Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Railjack isn't as bad as some people said.

(NSW)Mbek

This is coming from a player who still needs a lot of credits to max out all his mods and occasionally running out of random resources like Oxium, Cryotic, Ferrite or Polymer (which I assume most of the complainer are on the same boat).

After I saw all the horror posts about Rising Tide resource sink, then checked the total cost on wiki I feel intimidated and held off crafting the Cephalon...... until last week.

Turns out the grind isn't all that painful, even without boosters (if you're not the type to rush things out, I guess). Doing high index 4 rounds a day, no need to do it back to back as that would burn me out despite each solo run only last around 5 mins. Then the mining part went surprisingly quick since Pustrel and Copernics are very common, around 30-60 mins each run depends on how often my cat use Charm. As for Argon I just went farm relics with Limbo in Hepit/Ukko while entering every room and spam Cataclysm.

Well that's it, I just want to share my RJ building experience. I guess I'll just conclude, don't let all the negativity affect you before you try it for yourself... after that, feel free to join the dark side if you hate what you just did.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Furybone said:

The items you mine can be obtained quickly in a single railjack mission if you go in with someone who has it built already.

Empyrean is delayed on Switch until next year, so no leeching RJ mission for easy farm, yet.

building the railjack to begin with is easy; it's the actual Missions with the railjack where you learn how much you'll need to farm for those Mk2 and Mk3 parts.

you will learn, as I did, that Pustrels and Cubic Diodes are worth more than your entire inventory outside of railjack. praise the glorious repair goop that is Revolite!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

building the railjack to begin with is easy; it's the actual Missions with the railjack where you learn how much you'll need to farm for those Mk2 and Mk3 parts.

Got 3 MK 3 sigma parts already, titanium is very easy to get and very easy to miss so I'm glad I enjoy flying archwing slowly looking around for glowing rocks because it's really relaxing flying in space

Can't say the same for pustrels though, might whip out my plasma drill again for 60 in 6 minutes in plains

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

How 84? Unless you mean the time to build the dry dock, research Cy, build Cy and then build the RJ. Otherwise it's only 72 hours.

you have to wait another 12 hours for "the computer to install itself" after it's done building before you can actually use it.

Just now, 844448 said:

Got 3 MK 3 sigma parts already, titanium is very easy to get and very easy to miss so I'm glad I enjoy flying archwing slowly looking around for glowing rocks because it's really relaxing flying in space

Can't say the same for pustrels though, might whip out my plasma drill again for 60 in 6 minutes in plains

You do know PC got a boost in resource drop amounts right? Console is only getting 7 titanium without a booster.

Eh, I don't mind the build/repair wait time, got used to it since the whole foundry system and clan research already time gated anyway. I can see why it might be annoying for people who usually skip with plats.

Edited by (NSW)Mbek
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

You do know PC got a boost in resource drop amounts right? Console is only getting 7 titanium without a booster.

From glowing rocks? From what I remember you got around 14 per asteroid before the hotfix, those glowing mines only drop 7 

The new resources were easy enough to get solo, the rising tide quest was hands down the most mind-numbingly repetitive quest to date. Do the same boring mission about 5 times, then wait 12 hours. I don't get how this is a good idea or fun. It took me over a week to finish because I got distracted by games that actually don't mind me playing.

Not really interested in space shooters anyway...and I'd prefer solo play that doesn't involve amesha cheese so I'll wait to see what future updates bring. Given the likelihood that the next story quest requires a railjack, I hope it doesn't require doing 25 tedious space exterminate missions or I'm likely done. 

• Like 1

Yes RJ is pretty fun. The only thing is they need to have different objectives. They are all about the same just more kills aka Extermination missions. But from what it seems, there will be more patches and updates to come 2020. Looking forward to more unique missions. 🙂

The grind is pretty dumb imo. Now that you have built your Railjack, pustrels and copernics will continue to drop on PoE and Orb Vallis, making it even harder to obtain the other resources when you need them. Basically, these new resources will pile up in your inventory without any use for them, as usual. And on to the next new resource.

18 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

The grind is pretty dumb imo. Now that you have built your Railjack, pustrels and copernics will continue to drop on PoE and Orb Vallis, making it even harder to obtain the other resources when you need them. Basically, these new resources will pile up in your inventory without any use for them, as usual. And on to the next new resource.

Good thing Thumper and Exploiter don't drop those 2 resources, eh?

Ever since I learned they drop boat loads of resources, I never go fishing/mining again, except for NW challenges.

47 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Eh, I don't mind the build/repair wait time, got used to it since the whole foundry system and clan research already time gated anyway. I can see why it might be annoying for people who usually skip with plats.

... I'm so sorry... I thought you got used to it since you were born, like all of us did...

But that's the whole thing about all those topics you've seen about building the Railjack... It never was about the resources needed for it... its simply very similar to real life when they can't skip timers.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm so sorry... I thought you got used to it since you were born, like all of us did...

But that's the whole thing about all those topics you've seen about building the Railjack... It never was about the resources needed for it... its simply very similar to real life when they can't skip timers.

From what I've seen there are 2 sides of complain, vets who already have virtually everything complain about unskipable timers, while casual or relatively newbie players complain about the resources, after all the quest can be unlocked pretty early, right after Second Dream.

It's not. But the most vocal in complaining in this forum are usually the ones that need the instant gratification. I'm not saying changes can't me made and adjustments implemented, but the thread storm we saw was a bit silly. I wonder what those same people thought when they saw the grind list for Railjack parts. . .

Then again, I had all but the new resources and argon already stored up, so I didn't have to do much grinding, so I'm a bit biased. 

• Like 2

I had zero issues with Railjack initial cost, or research costs.  I only needed to farm the new materials though so that's not saying much for my part.  I honestly don't even think it's a problem because there should be some sort of barrier to flying one around, considering the difficulty of the enemies you'll encounter.  I honestly think there should be some sort of barrier to even being able to crew on one in pubs, considering how many low levels have joined my ship and immediately fired off all my flux and missiles into the void and then not been able to handle the enemies because of said difficulty.  I don't think there should be an outright barrier to joining one though, in the event you have a low level friend and want to invite them.  Just to joining pubs.

I have a MASSIVE problem with railjack component repair costs though.  That's a load of BS.  I have a resource and affinity booster on and I'm gaining resources and intrinsics at the rate that I feel you should gain them WITHOUT a booster.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan