Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

On 2020-01-09 at 7:58 PM, Fordrim said:

I believe that if a Clan has a fully built Railjack, all Clan Members that can access the Rising Tide Quest should automatically have the parts pre-built.

This would allow Clan members to earn Intrinsic Points at an earlier stage than having to build their own Railjack to accomplish the Rising Tide and access the Railjack in their Clan Dojo.

It is really frustrating that my Clan members cannot access my Railjack because they have not completed the Rising Tide and thus they cannot gain Intrinsic Points which would have allowed them to use the Railjack to its full potential.

If Railjack is suppose to be a Co-Op mode between Tenno, then it should be treated as such.

I believe that Railjack has huge potential.

However, if forcing Solo Progress to research for the Rising Tide Quest is still implemented, then it becomes something that will cause many to become disheartened because they cannot progress alongside their Clan.

The research for the sigma parts is clan-wide, and new players can join railjack content from the navigation screen, not sure if you noticed the big railjack button in the top right.

railjack avionics 

Polar Coil

lavan drain 6   increase turret heat capacity by 56% 

zetki drain 11 increase turret heat capacity by 66% 

really???? increase turret heat capacity 10% and drains 5 points more?? this need to be looked at 

it should be drain 11 increase turret heat capacity by 100% or 110%

because it really do not make sense almost double the drain and 10% more on heat capacity not worth to use the zekti variant!

Edited by xmegarockx
  • Like 2

Particle Ram visual feedback

Please remove or reduce the effect of the particle ram as viewed from the gunnery seats. I love this mod as pilot but as a gunner it really gets in the way. Very distracting when moving around in 360 degree mode.

Not asking for a big change. Even just tweaking the transparency might be enough, and/or softening the color a bit.

• Like 2

I've now played this mode a lot. You have one significant issue that no amount of balancing can fix: capacity is based on random reactors.

This is fundamentally the wrong thing to be a dice roll, because it kills the build community that is critical to warframe.

DE, look at your YouTubers - look at their videos. They're all about builds. Here's an amazing heavy build for the new Pennant, there's a crit build for the Baza Prime. People watch those videos because they can go and try out those builds too. Maybe they need to work on getting prime mods, maybe they need 1 random component (a Riven), but that build is relevant to them.

Because Railjack capacity is random none of that matters. Nobody cares about anyone else's railjack builds. We can't can't build them. We can't aspire to build them.

This kills your build community dead DE.

Seriously DE, go through your partners and remove every video where they're sharing a build their viewers could try. That's what you have left.

To fix this we need reactors, capacity to be predictable. It can be a long slog like the Hema or building focus, but it cannot be random.

I know you love the dice rolls, but a big part of your game's longetivity is the variety and depth of builds for weapons and frames. None of that is there for Railjacks.

We go from all using the same Lego bricks and sharing builds to throwing dice at our own tables.

My suggestion to fix this: 

But it just needs to be predictable. When Brozime, or Tactical Potatoe, or MCGamingCZ, or Lezar Gaming, or GHS, or AGGP, or any of them shows their railjack build I have to be able to think: yeah I could give that a go. As it stands nobody cares about anyone else's build. Oh, you got lucky, so what?

You have loads of other balancing and economy issues, but they're tweakable. This is fundamental to Railjacks right now, and no matter what else you do this is critical - your community is all about builds, not bragging about dice rolls. Nobody cares that you won big, we're here for the ideas we can play with too.

Fix capacity or your community dies with railjack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xmegarockx said:

railjack avionics 

Polar Coil

lavan drain 6   increase turret heat capacity by 56% 

zetki drain 11 increase turret heat capacity by 66% 

really???? increase turret heat capacity 10% and drains 5 points more?? this need to be looked at 

it should be drain 11 increase turret heat capacity by 100% or 110%

because it really do not make sense almost double the drain and 10% more on heat capacity not worth to use the zekti variant!

This isn't just polar coil, and it isn't just lavan vs. zetki. There's a whole pile of avionics that have an X cost variant and then an X+5 cost variant that is only mildly better.

I think it's probably necessary in the current avionics capacity system, so that those who get lucky enough to get good reactors have a power increase but not a dramatic one.

P.S. Also note that as with many avionics there is also a Vidar variant for Polar Coil which adds almost as much as the expensive cost versions while costing only a fraction of the capacity, at least in a fully upgraded space. It is very clear that not only is cost vs power not linear, it is not even necessarily proportional. There's a wide range of efficiency based on mod rarity, how much you've upgraded your base slots, and how much avionics capacity you are lucky enough to roll.

Edited by rstripn
Added PS

12 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Because Railjack capacity is random none of that matters. Nobody cares about anyone else's railjack builds. We can't can't build them. We can't aspire to build them.

I think you're exaggerating a bit.

If what you want is to basically copy/paste someone's build, sure, that can be an issue.

But what you can do is to understand what they are trying to do with that build, and build your own adjusting based on what you have and don't have.

Builds don't have to be 100% the same to function, you just need to more or less follow what they are trying to accomplish.

If you think about it, it's not that much different from Warframes. Some mods are incredibly hard to get. Others you have to wait for Baro weeks and weeks for him to bring what you need. Difference of course is that you can just buy what's missing with plat from someone else. Which, assuming that what Scott said still holds, you will be able to do with wreckage.

I mean, imagine someone casual that started playing Warframe a few weeks ago trying to use a Youtuber recommended Warframe/weapon build .. good luck with that.

Can we kill the ungodly camera shake after destroying a Crewship's reactor? After experiencing that once, I felt physically ill. If the poor drops isn't enough to kill off Railjack, making your players feel like vomiting will.

• Like 1

Just now, Zyion said:

Can we kill the ungodly camera shake after destroying a Crewship's reactor? After experiencing that once, I felt physically ill. If the poor drops isn't enough to kill off Railjack, making your players feel like vomiting will.

You can disable that under options somewhere.

• Like 1

Railjack is a nice mode to play, but I do havethis one issue that is really bothering me lately:

Mission variation: Currently, every node is an extermination mission, and depending on the node, there is a bonus small side objective. This has become incredibly repetitive, I would very much so incentivize the creation of nodes that are dedicted to a bigger and better version of the current side objectives. Perhaps you can make these special nodes endless modes, those would make for a very helpful and fun addition to Railjack.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

You can disable that under options somewhere.

But I never had this problem before the latest patches. Something DE did turned the camera shake up to 11, and people shouldn't have to adjust their settings because DE way over dialed something that shouldn't have changed.

I have some suggestions.

1. When the Railjack booster bar (speed/stamina bar) is empty it should toggle off boosting and start refilling. 

2. Railjack configuration console in the dojo. The equipment tabs. (1st idea) It would be nice if the weapon random stats were just on their weapon icon or at least didn't require hitting tab to see it in the hover details. (2nd idea) When scrapping an item in a long scrollable list, the list should stay in the same location. I'd like it if it put a blank square for the scrapped item and no resorting of the remaining wreckage. The current resorting requires more hover-tab spamming every time an item is scrapped. (3rd idea) New wreckage and new dojo Sigma crafted equipment should indicate they're new with the label "new" and maybe have a distinct color. That indication should stay on the item until the player views the specific category and starts a new railjack mission. So "new" things can have that label long after acquiring it. Sorta like the "new" label for mods on the orbiter mod console. (4th idea) Would be handy if duplicate wreckage (like a few Zetki Cryophon Mk III) were ordered from greatest to lowest rolls.

3. Those structures in missions that have objectives should stop shooting out ramsleds when the objective is completed for it.

4. Tactical menu (L key) shouldn't have loot radar. Or it shouldn't show loot that was already collected.

5. Crewships shouldn't fire or launch a ramsled after exploding.

6. Codex listings should mention the damage type that Railjack enemies are dealing. When I don't know their damage, I am uncertain how helpful the damage resistance avionics are and never use them.

7. I think the pilot of the Railjack needs indicators for players inside crewships.

8. The flipped glyph on the other side of the Railjack looks odd for glyphs with letters/numbers. I think it shouldn't be flipped.

9. Pulling up the tactical menu (L key) should put the mouse pointer in the middle of the screen to cut out the pointer hunting. Similar to gear wheel and emote wheel.

• Like 2

Hopefully somewhere in these 38+ pages, someone has suggested that we are given the ability to scrap the wreckage items mid-repair. Not giving us ways to get more wreckage slots over 30 is whatever, but when you force us to build something that we no longer want and wait 12 hours for it just to delete it is not a good idea. Especially combined with not allowing us to have more wreckage slots.

• Like 2

I have very little hope of someone from DE actually reading this but here we go.

Been playing Warframe for 6+ years, MR28, over 1200 hours. After everything you guys did wrong: Plains, Fortuna, Liches, etc. This is it. I refuse to play this stupid update anymore. Why? Simple: completely unbalanced and broken.

1) RNG stats for Railjack parts. In 27.0.10 you said that refunding parts will give 80% instead of 50% and this is just a really bad joke. You'll do God knows how many missions for a single reactor, shield or motor you want and when you think you FINALLY got what you were interested in, you craft it; only to find out that the next mission you do it just drops something better and now you are stuck with something that is crafting AND CANNOT CANCEL and even when you do, it won't give you all of your resources back. That "risk vs reward" thing you are trying to do it's complete and utter bullS#&$. It's like you are literally trying to keep us playing Railjack with this bullS#&$ mechanic. This is one of the WORST decisions you've ever made in the history of this game (same thing goes for weapons btw).

2) How the lore was handled. Spawning a sentient ship every 2h45m for 30min and you just have to try your luck in getting the Shedu or be forced to wait almost 3 hours to try and get it again (and that drop percetange is god awful). It's worth mentioning that the first days of the update this was hidden and there was no info out there whatsoever. Literally search for it, not knowing what the hell is going on and too bad for you if you didn't bring your Paracesis with you. Even though this was "fixed" (I use this term loosely) it's still worth pointing it out.

3) Intrinsics. This is tied with the RNG stats for worst decision. Just thinking about the GRIND you have to do to reach level 10 for each group of the Railjack makes me curl up like a ball and die. In order to level up everything to level 10 you will need 4000~ points. Absolutely abyssmal. Your sorry excuse of "making this the way it is just to make the update last" is such a kick in the balls, almost literally. You pretty much acknowledged that the only way this update will last is if you make this mechanic (and the ones I mentioned above) as grindy as possible while pretty much removing any amount of fun you could have while playing. EDIT: forgot to mention the ability of being able to earn more intrinsics once you maxed out all branches. Just why? What made you think this was a good decision? You basically told us that the command branch is NOT coming anytime soon. Bravo.

4) General things. Vacuum, the amount of resources you get per mission, how you had to refine just before finishing a mission WITHOUT even mentioning it (this was fixed but c'mon, how could you let this slide?) weapons drops like Pennant (which still has its combos broken) and the Quellor were not global drops back then (same reason as earlier stated).

And who knows what else I'm missing apart from bugs still happening (though you already know this I pressume).

Edited by Rocker

I think it would be better to make the Avionics slots you enhance by dumping tons of Dirac into reduce the cost of the Avionic in that slot as well as boost it a bit.

Right now reactors have a disparity between avionics capacity and flux capacity. On one hand, not needing to replenish flux often is nice, but on the other, in order to have things that use flux installed, you have to have heaps of capacity, since your passive avionics take most of it. Meanwhile we have an upgradeable grid that's only purpose is to boost avionics ranks beyond maximum without adding additional cost. Oftentimes it's negligible unless you have the best version of the mod installed, and usually that's when you need the high capacity reactors, IF you get one.

There's also the problem of the RIDICULOUSLY OVERSIZED roll range on the shield arrays and reactors. You can get a Vidar Mk3 reactor that has +32 capacity, or one that has +92 capacity. That is atrocious, especially when the base Sigma Reactor Mk3 is +50 avionics capacity. EVERYTHING from Veil Proxima should have more than that, not just Vidar reactors, but Zetki reactors too. As it stands, the RNG of Shield Arrays and Reactors needs to be tighter. This is coming from someone who has been using a shield array that's a Lavan Mk2 with +672 shields for 3 weeks because nothing that's dropped has been better. Even Lavan Mk3s have been HUNDREDS less than the Mk2 I have. It is abhorrent that something with an obvious tie to upward progression (Mk1 -> Mk2 -> Mk3) has a sizable potential to be a downgrade. 

Edited by NoggDog117
Added a lot.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Builds don't have to be 100% the same to function, you just need to more or less follow what they are trying to accomplish.

I'd agree if the difference was small, but it's ½. Best reactor you can progress to is 50. Dice rolls give up to 100.

Imagine if Orokin Reactors were as rare as Legendary Cores (also a 2% drop from 30-45mins high-end content) but randomly gave between 0 (as these reactors can be less than 50) to 30 on a dice roll.

Difference of course is that you can just buy what's missing with plat from someone else. Which, assuming that what Scott said still holds, you will be able to do with wreckage

If they did that right now 100-roll reactors would be changing hands for the same amounts as god-roll rivens, probably more. I'd guess 2000-5000 plat.

And DE have said time and time again that they don't want toxic inflation. That's why they nerf those god roll rivens all the time. They want a riven for a Rubico or Tig Prime to be a nice-to-have, not a requirement.

And reactors are a base requirement.

I mean, imagine someone casual that started playing Warframe a few weeks ago trying to use a Youtuber recommended Warframe/weapon build .. good luck with that

That's exactly what I did when I started, and loads of the build community cater for that. Just look at, say, https://www.youtube.com/user/LeyzarGamingViews - every video has beginner friendly builds (even for Kuva weapons) going right up to great riven rolls.

If you don't have Voltaic Strike, or Argon Scope, or Primed Anything it doesn't really matter, that build is still relevant. As you said, it doesn't "have to be 100%". You can swap out some mods, tweak it to fit you.

Rivens break this, but they also get nerfed so they remain non-essential perks. Rivens can make a mediocre weapon hold its own, but are just tweaks for the weapons that are already great. DE have worked quite hard to try and keep it like that (and they don't always succeed).

It's like we're all building with Lego - we might have different bricks, but what we do is relevant to each other. Railjack is us all rolling dice at different tables and every now and then someone shouts "I got 100" and nobody cares.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

I really like what RJ can become. There are some things that bother me within the current setup of things and others with the VEIL missions especially.

*Gunner is super underwhelming unless you have high Intrinsics in gunnery.

*The ship is not very fluidly laid out. It is awkward to jump into the rails in the middle part of the RJ, especially.

*The little gliches such as UI and things sometimes not showing up for certain players or leaving other player unable to interact with guns or anything is probably being looked at.

*The Veil missions with especially the Sentient ship is a huge let down. Sentient ships should spawn during a longer time period and only after the entire mission is done. Special reward containers should be removed and have a slight drop chance after the mission is completed.

People go directly for the sentient ship which is awful for people just spawning in and if the containers arent there, they abort, leaving me with a half done sentient ship on which I already lost half the rewards on and anyone who joins will leave immediately.

Please fix this.

• Like 1

We got 3 houses for Avionics, get em balanced like u did it for Ion Burn

one house for low capacity but high % per capacity and lowest %

one house for mid capacity but mid % per capacity and mid %

one house for high capacity but low % per capacity and highest %

why did u do stuff like Hyperstrike?

It looks like the concept for RJ is to do teamplay (like everything else in wf), that works within clans, that also works with recruited mates (even there is no real squadfinder...thats the BIGGEST problem at a game that want you to play as squad) but that doesnt work with rng teams most of the time. At starmap missions we dont care about, cause the powercreep is already that high (and you did it that way) to do all the stuff without the need of others. With RJ you tried again to get us into teamplay but again dont give us the tools to do it.

At the end we are already at the point our power is that high to finish it without the need of others (even if it takes some time, but you will power creep that up) cause some tools for RJ are already broken (like immortal AW or the enemy ai that isnt able to get you inside of a asteroid, but at the other side, the matchmaking is so broken i end up alone or with a small squad i need that broken tools to finish the mission.)

All i want is to do some quick missions, thats why i like to just hop into and have fun. Like i said, that work with starmap, but for railjack, i better go alone.

Rng based gear, im half-fine with it, cause even with the basics i could do the highest mission, but when i get rng gear, id like it to be better than the basic, it could have lower stats like lower capacity for reactors but it should have a bonus that equals it at least. And may balance the drop rate according to its own rng stat, if the rng has a high range it should drop more often. It is a different way, stick to rare drops without rng or go for rng stuff that drop more often, over all players the time to get the best may align.

Missions for now, get em mixed up more, there you could add a rng. Randomize the amount of ships to kill, 0-120 fighter, 0-8 cs, 0-3 objectives ... but still spawn in ships/cs/stations even if we dont need them just to spice it up.

I know this isn't as big an issue as other things regarding railjack (the rng, balancing etc) but it would be nice to have a little more feedback in response to taking damage. The sound design for the rest of railjack is fantastic but honestly it feels underwhelming to be under fire and just seeing the shields/health bar going down. A good comparison would be the sound design of Elite:Dangerous. When your shields go down, sparks start flying as you take fire and there's the sound of rounds, shells, lasers etc smashing into your hull. I helps you feel that you're flying a ship and not just looking through a camera with guns

33 minutes ago, Morbidly_Obese_Ninja said:

I know this isn't as big an issue as other things regarding railjack (the rng, balancing etc) but it would be nice to have a little more feedback in response to taking damage. The sound design for the rest of railjack is fantastic but honestly it feels underwhelming to be under fire and just seeing the shields/health bar going down. A good comparison would be the sound design of Elite:Dangerous. When your shields go down, sparks start flying as you take fire and there's the sound of rounds, shells, lasers etc smashing into your hull. I helps you feel that you're flying a ship and not just looking through a camera with guns

There are explosions and showers of sparks in the ship as it takes hits, but they’re usually soundless/quiet (and not visible while in a turret or the pilots seat). I see them while moving around in the ship, though it would be kickass for it to be more visceral, definitely.

In fact, having the ship rock under fire would be neat—but probably only for things like a Tunguska-equivalent hit from an enemy ship (regular crew ship hits aren’t potent enough, but if they had a big gun, it would rock the ship)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Railjack is great , it is.....truly. for a demo of a game...a trial 

90 % of what was shown for railjack is not in the game yet . And yeah sure it can be fun clearing out the planet nodes , and upgrading the railjack a bit, but lets be honest there about 5 to 10 hours of content there .

After that as it is now . why would i (anybody) come back and play more ?  to kill the same 90 fighters over and over , and get nothing but more resources as mission rewards?

Right now there is no reason for people to play railjack who played it even a little bit , coz there is nothing to grind for ( AND SINCE YOU CAPED INTRINSICS THERE IS TRULY NOTHING) . if you said you are gonna put up a demo of railjack so people can have a taste of what it will be . sure fine with me .

But you saying its gonna be something so grand on release  and it turning out to be a small ISLAND . is just......a bad move , to be polite

• Like 2

To put it simply, my problem with Empyrean is that it doesn't provide the Warframe experience that has kept me coming back to this game for seven years.

There were many aspects that made me want to download and play Warframe, but I think the main things were definitely the warframes themselves and the gameplay. Having a game mode that takes the focus away from the warframes, the shooting, the powers and the parkour doesn't feel necessarily bad, but it does feel like something that is not Warframe.

For example, in standard Warframe, gear is your main motivation for everything. You want better gear in order to handle stronger enemies and you want new gear that allows you to do things you couldn't do before. Having more warframes, more mods, more weapons and more builds also means you get to pick the config that is best suited for specific missions. And that adds a lot of variety to the game.

However, Empyrean doesn't really care about anything you've done in Warframe, so all of that variety you get from gear is lost almost entirely. Does it matter if it's a rank 30 Ivara Prime piloting the railjack instead of rank 0 Excalibur? No. Does it matter if you have the most powerful weapon in the game instead of a MK1 Braton? Not really, you can just use the turrets or fix the ship. Does it matter if you're insanely good at parkour? Nope, you barely even have room to jump. Does it matter if you've been playing Warfame for seven years? Not at all, it's a different game!

In a sense, Empyrean is the "Warframe 2" DE kept saying they were never going to do. A game mode that disregards your time spent as a Warframe player and your investment in it. I hope Duvuri will recapture some of the things that made me fall in love with Warframe.

• Like 1

Few more suggestions.

1. Seeker Volley. All rockets launch at the angle the railjack faced when the ability is cast. I would like to be able to spin like a noob and see the rockets fly in all directions.

2. 99% of the loot in railjack missions get the fancy "rare resource" popup. It can't all be rare. This can cover the default position of chat for a lot of the mission. I only wanna see popups for rare avionics that have high possible ranks and battle avionics and the very rare tactical avionics. I would not mind all the resources showing up in the default bottom position. None of the resources make me say "yes, got it!" The feedback speed would be a nice QOL improvement. The waiting for those popups can drag on to see what was looted.

3. I think the Focus Buff shouldn't spawn in anything except Grineer/Derelict/Anomaly structures during railjack missions. And if it's more than 500m away from a player, don't display the marker for that player. 

4. When there is an objective for "destroy the radiator" on the outside of a Grineer structure, the marker is only visible for about 1800m. I suggest that marker distance be infinite except for people inside structures.

5. I hate the Tactical "Form Up" avionic ability. I joined a public group where someone was using it liberally as I'm trying to kill crew ships. It's like Loki mass teleport trolling. It needs changing.

6. The Artillery target reticle blocks too much of the target. Especially when charging the shot. I think it needs simplifying to see things better.

7. I think we should be able to SCRAP our starter Sigma Shield Array/ Sigma Engines/Sigma Reactor/Apoc/Pulsar and get zero resources. If people want them, maybe they can be available on the dojo railjack research console after acquiring a railjack.

8. I would like the Tactical menu (L key) to position the Railjack map in the SAME position on the screen (assuming I'm on the Railjack) every time I use it. It moves up or down depending on my position in the Railjack. I just wanna click on the teleport icons and if they're in the same spot each time, that would be great. Now if I'm tabbing to other players in Tactical Menu, it's fine if the map centers on their position (just not for me for tactical teleporting reasons). I mostly zip to and from the front and back.

9. Crewships seem to be invulnerable decoys in solo mode. I think enemies should be able to do something about that. Maybe they can destroy it, reclaim it or ignore it when there are no players in it.

• Like 2

DE can we please be able to aim our guns when piloting the Railjack on PS4/Xbox ,  I understand we need r3 and l3 for steering the ship, but maybe by adding , hold L1 to only control the guns with R3,,  leaving L3 to move the ship to the side. That may the player can fly as is, then hold L1 to take more control of guns when shooting..  ,,,,,,besides that this update is fun, beautiful , but a little grindy… But thank you and I hope you keep Adding to this mode....

2 hours ago, PeaceKeeper123 said:

2. 99% of the loot in railjack missions get the fancy "rare resource" popup. It can't all be rare. This can cover the default position of chat for a lot of the mission. I only wanna see popups for rare avionics that have high possible ranks and battle avionics and the very rare tactical avionics. I would not mind all the resources showing up in the default bottom position. None of the resources make me say "yes, got it!" The feedback speed would be a nice QOL improvement. The waiting for those popups can drag on to see what was looted.

Here's the thing.

As an engineer, knowing what resources are available at any given moment is crucial to micromanaging flux, revolite, dome charges and ordnance. With that in mind, having an obvious signal for those resources is great for my job, so I know when I can pop off the forges to keep up supplies.

That said I don't see any reason why trachons, brachoids, gallos rods and titanium can't be relegated to the middle pickup bar like everything else, since they're relatively common. (Asterite stays as is, it's ridiculously rare) But keeping pustrels, copernics, cubics and carbides as a "rare resource pickup" is pretty much a must.

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose