Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So we had this year Tennocon already annoucned...

AVSManfred

Like, I know probably most people won't care about this but considering past year Tennocon and TennoLive was basically "more of the same" and seeing how progress goes with introducing new content to the game i can't really see a chance for this year Tennocon to not end up the same way, besides considering how much of a backlog of missing content to improve or  finish DE already have(3rd Orb fight on Vallis, fixing all the the huge blunder which is Railjack, fixing Liches to being actual challenge not just more grind, finally releasing Nightwave Season 3 etc.) I'm not sure if they will want to announce anything new, and considering constant problem for them is lack of time I'm not sure if giving up this year Tennocon and saving time they gonna spend on preparing it would be better solution, and even if this could be the hit into their ambition to be like a big AAA company they aren't yet, i think the good of the game is more important, they really need to stop taking more projects on their table than they can manage to deliver

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Morthal said:

Chinese investor hype while also pleasing the whales with shinies and low tier social interactions. Sounds like one hell of a win for DE as a company, if they want to continue ignoring the long game.

gosh... hurts to hear something i woudl expect to hear rather about Activision or EA... but seems like we're slowly getting there, but the community don't want to acknowledge that

They definitely are not giving up Tennocon. It wouldn't make sense for them to either, considering how much cash it rakes in between tickets, concessions, and merch stands (which sells out in minutes.)

There's also nothing wrong with them showing us absolutely nothing new this year at Tennocon, they can literally just flesh out what they've already been working on (more of Railjack, The New War, Duviri Paradox) and we'll be happy.

Just now, Lion said:

They definitely are not giving up Tennocon. It wouldn't make sense for them to either, considering how much cash it rakes in between tickets, concessions, and merch stands (which sells out in minutes.)

There's also nothing wrong with them showing us absolutely nothing new this year at Tennocon, they can literally just flesh out what they've already been working on (more of Railjack, The New War, Duviri Paradox) and we'll be happy.

1st thnig they always donate the money from Tennocon to Charity so not exactly sure if this is that much of a strong income source for them

2nd we have devstreams for "update on progress" information and Tennocon devolving into this is bad sign, and doubt people will be happy to get more promises they can expect not to be kept like we had with Railjack

This game needs a lot of changes, some down to it's very core, to have it's fabled "potential" really brought to life but this would mean DE would need to halt or seriously reduce additions of new content to game to really work on that, but instead they dig deeper into the corner they put themselves in and keep building upon systems that are just not designed for a game that supposed to keep players invested for years and now more than ever it shows, and in the way that bits them in the butt 

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Nah,  they gonna give someone $250k to go to space.  tenor.gif

That's one less person asking for changes they don't wanna do, only a couple more million registered losers to go. Sounds like a good strategy. 

On a serious note, 

I don't attend tennocon myself, but in my opinions any conference should be about live interacting and communication (the loot is nice too I suppose). 

Giving a pseudo demo of things they don't have plans to actually deliver should be avoided. 

But I do not have much hopes. I expect it will be the announcement of one big thing that is not even in the pipeline of development that will not be delivered as shown. 

And its getting worse every year cause of the backlog that keeps piling up. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Nah dats gonna be the person who wins the $250k towards a flight to space. Lol 

The prize was a quarter of a million dollars.  Then it was up to the winner if they wanted to use it for going to space.  The "go to space" part was just to thematically tie it into Railjack.

7 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

The prize was a quarter of a million dollars.  Then it was up to the winner if they wanted to use it for going to space.  The "go to space" part was just to thematically tie it into Railjack.

Yeah, I doubt 250k would be enough to get someone to space.

I like the idea of Tennocon being the big reveal of the year. The big update either being shown off, or being launched. Plus it should be like any other con. A celebration of the community, with community made creations being sold and shown off. In fact, I wouldn't mind if there wasn't an update shown at all and it was just a celebration of Warframe's community and what it contributes. I do think that to keep it relevant for those at home, it needs to have that big hit. Like a reveal or an update launch. Or maybe a significant amount of progress. But that'd be tough for DE to do every year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

I like the idea of Tennocon being the big reveal of the year. The big update either being shown off, or being launched. Plus it should be like any other con. A celebration of the community, with community made creations being sold and shown off. In fact, I wouldn't mind if there wasn't an update shown at all and it was just a celebration of Warframe's community and what it contributes. I do think that to keep it relevant for those at home, it needs to have that big hit. Like a reveal or an update launch. Or maybe a significant amount of progress. But that'd be tough for DE to do every year.

It wouldn't be tough if they quite literally managed their resources and understood their limitations properly. I would personally not mind if the reveal was minor , but they keep trying to make everything bigger than last year.

I think this is damage control. DE are still reeling from the fiasco of Railjack's Launch, and we're still waiting on a lot of other stuff that was promised: Glass Maker, Corpus Railjack missions and Liches, Scarlet Spear, etc. at least if they get the announcement out of the way, they can start focusing on updating us on the progress of new and upcoming content. now obviously I want DE to get things done right with updates and NOT rush them out the door like they did with Railjack, but we still need these updates to come out long before Tennocon so that people can then get hyped for whatever they show there.

if I had to guess, I'd say by then they might have a demo version of Planes of Duviri to show, though I think they should finish the New War arc before then, tying one update into the other: we finally confront lotus, and then some timey wimey BS happens and we end up in Duviri for a spell, then after finishing that story arc, we have the ability to go between Duviri and the rest of the system at a whim. I could be way off the mark, but my point is that if they want to keep player's interest, they need to spin out these updates long-term as they said they would. NO MORE RUSHING!

9 hours ago, Morthal said:

I'd feel happy if they took some of that money and used it to hire real programmers--er...MORE programmers.

Meh, people still wouldn't notice any difference for a year or more. It takes time and resources, not just money, to teach the newcomers how stuff works in Warframe specifically (or any other game), no matter their level/qualifications.

Edited by Thundervision

Fixing old content is a luxury that you can't sell nearly as well as new skin and prime packs for 120 bucks. Same goes for story content. People have been wanting DE to slow down for years, but they cant with how they monetize the game. There is no way to keep players playing during bigger dev cycles because the entirety of the game is made up of gear and cosmetic grind. There's no PvE gameplay loop that is just rewarding on its own, and they dont seem to want to spend there sources implementing something like that, so it'll just be more gear grind previews, a 2nd teaser for duviri, a third teaser for the new war quest, and various concept designs for weapons and units. My guess is corpus liches(get your 65 MR-forma ready), some sort of sentient expansion to the invasion mechanic, and... yeah, if we're lucky, some info about what they're going to do with sentient warframes, the soon to be deleted helminth room, and its never implemented warframe focus tree.

• Like 3

To me, TennoCon is nothing more than DE's way of holding back half-assed content so that they can tease 5 seconds of gameplay and pretend that everything's going according to plan.

And we all know that nothing ever goes according to plan around here.

I mean, they teased Railjack for years, and then it's still half-assed.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think this is damage control. DE are still reeling from the fiasco of Railjack's Launch, and we're still waiting on a lot of other stuff that was promised: Glass Maker, Corpus Railjack missions and Liches, Scarlet Spear, etc. at least if they get the announcement out of the way, they can start focusing on updating us on the progress of new and upcoming content. now obviously I want DE to get things done right with updates and NOT rush them out the door like they did with Railjack, but we still need these updates to come out long before Tennocon so that people can then get hyped for whatever they show there.

if I had to guess, I'd say by then they might have a demo version of Planes of Duviri to show, though I think they should finish the New War arc before then, tying one update into the other: we finally confront lotus, and then some timey wimey BS happens and we end up in Duviri for a spell, then after finishing that story arc, we have the ability to go between Duviri and the rest of the system at a whim. I could be way off the mark, but my point is that if they want to keep player's interest, they need to spin out these updates long-term as they said they would. NO MORE RUSHING!

Railjack is no more a fiasco than Warframe from 2014. People acting like Railjack is the worst update Warframe has ever had when really Warframe has been a pretty terrible game from year one. What? Warframe was better when it had same old boring tiles and repetitive game loop? Warframe was better when they added in some new tiles but same boring gameplay loop? Warframe was better when you found out you are actually emo teenagers? Did it become better when you were able to actually able to play as said emo teenagers? Or did it finally became better when they added a bigger, emptier tile?

Face it, Warframe was always a terrible game and will always be.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb AVSManfred:

Like, I know probably most people won't care about this but considering past year Tennocon and TennoLive was basically "more of the same" and seeing how progress goes with introducing new content to the game i can't really see a chance for this year Tennocon to not end up the same way, besides considering how much of a backlog of missing content to improve or  finish DE already have(3rd Orb fight on Vallis, fixing all the the huge blunder which is Railjack, fixing Liches to being actual challenge not just more grind, finally releasing Nightwave Season 3 etc.) I'm not sure if they will want to announce anything new, and considering constant problem for them is lack of time I'm not sure if giving up this year Tennocon and saving time they gonna spend on preparing it would be better solution, and even if this could be the hit into their ambition to be like a big AAA company they aren't yet, i think the good of the game is more important, they really need to stop taking more projects on their table than they can manage to deliver

My big problem with last years Tennocon is that it seemed like most of the stuff that they showed wasn't ready to release. What means they wasted one- two month of the year just to build the Demo to then start over because most of the things in the demo didn't work in real gameplay.

Also i think at the beginning of the year steve said they won't be any big suprise at tenno live because they thought they could release Railjack shortly before Tennocon.

Edited by (PS4)joehan1287

1 hour ago, Goodwill said:

Railjack is no more a fiasco than Warframe from 2014. People acting like Railjack is the worst update Warframe has ever had when really Warframe has been a pretty terrible game from year one. What? Warframe was better when it had same old boring tiles and repetitive game loop? Warframe was better when they added in some new tiles but same boring gameplay loop? Warframe was better when you found out you are actually emo teenagers? Did it become better when you were able to actually able to play as said emo teenagers? Or did it finally became better when they added a bigger, emptier tile?

Face it, Warframe was always a terrible game and will always be.

Well yeah but at least  it kept players busy and somewhat satisfied with constant small additions of new content, but now with going everythign BIG thye just can't hide it anymore, so this is why they might need to work on changing this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Fixing old content is a luxury that you can't sell nearly as well as new skin and prime packs for 120 bucks. Same goes for story content. People have been wanting DE to slow down for years, but they cant with how they monetize the game. There is no way to keep players playing during bigger dev cycles because the entirety of the game is made up of gear and cosmetic grind. There's no PvE gameplay loop that is just rewarding on its own, and they dont seem to want to spend there sources implementing something like that, so it'll just be more gear grind previews, a 2nd teaser for duviri, a third teaser for the new war quest, and various concept designs for weapons and units. My guess is corpus liches(get your 65 MR-forma ready), some sort of sentient expansion to the invasion mechanic, and... yeah, if we're lucky, some info about what they're going to do with sentient warframes, the soon to be deleted helminth room, and its never implemented warframe focus tree.

i would rather than luxury it's neccessity at this point, the core gameplay limitations start to show in every darn new gamemode DE are trying ot make, making every "new" expiriance feel the same, and DE made a big mistake by not working on this earlier in game's life but now thye will have to if they don't want to see it die sooner than later, corpus liches sound like bad idea considerign current oens are still lackluster, and wasted potential for osmethign that ocudl posses some sort of challange if DE used tools they have at hand intead of just being grind

You know I still would have bought No Man's Sky back 2014 if Sean Murray had simply said on that stage at its reveal..."this isn't in the game...but, this is a visual representation of our roadmap of where we want to take it...We have a build currently that you could technically play, but it'll be rough...do you want it next year..or do you want to wait till 2020...?"

I would've been like ship it.... I'll slog through it if I can keep what I slogged through for. I wish these developers would just say..yeah this is the idea we have going forward..this is what we are going to do instead of the underhanded hype train...I think they would be surprised with the player base factoring in do we like them, have they come through in the past, and is there anything else like this that can replace it...No...okay I'm all in...

Warframe has been very lucky that other developers are all in the doghouse of low expectations, so much so that they come off as relatable and trusted...

I hope they don't hype anything...and I really hope the New War goes full Thanos and wipes the game of all its clutter using the war as justification and lore to get rid of the issues plaguing them...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

18 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You know I still would have bought No Man's Sky back 2014 if Sean Murray had simply said on that stage at its reveal..."this isn't in the game...but, this is a visual representation of our roadmap of where we want to take it...We have a build currently that you could technically play, but it'll be rough...do you want it next year..or do you want to wait till 2020...?"

I would've been like ship it.... I'll slog through it if I can keep what I slogged through for. I wish these developers would just say..yeah this is the idea we have going forward..this is what we are going to do instead of the underhanded hype train...I think they would be surprised with the player base factoring in do we like them, have they come through in the past, and is there anything else like this that can replace it...No...okay I'm all in...

Warframe has been very lucky that other developers are all in the doghouse of low expectations, so much so that they come off as relatable and trusted...

I hope they don't hype anything...and I really hope the New War goes full Thanos and wipes the game of all its clutter using the war as justification and lore to get rid of the issues plaguing them...

Honestly i also think DE must akcnowalge both playerbase but maybe most importantly themselves they have a lot of work to do to improve Warframe and most of it is not on adding new content but on fixing and changing the game itself as i said in response to other comment, a lot of problems we face now come fro mthe fact that core gameplay design is very limiting, and for all these yeas DE tried to work with these limits, isntead of trying to get rid of them but it can't go liek that any longer and it becames too transparent for players to ignore, so they should stop ignorign it themselvs like Armor scalign is one thing thye want to change but entire scaling system is one big blunder to begin with and this is what i mean by saing core game elements need to be changed

12 hours ago, AVSManfred said:

gosh... hurts to hear something i woudl expect to hear rather about Activision or EA... but seems like we're slowly getting there, but the community don't want to acknowledge that

Oh we've acknowledge it, I have refused to play until new content drops (I didn't even log on for primed chamber, no need when melee still exists).