The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So DE said that it will take months....

Update

On 2019-12-27 at 7:05 PM, Rivyn said:

People wouldn't scream content drought if they paced themselves instead of cramming it in as quickly as possible.

The people I know that get burnout play only that one game for a period of time, so naturally they'll finish everything rather than actually stretching it to let new stuff come out. 

On 2019-12-26 at 10:50 PM, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

My Railjack is barely built and this guy's already fully upgraded his. Wonder what he does for income. 

That's not his railjack upgrades... You can earn intrinsics without a railjack.
It is increased with affinity boosters, so if he got those going all the time, it's not that implausible.

On 2019-12-28 at 1:01 AM, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People wouldn't scream content drought if the new content had replayability. 

It does have replayability. But he did burn through that replayability pretty fast.
Pray tell, how would you make the content replayable in a way that a guy driven like OP won't burn through it?

Edited by ReaverKane

23 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

But he did burn through that replayability pretty fast.

Then it doesn't have very good replayability. If you make it intrinsically good (balanced, polished mechanics, smoother grind, QoL changes) then "burning through it" won't even be a factor since you'll want to keep playing it over and over. Using the term "burning through it" means that it doesn't have good replay value, since the rate at which someone plays through something does not matter when it comes to a discussion of replay value. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

11 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

That's not his railjack upgrades... You can earn intrinsics without a railjack.
It is increased with affinity boosters, so if he got those going all the time, it's not that implausible.

It does have replayability. But he did burn through that replayability pretty fast.
Pray tell, how would you make the content replayable in a way that a guy driven like OP won't burn through it?

Fair enough, I don't have them started so it seemed like he poured a ton of time into it. 

The problem is they're taking the average player into account, not someone who jumps into something head first and finishes it as quickly as he can. One issue I have with games that release for full price (Destiny) is that you can finish the story in a day, and burn yourself out on strikes and other missions even playing normally. Then charging for DLC when it should've been free or part of the game in the first place. Ultimately I'd say keep the pace up and release content regularly. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Then it doesn't have very good replayability.

If you only play one game 10 hours a day for a week you'll burn the replayability. Pacing is important. Notice how alcohol advertisements say "Please drink responsibly," ? Similar concept with moderation to gaming. 

Edited by (XB1)Red Dough Boy

43 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

I don't think he did. I'm pretty sure he got that affinity/intrinsics by stealth farming footsoldiers, in which case he wasn't really even playing railjack.

Maybe don't make the replayability subject to the 500% stealth multiplier? Like maybe have a flat rate of one intrinsic per mission completed. I'd like to see anyone finish 4000 missions in a couple weeks.

Edited by SordidDreams

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I don't think he did. I'm pretty sure he got that affinity/intrinsics by stealth farming footsoldiers, in which case he wasn't really even playing railjack.

Maybe don't make the replayability subject to the 500% stealth multiplier? Like maybe have a flat rate of one intrinsic per mission completed. I'd like to see anyone finish 4000 missions in a couple weeks.

Don't tempt them. 

Also 4,000 capture missions could be possible in that time. 

wow bashing the op because he has a goal and set it, It's not that hard  i play casually and i'm  at all 8's , plat is ez in this game to help your progression and the rail-jack release to me is just another game mode, there is no real content expansion wise. 

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Then it doesn't have very good replayability. If you make it intrinsically good (balanced, polished mechanics, smoother grind, QoL changes) then "burning through it" won't even be a factor since you'll want to keep playing it over and over. Using the term "burning through it" means that it doesn't have good replay value, since the rate at which someone plays through something does not matter when it comes to a discussion of replay value. 

Ok, so no ideas either, good one!

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Fair enough, I don't have them started so it seemed like he poured a ton of time into it. 

The problem is they're taking the average player into account, not someone who jumps into something head first and finishes it as quickly as he can. One issue I have with games that release for full price (Destiny) is that you can finish the story in a day, and burn yourself out on strikes and other missions even playing normally. Then charging for DLC when it should've been free or part of the game in the first place. Ultimately I'd say keep the pace up and release content regularly. 

Of course it's meant for the average player, everything in the world is... If stuff was designed for the extremes, the average person wouldn't fit through a doorway, or houses would be like 1 meter taller. Most people wouldn't be able to sit comfortably in any chairs, etc.

6 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Ok, so no ideas either, good one!

Of course it's meant for the average player, everything in the world is... If stuff was designed for the extremes, the average person wouldn't fit through a doorway, or houses would be like 1 meter taller. Most people wouldn't be able to sit comfortably in any chairs, etc.

So the problem is you can't make it work for people that go to the extreme for grinding as they'll burn through whatever you add. Walls and limits are easy ways to make it so people can't finish things that quick but they also have more negatives than it's worth. 

En 27/12/2019 a las 0:24, taiiat dijo:

you can pretty easily get like 200 Skill Points from a few hours of play - you don't have to nolife even remotely.

If you're into mindless grinding for sure. That requires a specific strategy and endless repetition. DE expected us to play, not just focus on getting to the max level by repeating the most efficient route for hours and hours every single day. 

12 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

If you're into mindless grinding for sure. That requires a specific strategy and endless repetition.

no, it literally doesn't. just playing random Zone 3 Missions for a few hours(like 4-5) is EASILY 250+ pts a day.
if one had played 5hrs every day since the launch of Railjack, they could easily be at 10/10/10/10.

did you read the earlier Posts in this Thread? i specifically said no specific strategies, not playing all that efficiently, not even playing any specific Mission.
no. special. strategies. are. required. at. all. you don't even need to be very good at the game.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Like maybe have a flat rate of one intrinsic per mission completed.

that would be horrible, that would skew things even further into people feeling like having more to do in each Mission is just a waste of time. and Killing any Enemies that aren't mandated by the Mission are useless.

don't create Destiny, man. let stuff matter and then just let people play it.

Edited by taiiat

DE are apparently also incredibly mad that it's possible to solo Veil missions, seeing as I just went to solo the Veil Anomaly, and did it, success on all objectives, every one of them, and was literally right about to go and whack the red crystal, literally within 30 yards of it, when the game exploded and crashed harder than I have seen it do in years.

Well played, DE. Excellent. Phenomenal. I'd like my half hour back, pls.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb BornWithTeeth:

DE are apparently also incredibly mad that it's possible to solo Veil missions, seeing as I just went to solo the Veil Anomaly, and did it, success on all objectives, every one of them, and was literally right about to go and whack the red crystal, literally within 30 yards of it, when the game exploded and crashed harder than I have seen it do in years.

Well played, DE. Excellent. Phenomenal. I'd like my half hour back, pls.

That's how I got the Ephemera though. Didn't want to get on anyones nerves with my sudden leaving after searching the anomaly. Avoiding all the bugs when doing the rest of the objectives was the hardest part.

27 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that would be horrible, that would skew things even further into people feeling like having more to do in each Mission is just a waste of time. and Killing any Enemies that aren't mandated by the Mission are useless.

don't create Destiny, man. let stuff matter and then just let people play it.

I know it would be horrible, but it would make the content last. Making things grindy with no shortcuts is the only way to make content last. The fundamental issue is that game content takes way longer to make than it takes to consume and get boring. So you can either let players progress at a natural pace and not force them to keep playing content that've become bored of, in which case they'll complain about content drought, or you can stretch things out, in which case they'll complain about grind. You can turn the tuning knob this way or that depending on how much of each complaint type you want, but there's no position where you get none at all. The guy I responded to asked for a way to make content last even for people determined to burn through it, and I provided a way. Not a good way, IMO there's no such thing, but it would do what he asked.

Edited by SordidDreams

5 minutes ago, Sace said:

That's how I got the Ephemera though. Didn't want to get on anyones nerves with my sudden leaving after searching the anomaly. Avoiding all the bugs when doing the rest of the objectives was the hardest part.

Aye, but you can understand how incredibly annoyed I was. I didn't rush it, intending to abort, I did the entire mission, every objective, solo, and the game shat itself and died right at the last hurdle, with the quest objective in sight.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

I know it would be horrible, but it would make the content last.

grinding Skill Points should not be considered to be the entire longevity of Railjack. we only have essentially two Objective types and could really stand to have more Gear options (not more Tiers, just more choices), Et Cetera.

we don't need to have an XP bar that takes 5 years to fill in order for the content to be enjoyable to play for an extended period. just as how almost nobody bothered grinding Focus when it was new because getting any was really tedious to do, and the 'bars' for everything were so long that 99.9% of Players just didn't bother.
if you make some content "too long lasting", then people just don't even play it in the first place.

you want content to last? make content that's interesting to do and many people will just keep playing it anyways. you don't need to be grinding better Stats to enjoy a Gameplay loop that just works really well.
obviously that's the hardest option to do, but it makes the best game. where a game is made for the purpose of being the best game it can be, building a foundation that people are excited to just use, let alone seek Rewards on top of that.
there's many games out there that i could literally play forever - the Gameplay loop was made to be a game first and everything else second, so said loop is just enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

grinding Skill Points should not be considered to be the entire longevity of Railjack. we only have essentially two Objective types and could really stand to have more Gear options (not more Tiers, just more choices), Et Cetera.

we don't need to have an XP bar that takes 5 years to fill in order for the content to be enjoyable to play for an extended period. just as how almost nobody bothered grinding Focus when it was new because getting any was really tedious to do, and the 'bars' for everything were so long that 99.9% of Players just didn't bother.
if you make some content "too long lasting", then people just don't even play it in the first place.

you want content to last? make content that's interesting to do and many people will just keep playing it anyways. you don't need to be grinding better Stats to enjoy a Gameplay loop that just works really well.
obviously that's the hardest option to do, but it makes the best game. where a game is made for the purpose of being the best game it can be, building a foundation that people are excited to just use, let alone seek Rewards on top of that.
there's many games out there that i could literally play forever - the Gameplay loop was made to be a game first and everything else second, so said loop is just enjoyable.

Unfortunately WF's pay-to-skip business model precludes this, since it relies on people paying money to not have to play the game. If the game was fun and satisfying, nobody would do that. Nobody would pay to have less fun.