Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp is unbalanced i think

Travis05

11 hours ago, zhellon said:

Yes, but it's not such a big problem to literally destroy the rest of the frame's abilities.

All Im saying I saying is the 3 motes Wisp has can carry you to level 10,000 no problem. The rest of her abilities is just if you want to spam another ability in mission.

3 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

All Im saying I saying is the 3 motes Wisp has can carry you to level 10,000 no problem. The rest of her abilities is just if you want to spam another ability in mission.

I'm waiting for a video from you where you beat 9999 levels using only three motes.

Just now, kwlingo said:

Check on youtube you will see some already doing it.

I see people abusing the build on blinding from the third ability to do more melee damage, and invisibility/CC from the second ability to protect themselves and the object from damage. Buffs are just part of it. But I can see how all the first three abilities are literally being used. On the other hand, I don't see anyone using a sunbeam after level 200. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I see people abusing the build on blinding from the third ability to do more melee damage, and invisibility/CC from the second ability to protect themselves and the object from damage. Buffs are just part of it. But I can see how all the first three abilities are literally being used. On the other hand, I don't see anyone using a sunbeam after level 200. 

I just use the 4th because it looks cool. Not for damage.

Amy Poehler Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

Just now, kwlingo said:
I just use the 4th because it looks cool. Not for damage.

Well, I'm not saying delete it. There is nothing wrong with funny and useless abilities. Although, the banal tickrate in 5 times more than the current would make the beam very useful.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

Well, I'm not saying delete it. There is nothing wrong with funny and useless abilities. Although, the banal tickrate in 5 times more than the current would make the beam very useful.

True. Make it be affected by primary mods like any exulted weapons abilities. Simple fix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Not my problem if you don't know how.

you didn't even read - it's not a practical thing to do, and should atleast be presented with a disclaimer as such, so as to not suggest to people that they should try and employ the suggestion as if it will be, well, practical.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

you didn't even read - it's not a practical thing to do, and should atleast be presented with a disclaimer as such, so as to not suggest to people that they should try and employ the suggestion as if it will be, well, practical.

You are deluded if you think someone pressed 2 every few seconds for 4 hours. If you don't know how to do it, then keep staying ignorant on the matter.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-09 at 3:37 PM, Travis05 said:

I see Wisps everywhere. She is useful and performs well in every mission. Kinda like kuva brama i guess.

So i had time to observe her kit and she seems very unbalanced. Her 1 is mandatory, and the rest of her abilities arent nearly used as much. So 2,3,4....lets say they are well, specially 3 has sinergy with 1. But they might as well dont exist since people never use them. Well, except her 4, i saw it sometimes being used.

About reservoirs, i think the ability is ok except for one detail...shock reservoir is way too unfair on enemies. Usually they cant almost move before being killed. So if you shock them just being near, they even havent time to blink. 

Vitality and haste are ok, a pretty useful buff on allies. But why adding shock? Its the only thing i dont like about her. I would agree having shock on reservoirs by default, so you can defend the objective placing them right next to it. But no giving shock to everyone.

The rest of abilities, maybe is just i dont get the purpose of her kit. If someone understand her better, maybe they can explain that to me. The most useful ones are 1 and 3 on my opinion. The other 2 dont match well with those two.

She is the most proper generalist support since Oberon. She have all this bullshts and each aspect doesn't replace other frames. Examples:

1: Four-man hp/dmg/CC buffs all in one, not exactly better than Trinity 4, Volt 2, or other light CC frames but it's overloaded in one.

2: Lowkey this ability is heavily underrated. You can spam 2 twice fast for a 3 seconds invincibility that is refreshable, similar to a mini-protective dash from Vazarin without the need to run Vazarin lol. It means that she just won't die at all and never feel the need to run tank mods and have more room for better modding for the rest of her abilities. This ability alone kinda disrespectful for most tank frames IMO.

3: Blind is never bad at least. Free CC in case you feel tired spamming 2 and double down as a free melee stealth damage bonus. The chain damages are nice I guess.

4: IMO her "weakest" ability even though it have its uses with her mote synergy.

Overall, I do think her 2 need to be nerfed. Nothing beat the sweet price of infinite EHP by just spamming 2 while retain full movement freedom and at a low energy cost.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

it's not a practical thing to do

8 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

You are deluded if you think someone pressed 2 every few seconds for 4 hours. If you don't know how to do it, then keep staying ignorant on the matter.

Hi, I'm a veteran player from the Key era, before Mag's 2 and 3 were swapped and Polarise got the nerf so it no longer infinitely scaled its damage. And before Nekros had his Desecrate updated to an aura function. I aso didn't have a macro function on my machine at the time, which is what T-Shark is alluding to. (As a side note, T-Shark, be careful with those, they're a grey area in what DE allows in the game. Using them to make a shortcut like 'crouch+jump' to make bullet jumping easier is one thing, but using them to fire off an ability every few seconds over and over again is something they've frowned on in the past.)

I can attest that I did, in fact, run around in Void Survival and press 2 every 4-5 seconds for 4 hours. It was pretty chill actually. Good times with my clan.

I can also attest that I also played Nekros in those and pressed 3 every single time something died for 4 hours.

Can be done, has been done, let's not be silly about it. If I can do it with my base level of incompetence and lack of attention span, then yes other people can do it too.

But this is kind of a silly argument between you two.

Genuinely what is the point? Neither of you are wholly right, and both of you have elements of the truth.

As a specific point to T-Shark; please don't go recommending strategies that require a Macro for most people to ever use. Concentration, yes, but not some gimped function that requires the computer to play the important role in your game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As a specific point to T-Shark; please don't go recommending strategies that require a Macro for most people to ever use.

Please don't put words in my mouth ever again. At in no point did I ever tell someone to do it, nor have I shown how to do it. Ever. Lord Pretentious on his high horse said it's not possible. I said it is. If he can't come to terms with that it's not my problem.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

T-Shark, be careful with those

Spoiler

M1TuiMN.jpg

It's ok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

You can set the duration for ~10 seconds and it won't be much different from what Loki does. You'll just do it more often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

At in no point did I ever tell someone to do it, nor have I shown how to do it.

At no point did I say you were telling people to do it. I mentioned that you could be alluding to it, and cautioned you against doing it in the future. That's all.

I even pointed out that it's easily possible without it, and I am somebody that did do exactly that without a macro for hours on end.

Besides, have you ever tried getting on a high horse? It's hard, and feeding one is difficult, and then there's the custom stable... I can completely understand why he stays on one ^^

I think Wisp is pretty great. The buffs provided by her 1 are very good and VERY accessible. There are other frames, like Harrow, that have their kit highlighted as clunky and sometimes too difficult to access comparatively. Not saying Wisp needs a change, I just think the ease with which she lays down +Health, +Fire Rate, and proximity CC, means that some other frames need their kit looked at and brought up to par.

Edited by DestroidNGS

On 2020-05-10 at 4:23 AM, taiiat said:

even though the Heal offering is considerably weaker than what numerous other Healing Abilities offer.
the bonus Health of Fire Ward has never been good strictly speaking, it's just the best thing that Chroma has.

the main role that Wisp can fulfill, is having numerous decent Buffs. the Health one outperforms the only other competition it has, but that's really not saying much anyways.

but saying that Vitality Mote is better than Renewal.... you should check your numbers again (more like actually check them at all).

What about addresing the energy cost? 25 Energy to heal 30 hp/s (with free bonus 300 max hp). Oberon can heal 40hp/s with 25 energy (and an initial heal of 125h) to keep on healing one ally 5 energy is drained per second (2 ability upkeep and 3 per ally below maximum health), where as Wisp's vitality mote can keep on without ever requiring any additional energy.

• Like 1