Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player. Lost over 900k on Glast Gambit "quest".

(PSN)incindir

Started playing this game a few weeks ago. And up until this point, I've been pleasantly surprised as how good the game is.

Until tonight. Lost 90% of all the credits I made in the last couple weeks. Didn't realise the quest is rigged so you will literally lose all of your money because the NPC adversaries spawn with 40 or 50 points on them already. Sure you get you two or three points in just under the artificial scoring 10 point scoring cap, but then the NPCs just show up with 70 points, one shot you from literally nowhere, with no means of recovering. Oh yeah and the constant energy drain makes it so much more "fair". 

I've heard of some pretty heinous stuff in FTP games. But this takes the cake. I honestly can't believe that this passes for game design.

For all the vets that may have millions laying around losing close to a million may not seem very punishing, but to a new player that literally knows nothing to suddenly have all of your accumulated wealth robbed by this travesty of a questline. Infuriating.

I hope whoever thought this quest line up steps on a Lego. In the dark.

Edited by (PS4)incindir
  • Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (PS4)incindir:

In the knee. This is real pain. So a damn 2x4 and 1cm high Lego in the knee. In the dark and after this hit the little toe on a wall.

But yeah. 1 million in wf is nothing.

Edited by Omega-ZX
  • Like 1

Index isnt really for someone only a few weeks into the game.  

The hardest part of glast gambit is keeping the score within 10 points and the dont let them score objectives.

I like Wukong for index because I can melee stuff while my clone runs around with super AI and a gun and mows everything down for me.  

Frames that naturally use Hunters Adrenaline/Rage are great for index because it lets you keep your energy up.  

You need to learn to play defense to be good at index.  Stay on the side of the field where you spawn.  Most people rush over to your goal and fight the enemy as they spawn,  but this gives them no chance to stop enemies from scoring if they slip by.   Staying on your side of the field also makes for longer periods between fights as the enemy spawn on the far side and has to get back to you.   

--------------------------

You can ask for help to run that mission...  Otherwise its probably your gear and frame that are your biggest issue.   

Try Khora. I don't quite remember the quest, but Index is easily abusable with Khora. If you need to be in 10 points gap, then let them score until you're withing this gap, then put dome on your spawn and nobody will get through it except bursa. You can stun bursa with Khora's 2nd ability. Khora can be obtained in regular onslaught i think.

By the way, IIRC, Index is unfair game by design, as quest explains, other side doesn't play fair, so don't feel bad when you're abusing some game mechanics. Once you feel comfortable with abusing Index, if you get credits booster for logging in, take Khora and abuse gold index beyond any reasonable limit, you'll get back what you've lost in no time.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Index isnt really for someone only a few weeks into the game. 

No kidding. Everything up to this point has been straight forward. There's been some challenging segments, for sure, it's what's kept me playing. 

But this particular questline is coded to literally cheat. I can't blame my frames, or lack of fancy mods because it just seems like a weak excuse because I routinely take on level 40 missions solo with a stock Oberon. 

I guess I wouldn't even be bothered to carp about other than the fact that the learning curve went from rolling hills to granite cliff face, and set me back two weeks of play. 

I dont remember any part where they cheated or got to start with a giant lead.  

When you play index solo you still get NPC team mates.   If the enemy slaughters your teammates and were carrying around a ton of points that how they got a massive score boost,  because you didnt stop them from scoring.  

I think your team mates are programmed to carry points until they have a certain amount..  So if they get nuked they tend to drop alot of points lol.   

Defense Defense Defense..  

Look for Abbandon_ in game I can try to get you back on track financially and quest wise.  (that quest may be hard but it is soooo worth it lol.  I put it off waaay to long)

32 minutes ago, (PS4)incindir said:

No kidding. Everything up to this point has been straight forward. There's been some challenging segments, for sure, it's what's kept me playing. 

But this particular questline is coded to literally cheat. I can't blame my frames, or lack of fancy mods because it just seems like a weak excuse because I routinely take on level 40 missions solo with a stock Oberon. 

I guess I wouldn't even be bothered to carp about other than the fact that the learning curve went from rolling hills to granite cliff face, and set me back two weeks of play. 

Part of the quest is a few missions in Nef will cheat, then you do a mission to mess up his cheating and win.

You can also do the normal index  (not related to the quest) with other people you can get back that 900k credits in about 20 mins.  The quest is from when the index was introduced I'm not sure if you have to complete it to get access to the normal one but once you do credits will never be a problem again it is by far the highest yield credit farm the game.

Revenant is my fav frame for index he can hold tons of points and be at no risk of death with mesmir skin and if anything tried to touch you they go to sleep.

Glast Gambit eh?

1. There's a mission where you need to keep the winning margin below 10 or Nef will back out, making you lose credits

(The mission with the most amount of players lose credits because they keep banking and alerting Nef's instinct to fold)

2. There a mission with no way to win because Nef rigged the game where you will always die when banking, continuing the quest progression once you finish it

Which one you fail on?

Yeah, a few of the quests and most of what you do in Warframe is gated by time or cost (or just time as a lot of the cost needs time to pay).  For comparison the newest quest to build your ship costs something like 6 million credits.  Once you start getting credit boosters from sorties and are more familiar with the index you'll have no problem raising credits quickly.

The wiki has some good general tips on making credits quickly.

Edited by Invisibleaxeman

1 hour ago, (PS4)incindir said:

set me back two weeks of play. 

if it took you two weeks to make one mil you need to stop farming quest frames and start getting mods and stuff together because MR is not your problem, you clearly are very inefficient at farming.

the quest line is a cake walk outside the ONE phase that is rigged against you. If you are getting one shot you are using a frame hat is either too weak or you are not modded well enough for it. if you are having issues with the energy drain use a frame that either can use set it and forget it skills (rhino/nezha/wukong)or frames that dont need anything like that (inaros). Now as far as farming credits, if you are struggling to finish the quest step back from it and do some other stuff, use base quests to farm cred, maybe look at dropping plat on a booster (need plat pop relics).

The game has an aggressive way at times to point you in a direction, being mad about something so basic is pointless and will not help you in the end. Instead step back and think about why you are struggling and make an attempt to solve the issue.

Good luck out there Tenno. o7

Was that the quest where you need to play The Index?

Yeah, I remember that one. I lost a ton of credits in that because 10 seconds before flawless victory the enemy randomly banks 50 points out of nowhere.

Although I did get my credits returned to me by support (even though I didn't even contact them) after complaining on the forums how ridiculous that quest was.

Here's a strategy that still works with minimal work on your part:
Get Atlas and get the Tectonic Fracture augment, then set up the 3 walls around your point thing in a box so enemies can't score points.
Get within the score range required and then just kill the enemies as they run against your walls.

They will occasionally attack your walls, but not often enough and if you stay nearby you don't need to worry about them going down as long as you can avoid dying yourself.

This also works in normal index runs.

3 hours ago, (PS4)incindir said:

Started playing this game a few weeks ago. And up until this point, I've been pleasantly surprised as how good the game is.

Until tonight. Lost 90% of all the credits I made in the last couple weeks. Didn't realise the quest is rigged so you will literally lose all of your money because the NPC adversaries spawn with 40 or 50 points on them already. Sure you get you two or three points in just under the artificial scoring 10 point scoring cap, but then the NPCs just show up with 70 points, one shot you from literally nowhere, with no means of recovering. Oh yeah and the constant energy drain makes it so much more "fair". 

I've heard of some pretty heinous stuff in FTP games. But this takes the cake. I honestly can't believe that this passes for game design.

For all the vets that may have millions laying around losing close to a million may not seem very punishing, but to a new player that literally knows nothing to suddenly have all of your accumulated wealth robbed by this travesty of a questline. Infuriating.

Calm down there buddy. 

First off, you can ask for help. You just need one person who knows how to cheese the match. 

Second all you need to do is quickly score a single point and then keep the enemy from scoring any. You can do this solo or with someone helping you. Limbo's 2 and 4 can completely lock down the goal post. You hang out near their goal, your spectres will flock to your location so they won't score on their own. 

Whole thing is just pretty boring, really. 

And last, take Rhino with good iron skin and you don't need to fret about the energy. Once you are doing the index proper, you will realise that a million creds isn't a particularly large sum. 

Nother newb in a similar situation, though I haven't lost quite so many credits yet.  (Mostly because I was poorer to start with...)  I'm stuck on the 10-point victory margin one, but I'm going to try some of the suggestions on here in a bit.  One critical question first: if I ask someone to help me on the quest, do they have to pay the 100+k fee to get into the match, even if they aren't on the quest?  Do they even in the next quest (I peeked) where we auto-lose no matter what?  If they help me with the rest of the chain after that, will they get their money back?  Basically, I don't want to ask someone to help me and then screw them over by accident...