Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So DE said that it will take months....

Update

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

This is no occasion to dogpile OP there folks.
I for one was poking fun at all of us for our dedication to this time vampire, not just the poster.

True.  I was just asking so I can estimate how long it will take me based on how I play and RL commitments.  I’m about to go YouTube the whole RJ process because right now I’m just winging it and the RJ is more like a WW2 bomber with susceptibility to smaller fighters than any kind of “SENTIENT-BANE”.

1 hour ago, Update said:

C8eJ8py.jpg

Make it 2 weeks

You have a lot of free time and spent most of it playing Railjack. Probably used an XP booster too because...

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Apparently affinity boosters reduce the time I need to get to max them by 50%. 1 day net me ~100 points by doing around ten 10-20 minutes runs in Gian Point Veil Proxima with affinity boosters.

Noticed this as well.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

the RJ is more like a WW2 bomber with susceptibility to smaller fighters than any kind of “SENTIENT-BANE”.

Railjacks are just gunships / torpedo boats / corvettes in terms of size and loadout and probably incapable of bringing down large Sentient ships like what we've seen. The Orokin had to have fielded something akin to Grineer Galleons, right?

Edited by MirageKnight

Ah another thread picking on the OP instead of admiting that the devs yet again didn't test their game before stating the above.OP is the true beta tester and you guys with the 10 wives 152 children and 89 jobs need to understand that you just got old, go play checkers between  your medication hours and telling stories from the war or something.

Edited by DeathDweller

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

I would suspect there's a way to game the system.
We have some mighty clever players.

if i had had an XP Booster since the launch of Railjack, i would be at 10/10/10/10 by now. but i've only had a Booster by RNG coincidence for the past 3-ish days and i'm at 8888.

playing like 5hrs can totally be roughly 250 Skill Points. and that's not efficient or anything, that includes dying here and there and far from 'speedrunning' the Missions.
you literally don't need to do anything special to get Skill Points fairly quickly, you just do get them fairly quickly automatically.

it's just XP like anywhere else in the game, Kills, Objectives, Ship Repairs, Et Cetera all counts to getting Skill Points. pair that with having infinite XP sharing Range.

• Like 2

Anyone who does the math on how fast you can farm intrinsics and how much time it would take wouldn't be accusing OP of anything other than spending many hours a day doing only railjack nonstop with affinity booster.

Dev's estimate for months and months is intended for their average player (most of these players aren't even on the forums) as an endgame farm until the next new thing. So don't feel bad if a handful of hardcore players one up you in a race that you didn't even care about.

If she or he didn't have to drive anywhere and food was prepared for them and they ate as they worked/played, they could accomplish this with 8 hours played per day and still work 8 hours at a job, with optimal teammates who know exactly how to finish a mission asap. But I wouldn't wish this on anyone as that takes all the fun out of a game and turns it into 8 more hours of work. So they'd be working 16 hours a day or more with even less sleep. 

But the people who do this, its worth it because all it really is, is frontloading the effort and work into an "efficient" schedule where now they don't have to deal with railjack until new stuff comes out (which the command tree will be coming out in a month or something). 

The real question you should all be asking is what is the point of railjack? What could the new war possibly bring that would make any of the content actually worth grinding for? Are we all just grinding stuff for grinds sake since the goal just keeps moving every few months? Its the same problem with traditional MMOs except they power creep gear explicitly so you feel like you are working towards something that feels "final" for a moment.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Railjacks are just gunships / torpedo boats / corvettes in terms of size and loadout and probably incapable of bringing down large Sentient ships like what we've seen. The Orokin had to have fielded something akin to Grineer Galleons, right?

Since the Railjack evidently uses some sort of Void-based engine and the Sentients have a known weakness to the Void, it's possible that the weapons we're currently using were more of a secondary offensive system, and that the primary attack made use of the drive in some way (this may or may not have something to do with the Tunguska Cannon's firing mechanism).

To my knowledge, the only other armed Orokin vessels that we've seen thus far were the gilded Bolkors seen in the Tennocon cinematic, and if anything they were smaller than Railjacks. The only other ship design we've seen from that era has not been shown to possess any sort of armament

Then again, a larger ship generally means more automation is needed to keep it running optimally, which is exactly what you don't want when fighting a foe like the Sentients.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if i had had an XP Booster since the launch

That's also an augment to the core experience, as there's no promise you have one of those.

I don't expect those to be part of what they offer. Sometimes planets align in the RNG.
..other times you can nudge those planets in varying degrees if you have the means.

6 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

That's also an augment to the core experience, as there's no promise you have one of those.

I don't expect those to be part of what they offer. Sometimes planets align in the RNG.
..other times you can nudge those planets in varying degrees if you have the means.

that is all irrelevant, it takes nothing out of the ordinary to have achieved 10/10/10/10 by now.
there's nothing supernatural about it. you don't need to skip sleep, you don't need to abuse any Exploits, you don't need to perform any speedrunning strategies.

stop being superstitious about things that are not other worldly.

14 minutes ago, Avss said:

But the people who do this, its worth it because all it really is, is frontloading the effort and work into an "efficient" schedule where now they don't have to deal with railjack until new stuff comes out (which the command tree will be coming out in a month or something).

This is also a personal niche and preference. It's wonderful that it exists for the
people who engage it in that way. That comes across to me more like a desk job
than a videogame. My approach to them might feel just as backwards.. but that's
ok. So long as people have room to personify their own style, that's awesome.
Sometimes that style supersedes or transcends the others in ways, possibly
outstrips them, possibly just funny or technically interesting..
(I agree with what you're saying, just riffing on that.😃)

It's like how not everyone feels a strategy guide approach improves their
experience appropriately. Some find it more bothersome without it; Everyone's
carving out their own little slice in the game, that feels like what they want.