Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeonidasxGGG said:

There. I said it.

[Disclaimer: this is a limited feedback based on all I learned from "content creators" streams, videos and comments]

Always a terrible idea. Many content creators are pushing click bait, because controversy creates views, and views drive ad revenue. You'd do better just thinking for yourself. 

So, here's how DE "prepared" us for this thing: you need a clan to build Dry Dock, then you build your INDIVIDUAL Railjack yourself (...ok), you build weapons and attachement with your clan (...?), and them you rank it up with "Intrinsics" by yourself (cuz, you know DE wants things to make no sense in Warframe, right? #sarcasm). And then... EVERYONE USES ARCHWING TO COMPLETE MISSIONS!? Honestly, some people even commented that the new Cephalon should fly the Railjack.

Honestly, the way DE implemented is just r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

Here's how I think they should have done it:
-The COMMUNITY would build the Dry Docks in RELAYS (you know, like when you had to rebuild Larunda Relay? #PS4 It would be the same thing). No more Dojos. Open to EVERYONE including Solos.

Sorry. That's ridiculous. Anyone can build a dojo. You don't need any other people to help you build your own. There's already a mess of content to be unlocked in your dojo's labs. The drydock is just another single purpose lab. 

-You build your Railjack in ANY Relay (and, just like right now, YOU have to gather all resources for it. It is YOUR individual Railjack after all - at this point I leave this as is because I don't know what DE intends to do with it).

So functionally no different than the existing system. And hence no reason to change it. 

-Each Relay offers diferent Tier equipment for your Railjack (so the further you get into your Starchart the better weapons you can get at Relays. Again, you would get the BPs but the rest would be up to you).

Starchart can be unlocked by MR 5. Expect everyone to just jump to max tier everything from the start. Not a brilliant idea. 

-Railjack missions would be present IN YOUR STAR CHART and unlocked upon the completition of the Relay Dock (they could be linked after Archwing missions, or after designated Relay, and you could only enter IF you had your Railjack completed. Each Relay links to a diferent planet/location: Strata>Earth, Kuiper>Saturn, Eris>Void. Larunda would be there for any extra "content" for Railjack. Again #PS4).

I'm on PS4. I'm not yet done building my Railjack. Last night I popped into the navigation screen, and on seeing my Starchart I noticed something different. Clicking on it, resulted in seeing exactly what you are currently demanding. 

Again, demanding a change to what already exists, isn't a great way of doing things. 

-Regular Archwing missions would drop Railjack materials and resources! So you could get ahead in the game before building it.

I honestly haven't done any, but regular missions seem to randomly drop items we need in small amounts. 

So, still insisting that we get what exists, it looks like. 

-There would be a (Daily or Weekly) Railjack Sortie, where you needed to complete Regular AND Railjack missions (inbetween), and THIS would require Squads! (This MIGHT be what they intend to do in the "New War" but I can only speculate).

I'm not going to bother to speculate. 

-On playing Solo (THIS might come in a later date) BUT it would be cool if we could issue orders to Cephalon, Ordis, or the crew, thru a "message wheel" or sorts.

"Might"? They've told us that they want us to be able to solo. They've even told us it's possible buy that not what they designed it around for now. They mentioned that more stuff is going to be added later that will change the system to something that will make soloing easier for us. So....... 

Remember, THIS IS PREPARATION FOR THE WAR, so it makes sense that EVERYONE, including Solos have the opportunity to participate, and the Tenno's last bastions of Tenno, the RELAYS, should somehow have something to do with it. Dry docks, even maybe build a special cannon on them! After completion, all 4 Relay Cannons would concentrate fire on the Sentient Fortress to destroy it!? #deathstar ... SOMETHING that would make sense. Not put it in Dojos and just grind for parts... If you leave the Dojo, HOW do it interact with it? I'll need to find another with a dry dock? THE RELAYS ARE RIGHT THERE (for Pete Sake)!

What's any of that have to do with drydocks. Also if relays can do that, and dojos are basically relays, wouldn't you want to have the countless dojos all prepped and waiting dispersed through the system, rather than a few public relays? 

Now, tell me... doesn't sound like a much better way to do it?

LOL, no. 

Since DE wants to ignore legitimate gripes many of us have with the heavy handed loot-box RNG grind gacha reward system DE has implemented since Old blood, and they turned to up to the 11 with Railjack, I implore everyone who is upset to NOT SPEND ANY MONEY on Warframe.  DE has hyped us up for many years promising us the moon and reduced grind, only to give us a picture of the moon with MORE grind.  Hell they pulled an Anthem and patched out Kuva Thralls dropping requiem mods within an hour of finding out they were doing so just to ensure not a single layer of that loot box bonanza could be bypassed.  They’ve ignored our complaints about being extremely dissatisfied with the amount of RNG in recent updates , and that’s fair because they have the freedom of choice to do so.  Just as we all have the freedom of choice to keep our money in our pockets and say we won’t tolerate things as they are.  When money talks, people listen, and hurting that bottom line is definitely gonna being change.  If not, I guess Warframe can follow the same path as Anthem.

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

It does seem that RNG is God at the moment though doesn't it? It's like there's no other way to stretch out these tiny snippets of content into something playable than to lock portions of it behind some kind of RNG wall.

Why snippet of game play? because less than a week after launch people have maxed everything. Come on DE, give us something with some longevity that isn't simply there because of some pathetic RNG wall mechanic. Give us some amazing content, you've done it in the past and I believe you can do it again. Something that works, does as intended and isn't so full of bugs that it makes the Amazon Rainforest look like a desert.

To be fair, most of the players that have everything maxed (not intrinsics obviously) paid for repair drones to do it. It would be like purchasing prime access and skipping the grind, except in this case it is significantly faster to grind for 50p instead of farming 15k titanium for multiple items. 

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

21 minutes ago, Ghost23d said:

If this were an actual beta id say thats a fair point to make, unfortunately they hyped an update to capitalize at TGA then released a buggy mess and went sorry it broke well fix it later right before Xmas break. From a beta build you can get away with it, but a released game? that would usually indicate a dodgy studio decision or really bad planning on the dev teams part.

So him *@##$ing about a whole bunch of things related to game progression, micro transaction stuff and a lack of actual variety in content on a Major update is toxic???

Complaining about those things in any services platform is usually what happens on a forum, and does cause people to leave. SUggestions might have made it more palatable 4 u to stomach but someone *@##$ing about stuff that doesn't look right is generally the first point of fixing it

That's also a reason for me to leave. The white knights of this game are a key part of why the game is declining.

Warframe community is nice UNTIL you make a post or comment about something being bad or wrong, then all the white knights jump like flies on rotten meat telling to shut up and leave.

Warframe Empyrean has one of the lowest numbers in all of Warframes expansions and that's a clear message to them.

Look at all those blind players telling me to "shut the door while at it", they clearly didn't even read the whole post.

Warframe community is full of toxic players who can't withstand someone criticizing their one and only beloved game.

Hopefully people begins to understand that this behavior is not healthy for the game lifespan, because if they don't, I'm afraid this will no end up well.

• Like 1

Farming that Forum rep, aren't you? Understandable, good luck with that, just next time try to make your post contain a little less...

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Nyamiche said:

heavy handed loot-box RNG grind

...blatant misinformation to decrease the ammount of Haha's received

While I'm very much against these rng+grind mechanics I also understand that it's the easiest way DE has to create some level of slow progression for players. A very artificial and frustrating one. But they do so mainly because we go round and round in the following situation:

1. DE releases a heavy rng/grind based update - "FFS DE! Cut it down! It's taking too long to finish this content drop!"
  2. DE tones down the grind - "Meh, nothing to do. DE should be releasing new stuff ASAP since I'm finished with this puny thing they released 0.4 seconds ago. DROUUUUUGHT REEEEEEEE!"

It's not ideal by any means, and I agree that players should vote with their wallets against what they dislike. But what I said above is just meant to add another point of view, or some context, to this discussion.

• Like 4

Just now, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

Keep telling to yourself this game is ok just because you have spent 3.000 hours playing and you refuse to accept its decline.

Hopefully DE will ignore the blind fanboys who are killing this game and start fixing stuff.

Well, it's got problems for sure and hopefully they'll fix many of them soon! Come back to us in 3-6 months! Hopefully all the major problems in Empyrean will be ironed out.

18 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

I read his post, he made some fairly decent points. The only issue is he called out steve directly? Thats an oof. Who cares who he called out. He literally called out the director of the project? The main man in charge?
am I missing something, was there another post? Because that one seemed tame enough. Director has to take responsibility for their project at the end of the day, he was just directing his issues towards steve. 

They called me toxic because I told them the game was dying, but they completely ignored when I said that DE had made an amazing job at Reworking melee, frames and so.

Also, they ignored when I told DE to seek for assistance.

People only read/listen what hurts them the least I guess.

hace 2 minutos, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 dijo:

That's also a reason for me to leave. The white knights of this game are a key part of why the game is declining.

Warframe community is nice UNTIL you make a post or comment about something being bad or wrong, then all the white knights jump like flies on rotten meat telling to shut up and leave.

Warframe Empyrean has one of the lowest numbers in all of Warframes expansions and that's a clear message to them.

Look at all those blind players telling me to "shut the door while at it", they clearly didn't even read the whole post.

Warframe community is full of toxic players who can't withstand someone criticizing their one and only beloved game.

Hopefully people begins to understand that this behavior is not healthy for the game lifespan, because if they don't, I'm afraid this will no end up well.

I'm sorry, but i agree completely... !! In fact, making one of the requisites to play Erra be rank 7 in the ship of Railjack, or something like that, it's like... couldn't they just make it simple and make possible to players that don't care about Railjack and/or Empyrean play the quest... ? i don't know if i can be invited by a group into their ship and be taken to the Sentient Ghost Ship to crush the crystal, if that makes possible to jump the requisites, hey... i'll like it, if not... well... i don't know when i'll play the quest then...

Protesting with your wallets isn't going to change much since it's a pretty safe bet that the majority of the userbase doesn't make any significant purchases directly. If you where going to use anything to leverage protest, it would probably be more effective to just stop logging in at all, until things turn around. Because at the end of the day if their concurrent logins tank it becomes a snowball effect that is harder to ignore than a bunch of people who probably weren't going to buy anything in the first place not buying anything. 

Just sayin'

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Well, it's got problems for sure and hopefully they'll fix many of them soon! Come back to us in 3-6 months! Hopefully all the major problems in Empyrean will be ironed out.

I will friend I will. Hopefully it happens.

I'm not religious but Amen to that.

I'm just a player with little above 800 hours in this game, but hey, I guess my opinion doesn't matter if I don't 5k hours invested.

Take care and I bless your soul for having the patience and endure this.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

While I'm very much against these rng+grind mechanics I also understand that it's the easiest way DE has to create some level of slow progression for players. A very artificial and frustrating one. But they do so mainly because we go round and round in the following situation:

1. DE releases a heavy rng/grind based update - "FFS DE! Cut it down! It's taking too long to finish this content drop!"
  2. DE tones down the grind - "Meh, nothing to do. DE should be releasing new stuff ASAP since I'm finished with this puny thing they released 0.4 seconds ago. DROUUUUUGHT REEEEEEEE!"

It's not ideal by any means, and I agree that players should vote with their wallets against what they dislike. But what I said above is just meant to add another point of view, or some context, to this discussion.

If DE learned to make some enjoyable, replayable content that had some lore and connectivity to the other systems in game, there would be less to gripe about. Instead to DE, Grind is content. It used to be enjoyable, but they have lost all semblance of balance. Either way you look at it, it is ALL on DE. They draw ideas from other games, yet do not seem to learn the lessons from other games on what to do and what not to do. DE used to be the darling of how Free to Play is done right, and now their fame has gone to their heads, so has their once "keep it humble" attitude, remembering their roots.

• Like 1

i mean im all in for RNG+Grind in game's for loot but when the game become's like a Job that take's hour's,Day's,Week's, sometime's month's for thing's , ya they need to tone is down a little there people leave because of that crap and i know they have to make money from us but after playing this game for year's i can tell it's just getting worse and worse of a grind to even play anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Farming that Forum rep, aren't you? Understandable, good luck with that, just next time try to make your post contain a little less...

...blatant misinformation to decrease the ammount of Haha's received

I’m farming nothing.  Just letting people know if you’re unhappy with the current state of affairs as I am, withhold spending your money as I have and will continue to do.  And how am I misinforming people?  Take a look at the multiple forum topics about the Kuva lich system, and Railjack, which are both heavily saturated with RNG and there’s your proof about the loot-box reward style each employs.  The only way to bypass the grind is to pay money (TRADEABLE PLAT IS NOT FREE and is not easy to come by) to buy a lich of with the weapon, elemental type, ephemera, and elemental bonus value of your choice.  Choose not to spend money and there are AT LEAST 5 layers of RNG that a player must go through even if the weapon was not the one you wanted.  RJ has the random stats for the Railjack components, low resource reward to high cost required for repairs.  RNG quest which is required for story and eventually gameplay progression.  The only one attempting to spread misinformation is you.  

lot of bugs everytime DE release something. they need to release smaller updates more polished than usual and bit more often. they just give us something to grind over and over while actual main line is rarely updated. be honest most of players wait this kind of update and when released it is over bugged, unpolished and like at best 50% of what is meant to be. ofc ppl will be dissatisfied with this. TWW had 1 year delay, it was good but not 1y of waiting good. RJ idea Is good but need lot of additions to make it more fun and batter. rj need resource collector drones , some defense inside ship, sentient fights as well... it would be cool if we could use our orbiters for fight in adition to rj.  no wonder why ppl leaving the game so DE need to change their approach for this stuff.

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge
  • Like 1