Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.8

[DE]Megan

it's been 17d now.

--Railjack Host Migration worsened, occurred more often. I couldn't even maximize the mod booster I bought from Baro.

it's not fun being left alone with 60 more fighters to kill and 4 more crewships and/or with the ship killer or missile platform still active and/or the galleon commander still alive and you're still in the railjack repelling boarders, patching up the hull breaches, fire and electrical damage the absolute worst case scenario.

--Exiting crewships is a suicide when you're at 100ms ++ latency...

I just use the Omni tool now if I'm saving my revives. even if the crew ships are bunched up together and the railjack is parked far away.

--Intrinsics point gains either disappears or reduced when doing consecutive missions (not going back to drydocks)

----^ Avionics and other items don't get updated to your account when doing consecutive missions. I LOST A FRICKIN VOID HOLE when the squad lead took another mission instead of going back to Dry Docks (abandoning the squad after a mission don't secure you your pick-ups)

--Hull breaches sometimes are irreparable due to some weird invisible object in front of it, or the game doesn't recognize that a hull breach is there.

--Camera glitches; geting stuck in a transition and stops following eg; exiting/entering railjack, platform or ships

and for the people complaining about railjack to be solo-friendly.

LOL.

go play at Earth Proxima, but don't ask for Veil missions to be solo friendly because the enemy scaling is crap.

and this is the best teamwork-oriented content DE has ever given us if we overlook the execution, it beats the purpose of the entire design if it were to be soloable.

hoping for a decent hotfix soon.

17 days.
* No hotfixes.
* Enemy scaling is bonkers.
* All enemies bullet sponges regardless of builds / loadouts.
* Bugs are getting worse.
* Reward tables and drop chances are punishing and very unrewarding.
*One Arching wing gun useful.  One Archwing useful.  All others trashpile gear as they stand presently.

17 days.
Where is the update or [censored] hotfixes?

Am 4.1.2020 um 08:47 schrieb master_of_destiny:

While I agree with some of what you are saying, I believe it is fundamentally incorrect.  Allow me to explain, and hopefully offer why your statements are incorrect.

Content creators are angry because of the systems in place, the lack of content, and the inability of DE to learn from their past ventures and from other industry figures.  None of this is because they don't have a job, but because the progress DE makes is so inconsistent and difficult to be positive about within the required time to post new content.  

Stripping this back further, DE doesn't do consistent progress.  They haven't for the last several year.  If you look back about four years ago the new content was about monthly, with new weapons and frames to fill out the things on the star chart, then the dojo, and eventually to introduce seasonal events for players to participate in.  With the Second Dream, that died.  Content now comes annually, with a new open world, and a raft of release issues that often make the game unplayable for weeks after release.  With that being what is present, and people jumping onto content to be the first because otherwise they don't get views, the marketing arm of DE (content creators) are crushed between having to make positive statements and create content immediately but having huge stretches where they have to produce videos with nothing to show.  

Let's talk release state.  There was a time when exterminate missions only spawned enough enemies to meet the counter, and sometimes they spawned out of bounds.  Yep, mission failure because there weren't enough enemies to kill.  Let's talk void fissures.  Those have literally been around as long as primes, and they still occasionally fail because you get to the end before enough reactant can spawn and no more enemies are spawning.  Archwing, PoE, Fortuna, and now Railjack are more of the same.  Try selling a game as positive when that's what you're looking at.

Last point, what does it take to be a partner?  You have to have a follower base, put out videos as defined by DE's timeline, and have to meet their standards which are not officially outlined.  OK.  Let's look at the content drought periods, and ask what you talk about when there's nothing new for the last 2-3 months.  1 video a week minimum, 4 weeks in a month, I don't believe a list video will suffice for eight videos.  Moreover, you can't find anything new because even the huge new releases only have the same mechanics repeated with varying numbers and RNG.  How do you say that a 2% drop chance item is worth grinding for, when it could literally take months to get?  More poignantly, if you stop pushing the content creation to spur interest (and thus sales) how do you keep the lights on?

Let's also take a look at grind as content.  I get it with things to about the 20% drop chance.  Why, 0.80^x=chance of failing.  Let me explain.  After 10 chances you've got an 11% chance of failing.  After 20 runs you've got a 1% chance of failing.  If you're looking at this as a compounded chance, you can drop low enough to be unreasonable.  A 20% chance of dropping a relic, with a 20% chance of being the one you want, with a 20% chance of dropping the reward is a 0.8% chance that any drop will be what you want.  If you get a reward every 120-240 seconds it's still pretty much unreasonable.  Now let's go from 2-4 minutes, up to 20 at a 2% rate.  Call it 5x the investment for 2.5x extra drop chances.  That's a pretty disrespectful valuation of our time as well.  So no, grind is not content.  Grind is a means to extend content, and we're willing to endure it if what we receive in return is good.  DE's job is to push that little bit past good for their player base, so people pay rather than grind.

Now let's look at Railjack.  20-30 minutes minimum for a group of random people to clear a mission in the Veil.  2% drop rates for reactors.  The reactors random roll for flux, avionics, and buffs.  I could be getting a terrible roll on that 2% drop.  I have in fact seen plenty of Zekti III reactors with poorer performance than the Sigma III reactors, but personally got lucky and got a 98 avionics 90 flux version.  Now that you've got a good drop and roll, let's make it.  Nope.  15,000 titanium and 1440 Asterite.  Asterite drops in 6-11 bundles, boy is that a lot of flying around and figuring where the floating rocks are.  Titanium is the same, and about 2.5 times more common depending on the area.  I have spent hours playing the game mode and cannot afford a MK III shield, reactor, and engine set because of that.  You've also got 5 different weapons, each at about 1440 a piece on them as well with similar titanium requirements.  I've cleared all of the map,and did enough grinding to get the Shedu, but cannot afford to build the stuff.

What about the intrinsics?  They're similar to the already existing focus system, right?  Nope.  People are grinding and quitting the missions where you can enter a base, because stealth kills grant more affinity and more affinity means more intrinsics.  The worst way to play Railjack is to be in a Railjack.  Why exactly didn't we have something similar to what already worked in focus?  Why do intrinsics follow a simple 2^(n-1) for their requirements?  I think it's because somebody was pressed for time after two years of development and just shot something out to have an actual content release this year.  People already earning level 10 in something "that should take months" according to the developers shows that they didn't develop and test the systems.

I realize that your statements go both ways here.  You say some grind is good, but grind walls aren't.  The simplest retort is that this is inductive logic, and why people say some games are great while others are garbage.  If you just suggest that DE shouldn't be beholden to content creators, while they literally provide the hype that sells crap in game so that it can keep going on, it's a bit difficult to follow the logical thread through.

As a final comment, let me address the fantasy.  I bought in during movement 1.0, there being no prime vault, and operators not existing.  With every subsequent update we seem to be moving farther away from that core, and the fix to problems is always the same.  Railjack is Starfox.  Old Blood is Shadow of Mordor.  PoE and Fortuna are Farcry.  The last two revelations were the Second Dream and Archwing.  None of this makes me a better space ninja, and more importantly none of this is why I bought into the game five years ago.  DE chases trends like the rest of the industry, and just like them have failed to remember that there is a point where you've strayed so far from what you are selling that your core audience no longer wants it. 

They've failed to polish out bugs until years later, and often reintroduced bugs with patching.  Their year of bug stomping stopped because they couldn't commit to it, and it decreased sales because they couldn't bang out bug fixes and content.  They maintain this is a game in beta so their never accountable for a finished and working product due to the legal loop-holes in the software leasing industry.  I appreciate that you want to put this kindly, but I have problems in saying to forget the content creators rather than to have the developers act like a bunch of grown ups who are releasing a product which should warrant spending money rather than one that assumes we'll spend money if they make the grind too insane for adults with other responsibilities.  I want to spend money because a thing is awesome, not be forced to because 2-3 months of grind to get it is required (Looking at you Braton and Lato Vandals, let alone Unbral Formas).

Yes. all of it.

1 hour ago, Shemarria said:

17 days.
* No hotfixes.
* Enemy scaling is bonkers.
* All enemies bullet sponges regardless of builds / loadouts.
* Bugs are getting worse.
* Reward tables and drop chances are punishing and very unrewarding.
*One Arching wing gun useful.  One Archwing useful.  All others trashpile gear as they stand presently.

17 days.
Where is the update or [censored] hotfixes?

They got back to work yesterday

14 minutes ago, realBiONiC said:

But why tho. Idk about holidays in canada but in germany work usually starts on the 2nd of january.

Maybe they have a longer holiday because that’s just DE policy. They can set whatever vacation schedule they like, of course.

Also, it’s possible only some of the team is back - possibly not enough to do a release of a hotfix.

I’m impatient for updates too, but realistically this isn’t an ER. Nobody is gonna die if they don’t release updates for another week. 

20 minutes ago, realBiONiC said:

But why tho. Idk about holidays in canada but in germany work usually starts on the 2nd of january.

Because DE is a great company who cares about their employees? DE was nominated as one of the top 100 places to work in Canada, probably for good reason (Who doesn't love long vacations?).

So, I've spent pages trying to explain why I'm frustrated.

Let me do the opposite now.  DE went on the holiday break.  They are just as entitled to some time off as anyone else.  Please have a bit of patience, and let them understand what has happened over the extended break.

I know this may seem contradictory, but they're human too.  Let them buckle back up, turn on, and give us some meaningful response.  If you want one the day they get back from an extended vacation you're going to get fluff.

Regarding the holiday, New Years was a Wednesday.  If you cut a week in half it's pretty standard to take the entire thing given how much productivity is lost.  Monday is slow, Tuesday is a slog to the holiday, Thursday is a slow start, and Friday becomes the end of the week.  You're better off just shutting down the entire week.

3 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

Chill guys at least until we see the fix, we may need to wait a couple of days cuz they need to fix a LOT of things.

They were doing 1+ patches a day since it launched and the game hasn't magically improved over the break. They absolutely should have come back in "putting out fires" mode

2 hours ago, KAEY0SS said:

They knew the holidays were coming before releasing this mess. They did it anyway because content drops mean people drop money. And they have things like 50p rush drones that just so happen to "fix" a problem that arose from the messy state their content was launched in, and when they made enough dosh from that they made a show of saying they find it icky and vow to fix it. 

They were impatient for our money, which means we get to be impatient for our bugfixes.

After all, they could have delayed Empyrean till mid January or so to release stable content with some internal playtesting to fix the worst problems with its in-game economy. They should have done that. They didn't, so as a customer I don't see the need to cut them any slack. 

Especially since it's proven that they like to ignore problems unless their customers raise a big stink. 

Releasing big content EVEN broken, still makes you play them, and people have a lot of free time to use in holidays than workdays = More feedback 

11 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Wrócili wczoraj do pracy 

Like I know, they've worked even on the weekend.
I suppose the first Fix will be on Thursday or Friday.
Just we need little more patience.
We can catch more Liches in this time.  We will need them when The Command intrinsic run.
Have fun and "Good hunting" ☺️

On 2020-01-07 at 2:40 PM, realBiONiC said:

Well bud, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is Canada. And DE is a good company that cares about the well being of their employees.

Archived