The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most efficient way to obtain intrinsics?

mrhapps

I know its based on the affinity in the mission, i'm just wondering the most efficient way to farm them since affinity has never been equal from all sources.

possibilities for most efficient that i can think of:

Killing more enemies instead of just completing objectives
Mission completion speed instead of killing every enemy you see
Repair spam as long as u have revolite
letting ramsleds board for infinite enemy killing? (not killing a side objective and staying sort of near it will send out seemingly infinite ramsleds)

any tips for fastest method?

• Like 1

You can also just capture and not blow up crewships and keep letting them spawn. I got up to 13 crewships so far on Kasio's Rest.

There seems to be a limit of 8. So you will eventually have to kill them to get a new one to spawn (hence 5+8=13 is my max!).

EDIT:

Spoiler

6Sdt4KV.jpg

Edited by nslay

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Please do not talk about this. DE will nerf it and ban people who did it.

nerf it sure, ban people for it? seems extreme IMO.

to be fair, people wouldn't be resorting to stealth tactics in a mode that's supposed to be all-out space Warframe if Intrinsics weren't such a grind at later stages. yet another item on the list to fix in the coming year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Stealth Adaro. If you have a build strong enough to perform finishers on the enemies, you can board a ship with those captains and go pure stealth. Leave the mission, cuz you keep intrinsics even if you quit, rinse and repeat

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

^This^

Brozime has a stream archived on Twitch in which he gives the builds and the method for this, if you don't already know how.

how exactly does stealth adaro (starchart mission) give me intrinsics for railjack missions. Maybe i'm dumb here but i thought intrinsics can only be earned in railjack missions

il y a 15 minutes, (XB1)Erudite Prime a dit :

Please do not talk about this. DE will nerf it and ban people who did it.

Lol no it's just affinity farm and it still takeq a lot of time to get 10/10 everywhere with this method, with a long, horrible, unfunny grind (for most people). 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

DE has banned people for affinity farms before.

only case of that i remember was an exploit. Using trinity nuke to get something like 1x10^24 affinity in one round of hydron, seemed warranted to me. Im not asking for an exploit, im asking for best way to farm it legit.

If you care about upgrading your Railjack, then note that avionics, resources and ship components are as much as (if not more) of a grind than intrinsics. If you do the stealth intrinsics farm, in the long run you're just increasing your grind because you're going to have to go back and grind for those other things anyway. Overall it is more efficient to gain intrinsics while farming to upgrade your ship.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3

If you can't be bothered with Stealth farm. Do Gian Point on Veil Proxima. 1 run there takes 10-20 minutes depending on gear. You can get 5-6 intrinsics per run without affinity booster. Great intrinsics farm spot while farming for Vidar Reactors

If you have particle ram battle avionic speedrun Earth Proxima by ramming it to ships. The ability will one shot them. It will take you around 10 minutes or less.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, schilds said:

If you care about upgrading your Railjack, then note that avionics, resources and ship components are as much as (if not more) of a grind than intrinsics. If you do the stealth intrinsics farm, in the long run you're just increasing your grind because you're going to have to go back and grind for those other things anyway. Overall that will be less efficient . Better to gain intrinsics as a side effect of farming the other stuff.

my ship is basically done. Only thing i want now is better reactor which will get easier in the future when they balance this mode more. I am at 7/6/7/6 which isnt even halfway with a nearly complete ship, i think 9/9/9/9 is halfway soooo ya, i want to know the best way to farm this so i can be more efficient.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If you can't be bothered with Stealth farm. Do Gian Point on Veil Proxima. 1 run there takes 10-20 minutes depending on gear. You can get 5-6 intrinsics per run without affinity booster. Great intrinsics farm spot whe farming for Vidar Reactors

If you have particle ram battle avionic speedrun Earth Proxima by ramming it to ships. The ability will one shot them. It will take you around 10 minutes or less.

i do see the most open squads on that mission, which i find interesting. The Flexa mission has a guarenteed galleon boss (fast to kill) and that boss gives quite a large amount of affinity by himself, and hes not the only enemy in the galleon.

Are the ships in gian point worth more or is there just something im missing about why flexa is not better?

7 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

my ship is basically done. Only thing i want now is better reactor which will get easier in the future when they balance this mode more. I am at 7/6/7/6 which isnt even halfway with a nearly complete ship, i think 9/9/9/9 is halfway soooo ya, i want to know the best way to farm this so i can be more efficient.

Then you got lucky with your avionics and reactor.

I'm on 9, 10, 8, 8 (which is halfway) and I have a big grind ahead to get a better reactor and Veil Proxima battle avionics (and a couple of earlier rare avionics). I've somehow managed to not drop a single Vidar Cryophon either. That's all from just playing missions normally. Maths says it will take as much grind to get those things as all the rest put together.

Edited by schilds

1 minute ago, mrhapps said:

Are the ships in gian point worth more or is there just something im missing about why flexa is not better?

It's intrinsicics per time spent efficiency. Flexa can take more than 20 minutes because of the guaranteed 2 bases and it only rewards you with 7-8  points without booster. While I can do 2 10 minutes Gian Point runs does netting me more points.

Just now, schilds said:

Then you got lucky with your avionics and reactor.

I'm on 9, 10, 8, 8 (which is halfway) and I have a big grind ahead to get a better reactor and Veil Proxima battle avionics. Maths says it will take as much grind to get those things as all the rest put together.

something else to remember, you can also buy those avionics, even dirac, but you cannot buy affinity. If you get tired of waiting for the good stuff you can just buy it but you still have to grind out the intrinsics. I am just using the sigma reactor because its higher than any zekti reactor you can find (which seem to be the most common drop) . Whatever the case with this i still want to know the most efficient way to farm them and if i get ship upgrades along the way of getting my mastery XP ill take them.

41 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

how exactly does stealth adaro (starchart mission) give me intrinsics for railjack missions. Maybe i'm dumb here but i thought intrinsics can only be earned in railjack missions

I said it in my post. Go to one of those missions that you need to board a Grineer Ship/Asteroid and stealth kill everyone, just like you do in Adaro. After you are done, you don't need to so the rest of the mission. Just quit, as you keep the intrinsics.

Edited by Anthraxicus

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's intrinsicics per time spent efficiency. Flexa can take more than 20 minutes because of the guaranteed 2 bases and it only rewards you with 7-8  points without booster. While I can do 2 10 minutes Gian Point runs does netting me more points.

hmm, i see. Earlier today i was doing invite only on Flexa to farm out the quellor bp with aborting after killing the boss and it gave me 1.5-2 intrinsics (with booster) for doing nothing else besides rush the boss so it seemed like it might be a better mission to me and i havent realised that gian point doesnt have the double objectives

33 minutes ago, schilds said:

If you care about upgrading your Railjack, then note that avionics, resources and ship components are as much as (if not more) of a grind than intrinsics.

Hell no they ain't. I've already farmed up all the dirac to get the avionics slots fully upgraded, all the useful avionics other than zetki hull weave (also all fully upgraded), a vidar mk3 reactor, and a pair of vidar cryophons mk3. The only thing that I'm really after are good vidar engines and maybe a zetki shield with +damage when depleted (and low other stats, I guess, since you kinda want that to be depleted as much as possible). Meanwhile, my intrinsics are 6,8,5,5. Which may sound pretty high, but, due to the exponentially increasing cost, it's not even a tenth of the way to max.