Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We still need the option to get rid of lichs

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

1 hour ago, Lluid said:

The time I pressed X by mistake, I was thinking "no I don't want this weapon" but my fingers still pressed x just like with thralls or capture targets. This is clearly a matter of muscle memory, not of not paying attention.

Indeed. Same thing happened to me. My finger pushed x automatically and now i have an electric seer to get rid of. But i was also watching TV... so yeah.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, WH1735S0W said:

Lore wise Darth Vader can survive a few hours without his suit.

This a game with game mechanics, not a movie, that's what I was trying to say

2 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

Also are Kuva Liches really that annoying?

Yes, it takes hours to farm murmurs & they consume your r.mods, on top of not wanting the weapon they hold

50 minutes ago, Synpai said:

There are rare instances where you may not be able to see a sign upward due to the sunlight or massive trucks so they add them to the road and on the side as well, so are you agreeing that more than just visual and audio are okay or...?

I am definitely not against adding a mechanic to prevent accidental Lich spawns. I recognize the problem exists, however I feel that it fixing other's problems forcefully for them just cannot be healthy for anybody's living habits. But that's just me.

As I've said in previous posts, there are ways of implementing not only more effective preventive measures, but also even the suggested Lich cancellation button which would make it so you cannot cycle Ephemeras. Or even weapon % rates if you wanted to go that far.

46 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Like I said multiple times already, I have ADHD, meaning that the slightest thing happening can distract me from what I'm doing, & that can happen three or four times in a single mission, you blame it on me for having an attention deficit

Believe me or not, I don't care, but you can't deny that there must be some players that have it too, but you still want to punish them by saying: "well it's your fault"

And I don't know who you are nor I have ever interacted with you, so you shouldn't expect me to know about your disorders.

That being said, sorry to hear that. I am a part of community which has a high percentage of people who suffer from or identify their symptomps as ADHD. I know how it can affect their lives.

Nevertheless, majority of them lives with it and know they cannot avoid the mistakes. A few of them I've interacted for months and didnt realize they suffered from it until they told me. I've met some who were very humble, but I've also met some who perceived the disorder as entitlement for special treatment in every aspect of their lives.

Now, I am not denying mistakes with Liches don't happen. But I have already given examples of how DE did their part to warn people about the potential Lich spawning mechanic, so the fault is on players regardless of their state. But I have also given ideas on how to peacefully fix the issues and alleviate the impact and punishment people face because of those mistakes at once, so I feel we're square here.

Edited by Volrind
Fixin typos.

6 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

This a game with game mechanics, not a movie, that's what I was trying to say

I see, but it would be kind of silly if you could just tell your lich to go away.

7 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yes, it takes hours to farm murmurs & they consume your r.mods, on top of not wanting the weapon they hold

Why did you get the lich in the first? Also whats wrong with ignoring the lich?

Just make it so the Liches can't steal from you on nodes they don't actively control. 

Problem solved. 

That way you can put your Lich on "pause" whenever you don't feel like dealing with it without having to deal with the griefing mechanic that is supposed to endear the system to the players. 

6 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Except that if people could get rid of liches it would make ephemera farming EVEN easier, and drop the price down even further, since you could dismiss any lich without an ephemera. 

And? What's the problem?

16 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I see, but it would be kind of silly if you could just tell your lich to go away.

Which is why I'd like to have Palladino getting rid of our Lich in exchange for something

17 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

Why did you get the lich in the first? Also whats wrong with ignoring the lich?

In the first what? Also, my current Lich (which I have no intent to do) is on Lua, meaning it won't really impact my game with stolen goods, but:

1. What about others where their Lich is on another planet? The more missions they complete, the more rewards are stolen from them

2. If I don't kill my current Lich, I can't get any other kuva weapons, which is why I can't just ignore it, I'm just waiting until Lich-b-gone is implemented

2 hours ago, Lluid said:

Liches are supposed to be annoying, so being able to get rid of them would defeat their purpose.

However, the spawning mechanism should have a higher degree of confirmation. I wouldn't like having a message box appear, so having to press x for a few seconds or even a close up on the larvling with two choices just like when converting/killing a lich would be neat.

The time I pressed X by mistake, I was thinking "no I don't want this weapon" but my fingers still pressed x just like with thralls or capture targets. This is clearly a matter of muscle memory, not of not paying attention.

Wrong. They were supposed to be your nemesis, challenging and to hunt you down, but instead they are just a nuisance you have to go out of your way to hunt and farm some re skin of old weapons. 

1 minute ago, Educated_Beast said:

Even if you accidentally stab lich, can't you just abort mission?  If not, what about alt+F4?  

You cant possibly be angry about losing rewards for a rushed larva mission by the time you are ready to fight lich.  

Why not just exit game?  

Game saves your Lich the moment you stab it. Alt+F4 or abort does not work.

1 minute ago, Educated_Beast said:

Even if you accidentally stab lich, can't you just abort mission?  If not, what about alt+F4?  

You cant possibly be angry about losing rewards for a rushed larva mission by the time you are ready to fight lich.  

Why not just exit game?  

As soon as you stab the Lich, the game creates it & saves it on your account, you can't go back from this

3 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

As soon as you stab the Lich, the game creates it & saves it on your account, you can't go back from this

Well I didn't know that.  I always go very slow when a larvaling spawns.  So slow I think I'd prefer the pop-up / hold select kill / spare like we get on lich for kill / convert.  

That extra 3 seconds would be faster than moving around larva slowly and carefully.

Edited by Educated_Beast

51 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Which is why I'd like to have Palladino getting rid of our Lich in exchange for something

That could work, maybe you need a rare item in order to get rid of it.

51 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

In the first what? Also, my current Lich (which I have no intent to do) is on Lua, meaning it won't really impact my game with stolen goods, but:

1. What about others where their Lich is on another planet? The more missions they complete, the more rewards are stolen from them

2. If I don't kill my current Lich, I can't get any other kuva weapons, which is why I can't just ignore it, I'm just waiting until Lich-b-gone is implemented

Yea that was a error, my bad, meant to say "first place".

Also any kuva weapons you really want?

Edited by WH1735S0W

4 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

Yea that was a error, my bad, meant to say "first place".

Also any kuva weapons you really want?

I was looking for the Nukor, I got one with Grendel, but despite throwing up & eating people, he is considered "impact"

So since Liches can't have the same weapon twice in a row, I got a Toxin Bramma. I finished it & started farming for the Nukor again, & that's when after launching Cassini for the 10th time that I accidentally stabbed the one I have now, Tonkor, & I won't bother doing this one

What about having to hold "use" during the animation where you stab the larvling? If you stop pressing it, the animation stops & the Lich isn't created

It won't bother people saying it would slow down the game & it would get rid of accidental pressing

10 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Except that if people could get rid of liches it would make ephemera farming EVEN easier, and drop the price down even further, since you could dismiss any lich without an ephemera. 

I'm not sure if you think this is bad or trying to explain why DE won't do it. Either way, something like this wouldn't surprise me. It's DE's playbook to trivialize their own content down the road.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

These are not negatives. 

In fact, they're exactly the outcomes people have requested in page after page of feedback to DE: trim the grind time, make it more controlled, and tighten up the RNG. 

And seeing "there's nothing to do", "what to do now" or "when/where new content" threads later

6 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

So you want us to be attentive to every little bit happening in the game at once

I know you're talking about the blinking screen, but by the time I reach the larvling, dozens of other things happened, remember that it takes only one mistake, you can't expect us to be the best at everything 100% of the time

6 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Like I said multiple times already, I have ADHD, meaning that the slightest thing happening can distract me from what I'm doing, & that can happen three or four times in a single mission, you blame it on me for having an attention deficit

Believe me or not, I don't care, but you can't deny that there must be some players that have it too, but you still want to punish them by saying: "well it's your fault"

Okay, you have ADHD but can I know your play style first? Is it maniacally bullet jumping and flying around and swinging your melee like a madman or doing it slowly, only using the running button with little to no bullet jumping?

I have a hunch this accident came from people playing too fast, not paying attention to something obvious (flickering lights, and a kuva guardian talking about sukjekkt and that big arse red icon are not obvious enough?) and then blame their muscle memory or whatever that is convenient to them