The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Reactions Simplified

[DE]Drew

Tenno, 

We have simplified the forum reactions to include only 'Like' (+1 Reputation). The previous reactions were essentially doing the same thing as a 'Like' by providing 1 Reputation. If you have a response that cannot be conveyed by an emoji, we encourage you to make a post explaining your opinion. Reactions are a good way to quickly show support, but posting your constructive thoughts is always appreciated. 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Correct me if I am mistaken, but will this change not turn "Haha" into the equivalent of a dislike? Why not just call it dislike then? Not a fan of euphemisms.

There are times "Haha" is a legitimate reaction to something amusing. 

Low key sad I don't have the Satisfied reaction anymore though.

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Correct me if I am mistaken, but will this change not turn "Haha" into the equivalent of a dislike? Why not just call it dislike then? Not a fan of euphemisms.

Fair point. To avoid abuse, we'll simply have the 'Like' reaction. Any disagreement or contention should be discussed in a post. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I kinda want to know how much of a problem rep farming actually was to encourage this change. xD

Stats would be nice.  I can only think of one or two people I've seen 'potentially' rep farming by baiting 'haha' reactions.  I called one of them out and they responded by 'haha'ing all of my posts they could find.  I guess in that one instance I unintentionally farmed rep with that comment so now I can only think of two or  three people...

Oh wow, it's finally happened. 

One degree closer to 451. 

Joking, it's not that bad, but I dislike this change that is proposed,

and it is clear if I have to show my dislike from a post, that is extra effort,

as compared to a simple click,

it is an attempt to reduce the discontent shown by people and paint a rosy picture , I personally will be posting more and showing where I dislike things with reasoning. 

The justification of "rep farming" is such a load of bull pie, who the hell cares about it?

7 minutes ago, Jivy said:

wait people care about rep?

Some think the Warframe forums rep game is more fun than actual playing Warframe the game. Rep game was somes "endgame" lol. That said I think all rep should be deleted IMHO. Or at least hidden from public view unless you follow the individual or something. 

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Stats would be nice.  I can only think of one or two people I've seen 'potentially' rep farming by baiting 'haha' reactions.  I called one of them out and they responded by 'haha'ing all of my posts they could find.  I guess in that one instance I unintentionally farmed rep with that comment so now I can only think of two or  three people...

Someone went through my posts and did the same a few weeks ago.  Honestly, putting rep so easily seen was a bad idea for a forum that wants to push constructive posting.  Not only does it detract from the quality of some posters content just because they want those stupid green numbers but I've actually experienced new posters say "well, based on your reputation, I think you're right" 

No, those are just stupid numbers that do not convey the quality of my posts.  The majority of those come from Off Topic and should have NO bearing on what you think of my post.

Archived