Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 139 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The Arcane changes don't really effect me, but boy is the salt gonna be real on that subject.

Arcane changes are technically good. sure you can't do double stack but will get 1.5x more overall and can use another arcane for another 1.5x of something else, that's really nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Arcane changes are technically good. sure you can't do double stack but will get 1.5x more overall and can use another arcane for another 1.5x of something else, that's really nice.

"BUT IT ISN'T THE SAME, 1.5x ISN'T 2.0x SO IT IS A NERF AND NERFS ARE BAD" is all I expect to hear on the subject, even if it means that we wind up with 2 different 1.5 effects some people will never be happy.

But I do agree that variety > excessive stacking.

• Like 1

Guys.. I really think you should reconsider the self damage changes.. as a Chroma one trick pony when it comes to eidolon hunting this change shafts me so much I don't have any experience using any other frame for eidolon hunting, and I have very limited time to play the game. I would be nice If you guys reconsidered removing the self damage mechanic or least changed Chroma's Vex Armor so I this change doesn't hurt Chroma's viability in eidolon hunting.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Bear in mind, this affects Sortie and Veil level enemies, which I imagine are the main intent, alongside future-proofing. Don't forget they've said that they don't design around endurance runs. Plus there's the fact that it makes balancing easier overall now that we aren't dealing with EHP deviation that resembles the difference between Final Fantasy and Paper Mario.

Overall, I'm very  happy with this devstream. Warframes foundations have been creaking for a while now, and only shaking more and more with every new thing added. DE using the opportunity of their year of themed content (i.e. New War) to go back and do some maintainance is a very good sign.

I mean it’s nice they’re addressing big things, but they didn’t have to nerf certain arcanes. Nerfing the good things doesn’t make the bad things suddenly more appealing to play. I’m not going to be throwing Arcane Warmth on all my builds because DE doesn’t want it to be less desired than Arcane Grace.

Just now, LOKOUBA said:

Guys.. I really think you should reconsider the self damage changes.. as a Chroma one trick pony when it comes to eidolon hunting this change shafts me so much I don't have any experience using any other frame for eidolon hunting, and I have very limited time to play the game. I would be nice If you guys reconsidered removing the self damage mechanic or least changed Chroma's Vex Armor so I this change doesn't hurt Chroma's viability in eidolon hunting.

I use Chroma without self damage for Eidolon hunts. You’ll be fine.

Just now, LOKOUBA said:

Then instead of advocating for the same dull chroma that has been for years, advocate for chroma's kit to be updated to use him for MORE than just his raw damage increase for weapons. Chroma is now in a worse spot, which means if enough people point it out, DE will gaze upon him and maybe improve him like titania/vauban.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

variety > excessive stacking.

Yup I'm just worried about the costs of improving our arcanes to rank 5, and I hear rumor that the new dual squad update/operation might be selling eidolon arcanes. I just hope us forced solo players (bad internet) can participate too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Then instead of advocating for the same dull chroma that has been for years, advocate for chroma's kit to be updated to use him for MORE than just his raw damage increase for weapons. Chroma is now in a worse spot, which means if enough people point it out, DE will gaze upon him and maybe improve him like titania/vauban.

Yeah, im aware Chroma's kit is hella outdated, but its easier to ask for a Vex Armor change rather than a entire kit rework. Even if he gets a rework it's not gonna be a lost for me if he stops being viable for eidolon hunting because he's the SINGLE frame I hunt with.

Edited by LOKOUBA

3 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Agreed, people being addicted to Chroma's damage buffs for too long has left him as one of the top 5 most generally useless frames in the game.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean it’s nice they’re addressing big things, but they didn’t have to nerf certain arcanes. Nerfing the good things doesn’t make the bad things suddenly more appealing to play. I’m not going to be throwing Arcane Warmth on all my builds because DE doesn’t want it to be less desired than Arcane Grace.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But a lot of the frames that will REALLY feel this change are frames that, arguably, had the situation be a bit broken.

Take Inaros. That guy takes more damage than your average meter-thick wall of solid titanium. I'd say removing his ability to be deadpool on top of that is justifiable.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. But a lot of the frames that will REALLY feel this change are frames that, arguably, had the situation be a bit broken.

Take Inaros. That guy takes more damage than your average meter-thick wall of solid titanium. I'd say removing his ability to be deadpool on top of that is justifiable.

He's still deadpool though, I rarely use his abilities I just use grace/guardian (and have been) and am fine. He needs a redesign on his kit anyways, or at least a buff. All of his abilities deal is healing/armor, so he's just.. tanky. Wish he was a vampire equivalent of nekros - summoning 10+ minions that dealt real damage and stayed around longer than 5 seconds. Which means nyx could also receive a similar buff since they're the same in that regard.

7 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

He's still deadpool though, I rarely use his abilities I just use grace/guardian (and have been) and am fine. He needs a redesign on his kit anyways, or at least a buff. All of his abilities deal is healing/armor, so he's just.. tanky. Wish he was a vampire equivalent of nekros - summoning 10+ minions that dealt real damage and stayed around longer than 5 seconds. Which means nyx could also receive a similar buff since they're the same in that regard.

Fair, honestly.

Point stands though, Inaros is tanky as all hell, most frames that double-arcane weren't really needing it. There are arcanes that aren't Arcane Warmth as well that might see more use, like Arcane Consequence. More speed can be nice, not going to lie.

38 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I get max buffs after getting hit by one of their attacks. If I can do fine with minimal experience. A professional tricapper will do even better.

In professional hunts, the eidolons get pretty much stunlocked, getting full buffs off a stun-locked eidolon is very unreliable up until the healing phase.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Tennocon may be an online only thing?

Well, thay sucks.  Now I'm not sure I want to buy my airline ticket this far ahead.  (Ya know, when it's not $1,000+  ;-;)

Better than having it completely cancelled lol been to the past 3 it's a great weekend as a whole but if I save a few bucks this year I'm not opposed to it either. 

22 minutes ago, RyanCooper101 said:

What is this? did I miss something from the stream?

New Ash deluxe skin, i dont know why he is so skinny from before that we seen him in some image, but i think they just show him and didn't say anything about him... 

Ash skin looks... weak. Also feels like it belongs to Inoras or Buruuk, not ASH. Was really hoping for something as SWEET as the new Excalibur skin. Now THAT looks good. 

Spoiler

playwarframe_65571491_410254622910780_87