Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn is god tier

(XBOX)IMM0RTALBLUD

2 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Then you are not playing Gara correctly.

Gara have more survival and scale way way way faster than Saryn. 
Gara's downside is range, so yes you would in comparision to a Saryn not get as many kills, it would take way longer before mobs even would be close at being able to deal damage towards you, and once they are in range you pretty much instantly deletes everything, be it a level 1 mob or a level 200 mob.

Then you were not getting a lot of kills with Saryn, due to how affinity is distributed.

Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.

Even with a fullymaxed strength build and buffs gara still struggles to destroy masses of enemy the same way as saryn from around wave 20 onwards, sure you can get 1 million damage in a 15 meter radius and that is great, but it is slower and requires more activity which is why I think saryn must be nerfed to serve the balance.

And as for this thing about affinity I kill with saryn, I level my weapons, and fast, IDK how but thats what happened and it happened faast lol

22 minutes ago, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Even with a fullymaxed strength build and buffs gara still struggles to destroy masses of enemy the same way as saryn from around wave 20 onwards, sure you can get 1 million damage in a 15 meter radius and that is great, but it is slower and requires more activity which is why I think saryn must be nerfed to serve the balance.

And as for this thing about affinity I kill with saryn, I level my weapons, and fast, IDK how but thats what happened and it happened faast lol

Na. You are comparing a frame with fundamentally more diverse kit. Gara comes with protection from her abilities. (Including flat damage reduction and her ult) 

To saryn who's only powers are AoE damage.  Again, Hydron is low level. It's the star map. You nerf Saryn because of low level enemies and she's going to be gimped in sorties or any actual mission. 

You argument is devoid of any logic. Saryn is a nuke frame. She can't protect the defense target the way Gara's ult can. By your logic, any frame that isn't capable of the same thing needs to be nerfed. So Let's nerf Gara's ult into the ground. 

On 2020-01-24 at 10:59 PM, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

I got a low duration high range saryn build, with a miasma range of 53 meters its able to hit every enemy spawn on hydron if standing in the center of the map, i've used the build for a while and its usually unmatched by any other saryn player or any other warframe in terms of speed killing power, seems like i suffer very little for having such a large range, ability cost is not a problem because of zenurik school, strength is not a problem because of viral proc, and duration is not a problem because of spores... 

Duration: 47%

Efficiency: 160%

Range 265%

Strength : 130%

try it out yourself. Hydron, Sedna

build has space for regenerative molt too so i really feel like saryn's abilities range is too high, a nerf to strength would most likely make people annoyed because of high tier mission where range is not such a big deal although for Hydron on Sedna, Saryn, again just feels like i do not even need to watch the screen or move and sometimes i played with one hand without even watching the screen! A nerf to range would help with balancing. saryns 4th is ludicrous.  

Is this... a joke?! Dude, I can kill every single mob on this map in a instantly with volt 4 so much easier and faster than any saryn build. I can also do this on at least 2-3 other frames. Can we seriously stop talking about level 30 content as basis for any #*!%ing balance?

If you are talking about ESO, you have a point. But since we are at it, are we also going to nerf chroma damage for world bosses, Inaros in solo survivability, Valkyr in boss fights, Frost in defense and trinity when you need a healer? I can think of a couple of other frames that dominate specific niches as well. Are we going to nerf them all?

Seriously, please stop with the crap. 

• Like 1

That build for Saryn will certainly work against much higher level enemies than the Volt will. I mean, you play enough Onslaught, you see range Saryns taking the vast majority of the kills and hanging around to zone 10 or so, while Volts massacre the first couple of zones and leave the squad. Stating the obvious, the Saryn also takes slightly more effort than sitting around and pressing 4, but does so by stripping armor and building up damage, and Volt can't do either. 

Wow so you brought Saryn with lots of range to Hydron and she was actually killing stuff !? 

WOW we never heard about such thing in past 6 years. Dude you deserve medal or something, crazy skillz bruh, literally over 9000 IQ.

Kappa

• Like 1

В 25.01.2020 в 19:57, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD сказал:

Thank you, finally someone who knows.. I often feel like I AM TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME FOR OTHERS when I play using Saryn, It does not make sense for Saryn to have all that Dope and then Garuda for instance (IMO much cooler) to have a 4th ability that only deals damage to enemies inside the lines. I'm not saying make her any weaker but making Saryn harder to use would be fantastic and a challenge. (challenge accepted) 

dude, i am so thankful when i see Saryn, because it means i can stay afk and go drink some tea and wacth films, meanwhile my weaps are lvling-up. Do not touch Saryn, she is cool right now.

Edited by PoppyPrince

On 2020-01-25 at 10:11 AM, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Nice! I've played for a long amount of time (years and years and years) and I LOVE how using your abilities wisely and precisely can be rewarding, I appreciate your views but for me to do it so effortlessly (low energy cost, minimal/no movement and be rewarded so greatly seems unbalanced, Saryn does need some sort of nerf, something that adds challenge if nerfing range, strength or duration would have consequences. I like how Pablo is already on to me 😛 *sneaks off*

This is the basic problem I have with warframe in general.

What I like to call the cheese gap.

DE pretty much created specific frames for certain content and specific content around certain frames. There are always a few frames that are the meta for any type of mission or content and even one or two good ways to "cheese" that content through the use of very specific loadouts (gear companions mods arcanes etc...)

Advance players (meaning those that have progressed farther then the rest) will normally discover these cheese methods first, tweak those methods out to their max, become bored when the relevant content no longer presents a challenge to them and begin calling for nerfs to the very frames they used to complete the content in the hopes of being presented with a greater difficulty.

Frames which others are still trying desperately to build up so they to can enjoy the efficiency those frames provide; the same efficiency the advance players have already gotten to enjoy at their leisure.

The problem arises when DE actually listens to these players and implements nerfs to the frames/methods used to complete specific content but does not adjust the content they designed around those frames/methods accordingly.

So now the cheese or efficiency that the previous players used to complete specific content is no longer attainable to those who attempt it after.

^This is the cheese gap.

As more frames and abilities are nerfed, and the content those frames excelled at isn't, the gap widens as it become ever more difficult for newer players to progress at the same rate as those who completed it ahead of those nerfs.

Just because you have maxed out a frame to the point that the relevant content no longer provides you with a challenge is no reason to punish others who have not yet gotten to that point.

Edited by Aesthier

On 2020-01-25 at 6:23 AM, Arsonistic said:

No. You're dead-wrong. Any affinity gained to weapons is because other players kill enemies, which spreads affinity (kind of)evenly across your gear.

Read up on the wiki page for more details: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

Per the page you posted...

Bonus Affinity

If a player completes a mission successfully they gain bonus Affinity based on the amount gained during the mission. Bonus Affinity is shown as yellow in the end of mission report and is an additional 125% of the base affinity earned for each item.

On 2020-01-25 at 5:59 AM, (XB1)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

I got a low duration high range saryn build, with a miasma range of 53 meters its able to hit every enemy spawn on hydron if standing in the center of the map, i've used the build for a while and its usually unmatched by any other saryn player or any other warframe in terms of speed killing power, seems like i suffer very little for having such a large range, ability cost is not a problem because of zenurik school, strength is not a problem because of viral proc, and duration is not a problem because of spores... 

Duration: 47%

Efficiency: 160%

Range 265%

Strength : 130%

try it out yourself. Hydron, Sedna

build has space for regenerative molt too so i really feel like saryn's abilities range is too high, a nerf to strength would most likely make people annoyed because of high tier mission where range is not such a big deal although for Hydron on Sedna, Saryn, again just feels like i do not even need to watch the screen or move and sometimes i played with one hand without even watching the screen! A nerf to range would help with balancing. saryns 4th is ludicrous.  

Little tip, use negative strength on her if you want her to be even stronger

Losing corrosive procs that way, though, which means worse scaling. Not that Hydron cares, obviously.

8 hours ago, PoppyPrince said:

dude, i am so thankful when i see Saryn, because it means i can stay afk and go drink some tea and wacth films, meanwhile my weaps are lvling-up. Do not touch Saryn, she is cool right now.

I agree completely - I mean, I'm playing Khora or Mesa at the time, and I'm still trying really hard to kill things and keep my damage % over 15-20 vs. 7% each from the other two guys and everything else for the Saryn, but the difference is immaterial. However, that's only because weapon affinity sucks. If my kills were contributing to my weapon leveling instead of being the single thing subtracted from it, I'd care. I am always happy to see a Saryn in Onslaught, and to a certain extent, I feel like they're taking one for the team as much as the Wisp is, because they might be farming focus, but they're sure as hell not leveling weapons that way. But that's just abusing ESO (back) to make it the most efficient affinity farm possible. I appreciate it, but it's not good gameplay incentives.

On 2020-01-27 at 1:22 AM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Is this... a joke?! Dude, I can kill every single mob on this map in a instantly with volt 4 so much easier and faster than any saryn build. I can also do this on at least 2-3 other frames. Can we seriously stop talking about level 30 content as basis for any #*!%ing balance?

If you are talking about ESO, you have a point. But since we are at it, are we also going to nerf chroma damage for world bosses, Inaros in solo survivability, Valkyr in boss fights, Frost in defense and trinity when you need a healer? I can think of a couple of other frames that dominate specific niches as well. Are we going to nerf them all?

Seriously, please stop with the crap. 

Spores do not have timer (???????) so regardless of level, combo of Viral proc from Miasma + Spores is REALLY STRONG, even against level 140 corrupted bombard. No offence. Volt cannot be compared. I Never used equinox but that one seems to be fun... idk man if u think saryn good as it is then that is ok Y cus

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Losing corrosive procs that way, though, which means worse scaling. Not that Hydron cares, obviously.

I agree completely - I mean, I'm playing Khora or Mesa at the time, and I'm still trying really hard to kill things and keep my damage % over 15-20 vs. 7% each from the other two guys and everything else for the Saryn, but the difference is immaterial. However, that's only because weapon affinity sucks. If my kills were contributing to my weapon leveling instead of being the single thing subtracted from it, I'd care. I am always happy to see a Saryn in Onslaught, and to a certain extent, I feel like they're taking one for the team as much as the Wisp is, because they might be farming focus, but they're sure as hell not leveling weapons that way. But that's just abusing ESO (back) to make it the most efficient affinity farm possible. I appreciate it, but it's not good gameplay incentives.

focus farming is a thing i enjoy using saryn for hydron 10-15k w/ smeeta buff?

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarkForceLegend said:

Per the page you posted...

Bonus Affinity

If a player completes a mission successfully they gain bonus Affinity based on the amount gained during the mission. Bonus Affinity is shown as yellow in the end of mission report and is an additional 125% of the base affinity earned for each item.

Nice ^

8 hours ago, Aesthier said:

This is the basic problem I have with warframe in general.

What I like to call the cheese gap.

DE pretty much created specific frames for certain content and specific content around certain frames. There are always a few frames that are the meta for any type of mission or content and even one or two good ways to "cheese" that content through the use of very specific loadouts (gear companions mods arcanes etc...)

Advance players (meaning those that have progressed farther then the rest) will normally discover these cheese methods first, tweak those methods out to their max, become bored when the relevant content no longer presents a challenge to them and begin calling for nerfs to the very frames they used to complete the content in the hopes of being presented with a greater difficulty.

Frames which others are still trying desperately to build up so they to can enjoy the efficiency those frames provide; the same efficiency the advance players have already gotten to enjoy at their leisure.

The problem arises when DE actually listens to these players and implements nerfs to the frames/methods used to complete specific content but does not adjust the content they designed around those frames/methods accordingly.

So now the cheese or efficiency that the previous players used to complete specific content is no longer attainable to those who attempt it after.

^This is the cheese gap.

As more frames and abilities are nerfed, and the content those frames excelled at isn't, the gap widens as it become ever more difficult for newer players to progress at the same rate as those who completed it ahead of those nerfs.

Just because you have maxed out a frame to the point that the relevant content no longer provides you with a challenge is no reason to punish others who have not yet gotten to that point.

Cheeeseeee gap lmao . it is what it is innit lol

The cheese gap is just filled up with more gear checks though. If Saryn gets nerfed in a way that brings her down to 60% of her kill rate, she'll be capturing almost as much focus with a Lua lens as she would have been with the Eidolon lens that was the top tier as of her rework. 

Was doing a bit of that ESO weapon ranking today with Khora again, and I gotta say, it was nice in one session to go 1-8 with two Saryns and come out slightly ahead of them (the damage % split was almost even, but I was the orange one. X ])

Edited by CopperBezel

... Why.

What is the point of a topic like this. Warframe is a PVE game with virtually no PVP component to speak of, which means that no matter what map/mission/type of content you play, there's never going to be anything on the line. Your gameplay experience is yours and yours alone, especially if you play solo. So why do you care if Saryn has high damage potential? If you don't like the fact that she makes things "too easy" (newsflash: the game itself is easy as a whole) then just play some other 'frame.

Besides, that build for her isn't even that good.

I laugh when people try to compete with saryn. 

Sure if you want to sweat all that effort to get a higher dmg and kill count number and stroke your epeen, be my guest. I love it when people go out of their way to play the game for me.  

The point of saryn is that I can go half asleep on my keyboard and will still be able to clear  the maps up to any level thanks for scaling DoT damage with corrosive and viral proc.    

If people think that so much killing power cab be put behind pressing 1 and 4 every few minutes, then Im fine with it.  Only Umbra forma ive spend is on Saryn. I have no problem playing her.  

But if she needs a nerf, its super simple: limit duration on her 1. Why does her 1 even has unlimited duration? It let her make duration her dump stat, run overextend and all the corrupt strength mods for big damage and AoE.  

No srsly, its that simple. Limit the duration on her 1 to like... 15 seconds base value. Then you are done.  

Edited by Bakaguya-sama

2 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

If you don't like the fact that she makes things "too easy" (newsflash: the game itself is easy as a whole) then just play some other 'frame.

2 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

Sure if you want to sweat all that effort to get a higher dmg and kill count number and stroke your epeen, be my guest.

Put these two thoughts together, and you have my entire approach to Warframe.

The challenge of Warframe is finding ways to compete with Saryn without being Saryn. So please don't nerf Saryn, you'll make my game too easy.

Breaking news!!!

AoE frame good at small, high density maps.

Next up - A debate between a forum troll and a leecher on the topic of why are people complaining about Saryn on the forums, but bail in E/SO or Hydron when there isn't one.

That's all from us for now, tune in at 10 to find out why two out of three players use Inaros in Arbitration.

Edited by Ver1dian

On 2020-01-25 at 8:31 PM, Hellmaker2004 said:

Then you are not playing Gara correctly.

Gara have more survival and scale way way way faster than Saryn. 
Gara's downside is range, so yes you would in comparision to a Saryn not get as many kills, it would take way longer before mobs even would be close at being able to deal damage towards you, and once they are in range you pretty much instantly deletes everything, be it a level 1 mob or a level 200 mob.

I don't understand weather you're talking about Splinter Storm or Mass Vitrify

Cause I just can't get Mass Vitrify dmg to scale properly, and if you do know how I'd be very happy if you shared that!