Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Used Orokin Catalyst then Forma - Do I lose the +30 from Catalyst?

(PSN)heatguy1986

Question

Been an off and on again player on WF. After a year of coming back I finally got a Vaykor Hek. I was able to max the weapon out to lvl 30. 

I then used an Orokin Catalyst which bumped my mod capacity from 30 to 60. I then decided to use a Forma to add a polarity. It then brought my weapon back to lvl 0.

Question is, once I get the weapon back to lvl 30, do I lose the +30 I got from using the Orokin Catalyst in the beginning?

17 answers to this question

Catalysts are one-time use and will forever double the Polarity Points you get on this weapon.

Edit: To be clear, a Catalyst doesn't add 30 point, it doubles the quantity. So +30 at max rank but (your mastery rank)x2 at rank 0.

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, (PS4)heatguy1986 said:

Thanks for clarifying the weapons aspect of Orokin Catalysts. I would assume that the same thing applies to Orokin Reactors in frames right? Meaning that I don't lose the double mods after applying the Forma. 

Reactors and Catalysts always stay no matter you do apart from selling and re-buying the weapon.
Forma reset the rank to 0 but the doubling stays, along with your starting mod capacity of your mastery rank.

just an FYI though, if you delete or use weapon/frame for crafting, you will need to reapply any reactors/catalysts/forma, it's strictly for that particular item. Say if you used a boltor with a catalyst to make a boltace, the boltace will need its own catalyst to get the full 60 points, it doesn't carry over.

3 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

just an FYI though, if you delete or use weapon/frame for crafting, you will need to reapply any reactors/catalysts/forma, it's strictly for that particular item. Say if you used a boltor with a catalyst to make a boltace, the boltace will need its own catalyst to get the full 60 points, it doesn't carry over.

Thank you. I thought that's how that worked at least but great refresher.

1 hour ago, (PS4)heatguy1986 said:

Been an off and on again player on WF. After a year of coming back I finally got a Vaykor Hek. I was able to max the weapon out to lvl 30. 

I then used an Orokin Catalyst which bumped my mod capacity from 30 to 60. I then decided to use a Forma to add a polarity. It then brought my weapon back to lvl 0.

Question is, once I get the weapon back to lvl 30, do I lose the +30 I got from using the Orokin Catalyst in the beginning?

Forma resets your warframe/weapon/companion back to level 0 after putting whatever polarity you chose.

However, this does NOT mean that it removes your potato. Your potato stays, though you will have to re-level said thing back to 30 for maximum mod capacity and with the added benefit of having another polarity to reduce capacity cost of [insert mod here].

The only weapons, so far, that REQUIRE at least 5 forma are kuva weapons and a certain heavy blade you can get once completing the [REDACTED] quest in order to reach their full and true potential.

2 hours ago, (PS4)heatguy1986 said:

OK so let me put your fears at rest about Catalysts forever:

Catalysts aren't a one-time use consumable. Catalysts are a boolean variable data flag. Weapon capacity = level * catalyst_installed. This is updated every single time a weapon levels up, forma or no forma. You can never "waste" the levels from a catalyst, and they cannot be destroyed except by selling the ENTIRE weapon