Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone feel that Secondaries are stronger than Primaries?

Redlove108

Been trying to find a Primary that can out perform my pyrana prime pistol but honestly nothing seems to be at that power and all my primaries seem to weaker than it. I've tried several Kuva weapons and other prime weapons.

Maybe it is me? But my mod setups are with maxed out mods, several formas and still, just not there yet.

I also noticed there is no prime crit mods for rifles but prime crit mods for secondaries.

Maybe I should work on shotguns, haven't done that yet. Thoughts?

It is like that for Guns. It’s why i use a limited amount of Primaries everyday, want the Primary i use to be strong enough where my Secondary is there for back up. Mostly use Kuva Bramma but also use Corinth Prime too. There’s other Primaries like Snipers which scales well but uncomfortable to use in a everyday situation.

Kuva Twin Stubs will do way more damage than Kuva Hind or Kuva Karak.  I havent gotten my twin stubs near 60% yet so I dont have final numbers.  

I think they BOTH can be pretty effective if you mod correctly.  All the guns are just trade-offs and different mechanics.   Just like warframes.   

In my opinion, I think primary and secondary weapons are both capable of dealing high dps.

This can be further be fortified by the introduction of rivens into the weapon.  

For ex: I have a +200% crit chance, +86% crit damage, and +41% status chance riven on my Paris Prime. On top of some mods etc, this weapon can 1-2 shot lvl200 corrupted heavy gunners/bombards.

On the other hand I can see how one may feel that a pistol may out-perform a shotgun. Either way it really depends on player-preference and mod setup in my opinion.

11 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Maybe a while ago, but now... no.

• Ignis Wraith
  • Rubico Prime
  • Kuva Bramma
  • Ferrox (throw)
  • Kuva Kohm
  • Zenith
  • Hunter Munitions
  • Etc...

Ignis Wraith is not capable of handling lcontent over lvl 100. Not well enough in combat that you'll live.

Rubico is a sniper and other snipers got the damage but aren't feasible in everyday situations as another said.

Kohm has been very disappointing for me thus far.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Gaurdian1123 said:

In my opinion, I think primary and secondary weapons are both capable of dealing high dps.

This can be further be fortified by the introduction of rivens into the weapon.  

For ex: I have a +200% crit chance, +86% crit damage, and +41% status chance riven on my Paris Prime. On top of some mods etc, this weapon can 1-2 shot lvl200 corrupted heavy gunners/bombards.

On the other hand I can see how one may feel that a pistol may out-perform a shotgun. Either way it really depends on player-preference and mod setup in my opinion.

Rivens can be introduced on secondary weapons as well. That isn't an edge for Primaries and infact it is cause of rivens that some of my secondaries really outshine primaries while the rivens I got for them are mediocre. Right now I got a riven for a Soma with crit damage and multishot. It ain't enough.

It is more like the rifle sets are too weak, whether auto, burst or single trigger pull.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

kill easily at level 300.

You're gonna to throw some corrupted level 300 proof on that one, especially in light of kuva nukor

and the rubico's overall ttk is garbage, the zenith is gatelocked, and even then doesn't even come close to the synapse, speaking of wraith.

Aside from the bramma, synapse and corpus breadbox vandal, kohm, and dread/rakta cernos there are very few primaries that reach the overall dps of secondaries, nevermind exceed it.

10 hours ago, Kajin_Style said:

Ignis Wraith is not capable of handling lcontent over lvl 100. Not well enough in combat that you'll live.

Rubico is a sniper and other snipers got the damage but aren't feasible in everyday situations as another said.

Kohm has been very disappointing for me thus far.

Rivens can be introduced on secondary weapons as well. That isn't an edge for Primaries and infact it is cause of rivens that some of my secondaries really outshine primaries while the rivens I got for them are mediocre. Right now I got a riven for a Soma with crit damage and multishot. It ain't enough.

It is more like the rifle sets are too weak, whether auto, burst or single trigger pull.

I never said it was an edge for primaries. I was simply stating the fact that both primaries and secondaries can be powerful in their own respected way. Whether one is superior is up to personal opinion in general

Edited by (PS4)Gaurdian1123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

And the rubico's overall ttk is garbage, the zenith is gatelocked, and even then doesn't even come close to the synapse, speaking of wraith.

Aside from the bramma, synapse and corpus breadbox vandal, kohm, and dread/rakta cernos there are very few primaries that reach the overall dps of secondaries, nevermind exceed it.

^^ all of this

12 hours ago, GKP_light said:

Tried it against lvl 130 Corrupt Gunner Eximus and Corrupt Bombard Eximus. All I was missing was the heavy caliber.

For something that is suppose to handle lvl 300 enemies easily as you claimed it missing 1 mod couldn't do it. Now I could waste the 2 formas to fit heavy caliber but if it can't handle them at lvl 130 like this, it won't handle them at lvl 300 with an extra 350 total damage.

33370307362868666eec704ff684ae74.jpg

Infact if I tried this build instead I managed to kill them a little faster and save on ammo spent all thanks to Hunter Munitions proccing.

abc578e4f770a1366b0d34d83b9abd39.jpg

Unless you got some proof. I'm just gonna call your build bad cause with mine I can further beef up the damage and add in an extra damage mod and stuffing Prime Cryo Rounds in there.

Il y a 12 heures, Kajin_Style a dit :

Tried it against lvl 130 Corrupt Gunner Eximus and Corrupt Bombard Eximus.

i kill 5 heavy gunner or bombard level 160 in 10 secondes, without any buff or armor reduction. (aim for the head) (without heavy caliber but at level 130, it should be similar)

at level 300, they would have the double of EHP. so spend around 4 seconds to kill the most resistant ennemis is fine.

and in in real game, we are not "without any buff or armor reduction".

I have a lot of primaries and I can count on my fingers how many I use.  

Fulmin, Amprex, Glaxion Vandal and the Baza Prime.  Often I carry the weapons with me. But I rarely use primaries because usually I need more what the secondary offers.  

On 2020-04-26 at 12:10 PM, GKP_light said:

This... sucks. Sure it can kill stuff, but there are far stronger primaries than this. I can put viral on any primary, you know..

And no, secondaries are not better than primaries. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

8 hours ago, GKP_light said:

i kill 5 heavy gunner or bombard level 160 in 10 secondes, without any buff or armor reduction. (aim for the head) (without heavy caliber but at level 130, it should be similar)

at level 300, they would have the double of EHP. so spend around 4 seconds to kill the most resistant ennemis is fine.

and in in real game, we are not "without any buff or armor reduction".

I was facing Eximus versions and aimed it at their bodies because consistent head shots is not what happens in real fights. Obviously they'll die quicker if I do headshots but that is not going to be a 100% thing and in the fray of battle and running around. Focusing on a guy for 5-8 secs could mean death by bombard rocket or something silly like that. In a real game, you got random teammates who forget to buff, armor strip or pick a frame they haven't optimize for long runs and you are left to carry.

It won't help me in longer runs like my other secondaries and melee weapons do but at least I worked on a better built for my Ignis, so thanks for that I guess.

il y a 37 minutes, Kajin_Style a dit :

aimed it at their bodies because consistent head shots is not what happens in real fights. Obviously they'll die quicker if I do headshots but that is not going to be a 100% thing and in the fray of battle and running around.

in real fight with an ignis, i aim for the head. i may-be take 0.4 seconds to have my cursor on there head, it is not 100% headshot, but when an ennemis take more than 1 second to die, most of the shoots are in the head. my test of 10 secondes was with the IA active, they were not stationary.

"In a real game, you got random teammates who forget to buff" you don't go with random teammate at high level. and you have at least yourself. 

"Focusing on a guy for 5-8 secs could mean death by bombard rocket or something silly like that" the fire status help for this.

Il y a 8 heures, (PS4)thegarada a dit :

but there are far stronger primaries than this.

no weapon is as easy to use as Ignis.

an huge area of effect, on a continue weapon. with the fire status for the defense.

a rubico has a far better DPS, but we don't need it. even at level 300.

the Bramma also has a huge area of effect, but don't all the time.

On 2020-04-26 at 3:52 AM, TheGrimCorsair said:

It's 'cause they are.

They're intended to be high DPS balanced by generally lower ammo pools.

But, due to the way the ammo econ works in Warframe, they don't really ever feel those limitations any more than primaries.

No they aint, they are simply stronger because their mod multipliers and/or mods per slot efficiency are better and kitguns (low end/conservative average dos) were massive powecreep over prior BIS optimal dps.

Exceptions ofc do apply but its not a indented balance point but simply the result of non-uniform modding values and years of different modifier stacking.

Primaries/Secondaries pale in comparison to melee. The only purpose they serve in the current state on the game are to apply status to enemies for condition overload. I judge primary/secondary weapons not on how fast they kill enemies but how well they apply status. 

i myself only use like, three to four primaries. i use Exergis for most of the star chart missions, just to get the rabble out of my face. corinth prime is good as well, Baza prime is my other good choice. i don't want to use the snipers or kuva bramma cuz they all trivialize the game, and i at least want to be challenged. in terms of secondary, i use the Ballistica prime almost religiously, just due to it fitting how i play extraordinarily well and that the damage is really good on it (plus riven...). i am more concerned that the exalted weapons which count as secondaries, I.E. Titania's and Mesa's pistols, aren't as easily built as normal secondaries, arguably giving them a lower potential.