stopped going after weapons, only one left, after November because of the Piss Poor feed back we got from Bear. So yeah, I have little interest in Empyrean, if what they have shown us for the little care of Old blood is any indication.

Lol..so wait... You only have ONE weapon left to get?

9 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Sorry, but when you have duplicate issues, Slave Trade issues, replay and enjoyment issues, co-op mechanics issues, yeah sorry, Old Blood is pretty much a flop, I stopped going after weapons, only one left, after November because of the Piss Poor feed back we got from Bear. So yeah, I have little interest in Empyrean, if what they have shown us for the little care of Old blood is any indication.

Let's not call out any devs here please, getting this thread closed is the last thing I want

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

It "failed" because it was met with almost universal dislike, and the player count continued to drop. While not every major update has been met with universal praise, they always at least boost the player count by a lot. 

Your going to have to cite sources on your "universal dislike" claim. Most of the complaints I've seen are from people whove sunk their teeth well enough into an update they so called "hated". If you're complaining about your 10th lich, in the first week, you're perspective on what's wrong is skewed. 

1. You're playing the F out of it....success?

2. If you've already killed a few in a week, then the system isn't really broken. It's the player breaking the system by rushing it faster than the devs anticipated. I doubt they intended for people to have all weapons in a span of two weeks. And if they just made it more difficult, then it would become unreasonably grindy for those of us that don't intend to spend every waking moment grinding for a weapon. 

3. If people are playing and completing content, it hasn't failed. If people desire the rewards, it hasn't failed. It's only a failure to those that think they aren't getting their desired rewards fast enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Your going to have to cite sources on your "universal dislike" claim. Most of the complaints I've seen are from people whove sunk their teeth well enough into an update they so called "hated". If you're complaining about your 10th lich, in the first week, you're perspective on what's wrong is skewed. 

2. If you've already killed a few in a week, then the system isn't really broken. It's the player breaking the system by rushing it faster than the devs anticipated. I doubt they intended for people to have all weapons in a span of two weeks. And if they just made it more difficult, then it would become unreasonably grindy for those of us that don't intend to spend every waking moment grinding for a weapon. 

3. If people are playing and completing content, it hasn't failed. If people desire the rewards, it hasn't failed. It's only a failure to those that think they aren't getting their desired rewards fast enough. 

The Lich system had the potential for great replay value and entertainment. DE was given a metric S#&$ ton of awesome feed back that would make the Lich system systems complete, semi polished and replayable.DE has chosen to be Radio silent on any of the feed back we have given them. Sources? Take a look at the threads, take a look at several Boobtube content creators. Many are not happy with how the Old Blood turned out. Compared to what we were promised and what we have been given, it is disingenuous to sit on your high horse and claim everything is alright with the Old Blood. There is so much wrong with it, it is rather galling to think we are supposed to be excited for Empyrean when they can't even get the Old Blood right first, which I might add was asked for and promised a year or more before Steve's dream of Empyrean.

2 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

The Lich system had the potential for great replay value and entertainment. DE was given a metric S#&$ ton of awesome feed back that would make the Lich system systems complete, semi polished and replayable.DE has chosen to be Radio silent on any of the feed back we have given them. Sources? Take a look at the threads, take a look at several Boobtube content creators. Many are not happy with how the Old Blood turned out. Compared to what we were promised and what we have been given, it is disingenuous to sit on your high horse and claim everything is alright with the Old Blood. There is so much wrong with it, it is rather galling to think we are supposed to be excited for Empyrean when they can't even get the Old Blood right first, which I might add was asked for and promised a year or more before Steve's dream of Empyrean.

I'm not saying it's a perfect system at all. It's not EXACTLY what I built up in my head, but clearly it's playable, has desired content and provides some entertainment. It's not failed.

Failed content would be raids, content that new players straight up avoided and had to be removed. Even that had it's moment in the sun. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm not saying it's a perfect system at all. It's not EXACTLY what I built up in my head, but clearly it's playable, has desired content and provides some entertainment. It's not failed.

Failed content would be raids, content that new players straight up avoided and had to be removed. Even that had it's moment in the sun. 

It has not failed for you. There are a great many people I have spoken to, content creators I have listened to, that would categorically disagree with you.  If you still find some enjoyment out of the Old Blood for you, bully for you.

I know it has little enjoyment left for me. I know it COULD have and continued enjoyment if they enacted or acknowledge half the suggestions that have been provided to DE.

In 15 minutes we are going to get this AWESOME light show hyping Empyrean, and we might get some Lip service regards Old Blood. I think it should be the other way around.

Show us DE can actually finish a project before rolling out the next one. If Empyrean flops... what is next? Old War? Duvari? It will be $hit built upon a foundation of $hit. We can only hope that will not be the case. Again if Old Blood is any indication to go by, I no longer hold up any hopes. I can only be pleasantly surprised. I am sure it will on surface look and start out great, but DE will find a way to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo it up with further hotfixes and more world game breaking bugs that have not been fixed since the Old Blood Update. Looking forward to that ride.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

4 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

It has not failed for you. There are a great many people I have spoken to, content creators I have listened to, that would categorically disagree with you.  If you still find some enjoyment out of the Old Blood for you, bully for you.

I know it has little enjoyment left for me. I know it COULD have and continued enjoyment if they enacted or acknowledge half the suggestions that have been provided to DE

This isn't universal hate/dislike, though. Feedback is infinitely better when the hyperbole is dropped. It doesn't make your feedback any more urgent or interesting, it just makes it sound like you're whining.

6 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Show us DE can actually finish a project before rolling out the next one.

You don't even understand the game you are playing if you are expecting a "done" project.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

This isn't universal hate/dislike, though. Feedback is infinitely better when the hyperbole is dropped. It doesn't make your feedback any more urgent or interesting, it just makes it sound like you're whining.

You don't even understand the game you are playing if you are expecting a "done" project.

No mate. I know the game all too well. What you may not be getting is, DE has changed its attitude to its community over the past couple months. There practices and priorities have changed drastically too and it shows. What I am saying is, the S#&$ show we accepted in the past as acceptable behavior, is not to be accepted any longer. They have the money, they have the talent, they have the resources. They don't have their priorities fixed right. they are not focused, they are half assing everything and it is NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE. It is not whining, it is saying I as a paying costumer, will no longer let you trade on my good will. It is time you pulled up your socks DE and actually produce and COMPLETE content. If you want to be a Sir Gallahad, bully for you. I have had enough.

DE has changed

It hasn't.

They don't have their priorities fixed right.

They are clearly ignoring you, so this is debatable.

3 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

it is saying I as a paying costumer

Your money has not and will never grant you a louder voice. I am truly sorry you spent money and expected that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

It hasn't.

They are clearly ignoring you, so this is debatable.

Your money has not and will never grant you a louder voice. I am truly sorry you spent money and expected that.

Then what game have you been playing? DE has had an attitude shift since their notoriety and community player base has expanded with their advertising campaign.  Yes DE is ignoring everything and their feed back that is very clear. Me being a paying customer means to ME that I have a dog in this fight, and the care to wish to influence DE to change their ways. If that does not float your boat, well that is wonderful for you. Other people do care.

On 2019-12-04 at 11:59 AM, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

What would happen if empyrean ends up the same as the old blood update? How would the community react to another failed update? How would the community respond if railjack was underwhelming or little to nothing to do? 

I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

NOTE: This post is not meant to trash talk de or any if that.

EDIT: for some of you thinking that this post is about wanting railjack/emperyan to fail,

READ. THE. NOTE. -----^

First of all i dont agree that the old blood failed. I dig it quite a bit.

Second, empyrean will fail if you want it to fail or expect more than it is. It isnt open world space flight like elite dangerous or aoemthubg, it is more like missions with space and land battles like the original battlefront 2.

Just be positive when it releases and remember there will be bumps in the road.

Just like with every major update the game has had since launch.

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

First of all i dont agree that the old blood failed. I dig it quite a bit.

Second, empyrean will fail if you want it to fail or expect more than it is. It isnt open world space flight like elite dangerous or aoemthubg, it is more like missions with space and land battles like the original battlefront 2.

Just be positive when it releases and remember there will be bumps in the road.

Just like with every major update the game has had since launch.

I agree and I am being cautiously optimistic because I want railjack to succeed as much as everyone else does.

55 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Hit that nail on the head there. 

So far the conversation seems to be going like this:

OMG THIS GAME MODE IS THE SUCK. I HATE IT. EVERYONE HATES IT. 

So you gonna wait for them to patch it up and fix all the bugs? 

THE HECK I WON'T. I ALREADY GRINDED IT ENOUGH. GOT ALL THE WEAPONS AND REWARDS. HAD TO PLAY FOR 50 HOURS STRAIGHT AND I RAN OUT OF ADULT DIAPERS FIVE STINKING HOURS INTO THE SESSION. THANK GOD FOR KITTY LITTER AND THE HOOVER HANDY VAC. 

Uhhh.... I don't think that is a very reasonable thing to do if you hate the game mode.... 

GOTTA GET WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD, N00B. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Thanks for putting words in my mouth because its obvious you did not read the capitalized "NOTE: this post is not meant to trash talk de or any of that" I asked a question and I wanted some answers and guess what?I did. If I actually wanted railjack to fail I would've put that in the post in the first place, everyone but you had no issue with my original post.

"Wanted some answers and got it"

How? The update is not out for public yet. It's not even done.

This is clearly a textbook definition of a conspiracy. Well done.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

"Wanted some answers and got it"

How? The update is not out for public yet. It's not even done.

This is clearly a textbook definition of a conspiracy. Well done.

I asked a very hypothetical question and got my responses, how you see this as a conspiracy is beyond me. But please by all means continue villianizing me.

12 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I don't know what to say, having 12/13 weapons and call it a flop? Looking at how hard you play, it's a considerable success since you chose to play the crap out of it instead of not touching it in the first place

29 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't know what to say, having 12/13 weapons and call it a flop? Looking at how hard you play, it's a considerable success since you chose to play the crap out of it instead of not touching it in the first place

Was a success is the operative word. When other changes were made, and changes requested go ignored, the experience became much less satisfactory. It has no real inventive for me to continue playing, also I had lucky RNG.

Edited by CuChulainnWD