The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack, the space hostage that you have to babysit....

BloodKitten

Gotta upgrade that ship and farm some good ship parts. Max out the grid, max out the mods. The only stuff that 1hps my ship is when the grinder missile base is a mission and I'm too close to the base itself. Or the one with the giant laser beam. The enemies though dont dent me

2 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

i just park the railjack as far as possible

Shush, you fool! Do you want DE to 'fix' this 'exploit'? Because they very easily could, by simply making stuff spawn around the railjack whether anyone is in it or not.

2 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

My modded Amesha gets obliterated just on approach to crewship.

Crew ship shots ignore Amesha's 4 for some reason, not sure if bug or intentional. Her 1 works, though, so archwing 2.0 combat is just a matter of paying attention and pressing 1 if a crew ship is around. Amesha nerf incoming in 3, 2, 1... I'm honestly astonished it hasn't happened already.

1 hour ago, Ophmalpulos said:

Archwings are only usable up to Saturn, and only up to Saturn if you are using some pretty disgusting builds.

On Veil Proxima, if you aren't using the catapult you are losing the mission.

I've had zero issues so far playing solo archwing in all of Saturn, Amesha makes archwing 2.0 just as trivial as 1.0. The only reason I'm not doing Veil yet is because I wasn't aware intrinsic 7 was required and I spread out my points instead of concentrating them, so I have to grind that out some more.

Edited by SordidDreams

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I've had zero issues so far playing solo archwing in all of Saturn, Amesha makes archwing 2.0 just as trivial as 1.0. The only reason I'm not doing Veil yet is because I wasn't aware intrinsic 7 was required and I spread out my points instead of concentrating them, so I have to grind that out some more.

You're better off doing this anyway. Because it's forced squading and built around all four people having a clue, you're going to have to pull your weight, and the weight of at least two of your teammates. Meaning you're going to need more than just one intrinsic skill.

Il y a 2 heures, AuroraSonicBoom a dit :

To which, apart from an affinity multiplier that you also get when using invisibility, there is no benefit apart from bragging rights. Yes, it is actually somewhat challenging and dare I say fun to clear a mission without invisibility or sleep mechanics and not get seen. People recorded doing it way back in '13, and the drive by the community to enhance stealth play, or simply give people rewards for taking longer per kill, was there for years. All DE implemented was an affinity multiplier, only works for kills, before nixing any talk about stealth as a whole.

Bottom line is, the game doesn't reward skill because all the progression centers around power creep. There is no stat ceiling that DE would never cross, and that's why you can't design things like spy vaults to be challenging unless you constantly revise them to take power creep into account.

That said, spy vaults were kinda of a fail in terms of providing a challenge from the get go, since perma invisibility existed back then already. Now with parazon mods, it's little more than a joke.

What I was talking about (because it fit the topic) is how stealth is a viable way of playing higher level mission than what your loadout shoud, with a different and more careful way of playing, which is not possible in railjack missions. Also, I clearly mentionned "stealth is rarely a viable option at average and late game" which refer to how invisibility destroy this mechanic once you get access to it.

Ive managed to rouse my Railjack into a half decent dogfighter, but I agree that it can be overly fragile for a ship of it's size and caliber. Even though I cited it was a Corevette, it really doesn't have the fire power of one, and the costs of repairing those weapons is a little extreme.  Side guns, nose guns, then youve got the mods for the railjack and grid, plus costs for missile munitions and the artillery.  I do feel that a slight increase to the drop rates would be good, as well as railjack's vacuum range.

I hope when we get the Crew feature, we can ask them to man the guns even during coop play. it'd make things a bit better imo to have some ai Gunners.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

So what I'm seeing is park the giant ship behind something where it can't get hurt and then use your archwing...

Well I will rejoice that solo mode is possible...

Only to start with. Once you start kitting out your RJ and leveling up your intrinsics, it's more effective to use it than try use your archwing everywhere.

2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

guess what

And there you have it, brute forcing a mode intended to be co-op until a new Intrinsic tree is released on a later date. If you just grouped up for a few missions until you got some intrinsics up (specifically lv5 pilot and/or lv5 gunner) and a few avionics grid upgrades you'd be able to solo the first mission just staying in the railjack. Otherwise, just wait for the Command intrinsic to release and solo it then, instead of bashing the mode's difficulty.

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Possible? Yes. Really, really tedious and not worth it if you do slip up? Yes.

And I tried doing Veil Proxima solo, after finishing Earth Proxima solo and then Saturn Proxima with friends.

Edited by Renegade343

15 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Possible? Yes. Really, really tedious and not worth it if you do slip up? Yes.

I don't know, seems a lot less tedious than farming up all the crap needed to upgrade the ship. Also a lot more fun, because f*ck running around with a fire extinguisher or sitting in a turret.

1 hour ago, Mints said:

Correction: Railjack has been out for 3 days and you already got mad and quit.

Call me crazy, I'd say an entertainment product that makes people mad is not a very good one. That's like an umbrella that makes you wet or a heater that makes you cold. Kinda doing the opposite of what it's supposed to.

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

I don't know, seems a lot less tedious than farming up all the crap needed to upgrade the ship. Also a lot more fun, because f*ck running around with a fire extinguisher or sitting in a turret.

I find going solo right now to be more tedious, because I find it's basically a cycle of killing while waiting until rather close to catastrophic failure, then solve it and keep killing, with the very occasional boarding party. I'm not asking for our Railjacks to one-shot everything and/or become invulnerable tanks, but at least some fighting chance without relying on the invulnerability of catastrophic failure looming would actually make the game mode feel more fun.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I find going solo right now to be more tedious, because I find it's basically a cycle of killing while waiting until rather close to catastrophic failure, then solve it and keep killing, with the very occasional boarding party. I'm not asking for our Railjacks to one-shot everything and/or become invulnerable tanks, but at least some fighting chance without relying on the invulnerability of catastrophic failure looming would actually make the game mode feel more fun.

Oh, solo in railjack? Yeah, no, that's impossible. Just reverse the railjack some five, ten kilometers as soon as the mission starts to make sure enemies don't aggro on it, jump out, and do the whole thing in archwing.

16 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh, solo in railjack? Yeah, no, that's impossible. Just reverse the railjack some five, ten kilometers as soon as the mission starts to make sure enemies don't aggro on it, jump out, and do the whole thing in archwing.

Yeah... can't really do that in Veil Proxima. You'll get shredded really quickly.

3 hours ago, Formous said:

Ive managed to rouse my Railjack into a half decent dogfighter, but I agree that it can be overly fragile for a ship of it's size and caliber. Even though I cited it was a Corevette, it really doesn't have the fire power of one, and the costs of repairing those weapons is a little extreme.  Side guns, nose guns, then youve got the mods for the railjack and grid, plus costs for missile munitions and the artillery.  I do feel that a slight increase to the drop rates would be good, as well as railjack's vacuum range.

I hope when we get the Crew feature, we can ask them to man the guns even during coop play. it'd make things a bit better imo to have some ai Gunners.

This is kinda my feeling on it, too. The ralijacks are... actually kinda fun, the missions are a nice change of pace from the usual stuff (Especially the boarding, honestly- the space combat is iffy, but going from that to boarding a crewship to pop the reactor and back out is amazing IMO) 

But Railjacks feel underarmed and shockingly fragile so far. Honestly, if/when we see AI crews, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more turrets or another flavor of railjack we can build (or three or four....) 

But that aside, I'm actually kinda.. hopeful. It's kinda bare at the moment, but I feel like Railjack could be the basis for some great gameplay in the future. 

15 minutes ago, Mints said:

Then why do games like Dark Souls sell millions of copies?

Because Dark Souls is designed with that in mind from the get go.

Everything in Dark Souls is crafted for a singular purpose, every enemy placement is designed to test the player in different ways (and sometimes cheaply kill them) but it stems from the design supporting the gameplay.

Compare the intentional design and crafting of Dark Souls to the more incidental irritants found in aspects of other games and you can see the difference, unintended annoyance is not the same as well-designed difficulty

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

The fact that you find the argument inonvenient does not make it invalid.

The fact that you're appealing to your own opinion and feelings makes it invalid chief. You claimed that entertainment products that make their audience mad aren't good. I produced evidence of a product that does that very thing. Claiming that Dark Souls makes you personally mad in a different way is a logic fallacy. You have no argument.