The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring banshee back to her former glory

(XBOX)nFbSkittls

I love how the game is constantly evolving and changing but some things would be nice to be left alone for one banshees resonating quake why did that have to get changed? Also embers world on fire? I get they were slightly over powered but they are also only as good as the player makes them and when you put focus lenses into frames and then they get nerfed to almost unusable levels it is slightly upsetting so can DE please put Banshee and Ember back to there former glory

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Resonating quake was WAAAAAAAAY too broken. When A banshee came into a mission with that mod nobody else had a chance to do anything

Is it any different than when limbo comes into a mission and puts ought cataclysm? 
at least with banshee and resonating quake it was a lot easier to help new players level and when banshee comes in and kills everything you still get affinity unlike limbos cataclysm

1 minute ago, (XB1)nFbSkittls said:

Is it any different than when limbo comes into a mission and puts ought cataclysm? 
at least with banshee and resonating quake it was a lot easier to help new players level and when banshee comes in and kills everything you still get affinity unlike limbos cataclysm

Limbo's cataclysm Doesn't even deal enough damage to nuke a map . There was a time where it could but they nerfed that long ago

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Limbo's cataclysm Doesn't even deal enough damage to nuke a map . There was a time where it could but they nerfed that long ago

I was getting at the can’t do anything part of what you said but I have what I believe would be a better solution to make multiple sides happy make resonating quake so that if your in public matchmaking it stays as it is now and if your in invite only, friends only, or solo it goes back to its former glorying

Just now, (XB1)nFbSkittls said:

I was getting at the can’t do anything part of what you said but I have what I believe would be a better solution to make multiple sides happy make resonating quake so that if your in public matchmaking it stays as it is now and if your in invite only, friends only, or solo it goes back to its former glorying

Standing around while someone else does everything for you is very boring 

• Like 1

As someone who has mained banshee since i got my hands on her, i love that people think resonating quake was THE skill that made or broke her. Sonar damage multiplier all the way don't @ me.

Jokes aside, resonating quake was not good originally from a design standpoint, gameplay and a team play standpoint.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

My only real issue with the 'new' resonating quake is that it isn't really strong enough considering it's tiny duration.... that and the range nerf but we can live with that.

The irony in nerfing banshee for me was that a little while later they brought out the reworked saryn, we got gauss (which is pretty good nuke now with fire damage change).... and we still have equinox etc...

4 minutes ago, (XB1)nFbSkittls said:

What about this? make resonating quake so that if your in public matchmaking it stays as it is now and if your in invite only, friends only, or solo it goes back to its former glorying

IMO that would just make things needlessly complex. As a whole Banshee's kit needs to be looked at, she is way too squish atm and has very little in the way of easy CC or damage for how squish she is.

1 hour ago, (XB1)nFbSkittls said:

Please bring banshee back to her former glory

To what? To just stand still in the middle of the map with a single skill active and constantly killing everything? You call that glory, i call that a disgrace!

1 hour ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

When A banshee came into a mission with that mod nobody else had a chance to do anything

I would often just leave and try joining another squad. Even against a Saryn i have more chance of killing and having fun.

1 hour ago, (XB1)nFbSkittls said:

Ember back to there former glory

You didn't play the new Ember at all. And don't lie to us saying something else. The new Ember is way stronger than the old one ever was (not taking into account the damage 1.0 Ember. Because that one was insane...)

I will give you Banshee. But Ember? Play a Warframe before complaining about it.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You didn't play the new Ember at all. And don't lie to us saying something else. The new Ember is way stronger than the old one ever was (not taking into account the damage 1.0 Ember. Because that one was insane...)

I will give you Banshee. But Ember? Play a Warframe before complaining about it.

what are you talking about? ember was the second highest damage buffer in the game (banshee being No. 1). ember is now just a weak saryn, and is still even weaker than equinox, and mag.

8 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

what are you talking about? ember was the second highest damage buffer in the game (banshee being No. 1). ember is now just a weak saryn, and is still even weaker than equinox, and mag.

Don't know. Her 1 with augment still gives nice buffs. And now she can do way more then just buff. Instead of 1 semi useful skill she now has 3 or 4. Fireball is still a bit lackluster without augment.

No reason to change her back. She is in a better spot now.

17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Don't know. Her 1 with augment still gives nice buffs. And now she can do way more then just buff. Instead of 1 semi useful skill she now has 3 or 4. Fireball is still a bit lackluster without augment.

No reason to change her back. She is in a better spot now.

she had only 3 complains. 1. passive was bad. 2. squishy. 3. powers didnt deal enough damage. they didnt even need to drastically change her kit like they did. why?

1. new passive.

2. give her back overheat, not gauss micromanagment

3. was solved when they fixed heat damage as a whole.

the complaints she has now?

1. energy inefficient.

2. micromanagement annoyance.

3. LoS on fireblast

4. they removed accelerant (likely due to the change to heat damage would make it broken).

5. press 4 spam

6. fireball lost napalm effect

7. fireblast removes heat but costs way too much.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

new resquake is fine turns it into a spam ability instead of sitting there and getting marked as afk. Also now dont need to worry about duration anymore which in turn makes her stronger.

Embers new setup is superior to anything she had before with 2 on i can run around in any lvl mission with out hp/shield mods and survive while dishing out more damage then some other frames.

unfortunately the op resonating quake gave banshee a bad name, she went from a skillframe to mindless noob spam, 175% eff with 280% range would lock out the map at 150M+ range for 4 minutes

back in 2013, ontop of having strong base damage Sound Quake would do double damage when she wasnt the host ! this 4th ability has a undulating and somtimes sordid history

the problem was always damage, static spammy damage, which was then always removed making it slow down entire maps if ppl insisted on using it, but if u have sonar it does not seem balanced to have the premier damage ult

the only solution is to move away from damage and CC for soundquake to something unique that no other frame can provide but fits the theme of sound/acoustics (survivability, status infliction/armor reduction, "speaker sentry turret", wailing wraith team buff/enemy debuff)

1st gen ResoQuake might have made Banshee popular with the mainstream but it wasn't fun or engaging. I'd argue that that time period didn't help Banshee as much it solidified her image as a one trick pony, for challenges that over time became non-issues because of ever present power creep, not just in terms of damage but CC and survivability as well.

She's always been really good at two things general gameplay rewards/ed: Doing and helping people do crâploads of damage, and holding down an area. However, as the game evolved and dealing ridiculous amounts of damage became a trait of many frames, while crowd control at the same time lost its relevance due to said rise damage dealing, Banshee fell behind. The lack of comparable survivability, which has always been a hallmark drawback of her design, made her even less of a desirable option.

The thing is, this has been the case for a long time. I'd argue for about 5 years, maybe 6, interrupted by a short burst of meta flocking when ResoQuake was the flavor of the month. There are a few frames that DE never considers when thinking about reworks, and along with Trinity Banshee is one of those that always falls by the wayside, while frames like Rhino and Saryn get VIP access to Scotts or Pablos garage with ease. So, I don't have any hopes for her to be looked at even though she tends to sit at the bottom of the player usage lists year after year.

None of her skills, especially not SQ, needs to be replaced. All of them have basic functionalities that are useful and can be expanded upon to make them worthy of today's Warframe. I guess she's just trapped in a vicious cycle where her popularity has fallen too low for DE to spend money and time on her, which keeps her in the same spot while the rest of the field moves further and further away.