Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: Empyrean, Feed Back. Are you Listening DE?

CuChulainnWD

I couldn`t agree more, DE really has been quite incompetent when it comes to feedback, even though it`s so plentiful in these forums.

Especially with the Lich system, which would be seemingly so easy to fix, and make better, but for some reason they just ignore every good idea that comes from here.

And as for a fix to all this, we can`t exactly do anything, unless DE pays more attention to our criticisms and acts on them, we will have to make do with the quality of content we have now, and hopefully pray that they will sometime in the future revisit these mechanics and finally make them achieve their full potential.

I get that they have bigger things to focus on these days, like Empyrean, but why release an update that`s sub-par only to (hopefully) improve it later? Why not release it, see the feedback, and focus on improving the system as much as possible for a certain time frame, before they move on to bigger things. The outcome just makes it look like they don`t care about the community, or that they don`t care about the update, either way, it`s a bad move.

Edited by Lightel03
cause I`m dyslexic
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lightel03 said:

I get that they have bigger things to focus on these days, like Empyrean, but why release an update that`s sub-par only to (hopefully) improve it later?

Personally I don't even see that as a reasonable excuse comparatively. Path of Exile is throwing out new leagues with new game mechanics every 3 months on the dot. New skills, increased boss difficulty, new items, balance passes, new end-game layout, new mini-chapter and cosmetics.

Then they're like "Ohh.. btw Path of Exile 2 should be next year." - A company with 1/3 the employees. Get Rekt.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Squick said:

In this thread: People who have never made a game in their life, nor known anyone who works in the industry, nor even bothered to read up much on the industry.

literally in the the post above yours

4 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Insulation never benefits anyone, at least not that I've ever seen in 15 years as a game designer.

• Like 3

Mark my words: Railjack will be another piece of content where they massively hype it up, promise it will not be another Island of Content, and then forget about it and leave it to rot in its own misery just like how they did with POE, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitrations....

5 years from now they will have added a few Corpus themed missions, and a few additional Grineer stuff and that's it. And survival and other core game mechanics will still be plagued with the same gameplay from 2014...

41 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

forget about it and leave it to rot in its own misery just like how they did with POE, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitrations....

Spoiler

rathhum

syndicates

"bosses" (vay hek) and boss reworks (phroid and friends)

defections

clans/dojo missions

liches

scanners

sharkwing

warframe lore (garuda and such)

the whole morality dark/light thing

infested zits and room

focus

operators

shield rework/shield gate

rivens

old/outdated mods

stealth gameplay

invasions

its a long list that just keeps going

• Like 4

Wow, so much to respond to, and so much I agree with. I think we all agree that DE has such vast potential with its ideas, that it is an awesome game, but it does have its flaws. Some of its flaws are rather ugly, and we agree that for many of those flaws,some have been around far too long to be given leeway any longer.

As I see it right now, for me the Old Blood is their Litmus test. DE showing us that they could  turn over a new leaf, and really prove that they still have what it takes to be a gaming company that is the "darling" of the industry. That means when they  released The Old Blood, they would see the FLUCKING thing through to its completion, as in it would have the challenge we asked for with relatively complete systems that are re playable and relatively polished. DE asked for our feed back. We gave it to them in spades. Much of what I have/had read has been brilliant, clever and on point. They would have satisfied the above criteria that I think many would agree DE would have got a pass on the Lich system and we would not be where we are today. Instead DE has chosen to be tight lipped and Radio silent. Giving us Lip Service, as I fear we may get yet again from Rebbeca on the Devstream.  The Old Blood is going to be treated like so many of the other DE projects of the past. Half Assed, Half Baked, Half  realised, Broken hot trash ala Garbauge  (Fake french spelling).

For all that, we get a Devstream that Reb did by herself that SHOULD have been done the week BEFORE, addressing all of our Lich system concernse. They did not do that. They half assed, half baked, half realised the devstream too. Wow I am sensing a trend here. Instead of course they are going to "Hypnotism" us with the coloured lights of Empyrean, hoping we forget about the Old Blood. Why the Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo should we forget about it. It has been advertised and something wanted for just under 3 years now. At least a year longer than Steve's dream baby Empyrean. If they could have shown us they turned a page and made Old Blood great as PROMISED and ADVERTISED, then maybe we would get behind Rail Jack, Now all we can really expect is another bug filled experience that if it fails may very well get left to the wayside. That there would break me heart.

DE needs a massive kick up its arse, and maybe, and I am hoping BUNGIE will do that. I have never played Destiny, but I sure hope they turn their game around too and challenge DE for its player base. Maybe then they will take notice because honestly, I feel like DE is treating its player base like the adults from Peanuts. They are not listening. They may hear us, and what they hear is "Whuah whuah waa whoha whaa whaaa whouhaa whaa waa"

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 3

I have real respect for DE.

They are the scrappy adventurer exploring the great unknown in uncharted jungles filled with ancient temples.

They ventured into the tomb of the live service at just the right time and found great treasure, but with the treasure came a terrible curse.

Their playerbase is full of ravenous locusts. They consume content at alarming rate, definitely faster than they could ever produce it. When they try to throttle them they complain about grind. When they let them loose they consume everything too fast and go hungry. When they rush they complain about unfinished ideas. When they don't they complain about a drought. They can't keep releasing new systems and then also iterating upon them because their workforce is not exponential, yet their playerbase demands both. If they talk too much they get in trouble (why aren't you keeping your promises DE!). If they talk too little they get in trouble too. They can't win. So they have to juggle all of this while trying to make money without being too scummy.

Also, now in the age of live service they themselves helped to bring upon us, players are continuously conditioned to expect perpetual games. I ask myself, how much playtime is reasonable to get out of a single game? 100 hours, 1 000 hours, 10 000 hours?

I can't wait for this whole thing to spin out of control and I won't mourn the day Warframe dies because everything has to come to an end. I only hope DE will survive to do something new because I feel like they're stuck with Warframe for a long time to come still, for better or worse.

Anyway, if you think Destiny or PoE or anything really will be your savior then think again. After hundreds of hours it will be the same, the spark will be gone and only bitterness will remain (the kind that leads to forum rants). Posts like these litter forums of those games as well.

PS: Old Blood is just fine. Just because I don't bother posting about it being fine on forums doesn't mean you get to run wild with confirmation bias. I represent the silent majority and I say it's been a resounding success. My data points? Don't need any, it's not like you have more than a few forums posts either. I too, mostly go to forums just to complain.

Edited by LocoWithGun
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-05 at 6:34 PM, LocoWithGun said:

They are the scrappy adventurer exploring the great unknown in uncharted jungles filled with ancient temples.

They ventured into the tomb of the live service at just the right time and found great treasure, but with the treasure came a terrible curse.

Their playerbase is full of ravenous locusts. They consume content at alarming rate, definitely faster than they could ever produce it. When they try to throttle them they complain about grind. When they let them loose they consume everything too fast and go hungry. When they rush they complain about unfinished ideas. When they don't they complain about a drought. They can't keep releasing new systems and then also iterating upon them because their workforce is not exponential, yet their playerbase demands both. If they talk too much they get in trouble (why aren't you keeping your promises DE!). If they talk too little they get in trouble too. They can't win. So they have to juggle all of this while trying to make money without being too scummy.

Also, now in the age of live service they themselves helped to bring upon us, players are continuously conditioned to expect perpetual games. I ask myself, how much playtime is reasonable to get out of a single game? 100 hours, 1 000 hours, 10 000 hours?

I can't wait for this whole thing to spin out of control and I won't mourn the day Warframe dies because everything has to come to an end. I only hope DE will survive to do something new because I feel like they're stuck with Warframe for a long time to come still, for better or worse.

Anyway, if you think Destiny or PoE or anything really will be your savior then think again. After hundreds of hours it will be the same, the spark will be gone and only bitterness will remain (the kind that leads to forum rants). Posts like these litter forums of those games as well.

PS: Old Blood is just fine. Just because I don't bother posting about it being fine on forums doesn't mean you get to run wild with confirmation bias. I represent the silent majority and I say it's been a resounding success. My data points? Don't need any, it's not like you have more than a few forums posts either. I too, mostly go to forums just to complain.

Thankyou for your insight. Whilst I can not disagree with what you are saying completely, there is an angle to every point you made. You say DE has a Damocles sword hanging over their heads, damned if they do and damned if they don't. That is true to a point.

However, DE also has a MAJOR issue with following the 7P's. They don't follow a plan or a guide that would help them see themselves through a project to a "relatively" polished, complete, entertaining replay value product. They have vast imagination and potential, but they HALF ASS half Bake the idea into the problems they create for themselves, and to me excusing them for their own mistakes and problems which they have had numerous years to correct is letting them off the hook too easy.  Clearly DE wants to continue to make Warframe as it is their baby and Steve has his dream he wishes to fulfill. I support him in that endevour. But Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo India November Golf Finish what you start too. There are way to many systems they create that are not fully realised or complete.

The vast majority of complaints that are legitimate are from people that do truly care about the future of this game and its potential. Many of these players are vets that were content with the end game content that was Tower Runs, or the old Raids. DE chose to forge ahead and explore new avenues and or realise the ultimate dream Steve has for the game. We did not ask for it, but we are along for the ride. DE just needs to get their act together. They DO have the staff size and requirements to see things through properly. DE should be earning our good will through their actions, by making the game in good faith like they used to. I too was the silent  majority until The Old Blood, that was my breaking point.  This game could go on for another decade if DE played their cards right. Instead over the past few months their practices have become a lot more shady instead of transparent as they once were. That too is on DE. The ball is in their court.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

Not really a think thing for myself. Both my accounts from Path of Exile and Warframe started 2013.
I've watched both games grow up and play both.

Path of Exile isn't perfect but they've done things that matter a huge deal to myself. They're punctual with updates, bug fixes and Support. They want to keep their veteran audience entertained because they know all players eventually become veterans and they've simply put my money to better use in growing the game.
Now if only they could ever server stability right... Then again I'm sure if Warframe had servers they'd be in the same boat... or worse.

• Like 4

At this point I'm probably dreaming, but I'd like to think that Empyrean will expand upon the current Lich system and hopefully improve it with all of the feedback that has been gathered. I never understood why Liches shipped separate other than to get content out while they finished the spaceships, but maaaaaybeeeee that feedback could be utilized here. I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Credit to whomever coined fractal grind earlier in this thread. It really does describe the Lich system well, and is also why I haven't partaken in it yet. That much grind is a hard nope from me. Think I'll get my forma and requiem collections stacked before I attempt it.

As for Empyrean itself, I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I think the intentions are there to be a decent bridge between the open worlds, regular starchart missions, and now space, but at the same time there's a decent chance it could be half baked like a lot of other ideas, and that's where the caution is.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-05 at 6:50 PM, CuChulainnWD said:

However, DE also has a MAJOR issue with following the 7P's. They don't follow a plan or a guide that would help them see themselves through a project to a "relatively" polished, complete, entertaining replay value product. They have vast imagination and potential, but they HALF ASS half Bake the idea into the problems they create for themselves, and to me excusing them for their own mistakes and problems which they have had numerous years to correct is letting them off the hook too easy.  Clearly DE wants to continue to make Warframe as it is their baby and Steve has his dream he wishes to fulfill. I support him in that endevour. But Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo India November Golf Finish what you start too. There are way to many systems they create that are not fully realised or complete.

No plan ever survives a contact with the enemy. Ever heard that one?

What are you still stuck in waterfall? Agile is all the rage man, minimum viable product and then you iterate. Or are you the kind of guy who spends half the alloted project time on documentation only to have to throw it all out when unforeseen problem arises or client requests some changes? See? I can do it too.

The fact that DE throws stuff at the wall to see what sticks is what makes Warframe what it is. They just iterate in the open instead of behind closed doors.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-05 at 7:37 PM, LocoWithGun said:

No plan ever survives a contact with the enemy. Ever heard that one?

What are you still stuck in waterfall? Agile is all the rage man, minimum viable product and then you iterate. Or are you the kind of guy who spends half the alloted project time on documentation only to have to throw it all out when unforeseen problem arises or client requests some changes? See? I can do it too.

Teh fact that DE throws stuff at the wall to see what sticks is what makes Warframe what it is. They just iterate in the open instead of behind closed door.

That maybe the way things USED to be done. People expect more from DE given the resources and projects DE has chosen to take on.

Being I am ex military, yes I have heard that one. The thing is DE does not even try and make plans. They literally throw stuff at a wall as you say. Enough is enough. If you do not care, mate that is all well and good for you. Some of us do still care, and have other stakes in the game. I invested my money into DE since Trinity Prime. It shines a different perspective compared to your now Laissez faire view of things. Bully for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

The problem here is that the whole point of the rapid releases from agile development is so that you can get your feedback and integrate it back into the software. There has been plenty of feedback. Almost all of it has been completely ignored. It's not even been given a "working as intended" rubber stamp response. Just plain ignored, leaving the current system a creaking mess in favour of the next 5-minute wonder.

This isn't agility, this is ADHD.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

The problem here is that the whole point of the rapid releases from agile development is so that you can get your feedback and integrate it back into the software. There has been plenty of feedback. Almost all of it has been completely ignored. It's not even been given a "working as intended" rubber stamp response. Just plain ignored, leaving the current system a creaking mess in favour of the next 5-minute wonder.

This isn't agility, this is ADHD.

DE can be stubborn (universal vacuum anyone?) and they do tend to avoid discussions when it's about something they've firmly decided on. So not even "working as intended" is imho a calculated move since it probably results in less backlash then saying "I disagree, this is what you get." Whether that is a policy or simple inclination I don't know.

Then there's the issue of the system not being used as intended. Does DE intend for people to grind their tits off to get and fully drain all lich weapons for mastery in a record speed? Probably not. And they're probably not gonna make changes to incentivize that (IE making kuva weapons rivens 2.0 suggestions). But they will also not straight up come out and say "Hey, you're doing it wrong!" because what good can come of that, really.

And DE has to keep the churn going. We might complain about stuff on forums but are anonymous masses willing to put up with delays on polished content? Well, I suppose only DE has the data to even begin to guess.

DE could certainly be more honest but they did get burned in the past. And it's not like the forum community is exactly welcoming as of late.

19 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

Mostly agree with this

theres S#&$ everywhere and not a whole lot has managed to stick

Form my perspective as someone who remembers there being a skill tree in the game and the game being pay to win. The entire game is build from the S#&$ that stuck.

Secondly, I learned not to dismiss every system just because I don't engage in it. There's surprising amount of people into various stuff in WF that I don't often come in contact with.

Thirdly I have a hard time determining whether something is "finished" or not. After the integration of Orb Vallis stuff into PoE I pretty much consider it a finished piece of the game. Some may disagree and I'm not entirely sure on how we determine who is right.

Edited by LocoWithGun
  • Like 3

On 2019-12-05 at 7:55 PM, FoxyKabam said:

Mostly agree with this

theres stuff everywhere and not a whole lot has managed to stick

Except now Steve has decided it is time to polish stuff and make them more unified. I can support that too. It would be nice if they did. Maybe diamonds can be found. IF DE actually follow through.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-05 at 8:23 PM, CuChulainnWD said:

Except now Steve has decided it is time to polish stuff and make them more unified. I can support that too. It would be nice if they did. Maybe diamonds can be found. IF DE actually follow through.

Sadly its likely many are going to be throwing out opinions on what should be focused on first, to where i believe that D.E. is going to have a `hard time` figuring out what they need to hose down first and then polish it into a respectable state.

Not exactly a quote but: If you have too many `past projects` that have to be addressed, then you better have a proper idea on what needs to be taken to the gem`polisher and what needs to be buried into the ground for good.

Because even if D.E. has to follow that MOBA logic of constantly releasing `new content` in a almost clock work fashion, they could honestly just rework older systems to take the place of that `new content`, which its not like D.E. has not been able to do in order to massive hotfix the heck out of Arbitations & Kuva liches, so they clearly have the capability to tweak and retune older content, where most only need value changes and some small under the hood, interaction tweaks. Its not like they need to bring in new textures, new voice lines or completely new mechanics into the content. Since if you were to give someone like me a list of stuff to polish, I am sure myself or someone of similar or better know-how can list out several ideas that could greatly improve the quality of the content, even if it would just be a small start towards getting it into a condition that most everyone will enjoy doing it.

Granted, if one wants some useful ideas to some ways that Warframe could tune itself, it could easily look towards other F2P games, especially a certain `recently made f2p one, for some useful content examples. That or use a very popular title that has been around for just as long as warframe has been, Which has been a smash hit despite being a japan only title, until next year in spring when it finally gets a global release (Yes i am talking about Phantasy Star Online 2).

• Like 5

On 2019-12-05 at 8:49 PM, Avienas said:

-snip-

Ayyep. Bingo. DE needs to get their priorities straight. I have no problem with Steve wishing to fulfill his dream projects. However if they took the time to fix the existing projects they have left to fester, they would have far future issues with their community when they take on something new, as we would be content playing with enjoyable replayable systems we currently have and be welcoming to the new content they introduce down the road. If Railjack is the unifying system that addresses much of these issues, then groovy. if not... then oh boy.,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LocoWithGun said:

It's not that cut and dried, either pro or con. I sincerely doubt except for very unique instances and occasions DE is sitting around cackling and dunking babies into boiling lava on top of their giant piles of ducats, but by the same turn they've been ignoring any feedback that entails steering away from Steve's Five Year Plan, even if it hurts the playerbase or completely skews game balance and playability, nevermind long term player investment; and that policy does not bode well for long term engagement.

The main issue here is most games are moving to this contextual scheme and WF is already here, so I would imagine they see very little reason to review their practices and approach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LocoWithGun said:

Form my perspective as someone who remembers there being a skill tree in the game and the game being pay to win. The entire game is build from the S#&$ that stuck.

From my perspective as someone who also remembers the pay to win skill tree, I once again agree with you. The entire game is built from the few S#&$s that managed to stick.

I am of the mind that maybe, we should stop throwing so many S#&$s, maybe, aim a little better before we throw and clean up the dart board a little more often when we miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Ayyep. Bingo. DE needs to get their priorities straight. I have no problem with Steve wishing to fulfill his dream projects. However if they took the time to fix the existing projects they have left to fester, they would have far future issues with their community when they take on something new, as we would be content playing with enjoyable replayable systems we currently have and be welcoming to the new content they introduce down the road. If Railjack is the unifying system that addresses much of these issues, then groovy. if not... then oh boy.,

Exactly, if they got the previous content completely straighten out in a satisfied way, then plenty of players could enjoy that content, like a proper `meal` in a sense, they enjoy the first taste and the after-taste once its over is good. This is kind of why i had satisfaction to an extent with content like Disruption, it allows a content that could be solo or done in a group, it allows rotations to be `accelerated` thru skillful playing such as listening for the demolyst and a setup to dispatch it fast, plus it has 3 PERFECTLY DESIGNED types of loot pools in different maps. Credits, Kuva and split up into more section, relics of various tiers, which are more locked to a specific tier, then the 2 tier relic fiasco mess, that makes up all the other rotation pools.

Its kind of why i wish content like Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival and so on could get expanded upon with special accelerating methods, Which would help promote active gameplay by giving players something to do to IMPROVE loot obtain-ment.

Well, if i used my previous knowledge from other games, Empyrean would need to do plenty of things for this unifying element including:

• Create a party-style Orbiter like section for the railjack, with extra ways to improve how missions can be done with more flow on them, Such as maybe allow people to run in separate instances and not be returned to the orbiter in a `disbanded party`, while also allowing ease of access to join on other team mate`s instances especially in a `lend some help` thing. Though might be pretty neat if they actually INVEST in that squad link system to let party members run in separate instances that they can do things to assist each other, Sort of like how one linked instance of survival could have more enemies spawn in it while another could do some `looter` type game mode where long as the other instance is doing the survival, barely any enemies will spawn in and both missions could pool the loot together for the entire group once they are both done with thar missions.
  • Include condensing currently needless-ly complicated systems like syndicates, void relic system, foundry, etc. Since if D.E. wants to unify systems, they need to chop out the tedious stuff and instead expand upon the main part of those systems to increase the appeal value when people are focused on those parts of the content. Seriously, Void Traces, Relic Sharing, The drama between the syndicates plus the tediousness of the `syndicate missions`, lack of multi craft que`ing, it just needs to be properly trimmed and dress the swines that represent each of them into proper attire.
  • Granted, same could be saying to solidify reward types in certain game modes. Mainly since D.E. has had a notorious habit of making plenty of its content be filled with Relics, when they could of just simply had certain content only give out tokens, but said tokens could be exchanged for various goodies(which D.E. could easily set a monthly purchase limit on some of them) and doing deeper runs could give drastically more tokens. Very least i find it a much easier to manage system then just having another relic farming simulator, which plenty just turn out to be not as worth-while to farm and once you got the weapon or mods from it, not much reason exists to even continue doing it, even for the Ephemeras, which now we have a easier way to obtain them, Kuva Liches, which some are even much better then blazing/seeding Ephemera. At the very least, it would let D.E. have a better way to make it so people go to certain content for certain things, not just another meh content that may only get used as an alternative Affinity farm or way to `cheese out` getting radiant relics. 

Anyway there is plenty of things i could likely say that D.E. COULD do to unify the game better, but i would feel like they will never take the route on any of them, despite doing such ideas could greatly improve the game, which means a better game means more positive players and more positive players mean they would spread the good word of warframe which could mean more players would join to play. Creating the proper cycle ANY online game shoud focus on, if they want to make profit, A popular game, is what generates revenue, should be that simple for any company honestly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Avienas said:
  • Include condensing currently needless-ly complicated systems like syndicates, void relic system, foundry, etc. Since if D.E. wants to unify systems, they need to chop out the tedious stuff and instead expand upon the main part of those systems to increase the appeal value when people are focused on those parts of the content. Seriously, Void Traces, Relic Sharing, The drama between the syndicates plus the tediousness of the `syndicate missions`, lack of multi craft que`ing, it just needs to be properly trimmed and dress the swines that represent each of them into proper attire.

I agree to a point regarding syndicates. I do not have a problem with them being in conflict with each other, I think that could be exploited more in mission. Not to say that we as Tenno would be forced to do something completely unethical, like the slave trade we have now with Lich's. Syndicates having more invested interests in the worlds we have now, like say New Loca interested in conservation. Arbiters hoarding secrets from spy missions. Red Veil influences on certain exterminate missions ala Grineer. The systems need more integration of the game as a whole rather than just being an access point on a console. I love the convenience, but it can also be a little more organic whilst retaining their lore angle.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Wouldn't entirely disagree but the feedback here suggests that the future isn't bright. This is coming from people who, like myself, have loved and supported this game. I have uninstalled the game and will not, of course, be spending any of my hard earned on this game in future. Not good for me or DE. I'd never say never again but it's very unlikely that I'll return to spend. Anyway, good luck.

It is a shame you have uninstalled the game. I appreciate you adding your voice. I am trying to get DE to listen, and change course. My passion for the game has not dimmed. I do see a future for DE with vast potential. That said DE does need to start self reflecting a little more, remembering where they came from, but also willing to make tangible changes to improve on what they have used to do and got away with.

It is no longer acceptable, and DE needs to understand that is not acceptable any longer to make and release half arsed half focused and half baked content then sweep it under the rug. DE needs to follow through. For me the OLD Blood was their Litmus test, and for me they are failing. They want our focus and attention on Empyrean, and I am asking why should we be excited for that, when we were excited for Old Blood and they failed.. YET again to deliver. That is on DE, and DE can make it all right. They just have to put their words to action and not kick the can down the road or sweep it under the rug as they used to tend to do.

Edited by CuChulainnWD