The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do We UI Like We UI: Part II?

[DE]Rebecca

Copy of feedback from post from "Derelict Shift: Update 28.3.0" thread to keep it visible in here so it does not get drowned in update thread.

TLDR: New design is ugly, not functional and laggy.

End screen feedback:

New end mission screen does not remember that I want to see it extended. Diorama screen is useless flair that I am not interested at all and persistent music in end mission screen made me finally turn the music in warframe to 0%. I'd like to see what weapons were used by me in mission, I'd like to see how much affinity each of them have given to me (no, hovering over affinity symbol in end screen does not count - it's another case of "ABOUT" button without being a button. Only way in which this ui is usable is if I scale it to 50% (I am currently using legacy setting) but that breaks every other UI screen in the game by making it too small.

Mission progress screen feedback (|TAB| and in menu):

Please go to mission and press |TAB| few times and see how your frame rate drops and how you are getting blinded. Please delete those small blinding light animation as they serve no functionality purpose and are actively reducing performance of the game. Apart from that both tab and menu version contain enough info to satisfy me while in mission.

General feedback:

Mission progress screen is giving more and better organized info than new end screen design you have put in game. Please give us options to choose what we want to see in ending screen, I want to focus on actually stats, rewards, have them permanently ordered in way I want them and I don't want to see animated dioramas with music. I know it is cute and pretty and much fashionframe but I (personally) do not care about how other players look while I am in the mission unless it is something really eye catching. Please delete small light animation from mission progress screen as it's obtrusive and opening that screen few times can lead to being blinded by it. Overall whole design looks a bit like popups on bottom of webpages that is informing me that this website is using cookies. Too much negative useless space, not enough separation between fields on screen (just put darker transparent frames behind them to separate them a bit more). Also separate audio slider for end mission diorama would be nice, music on that screen only annoys me more.

Ending thoughts:

When I am comparing this design with what was proposed by you before I see almost no difference. All community feedback was as per usual ignored and swept under the rug.

tenor.gif

i4Hszao.jpg

Maybe make only the background of the in game and extraction "pose/flex" more transparent

expecially in mission i want to press Tab and keep an eye on how we are doing, but still have a sense of waht is happening.

Background just gets in the way.

The "icon background" there to improve  the reading experience can stay.

maybe give us a slider even?

In the Mission End Screen I love the new "badge of honor" honorable mention feature. It's more of a highlight for me than seeing X% dmg. for example I didn't know I got the most headshots before because I never looked down the stats that much. It's really fun to see the other invisible stats you guys keep track of!

Feature request for new UI. I want to be able to leave the squad from the Mission Results screen just like I used to. I would use the D-pad on my controller to mouse over to my profile icon in the corner, click Leave Squad, and then click Replay Mission. This makes running invasions (and various others) faster and more streamlined with less clicks.

Keep up the good work!

-(PC)LR-

Can PC folk post more end of mission screens.  Im concerned.  It doesnt look like fashion frame is being shown off as well as what they implied earlier.   

I saw an end of mission screen where the top half just showed everyone standing around, not posed, not close up and that was the collapsed view where the stats took up the lower half of the screen......  then it was expanded so stats took up 100% of the screen....   there is no 100% of the screen for fashion frame???

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Can PC folk post more end of mission screens.  Im concerned.  It doesnt look like fashion frame is being shown off as well as what they implied earlier.   

I saw an end of mission screen where the top half just showed everyone standing around, not posed, not close up and that was the collapsed view where the stats took up the lower half of the screen......  then it was expanded so stats took up 100% of the screen....   there is no 100% of the screen for fashion frame???

It's showing up properly on mine (PC, of course)

https://imgur.com/a/uOJVN98 )

My complaint is that sometimes it plays the "mission failed" music (that somber BONG that you get when you die too much/capture target escapes/didn't pay attention to life support for first 5 minutes/etc) at the end of a mission and that's jarring for me.  Probably just a question of not having enough in-game music to play for end of mission screens.

I find it annoying as hell that to know what frames people are playing when you joined an ongoing mission you must press esc.

Its a real nitpick but i would really appreciate it if i could not only see loot + xp gained when i pressed tab, but also what frames maybe even loadout people are using.

There is a lot of wasted space in the new UI i'm sure it could fit.

• 2 weeks later...

The game does not scale to 4K well; there is tons of empty space and on a 27" monitor- I need to physically move my head/eyes to take in information. If possible, please reduce the amount of horizontal space that the UI takes up, and increase the amount of vertical space. 

Note how far off the owned count is from the actual mod itself; I was used to the ribbon style and assumed I didn't have any. I need to physically move my eyes/head to look at the owned count.

hrckp6c.jpg

The UI scales way too much horizontally; it is once again hard to have my eyes scroll horizontally to process information. 

24x6Cnc.jpg

For these next ones- the UI does not scale vertically; there can be several more rows to help keep track of which row you are on when scrolling/ process information better.

JG43CVb.jpg

2Rw9VYi.jpg

tG72ni6.jpg

f3bU6BE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-07-05 at 7:02 PM, linn4you said:

- pls consider the idea to select a syndicate to collect standing instead of sigils, just activate it with a click at syndicates tab and highlight it,
i know it was mentioned quite often, sry

Or a little icon near the selected Warframe to let us know what syndicate that frame supports. We wouldn't have look every frame up ...   

• 1 month later...
On 2020-02-07 at 10:40 PM, (NSW)Flutterdrive said:

can you guys please add an indication for relics that are vaulted/currently out for the prime vault? something like a (V) at the end of the relic name or icon. (PV) for prime vault as well. needing to click every single relic in order to know which not to use is tedious 

THISSSS

• 1 month later...
On 2020-02-08 at 12:16 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

End of Mission
As we work on the re-design of this screen, we will ensure there is an expanded version of the screen you can access. Once you choose this expanded version, the game will remember it and only present you with this version of the screen for future missions, until you choose to collapse it again. We are still working on mockups for this which will come in a future Workshop or Devstream! 

Great! Finally we will be able to see stats without additional clicking again!

I also hope that we can move priorities in item list too(for example credits for me have lower importance than basic resources).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Add transparency to Mission Complete screens
    • Allow the ability to disable seeing other players' frames in this screen as it's just a waste of space
  • Add text-shadow to Mission Progress (hold TAB) text as white text in a white environment leads to invisible text
  • The popup effects (visual and audio) with the Progress Menu are overkill, and even leads to a loss in FPS

Honestly, the design lately is more style than substance, with a lot of new areas not even matching other new areas.

The latest changes have very little consistency and hurt usability.

Archived