Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack ordnance cannon obsolete?

Deshiel

I don't use it during my gameplay at all, there is like no place for it for now. Hopefully future content will give it a task or something.

When you go toe to toe with crewships, my most favorite thing to do is to reach them via slingshot, go invisible, hack the generator, shoot the generator and then teleport away via omi device.

When I take on the crewships with the cannon, it only takes 45% away and I still have to go get them on foot or via slingshot.

That's that.

I am aware that Railjack is still being tweaked and served to us in phases, but I do have one smol request based on the gameplay so far.

I'd like that gunnery inceltricks added a lock-on for the BFG ordnance cannon.

Edited by Deshiel

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

You are still using the MK0 Missiel arent you?

Those are to be used in higher priority targets, like the Outriders since it hits all the shields generators.

I think ordnance cannon = artillery, and yes they are pretty weak.

18 minutes ago, Mints said:

Gunnery what?

I think he means Intrinsics. XD 

I haven't had much luck with Ordnance myself. I don't know if I'm missing or if is just terrible damage, but it never seems effective and then I've ended up wasting all of my charges. That was based on the default one, but I just switched to the Galvarc last night before bed so maybe that'll make a difference for me next time.

Make sure you strike the hull with the artillery and not the engines as they'll eat a bunch of damage. For Earth it should be a one shot KO without damage Avionics for it, and 2 shots throughout Saturn and Veil Proxima with it suitably supported. Also there's no cooldown between shots save the induction, which makes getting rid of crewships when they're outside slingshot range a breeze.

Adding another launcher that stripped armor quickly would be a solution. Or give the artillery some kind of armor penetration mechanic so it doesn't become worthless as you progress. It's also annoying that I can only build four dome charges in the dry-dock while my cannon can hold five charges in a mission.

Artillery is great around Earth and helpful in Saturn Proxima. Sometime towards the later Veil nodes it becomes pretty terrible, yeah. Takes up to four direct hits to blow up one crewship on the final couple of nodes. Granted, that still makes artillery okay in most other missions, but it'd be nice if it could be boosted somehow, maybe via avionics or intrinsics.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

3 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Granted, that still makes artillery okay in most other missions, but it'd be nice if it could be boosted somehow, maybe via avionics or intrinsics.

There is an Avionic for boosting Artillery damage (Forward Artillery), but the only version I have boosts it by a mere 19.5%.

• Like 2

I wouldn't even mind it not one-shotting crewships if it was somewhat efficient.

But you are literally shooting them with pustrels and carbides and with quite lot of them too. But not only that, you also miss the opportunity to collect resources from crates within the crewship, which makes this weapon the greatest resource waster in the game.

Ordnance being terrible is the result of combining armor damage mitigation and fixed raw damage abilities. Sometimes DE gets something right and adds a way to scale up the damage, like Orbital Strike, but then they move 10 steps backwards and add a raw damage missile (or worse, dumb fire rockets) that doesn't scale with enemy level, armor and also costs tons of resources.

Edited by Anthraxicus