Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

If anyone remembers the good old space shooters (X-Wing, Tie Fighter), one crucial thing was the ability to match speed with the target. That made dog fighting in those games very satisfying.

Just a tip for the future, because right now trying to shoot enemies whizzing by around you is a crapshoot.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-17 at 12:19 AM, CedarDpg said:

4) Can you also have living companions stop "following" us when we disembark from the Railjack in space? We should be teaching them that the vacuum of space isn't very conducive to living. Every time I leave the Railjack my Kavat is listed as "DEAD"...and magically resurrects when I board the Railjack.

They still die (presumably, by exploding along with the crew ship) and remain dead when I return to the Railjack, which gives me grief.

Edit: But then magically resurrect when I board another crew ship

Edit 2: Please, make it stop auto-rotating my Railjack relative to the virtual horizon, there is none and neither do I want or need it.

Edited by Bouldershoulder
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

They still die (presumably, by exploding along with the crew ship) and remain dead when I return to the Railjack, which gives me grief.

Edit: But then magically resurrect when I board another crew ship

Edit 2: Please, make it stop auto-rotating my Railjack relative to the virtual horizon, there is none and neither do I want or need it.

The concept of a galactic north exists, which could be interpreted as what you are aligned to. However, games that use this mechanic either show this through UI or allow you to reallign you on demand (by pressing a button).

Auto-realignment has got to go.  

• Like 1

As much as a like Railjack, there are too many bugs. Like way too many. Examples:

1). Loading into a Railjack mission after stepping out as your Tenno before even starting sometimes causes the Tenno to be stuck in a sort of non-mission stance. Like I can’t use abilities but I’m invincible. No void dashes, nothing. As awesome as it was to constantly revive my teammates, my Tenno was completely useless. 

2). trying to get off the turrets just for the game to put me back on them. Now that gets real annoying, especially when time is of the essence. Hard to rely completely on your crew, friends or not, so being stalled by such a bug gets really annoying really fast. 

3). railjack avionics keep getting removed and capacity staying at 0. Now please think before responding to this specific one. It is definitely a bug. When ever I go to my avionics to scrap or upgrade the grid, most of my avionics get removed and my capacity remains at zero. Then after reloading back into the dojo(multiple times) it fixes itself and I have to put all my avionics back on. Finally got Bulkhead Zekti, I really do not need this happening constantly. Sometimes returning to the dojo helps but not always. Sometimes this bug persists and my only solution is to keep leaving and returning. Sometimes I’ve closed the app but it didn’t always work. 

There are many more bugs that interfere with the missions and forces us to abort. Being able to return from the railjack mission without aborting has helped sometimes when the mission itself becomes bugged and can’t be completed, but sometimes you can’t return from the mission at all either. And #3 happened during a sentient invasion so it really messed things up. Luckily I didn’t find anything important, otherwise this would be a rant. 

Now maybe this is just a console thing and the update to fix these bugs is just around the corner but my patience is running thin. Nobody else wants to even play warframe right now because of these bugs. Glitches been happening on regular missions way more often too ever since this Empyrean update. Really hard to enjoy a game that is so buggy. Never in the 3.5 years of playing this game have I ever came across this many bugs. The 3 I mentioned above are just the most common I’ve encountered. But there are way more. I really hope something gets done about them, and soon. 

The idea is very cool, the teamplay is really nice and fresh to a game where is nearly non existant, i want it this. game to grow, it's awesome, i don't want to be another archwing... you know what.
I think that Battle Avionics spoils the game to a point that should be removed, or at least should be more for utility instead to be a must to end the mission or at least end if faster.

What i think it should be done, change the way Gunner points are used, meaning, should be crucial to finish a game.
Remove RNG from weapons and make unics weapons with mods. simple, we know how it works, DE will keep doing a load of money out of this.

Then... there will be Prime Photor, Prime Cryophon... whatever... right

TO BE IMPROVED

a) 1.5 seconds of invulnerability after exiting the Railjack\Crewship\Whatever we are into while doing a mission. can't die from exiting.

b) the animation while at the forge in Railjack. too long,in terms of gameplay, it has to be faster, i'm sorry for the animation team, they did an awesome animation, but it's too loong, too time consuming for this trivial yet crucial step of the game, and i'm ok with the loading for crafting, it's ok as a game aspect of the game, just need tweaks.
what if it's on the background while we start clicking to refill the payload?

c) smoother control over our Railjack, it's nice to have a boarding system in our Orbiter (even if i thought we would in time have lost our orbiter or docked inside the Raijack and had finially our home in there, well it's a battle ship, but large enough for us to stay in it)
We need a terminal inside the Railjack (there are many, this one should go offline while in mission) where we can improve our ship as we do in the Dry Dock, but faster, all those loading screens, the bullet jumps to get to the ship, i think it's not in the Warframe playstyle, this game is more about speed than this) 

d) Animation when getting into ship (at the dry dock) give us an option in game menu to skip automatically.

e)Loot MUST be picked up no matter what and (MANDATORY) to be shared in party.
Refilling the ship while in battle is cool, makes you manage resources, using what you get from the current mission.
AFTER the mission is ended, all should be filled automatically, i would prefer "for free" but it's ok even if taken automatically from the ship owner resources.

cheers

RNG is way too random on components. You may claim it's for "player choice" but it's not a choice if there's simply a better version of what you got.

It is alright to use RNG on obtaining an item, but it shouldn't be RNG on top of RNG. To be quite honest, this seems like player acceptance was tested with Rivens and now we've got this mess of a "system". 
This isn't fun, this is just artificial content to keep players from finishing their builds.

I fear that, rather than engagig them, players will burn out on the grind. Please step back and rethink what you're trying to achieve with this.

more thoughts on the railjack itself:

• more booster efficience and/or capacity - even with every bonus there is for the booster it's far too weak.
  • better vacuum, maybe even more as avionics. it seriously is a pain in the arse to search for all the loot drops after fighting of a score of fighters - even if you don't move the railjack at all, the loot often flys off in great speed (maybe remove the physical effect from it?). or you could make loot in space to be auto-collected regardless of distance (after a kill though, not loot from astroids, junk and such)
  • a map for each node - in 2D is enough since most things in each node are 'static' poi's anyway - 'dynamic' ones don't need to appear on such a map. please also make an appropriate loot and enemy system on the minimap (if we not getting better loot vacuum and a radar system for the ship)
  • the tactical map is all nice and well, but there is a dire need of some kind of minimap while at the help or in the gunner seats - a status of the crewmember too - let the tactical view be just for what the name suggest: for tactical operation (still with the information ofc, otherwise it would be useless)
  • a better way to assign crew roles
  • a radar like almost every space sim/shooter has since ages (you don't need to re-invent the wheel, just copy it!)
  • a way to 'lock on' targets (no, bot the missile lock on, that one can stay as it is but maybe a bit more visible)
  • make targets 'markable' from the pilot and the gunner seats
  • change the 'forward speed burst' to the actual way one is driffting - or remove it complete and instead make the drift fast for it
  • automatically restock all payload when entering the dry dock or better yet after each mission - it still can be retracted from ones resources though
  • don't auto scrap wreck parts - seriously who though that would be a good idea? either force us to choose what to keep and what to wreck after each mission or don't let us start another railjack mission if we run over the limit - you have this system at work with riven mods already, so use this here to. also, show how much slots we have free for wrecks since it's tiring to always counting this manually...
  • about every animation in the railjack is far to long - they do look good, yes, but after seeing them hundreds of times when under pressure of a fight get totally on ones nerves. speed them up (a lot!) or make them 'optional' (meaning default is on and whoever gets sick of watching them can deactivate them.
  • let the host allow other player to use the navigation console (or forbid it - which should ofc stay the default option). this could help with some of those bugs that can cripples the host into a position where the nav-con isn't useable anymore forcing the host at least to abort the mission (with all the consequences to this)
  • a sophisticated space ship without any kind of countermeasure against enemy missiles? why is that? no wonder the orokin are gone... really, there some things a space ship should always have and some kind of ECM-system is one of them. why don't you add some more parts to the component section - that way we got even more parts and resources to farm - yay! just play some space shooters to get 'inspirations' ^^)
  • the boarding mechanics both for us and the enemies are a bit... boring and basic. it would be nice to spice those up a bit - like them ramsledges needing a few sec to open the door (like we know they do from all the invasion missions ^^) and us being able to kick the whole thing back into space (and maybe by doing so getting suck out right behind it or being required to omni-tool the consequent hull-rupture when doing this). the sling shot system is good, but we should be able to watch in a 360° angle while in it and able to mark the target we want to board/ram at any time - even if we only get shot out of the sling once the ship faces the right way. when boarding via the 'backdoor' on a crewship or base, let us have to hack and/or destroy some mini-objectives before we can do this (please with more affinity earned this way to get intrinsics - this is dangerous work after all! ^^)
  • Like 1

The variable range of stats on wreckage components is bonkers, DE. Absolutely nuts. 

I’m 100% on board with the idea of base clan tech being sufficient to get a ship fully ready for the Veil, and that House wreckage is then a rare upgrade...but rare drop ‘upgrades’ that are trash compared to the base gear is worse than not getting those upgrades at all. You do realise that getting Vidar and Zekti gear which turns out to be useless compared to just using the baseline gear is the kind of thing that makes players say “Oh, FFS,” and just turn the game off, no? 

Not criticising the rarity of the drops! Not even criticising the variable stats! Criticising the fact that the lower range of those variable stats is worse than the baseline Sigma equipment. The fact that it’s even possible to have a rare drop which you might not see again for a long time...and that rare drop is just automatically trash. Lads. Seriously.

Also, no, this is not like Riven Mods in one very crucial respect: You can always work on a Riven. Get a Riven for a weapon you like, but its stats are bad? Roll it. Reroll it. Keep the good roll. See if you get a better one. But a crap engine is always going to be a crap engine. A rubbish reactor is automatically worthless.

I think y’all made an error.

• Like 3

When regular starchart missions take 2-7ish minutes for a rotation, I get diluting the pool, as horrible as the reward tables are in this game (Vitality mod as a rotation reward for the last planet in the starchart, literally might as well give us 15 endo for our time and be done with it.) but when railjack missions take anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour for your average pub crew, 1 relic, even a radiant axi (and it's much worse than that.) and some #*!%ing ferrite is NOT okay. 

<2% chance for an RNG part aside, just the average rewards that come from completion for a mission are a total joke.  These missions take longer, are more difficult, are harder to even get into if you're a ship owner, and are already riddled with RNG, the reward tables don't need to be diluted as well.  Mission rewards, literally everything in the RJ reward pool, should be rewarding.  The majority of the people who have a Railjack will never need ferrite again and the people that do still need it should be farming it somewhere else.  It should be things people need for Railjack (and in greater amounts that what's there currently.) and evergreen items.  Ferrite is not evergreen.  750 Titanium is literally 5% of building ONE MK3 salvage part that still has a 12 hour time gate on it.  And Neo relics?  Seriously?  I have literally thousands of Neo relics and there are much better and faster ways of obtaining Neo relics than running an hour long RJ mission in the veil so that you can give me ONE Neo relic.  I could go farm 5 random Neo relics and pop them in the time it takes a veil mission to give me ONE and it's not even radiant.

The startchart reward tables are bad enough, you didn't need to make Empyrean's worse.

• Like 2

Please drastically reduce the brightness of crewship healing bubbles in the Veil when you "pop" them. I feel like my eyes are being seared every single time to the point I'm closing my eyes so as to not see them. Saying that Assassin's Creed loading screens are still more blindingreally isn't all that much of a compliment. The idea alone that I'm turning off Bloom just in the hopes of not clawing my eyes out is ridiculous and unfortunately true. For one effect.

• Like 2

I enjoy Railjack and am glad I bankrupted myself making my own ship. One feedback I have is to make it easier for me to understand in the scrap screen, which Avionics I have equipped and which are the duplicates. Or have the scrap screen only show unequipped avionics. Twice now I've scrapped stuff I had equipped and didnt find out about it until I exited the screen. 

Unless the scrap screen already does that in some arcane way thats blatantly obvious and I'm oblivious to it somehow. 

Please dont flame me...

And we please have a less grindy and obnoxious grind. The materials grind for upgrades and researches is ridiculous. I know you dont want players roaring through RJ content but this is ridiculous. There must be a balance somewhere that we can find. 

Other than that, good job on RJ DE, thoroughly enjoying it on PS4. 

• Like 2

There is a noticeable difference between archwing and railjack pilot screen in visibility.

Please clear up pilot screen particle clutter and make the current effects optional in menu by toggle "I want a lot of unnecessary bullS#&amp;&#036; on my screen as a pilot [ON] [OFF]" if you demand to keep it somehow.

Make Shedu event less toxic?

If I host and don't bee line to the sentient ship everyone leaves. If they don't get the loot they need they leave even if other got parts they need. 

Joining other and host leave 99.9999% of the time if they don't get the loot they need. 

Guess I'll do clan farm only atm since pubs are useless atm

Edited by Celedring
  • Like 1

Also, DE, the drydock UI is....very not good. For starters, it seems designed to hide certain critical data features. DE, exactly how many slots do we have for armaments and components? Are those slots shared with unrepaired Wreckage or not? Where is any of this information displayed, ever? Why didn't it just replicate the function of the existing inventory UI, which is, at worst, a little clunky but perfectly functional for keeping track of all relevant data? Do Sigma components take up a slot? If they do, then why are we prevented from scrapping them? 

I appreciate that this is a barrage of awkward questions, but this is honestly a pretty hostile system. I get that it must have felt like it made perfect sense to everyone who was designing it, but that's the problem right there. Perfectly sensible....to the people designing it, and following their own ideas from iteration to iteration, while being fully aware of all the facts and numbers under the hood. Facts and numbers which are expressly and explicitly hidden from the players. Why, exactly?

I was gonna go and run a mission with some freshly repaired and installed components, but I'm honestly just disgusted, so sod it. Going to bed instead. Goodnight.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I feel that as the host/pilot, we should be able to refill our payload remotely from our pilot seat. A lot of times crew doesn't refill and when we do it ourselves, they hijack our ship. Co-op has more toxicity then the fun you(DE) thought it to be.

Are you serious DE?

You are going to destroyed RJ completly. Not just that you buff enemys health by about 50% you also reduce the dmg of one of the most usefull weapon by 60%, the Cryophon. My ship is maxed out, but there are still enemys you can't kill with the normal gun because their health regen is way to high, the Gyre for example.

Not just that you decreased dmg, also Rhinos buff isn't working anymore, the only opportunity that RJ feel like it should do when your ship is maxed out. Its legitimate, that you don't want ppl to Solo every mission with basic or MK I weapons, but seriously i dont want to spend half a day on one Veil mission with a maxed out ship... that's not working either! I'm very happy that i finished my ship befor this patch, because grinding now i not just a pain in the a** , it's completly horrible. You need hours for one mission to get just a few ressources.

Asterite for example, you can get ~100 per mission, for MK III weapons you need about 1.4k. You spend a hole day just for one weapon...

Also why is auto roll aka "bank" still not an opt out possibility? It's just horrible to fly with a ship roll on itself!

• Like 3

Since you just released an update in which you gave avionics a perma-marker and made zero change to vacuum radius, I feel like I have to reiterate how terrible your design decision regarding looting in this mode is since you're apparently going to stick to it despite all feedback against it. It's really bad. It's not fun. It's not good for the game. 

1) If you are in Archwing, you have to chase a dying ship and be right on top of the loot as it dies to pick it up. This completely ruins combat flow when you're an archwing unless you want to just ignore the loot and hope the RJ picks it up later. 

2) Even the RJ loot radius is terrible and they miss a lot of loot if they don't go on an adventure to pick it up later.

3) You should not want people to have to go on a loot scavenger hunt later for multiple reasons:

3a) Loot scavenger hunts are not fun

3b) Due to the way loot saving works in this mode, which is not intuitive or apparent, it is completely unclear to most people what is saved and when and the mission result screen is not an accurate reflection of what loot you kept, particularly if you abort after a mission ends. This is because immediately upon a mission ending, all progress is saved, just like a bounty. This is NOT reflected in the mission result screen if you abort. The result screen will not show all your loot, but you did get it. This means if you go on a loot picking up adventure AFTER the mission is complete, any loot you picked up after the mission is complete is not saved until you fly to a new location. This should not be the case. You should have gotten all your loot as it dropped so it was saved immediately upon completion of the mission. 

I'll also note that I wrote a long post a long time ago about how confusing it is to have the word abort in open world missions + an inaccurate mission result screen after an abort. It's not accurate and doesn't reflect how loot saving actually works. That post is still very relevant not only to open world areas, but now in RJ missions as well. You should so something about it at some point. 

3c) I'm not confident that unlooted loot is accurately preserved through a host-migration, but I suppose we have no way to know that for sure. 

4) Currently a non-issue because crewship damage is too awful to be relevant in higher level content so nobody bothers to take them, but if you ever actually make capturing crewships worthwhile, they do not have a loot radius while captured AT ALL. If taking crewships ever became useful and they were able to kill things reliably, someone would have to go pick up all the loot from their kills afterwards. 

edit: I hadn't seen the comment from yesterday that they're still reviewing vacuum range, so hopefully they'll decide to make a significant change there. 

Edited by Borg1611
  • Like 2

I'm still disappointed that I have to grind an intrinsic up to rank 7 just to get some lore. Blocking the story behind all that grind is just a gut punch. At least one the bigger "content creators" put it out there for us to see.  

I believe that if a Clan has a fully built Railjack, all Clan Members that can 'access and are on the Rising Tide Quest' should automatically have the parts that they recover during The Rising Tide Quest be pre-built.

It makes no since that to receive the ability to access and earn Intrinsic Points they must complete the Rising Tide Quest and rebuild the Railjack from scratch.

If the parts for the Rising Tide Quest were already built by the Clan, then those on the Rising Tide Quest should have their recovered parts already built and be given the next Mission.

This would allow Clan members to earn Intrinsic Points at an earlier stage than having to build their own Railjack to accomplish the Rising Tide Quest and to access the console to customize the Railjack in their Clan Dojo.

It is really frustrating that my Clan members cannot access (They cannot even see it in the Dojo, nor can they access the upgrade console or see the research I've done.) my Railjack and they cannot gain Intrinsic Points because they have not completed the "Rising Tide Quest', which would allow them to use the Clan's Railjack to its full potential (I can only play with my Clan members for Railjack Missions that are outside of Public Missions, by inviting them to join my squad while I am already deployed in a Mission.).

If Railjack is suppose to be a Co-Op mode between Tenno, then it should be treated as such.

I believe that Railjack has huge potential.

However, if forcing Solo Progress to build recovered parts from the Rising Tide Quest is still in place, then it becomes something that will cause many to become disheartened because they cannot progress alongside their Clan.

Edited by Fordrim
Clarification of my feedback.

Original notes

Nerfed Cryophon damage by 60%

All enemies buffed - now have higher EHP due to the health buffs over-weighing the armor nerfs

Nerfed particle procs by 90%

Incendiary "buff" not applied- still does 1 damage per tic

Removed Rush Drones from Market AND IN-GAME

no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns 

Security Concerns? What excuse is this?

Removed ability to keep intrinsics on abort - so if your mission bugs out you lose them

Removed ability to farm additional intrinsics once a hard cap of 4092 Intrinsics is reached - so you just lose them automatically - you cannot store them for upcoming Command Skill

• No changes to RNG stats or resource costs
  • No changes or fixes to Rank 10 Perks being broken/useless
  • No buffs to non-Amesha Archwings
  • No buffs to non-Cyngas weapons
  • Like 1