The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second attemp at changing how bundles work

DemonStrikerX

Well so I tried once to bring up the issue of changing how bundles work, which didnt get much attention or enough attention for DE to consider it so I sent a big ticket to DE to see if they would consider changing to which they sent me back to the forum so here is what I wrote to DE support. 

"Hello there something that has been bothering me for quite a while is the way bundles work in the game and how they are displayed (this applies to big collections and deluxe bundles). So starting with collections I have noticed for some collections there are always items that have no way of being obtained other than buying the whole bundle Baruuk's collection is one where there is no way of obtaining the mandala decoration other than buying the whole set (not that i am aware of atleast), an exception to this which i very much liked was the garuda bundle were the bloodshed sigil had a way to be obtained without buying the whole bundle. For many players including me this can be very annoying because when we own things like the frame and weapons in the bundle by playing the game its almost meaningless to buy a bundle where you own most of the things but you buy it just for a decoration, I think this can very easily fixed and the game currently already has a variation of this fix in the game. Bundles are supposed to be an option to buy things in larger amount for cheaper however there is always the option to buy them separately where if you buy each item separately it will end up costing more which is the whole purpose of the bundles and can be seen in many warframe bundles in the market however when you do not have the option to buy things seperately especially when you own some of the things that can be earned from the game this can be a waste of the players money and time since they ended up grinding for the frame. Now moving to Deluxe bundles. Deluxe bundles are cosmetics and are very nice however they are subjective and might not be to everyones liking and sometimes the bundles come paired up with very nices accesories with them which players have no way of getting other than buying the whole bundle this is again a waste of money for they players because if the player will not use the skin then buying the whole bundle is just a waste of money if all they want is the accessories coming with the bundle, the fix for this again is to separate these things making each a bit more expensive if they are bought separately compare to the bundle also the players who bought the skin already should have the option of buying the accessories separately for a bit more than the whole bundle if they ever change their mind and decide they want the accessories of that particular deluxe skin. I hope my opinion will be taken into consideration and the right implementations will be done. Thank you" 

I AM FIGHTING FOR THIS UNTIL IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS NOT BEING A THING!

30 minutes ago, DemonStrikerX said:

Well so I tried once to bring up the issue of changing how bundles work, which didnt get much attention or enough attention for DE to consider it so I sent a big ticket to DE to see if they would consider changing to which they sent me back to the forum so here is what I wrote to DE support. 

I am guessing you don’t realise this means many people simply don’t care? Why would DE change it if the majority are happy with the way it is now?

On a side note, you should really consider the formatting and length of your request. It is hard to care what someone is saying when it is poorly formatted and not remotely concise. Just a suggestion, if I was doing support and got a ticket like yours you would get a stock response.

It feels predatory but is also not a particularly uncommon practice for developers as well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Unfortunately, I don't see a change happening unless someone with a name and a sizeable following makes a public stink about it...That's just my opinion though.

3 hours ago, DemonStrikerX said:

I AM FIGHTING FOR THIS UNTIL IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS NOT BEING A THING!

I will say only this...

Just because YOU do not think there is a reason, does not mean there is, in fact, no reason.

Happy Windmill Tilting!

I'm all for bundle exlusives being a thing, but I'm also all for those bundle exlusive things being sold seperately, if you already have the bundle items that are sold seperately.

Like if you own Frost Harka, you can pick up the sword skin seperately, but if you dont have the Harka you wont be able to pick up just the sword skin.

15 hours ago, Methanoid said:

because some of those items may not get sold in a million years by themselves but happen to contain that 1 thing you do want that looks fantastic, also more stuff = more moneys, everyone likes more moneys.

I know money is the main reason they are doing this and is exaclty why this has to change even if they are a business

15 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

It feels predatory but is also not a particularly uncommon practice for developers as well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Unfortunately, I don't see a change happening unless someone with a name and a sizeable following makes a public stink about it...That's just my opinion though.

yes that is the issue

15 hours ago, Methanoid said:

because some of those items may not get sold in a million years by themselves but happen to contain that 1 thing you do want that looks fantastic, also more stuff = more moneys, everyone likes more moneys.

Money is what the world runs on for sure but, that doesnt mean things should be done in this manner so u can squeeze money out people for no good reason other than the fact that you can

I'm all for it.

I got Frost Harka through an event and now I don't have the sword skin. Obviously not gonna pay for the full price either coz I already had the skin.

I can't really complain the free stuff but honestly just delete the separate option. If someone bought the separate and then is forced to pay again just to get the rest items it's unfair.

10 hours ago, DemonStrikerX said:

Money is what the world runs on for sure but, that doesnt mean things should be done in this manner so u can squeeze money out people for no good reason other than the fact that you can

DE is still better at trying to get money out of us than other company's that expect you to not only pony up front for a full price title release, as well as also pushing other ingame transactions, DE are still doing things better than most, as i said before its only really their accessory packs i find a complete ripoff/turndown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-31 at 12:25 AM, Methanoid said:

DE is still better at trying to get money out of us than other company's that expect you to not only pony up front for a full price title release, as well as also pushing other ingame transactions, DE are still doing things better than most, as i said before its only really their accessory packs i find a complete ripoff/turndown.

Hmm dont really understand what you are saying towards the end but just because other game companies are money hungry and  messed up doesnt mean that if DE is a little bit less messed up thats fine 

I do not advise DE on how to monetize their game,

It is the one thing i will not advocate , even though i have my own opinions on the matter.

I will however talk about how their monetization may or may not be smelly and make me feel disappointment.

3 hours ago, DemonStrikerX said:

Hmm dont really understand what you are saying towards the end but just because other game companies are money hungry and  messed up doesnt mean that if DE is a little bit less messed up thats fine 

then where is the sweet spot?  its a free game that has to try and encourage payments somehow, historically people wanted to throw money at warframe because it was such a good game with potential (not so much now) where as other games payments are near a certainty.

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

then where is the sweet spot?  its a free game that has to try and encourage payments somehow, historically people wanted to throw money at warframe because it was such a good game with potential (not so much now) where as other games payments are near a certainty.

You are missing the point I am not asking the game to decrease their prices or anything I am asking for the option of having accessories seperated from bundles for a higher price to compensate for the removal, this is in no way hurting DE and in some cases its making things even better because sometimes people dont wanna buy the bundles even if the accessories are nice because the skin is a waste of plat and at the very least respect the purchase of the people who do buy the skin and then present them with an option to buy the accessories if the ever choose to change their minds but again at a higher price than the bundle.

1 hour ago, DemonStrikerX said:

I mean its my second attempt lol and honestly this has to happen 

Or What?

Really, Or What?

Are you going to stand on the hill and claim they do this or the game fails?

...or what?

17 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Or What?

Really, Or What?

Are you going to stand on the hill and claim they do this or the game fails?

...or what?

You may ignore this topic as you contribute nothing to this coversation, go waste your time somewhere else

9 minutes ago, DemonStrikerX said:

You may ignore this topic as you contribute nothing to this coversation, go waste your time somewhere else

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's called a public discussion.

Feel free to ignore my question!

The answer is of course 'nothing'...

Toodles.

Archived