Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "The New War" Release Schedule...

TheCoolcg10

So while browsing the forums and Reddit, I am seeing a lot of people saying that "The New War" won't be coming until 2020 since Empyrean hasn't been fully released yet. Normally I would 100% agree, but after Tennocon 2019's New War trailer Steve mentions that "There was supposed to be title committing to Christmas." I know that things can change, but since DE NEVER gives release dates I fell pretty confident.

Likely everything you need to know. Devstream 134: Empyrean

Who: Rebecca is joined by the usual crew on the couch, and 2 more Devs from their work PCs!

What: This Devstream is dedicated to all things Empyrean – from the Dry Dock to Earth, learn about the core Empyrean Systems and Regions you’ll be venturing off to. Sit down and tune into the Devstream with your Crew – you won’t want to miss this!

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out.

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, December 6th, at 2 p.m.

Ask your Empyrean questions here – this stream is dedicated to giving you information about Warframe’s next major update!

2 hours ago, TheCoolcg10 said:

So while browsing the forums and Reddit, I am seeing a lot of people saying that "The New War" won't be coming until 2020 since Empyrean hasn't been fully released yet. Normally I would 100% agree, but after Tennocon 2019's New War trailer Steve mentions that "There was supposed to be title committing to Christmas." I know that things can change, but since DE NEVER gives release dates I fell pretty confident.

Yeah, dunno if they made that policy or learned from Duke Nukem Forever's extended development hell, which was followed by a lackluster release. Eventually, the DNF (Hm, irony? I think Not!) Devs just put "When It's Done" in the trailers and teasers. Either way, they don't give out release dates until the week of release, and even there it's a "We hope to release Update X by Date Z."

5 hours ago, Firetempest said:

"2 more Devs from their work PC"

This right here pretty much paints the picture that New War is 2020. If they can't even release Phase 2, as "only 1-2 weeks" apart, then there's no chance New War is. Unless DE get Phase 2 out on Friday, then there is no chance New War is out this year.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

32 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

No chance. Why release. Everything in one hit?. Phase 2(and 3 to follow) is enough for me.

because new war, new player experience and plains of durviri were the roadmap for 2019. Durviri was supposed to be "fall".

the New War, Christmas. 

I don't mind things getting delayed within reason. but to me I can only think railjack is delaying all of this heavy lore content. Personally I dislike that idea very much if it's in anyway true. 

Edited by Fire2box

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

If new war releases before 2020, ill eat my hat. Just saying

And I'll burn my Baro Keytar shirt. 

though it's more about him bringing utter junk these last 4 visits.

Edited by Fire2box

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I feel you should take a quick look at a calendar.

You really think DE have time to get New Out before the 20th?, sure they can release it that week, but it whuold be dumb to, as if they release it until 20th, they be barely any days left before the holiday to hotfix it. If you then, you have alot of faith that I don't.

Like I said, I am pretty sure the Holidays start around the 20th, if I read the Timedate stuff and such.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

10 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

If new war releases before 2020, ill eat my hat. Just saying

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Same here, but chance of that are low

*puts those quotes in noteblock*

Psi, this is your 2nd promisse regarding New War.

40 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And they never set a date for Duviri in the first place. Nor a "season of the year".

The video in that comment is timestamped, and it does show Steve mentioning it being targeted for Fall 2019. I'm just pointing out that DE have since changed the plan regarding that, and the change was made long enough ago that Fire2box doesn't really have an argument there.

45 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And they never set a date for Duviri in the first place. Nor a "season of the year".

im pretty sure they wont stretch duviri to 2021, that would mean the new war for the whole 2020, and they will lose their playerbase. but then again people dont understand what empyrian will give to warframe. and if done right it will blow away peoples expetations. thats why im all for waiting, there are tons of games to play inbetween

It is all but confirmed that Empyrean phase 2 will come out before New War. DE seems to be very close to releasing phase 2 and it's looking like the sentient mothership tileset seems to coming along.

Devstream 134 (which is today) will have the normal crew on the couch AND 2 more devs from their work desks. This makes me think that maybe they'll release phase 2 live on stream (So it'll be released today), of course odds are they'll just give us a release date for next week. I suspect we'll know when we're getting phase 2 by the end of the day. 

New War on the other hand:

Points for Soontm:

• We know a number of tiles are done.
  • The enemies seem to be working.
  • We've had news that Reb has been recording voice lines which we can assume are for the New War.
  • DE planned to have it out before 2020.
  • We saw a 'landing' animation in the works a while ago.

Points against Soontm:

• We don't know if the mothership tiles are all done.
  • We don't know if that 'landing' animation is complete. 
  • We know next to nothing about any cut scenes or any other animations.
  • We know nothing about any game modes.
  • DE seems to be focused on getting phase 2 out.

Overall we can expect Empyrean phase 2 relatively soon, however even if they released phase 2 today we really know how far along New War is. For all we know they could be ordering cake for the launch party or they could still be getting some textures done and animating. 

If you ask me, the change of these updates coming out before 2020 are:

Empyrean phase 2: 95%

New War: 50%

Empyrean phase 3: 5% (unless phase is New War in which case it's 50%)

Duviri Paradox: 0%

New New Player experience: 0%