Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno will really find a way to complain about anything

(PSN)LeBlingKing

25 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

That's a good point about Chroma. Specially now that people will probably have to go farm more arcanes in eidolons to rank them up to 5 lol. But honestly I'm more concerned about having self damage weapons nerfed hard, half the damage on the AoE component (which is honestly the most important):

"As a result of this overall systemic change, Weapons with Stagger will be getting approximately a 20% buff in Damage, with any weapons with AOE receiving a 50% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact."

I guess everyone that were crying about killing themselves a couple times per mission because they couldn't be a little more careful where they aim can enjoy their halved damage. 

50% fall off..... so going from effective AOE to flashy.... great.... granted did take more then 1 brain cell to not blow ones self up I suppose. There goes a chunk of the effectiveness of AOE's entire point. 

Maybe just rework Chromas vex armor?

I don`t think we need a mod that is a straight up nerf to every weapon, unless you`re using this one frame. Seriously, who woud benefit from having self damage other than Chroma?

Maybe you could buff spectral scream and make it have self-damage? Or, you could make vex armor a hold type ability, where you hold it to sacrifice health and shields for the buffs.

4 minutes ago, Littlelosttank said:

50% fall off..... so going from effective AOE to flashy.... great.... granted did take more then 1 brain cell to not blow ones self up I suppose. There goes a chunk of the effectiveness of AOE's entire point. 

Exactly. It felt very rewarding to play a self dmg weapon and dish out dmg while trying to avoid killing yourself. But no brain cells (or sense of failure) allowed in Warframe. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

20 minutes ago, Lightel03 said:

Maybe just rework Chromas vex armor?

I don`t think we need a mod that is a straight up nerf to every weapon, unless you`re using this one frame. Seriously, who woud benefit from having self damage other than Chroma?

Maybe you could buff spectral scream and make it have self-damage? Or, you could make vex armor a hold type ability, where you hold it to sacrifice health and shields for the buffs.

For me I hardly ever touch Chroma, I like the AOE for its ability to clear entire rooms though as that is whats fun. However with liches I did have to branch into higher level content to remain effective and loved stuff like the Brama, Kuva tonkor and the chaucorate.... thing riftle the flint lock lol. AOE that actually took out high level grinner or corpus. 

18 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Exactly. It felt very rewarding to play a self dmg weapon and dish out dmg while trying to avoid killing yourself. But no brain cells (or sense of failure) allowed in Warframe. 

Just took some skill and trigger discipline, learn the weapon. Ya know. THINK. Target charging ya? Fire at the ground behind, or the wall, or better yet bullet jump back to put some distance before firing. AOE weapons are more about clearing hoards with well placed round then spamming rounds everywhere. 

I'm not even a shooter expert and easily learned how to manage my Ogris, my kull star, my Brama, Its seriously not hard to figure out. 

This 50% nerf is going to just render them... flashy, a 20% buff to the impact damage? The direct impact is pithetic to begin with a 20% buff to that won't off set anything for the nerf. 

Gotta love it when a entire group of weapons have their entire purpose nerfed because of a lack of people unable to do basic targeting and trigger discipline. 

20 minutes ago, Littlelosttank said:

Gotta love it when a entire group of weapons have their entire purpose nerfed because of a lack of people unable to do basic targeting and trigger discipline. 

Ooooh you'd be surprised. I usually like to check players stats on accuracy. Some people have ~30% accuracy on hitscan weapons like rubico. That's like 7/10 shots missed.

Edited by Fellas92

16 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

Ooooh you'd be surprised. I usually like to check players statistics on accuracy. Some people have like 30% accuracy on hitscan weapons like rubico. That's like 3/10 shots hit.

Wait really? I don't make it a habit to go over peoples profiles. I know my accuracy is dropping thanks to my heavy use of ignis or tonkor or ogris ect but thats because the game only counts a direct hit. I can still use weapons like my synapse well. 

I'd have thought weapons like the rubico would... ya know... need higher accuracy to be effective. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlelosttank said:
24 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

it never actually did
not really

Clearly it did.... otherwise this entire topic would never had happened. Guess we just use more brain cells or something then I dunnu. 

Yup. If people didn't blew themselves up, why did they whine 24/7 for self damage to be removed.

7 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

Yup. If people didn't blew themselves up, why did they whine 24/7 for self damage to be removed.

nobody likes RNG death. major reason why liches dont do it anymore. having someone randomly pop out in front of you as you fire, ragdoll enemies into you as you fire, latency, etc. git guders always crack me up with their BS.

31 minutes ago, Littlelosttank said:

otherwise this entire topic would never had happened.

26 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

Because we wanted to use those weapons and have fun without the:

18 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

RNG death

Or do you actually believe that not blowing your character up in a video game is a sign of great skill and intellectual prowess?

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo
  • Like 2

Liches it was pure RNG, Not with self damage weapons. As a self damage weapon user its called situational awareness. Learn the weapon you want to use. Does take a little thinking other then jumping into the fray blindly. Self damage weapons are not your basic boring rifles and never should be. 

Keep a distance, watch your surroundings and radar, might mean they are not the ideal weapons to be speed running with though. 

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

nobody likes RNG death. major reason why liches dont do it anymore. having someone randomly pop out in front of you as you fire, ragdoll enemies into you as you fire, latency, etc. git guders always crack me up with their BS.

Its not really RNG. I think you'd be better off just saying random or undeserved deaths. I've never had -or possibly more accurately noticed- a ragdoll causing me to self damage. Latency is a problem all to itself and the game can become almost unplayable with or without self damage. Also, squad mates jumping in front of you can be annoying, but that can easily be mitigated rather effectively by minding your positioning. This is the only time self damage gets me and it is frustrating when it happens, but its not a good reason to kill an entire play style.

Edited by NoCakeMix

I mean, chroma's the only viable DPS frame in eidolon hunts, so even though it's "just one frame" it's the one frame that's needed to farm arcanes.

It's especially bad because people now need twice as many of each arcane and thus will need to do farming, but won't be able to farm effectively due to the lack of a DPS option for those hunts.