Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

([Update]Forced Auto-salvage Confirmed) Hey DE, you better not be auto-salvaging my railjack loot since your broken game has no way for me to manage the inventory for it

FataL-Flaw

[BUG]There is no actual way to view ANY of your railjack loot while your railjack is not fully built.

[Edit - Update - Confirmed] Finished my railjack today and found my components filled to the max with 30 pieces of T1/T2 crap.  Every T3 drop I received prior to being able to access the inventory was apparently auto-salvaged. (For the record, in the week my railjack was being built, I completed the entire RJ map and did in fact receive countless T3 drops that were forced into the scrap bin)

Seriously?  Seriously?  Is my stuff being auto-salvaged?  Is my paltry inventory space full of the minimum tier crap I acquired from when I first started playing railjack?  So it's only the veil drops that are being auto-salvaged now?

And I have  no way to stop it until I am past the forced week long mission chain?? 

SERIOUSLY??

I better be receiving a mail with every piece of loot this game auto salvaged with my having NO means to prevent it.

In before "lul dont play railjack til your railjack is  built lul"

Edited by FataL-Flaw
Updated
  • Like 5

I don't think you can make those tier 3 right away anyway, considering the massive amount of resources you need to get (15k titanium tenno)

Don't worry, you will be showered with that tier 3 that you will scrap sooner or later anyway and you will have enough dirac for your railjack

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't think you can make those tier 3 right away anyway, considering the massive amount of resources you need to get (15k titanium tenno)

Don't worry, you will be showered with that tier 3 that you will scrap sooner or later anyway and you will have enough dirac for your railjack

I'd say 12hour*6 is enough to gather all the resources for one or two of t3 equipment.

53 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

You want to see components for something that you don't have?

Did you miss the point?  They capped the amount of components you can have to 30.  I'm getting them as mission rewards with no ability to manage my inventory.  So in all likelihood they are going to scrap.

19 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

They said from the start it would be like that for Wreckage - maximum of 30, anything past that salvaged. Did you expect to get some sort of special treatment for going do the content before you could manage the rewards?

Oh, I expected to be able to manage the inventory if DE said I had to manage the inventory.

DE forgot to allow players a means to manage the inventory prior to railjack construction being complete.

How much you want to wager this will be fixed

• Like 1

Just now, FataL-Flaw said:

Oh, I expected to be able to manage the inventory if DE said I had to manage the inventory.

DE forgot to allow players a means to manage the inventory prior to railjack construction being complete.

How much you want to wager this will be fixed

Here's hoping it gets fixed by people without a Railjack not getting Railjack rewards, as it should be.

It would deal with this type of whining in the best way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Here's hoping it gets fixed by people without a Railjack not getting Railjack rewards, as it should be.

I agree in sentiment, they could have just gated the content.

This was an obvious oversight, not a design intent.  I'd also bet they significantly reduce the forced timing delay to complete the railjack eventually.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb FataL-Flaw:

I agree in sentiment, they could have just gated the content.

This was an obvious oversight, not a design intent.  I'd also bet they significantly reduce the forced timing delay to complete the railjack eventually.

I don't think it was an oversight to make this content accessible with Archwing. It might have been an oversight regarding the inventory management being tied to the vessel although you can do all railjack content w/o having it.

I don't have my ship build yet and was able to pull my weight as a member regardless, why should I not receive the same rewards? Having a ship or not doesn't add anything when you join someone else's crew.

• Like 1

Being able to join people without having your own is more of a handwaved thing to not separate players.

Canonically, your Tenno might not even know about building Railjacks yet, not know if parts would fit or whatever, with no reason to gather what would amount to wrecked junk. You already are rewarded with Intrinsics and crafting materials, you can live without Avionics until you get your own Jack.

1 hour ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

I don't think it was an oversight to make this content accessible with Archwing. It might have been an oversight regarding the inventory management being tied to the vessel although you can do all railjack content w/o having it.

That was the oversight I was referring to.  The lack of access to the inventory.

I did discover you can actually view your avionics through trade before the railjack is built, at least when you return to the pilots drydock.

42 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

To be honest you should be happy that youre even getting any salvage before you have your railjack built. There is no reason for you to get any salvage before you get railjack done and i think it should not be possible

To be fair, you shouldn't be able to go on any Railjack missions until finishing the Rising Tides quest.

That being said, there nerds to be some way to manage items on the Railjack without being forced back to the Dry Dock. Players are farming for certain avionics and having the potential for Mk3's to be overwritten because you farmed Earth/Saturn too efficiently sounds terrible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xBloodySin said:

The fact that you could play without needing to build a railjack first was literally advertised by DE.

What do you think people are going to do with those components without a railjack built? Do you think they are somehow getting rewards without putting in work? If they put in the play-time, they should get the rewards, even if they can’t yet use them.

• Like 1

Hmm well that genuinely sucks, what is the cap before the game starts yeeting your stuff and yeah it should yeet it in the order lowest to highest rank not order of aquisition. 

Honestly I just assumed the damaged components would be like mods or oberon parts and stack infinitely.