Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you bought Rush Repair Drone?

Rasdan

I like the guy above me. I've gifted a bunch of drones to online friends bc 'tis the season, afterall. I bought one for myself. havent touched railjack yet so havent used it. I almost started playing railjack last night but a friend wanted to do lich missions. thank god my 4th kraken is 26% mag dmg. needed the reminder about RNG rolls so that I avoid unrewarding and incomplete gameplay loops. for real, I'd give 50p to my lich to go away. 

On 2019-12-18 at 6:26 AM, Zebiko said:

This is a p2w falsely. Pay wall and p2w are two different things, and understanding the difference is key. Most people have different definitions of p2w because they cannot see what the winning condition is. Many disregard the winning condition because of their personal values, but that shouldn't devalue it as a monetary source. Many think skipping is a luxury, but fail to realize time is money irl. It's valuable and can be monetize. 

Companies also like to cloud the truth from you so that you cannot make an informed decision or takes effort to find out what is the the most valuable option, aka most bang for your buck. Layers of real money currency is an example of this, as they are not normally 1:1 ratios. They could technically display all Plat values as money values, but that would  make the p2w too obvious looking. Imagine trading items in game for money, dollar value, instead of Plat? Would that look weird to you? 

Also people forget the old saying "if it's too good to be true, then it is." How is a high quality game, despite the current flaws, a free game? In reality, it's not, and it's a business like any other. And they will use any tactic to convince you to buy their product, even lie to you about what the product is. Catch phrases can do this, such as 'ninjas play free.' 

Ask yourself, did you spend money on this game? The reason behind it does not matter, just say yes or no. I don't need to know either. If you said yes, then the game was technically not free to you. They successfully convinced you to spend money on it, for whatever the irrelevant reason was. (although not so irrelevant to the business, because knowing what you spend on can and will influence future monetary additions to the game). 

Knowing the business model and understanding how they make money helps understand why certain things are in the game. Inventory space is an oversight for most people. It's an inconvenience created by the devs and monetized. Even if you don't spend your money for Plat, but trade for Plat in game, you are helping DE make money. How? You are removing Plat from the system when spending traded Plat for items, such as inventory space. Removing Plat removes supply, creating more demand. Any economics book or resource will have a supply and demand graph and an explanation how that works. The longevity of the business depends on the flow of PLAT.

Grind is also an inconvenience created for the purpose of monetization. Don't want to grind and new warframe or a new prime weapon? Don't want to spend too much time playing the game? You can buy to skip the grind, lessen it. 

An extreme example of a game offering an item for free and options to buy to skip the grind is Wargamming's world of warships current event with the USS Puerto Rico, colloquially named pay-to-rico. It's blatantly impossible to grind the ship for free in the time allocated by the devs. So extreme, that it's basically a pay wall if you want that ship for your collection. The dumpster fire is currently raging on their forums and reddit. 

So people shouldn't be paid for their work....got it.     

Your whole "technically correct" arguments are boring and pedantic.  Should we just eliminate the word "free" from the dictionary since it cannot "technically exist" since nothing is every truly free.

On 2019-12-18 at 7:26 AM, Zebiko said:

This is a p2w falsely. Pay wall and p2w are two different things, and understanding the difference is key. Most people have different definitions of p2w because they cannot see what the winning condition is. Many disregard the winning condition because of their personal values, but that shouldn't devalue it as a monetary source. Many think skipping is a luxury, but fail to realize time is money irl. It's valuable and can be monetize. 

Companies also like to cloud the truth from you so that you cannot make an informed decision or takes effort to find out what is the the most valuable option, aka most bang for your buck. Layers of real money currency is an example of this, as they are not normally 1:1 ratios. They could technically display all Plat values as money values, but that would  make the p2w too obvious looking. Imagine trading items in game for money, dollar value, instead of Plat? Would that look weird to you? 

Also people forget the old saying "if it's too good to be true, then it is." How is a high quality game, despite the current flaws, a free game? In reality, it's not, and it's a business like any other. And they will use any tactic to convince you to buy their product, even lie to you about what the product is. Catch phrases can do this, such as 'ninjas play free.' 

Ask yourself, did you spend money on this game? The reason behind it does not matter, just say yes or no. I don't need to know either. If you said yes, then the game was technically not free to you. They successfully convinced you to spend money on it, for whatever the irrelevant reason was. (although not so irrelevant to the business, because knowing what you spend on can and will influence future monetary additions to the game). 

Knowing the business model and understanding how they make money helps understand why certain things are in the game. Inventory space is an oversight for most people. It's an inconvenience created by the devs and monetized. Even if you don't spend your money for Plat, but trade for Plat in game, you are helping DE make money. How? You are removing Plat from the system when spending traded Plat for items, such as inventory space. Removing Plat removes supply, creating more demand. Any economics book or resource will have a supply and demand graph and an explanation how that works. The longevity of the business depends on the flow of PLAT.

Grind is also an inconvenience created for the purpose of monetization. Don't want to grind and new warframe or a new prime weapon? Don't want to spend too much time playing the game? You can buy to skip the grind, lessen it. 

An extreme example of a game offering an item for free and options to buy to skip the grind is Wargamming's world of warships current event with the USS Puerto Rico, colloquially named pay-to-rico. It's blatantly impossible to grind the ship for free in the time allocated by the devs. So extreme, that it's basically a pay wall if you want that ship for your collection. The dumpster fire is currently raging on their forums and reddit. 

Pay to win does not refer to a game you have paid into but rather a game that not paying into is an objectively worse experience, to answer you question on if I paid anything I did not for the first 4 years that I played this game and only after over 1000 hours of game play did I pay anything, and there honestly hasn't really been any noticeable game play improvement from having done so.

The only reason I paid at all is that I believe DE has provided me with an experience that was worthwhile, and I wanted to help finance their continuing to do so.

DE is very obviously making money with this game, but if they were not they would be able to afford to pay developers to keep working on it, so that isn't a bad thing.

On 2019-12-17 at 1:44 PM, Yoshihito said:

Since everyone can earn Plat in game it's not really P2W. And P2W usually refers to PvP stuff, in PvE content who really cares? I mean, how does it affect me? Or you? I'll still enjoy the content at my own pace.

No, all tradable plat has to be purchased by someone. None of it can be earned in-game and if you ever get free plat it cannot be traded. Just because you didn't pay for the plat doesn't mean that someone else didn't. It's called pay-to-win and someone most certainly paid for that plat.

Yep, I've bought 4 repair drones to upgrade shields, reactor and two weapons (all mk3 with reasonable stats). I repaired a mk1 reactor early on, and that was a good idea at the time.

Fortunately I've sold a bunch of Primed mods recently 🙂

Edited by pook-pook

7 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

So people shouldn't be paid for their work....got it.     

Your whole "technically correct" arguments are boring and pedantic.  Should we just eliminate the word "free" from the dictionary since it cannot "technically exist" since nothing is every truly free.

Just call things as they are is fine with me. Businesses lie way too much. I'm not attacking you or warframe, just want to clear up misinformation that tends to get spread around.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

No, all tradable plat has to be purchased by someone. None of it can be earned in-game and if you ever get free plat it cannot be traded. Just because you didn't pay for the plat doesn't mean that someone else didn't. It's called pay-to-win and someone most certainly paid for that plat.

What does that have to do with anything? So what if anyone had to buy it. Anyone can earn it from other players by just playing the game. And being a PvE game, it's not really P2W so your argument is moot.

I am starting to think this is DE's strategy.

1. Implement new feature cloaked in intense grind

2. Pretend its not intentionally meant to be so grindy

3. Just so happen to have a pay-to-bypass-grind option

4. Let it sit for a week or two while a massive amount of plat is drained from the market.

5. Remove the pay-to-bypass-grind option / ease the intense grind once player frustration reaches critical mass.

6. Claim they changed it because "they want to be fair" and dont support "pay to win"

7. Bask in the praise of your players for being such an honest developer.

8. ???

9. PROFIT! Reap karma and cash all at once!

Edited by SteelOverseer666

14 minutes ago, Yoshihito said:

What does that have to do with anything? So what if anyone had to buy it. Anyone can earn it from other players by just playing the game. And being a PvE game, it's not really P2W so your argument is moot.

P2W refers to purchasing progression that others cannot easily acquire. Some egregious games let you purchase the most powerful weapons with cash instead of having to grind for them over months. Very few P2W games sell you the best of the best without giving players an alternate way to acquire them. Obviously there are different types of P2W mechanics in modern games so let's not pretend that your very strict definition is the only method used.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-12-17 at 6:36 AM, Rasdan said:

Just curious, considering some railjack parts requires a huge amount of resources to farm.

Worst case scenario, it needs a LOT of titanium. That one resources that can be earned by manually search the map. They also yield in a very small amount.

If you do, how many times have you used it?

I refuse to engage with "wreckage" entirely. My Railjack will use Sigma parts and Sigma parts only (well, I haven't played a single railjack mission after I unlocked the erra quest, which was over a month ago, and used my own ship a grand total of 1 (one) time, but hey, it's the thought that counts).

On 2019-12-17 at 12:36 AM, Rasdan said:

Just curious, considering some railjack parts requires a huge amount of resources to farm.

Worst case scenario, it needs a LOT of titanium. That one resources that can be earned by manually search the map. They also yield in a very small amount.

If you do, how many times have you used it?

I bought one with my 75% coupon since I haven't seen where you can bet a blueprint for one yet...12p Is far cheaper than 50p 🤣🤣🤣

Spent around 500 p on rush drones another 200-300 p on pure rush and another 200 p to get a headstart whit  avionics and i godamn never regreted it my railjack is pretty jacked now but pls never again basic railjack like wearing a weightjacket my hands are tied back and someone kneewcaped me.

To make i clear rush drones from the market got removed becase we ppl who arent buying the whiteknight crap rushed the criminaly overpriced pice of crap  ship parts and here i am sorry for the swearing, but honestly again it was removed cuz it was the front line big show off how bad railjack started and how bad still is:

-missions are stale as f i can  do hours of  the same void fissure but i alt f4 every second railjack mission CUZ MA ASTEROID BASE....or whatveer base and  while ur at it kill number of generic fighters there is 3 type have fun and ahh right the same 1 model crewship cuz f it doesnt even gona put in 2 model for the sake of idk at this point.

-vacum FOR THE LOVE OF god if anything in this game needs bigger vacum range its this mode i seriudly dont mind boosting  from one marked loot from the other like im in the 90' pinball game i grew up on but please atleast make the materials just pop in or just give me a  bp for a giant space vacum and i will strap it onto my railjack.

-end mission rewartds make no sense for mission of slow death by Boredom

-rng 4% drop endmission reward for a rektor i will never get so i rushed something thats almost there but still not

So yes i bought like 1 and  a half dozen rush drones.

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing WF for a while. I don’t agree with DE removing the rush repair drones. Why not remove purchasable Dirac? Same could be said about Lavan, Vidar and Zetki avianics bundles. Why not remove all those as well sine it is all farmable? How about Forma? Exiles adaptors? Orokin Cat and Cell? I mean seriously, why is the topic even an argument? You really want to argue about a free to play game?? Make the tennogen items farmable... but that’s a different topic. 

I felt that the amount of resources for RJ was too much too, I even was sad that I didn't buy any repair drone... 'Till I actually spend time farming the maps. You can get like 2 to 2.5k titanium per run, or 4 to 5 with booster lol Drone would be a real waste of platinum.

You need around 12k for most parts so that's not thaaaat hard, some maps seems to be better, Rian Belt for example.

I think farming good avionics harder than farming for resources.

On 2020-02-01 at 11:45 PM, Aseraan said:

-vacum FOR THE LOVE OF god if anything in this game needs bigger vacum range its this mode i seriudly dont mind boosting  from one marked loot from the other like im in the 90' pinball game i grew up on but please atleast make the materials just pop in or just give me a  bp for a giant space vacum and i will strap it onto my railjack.

This ^

• Like 1

On 2019-12-17 at 6:55 AM, Goodwill said:

Considering there is nothing else to spend plat on, I'm buying them.

I've always thought that there should be a plat sink in Warframe instead of it constantly being injected and circulated without any way for it to exit the system (very few and far in-between ways).

In saying that, I do hope DE treads carefully because the ball only rolls faster downhill.

This is basically saying "#*!% you, got mine" to new players. There is absolutely no value in deflating the premium currency other than making people who swim in it feel they have something special. The handful of you who got in a loop that made this possible shouldn't define the in game economy in ANY way. Most players have a LOT of stuff to buy still

Oh, but what if the poors get nice things

On 2019-12-17 at 6:55 AM, Goodwill said:

Considering there is nothing else to spend plat on, I'm buying them.

I've always thought that there should be a plat sink in Warframe instead of it constantly being injected and circulated without any way for it to exit the system (very few and far in-between ways).

In saying that, I do hope DE treads carefully because the ball only rolls faster downhill.

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Derpetrator said:

This is basically saying "#*!% you, got mine" to new players. There is absolutely no value in deflating the premium currency other than making people who swim in it feel they have something special. The handful of you who got in a loop that made this possible shouldn't define the in game economy in ANY way. Most players have a LOT of stuff to buy still

Oh, but what if the poors get nice things

I don't swim in it though. I usually get mine from Prime Access packs or 75% discounts and end up giving away most of it. As I said, there is nothing for me to spend it on really so there is little point in me hoarding it. I'm all for newer players or the "poor" getting nice things. More people to appreciate it with you.

You also overlooked the latter part of my comment. I'm not saying having a plat sink is automatically going to fix all the problems. I am merely saying that there is no issue having one small, insignificance plat sink. Unlike loot boxes in other games which are perpetual, rush repair drones only have use until you get the best in slot. Which was made easier now you can see what the stats are before you repair it. This also allows newer players to quickly catch up to the curve while not providing any significant advantages to veteran players who with or without repair drones have enough resources anyway and just need a little bit of patience.

But anyway, fact of the matter is that they don't exist anymore (in the market), and I don't really care. If that was DE's decision then whatever. It is kinda fun chilling in a mission collecting resources while striking up any number of odd conversations with whoever is in your squad.