Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So are we going to let DE forget about wukong like that?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Cloudwalker speed, nerfed

Iron staff not actually dealing the appropriate damage for melee 3.0

Next thing you know they'll "fix" celestial twin dealing so much damage with bramma by erasing the clone from existence 

Why do you have to treat one of my favorite warframes like that?

You gave him a massive rework, a beautiful deluxe and then you nerfed him to the ground and forgot about him?

What gives?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Iron staff not actually dealing the appropriate damage for melee 3.0

Nor having a unique effect justifying it's cost, leaving him with a wasted ability slot and an unjustifiably expensive handicap.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

You gave him a massive rework, a beautiful deluxe

To get more sales for his PA.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

and then you nerfed him to the ground and forgot about him?

What gives?

His PA is over.

Sad, but true. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Nor having a unique effect justifying it's cost, leaving him with a wasted ability slot and an unjustifiably expensive handicap.

Yeah i agree, excalibur has energy waves, valkyr is invincible and has lifesteal

Wukong has...the largest range of all melees? And the widest block angle?

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

His PA is over.

Sad, but true. 

This is just...is just greed man

I mean, i may be relatively new here, but shouldn't we all complain about it or something?

Maybe our voice will be heard, idk

• Like 3

I mean, i may be relatively new here, but shouldn't we all complain about it or something?

Er. You want us to rise up based on two people’s biased subjective interpretation of a situation that they most likely don’t have complete knowledge of? 🤔 

• Like 23

Wukong has...the largest range of all melees?

Most men think having a large melee is very important. My opinion is, range isn't the most important thing, but how they use that melee. I'm sad Wukong can't fight how he used to 🙁

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wukong has...the largest range of all melees?

Not after Rivens are counted, and they should be counted.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's a free to play game. That sort of thing gets overlooked very easily. So long as the monetisation isn't obviously manipulative and extortionate, people turn a blind eye.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Er. You want us to rise up based on two people’s biased subjective interpretation of a situation that they most likely don’t have complete knowledge of? 🤔 

Biased? Could you elaborate?

Wukong's Prime Access approached, and DE scrambled to get him a rework and a new skin. His current state wouldn't sell well at all and they knew it. We all knew it.

Until his rework he hadn't received a single buff, despite being one of the worst frames in the game. It's therefore clear that Wukong isn't a priority for the devs (Saryn got 2 reworks in this timeframe).

The logical conclusion as to why he hasn't gotten fixes post rework is therefore obvious, there's no PA coming up for him and thus financial incentive, so it's business as usual for DE and Wukong's problems are ignored.

There's no bias or subjectivity there.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

that they most likely don’t have complete knowledge of?

No one has followed Wukong's development through this game more closely than me. No one.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Biased? Could you elaborate?

Wukong's Prime Access approached, and DE scrambled to get him a rework and a new skin. His current state wouldn't sell well at all and they knew it. We all knew it.

Until his rework he hadn't received a single buff, despite being one of the worst frames in the game. It's therefore clear that Wukong isn't a priority for the devs (Saryn got 2 reworks in this timeframe).

The logical conclusion as to why he hasn't gotten fixes post rework is therefore obvious, there's no PA coming up for him and thus financial incentive, so it's business as usual for DE and Wukong's problems are ignored.

There's no bias or subjectivity there.

No one has followed Wukong's development through this game more closely than me. No one.

Did you want me to elaborate or...? You seem like you don’t need my clarification when you defended yourself before I even got a chance to clarify

I mean, that’s not a completely illogical interpretation. It’s from an outside perspective, but I can see the rationality behind it.

Knowing more than anyone about Wukong is... quite a claim. What do you mean by it? I feel like you misinterpreted what I said, but I find I need clarification. Perhaps it is I who misinterpreted your claim.

I’m all for rising against the powers that be. Down with corruption and evil and all that. I’ll need a little more to go on than speculation though, like inside information and an understanding of motivations behind decisions.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Did you want me to elaborate or...? You seem like you don’t need my clarification when you defended yourself before I even got a chance to clarify

I want you to elaborate on the bias/subjectivity. I defended myself in an attempt to hopefully show the logic in my reasoning, and that I'm not biased.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Knowing more than anyone about Wukong is... quite a claim. What do you mean by it?

Well, my actual words were "no one has followed his development more closely than me" which is a little different. And yes, it is quite the claim I'm sure, but my love for Wukong is well know on these forums. I was excited for him when he was announced, I bought him immediately on release and I've barely touched other frames since. I post regularly in Wukong discussions, discussed things in PM's with other fans and shared builds and let's face it, I was calling Defy a trash ability long before it was cool.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m all for rising against the powers that be. Down with corruption and evil and all that

It's hardly corrupt or evil to make decisions based on money.

It sucks for us because we're reminded that not everything in the game is valued the same way by the devs. Sometimes we care more than they do for a singular aspect of the game, and when that aspect doesn't align with their interests or wallets then it takes a back seat, sometimes for years at a time. 

Wukong was a marketing ploy for their new Chinese audience, beyond that they've shown by their actions that they do not care about him.

I'm pretty much resigned to it at this point.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

To get more sales for his PA.

His PA is over.

Sad, but true. 

if u remember ash PA.

buff before release, 

huge nerf on 4 after release.

who plays trash now?

• Like 2

Just now, kengxiaoju said:

if u remember ash PA.

buff before release, 

huge nerf on 4 after release.

who plays trash now?

Can't spell trash without Ash. :wink:

Can't say I remember his PA very well, never cared for the frame really. It's unsurprising however that there's a precedent.

• Like 2

I do not mind some nerf to the celestial twin honestly,

and take some of that nerf budget and put it into his staff as a boost that actually justifies its use over other melees that do not cost energy.

The range is definitely noticeable, but i am not sure it is worth the other stats on it.

I will not comment on the PA release timelines and his rework. Its a business decision.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I crafted him after his rework. From that perspective, he seems fine. He actually feels kind of OP compared to my other frames in some  ways.  I love the twin, he's hard to kill and I have no complaints about the speed of cloud walker. Feels much faster than I thought it was going to be.

I'm not too sure about iron staff though, it hasnt really stood out for me compared to exalted blade. So I can see an argument there. 

Overal he doesn't feel "nerfed to the ground" to a new player. Maybe that's their metric? 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

I want you to elaborate on the bias/subjectivity. I defended myself in an attempt to hopefully show the logic in my reasoning, and that I'm not biased.

The bias I’m speculatively referring to lies in the idea that, as an outside player of the game, you still consider yourself knowledgeable enough about what goes on surrounding Warframe, from how they conduct their business to what their plans for the future are, that you then pass all information that comes from DE through this filter and tend to find the final interpretation not to your liking. This is the bias I meant, and am looking forward to your counterpoints to help clarify, if not outright disprove, my assumptions

The rest of your post is a good read and I’m understanding more clearly where you’re coming from. I can respect how you seem to value being clear and understandable 🤔 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Cloudwalker speed, nerfed

?

Its the fastest ability in the game, lmao.

Protip, use croutch button while in cloud mode.

You speak as if DE nerfed Wukong to oblivion and left him like that.

He is still one of the most OP frames in the game.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 7