Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did They Change How You Reload The Corinth?

8faiNt

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Well, if you like reload simulators, may I suggest Strun Wraith or Exergis? The Strun series of shotguns are also one-by-one reload (very annoying!).

Strun is dead after this last status update and exergis is .. weird feeling honestly.

46 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

I think they said the reload animation wasn't working

Hopefully that's the case, corinth is my backup since strun is gone .

20 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Strun Wraith is not gone. It still has respectable crit (18%) and can be made potent with a hybrid build. But Impact will make it quite a bit annoying to use!

My complaint about Strun Wraith is the stuttering reload scenario where you're shooting your last shell and then reloading, then shooting your last shell again, and then reloading, etc... (it's an interruptible reload).

So why use Corinth or Strun Wraith when you can use Vaykor Hek which is better suited to potent hybrid builds (and it doesn't have that annoying reload mechanic!)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Strun Wraith is not gone. It still has respectable crit (18%) and can be made potent with a hybrid build. But Impact will make it quite a bit annoying to use!

My complaint about Strun Wraith is the stuttering reload scenario where you're shooting your last shell and then reloading, then shooting your last shell again, and then reloading, etc... (it's an interruptible reload).

So why use Corinth or Strun Wraith when you can use Vaykor Hek which is better suited to potent hybrid builds (and it doesn't have that annoying reload mechanic!)?

Mine was a hybrid crit/status build, which has been.. killed.  I don't mind the reload (one reason why I use it actually), never much cared for the hek.

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Mine was a hybrid crit/status build, which has been.. killed.  I don't mind the reload (one reason why I use it actually), never much cared for the hek.

I mean, it can still kill level 140 Gokstad Officers expediently after the update. I modded it for Status/Viral and Crit/Hunter Munitions. It's not as efficient as Viral/Hunter Munitions Vaykor Hek or Kuva Kohm, but it's still deadly.

Just that Impact has made it incredibly annoying to use! You carefully aim and shoot the Gokstad Officer in the head and she falls on the ground! How annoying!

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

I have both, and they serve two different purpose. Both great weapons, I use them in different situations...

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I love the single shell reloading! It feels more realistic and if you manage it well you can stay topped up. 

sure, but the only reason we still use tube magazines on shotguns today is because Shotgun Cartridges don't work easily with Magazines: if you've ever looked in a box of shells, you'll see they are placed in a "69" arrangement, because otherwise they won't fit in the box properly. the same problem would arise in a magazine, where obviously the shells all have to face the same way. magazine fed shotguns exist of course, but their reliability is sometimes questionable.

warframe is set WAAAY in the future, where spaceships, teleporting and lasers are commonplace technology: you can't tell me that weapons engineers haven't figured out reliable shotgun mags by then. there's no reason to still be loading shell-by-shell several eons into the future..

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sure, but I'll take magazines over manual reloading any day. more practical.

actually, one by one reload system is more practical because you can reload after your every shot quickly and you will never run out of your '' magazine '' that way. Manual reloading is just taking a big chunk of time that you could be shooting. and one by one reload kinda fixed that by allowing you to shoot while also reloading.

anyway, regardless, I dont like how DE's changing something from it's original instead of keeping the concept.

Edited by 8faiNt

1 minute ago, 8faiNt said:

actually, one by one reload system is more practical because you can reload after your every shot quickly and you will never run out of your '' magazine '' that way. Manual reloading is just taking a big chunk of time that you could be shooting. and one by one reload kinda fixed that by allowing you to shoot while also reloading.

anyway. I dont like how DE's changing something from it's original instead of keeping the concept.

Corinth is a bit quicker to reload, but it's easy to stutter reload/shoot with Strun Wraith even with Chilling Reload... and it's very annoying.

Honestly guys, If there's something cool about shotguns and why I like them so much, its because of the way you reload a shotgun. Strun Wraith and Corinth is pretty much my go to fun shotguns in the game.
but since shotgun rework, Strun Wraith is actually in a pretty bad spot and I prob need to do some twists in my build.

Corinth gets a prime version but now they are changing what made the gun so special for me. I mean, I understand that it can be annoying from a gamer perspective but I just hate to see that I wont be using corinth since it is now like any other shotgun. It's not satisfying to reload or shoot.

Im also not a big gun fanatic but prob the look and sound of a reloading shotgun is the most fun thing about a shotgun. Shame that they are taking that away from Corinth. Honestly, like, if i wanted to use a powerful shotgun, I could be just using kuva kohm or something. I was using Corinth because it was fun to play with. and like i said; IMO, one by one reload is more efficient than the other way arround. anyway.

Spoiler

Edited by 8faiNt

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

warframe is set WAAAY in the future, where spaceships, teleporting and lasers are commonplace technology: you can't tell me that weapons engineers haven't figured out reliable shotgun mags by then. there's no reason to still be loading shell-by-shell several eons into the future..

Valid argument, but I offer a counterpoint that traditional shotguns are rad. Mossbergs, Ithaca’s, Bennellis, every single one of them is rad as hell.

The only thing that could make them better in this game is if the reload speed mod changed the animation to 3 gun style quad loads.

16 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

Strun is dead after this last status update and exergis is .. weird feeling honestly.

Strun wraith is a good hunters munition shotty still. Idk if it's dead but I know boar prime and Tigris prime are

18 hours ago, nslay said:

Well, if you like reload simulators, may I suggest Strun Wraith or Exergis? The Strun series of shotguns are also one-by-one reload (very annoying!).

Mod the Exergis for reload speed and it's like a pump shotgun with an endless magazine.

17 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I was worried when watching it that corinth's tactical reload isn't on the prime version. Reloading one shell at a time is a really good feature as it can trigger stuff each shell that is loaded.

Plus it was the only true unique pump action shell fed shotgun in game but still corinth has a 5 round mag and 2.3 sec reload image the reload with 20 rounds it will probably be a bit more then strun wraiths 5.0 sec reload if it's still shell fed and actually gets a decent buff all around to base damage cc cd sc and fall off otherwise it's just trash buffs all around not ok anymore de we want the good buffs like with gram p I mean come on it's a fk crit shotgun it needs power creep