Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus needs a health buff

(PSN)Captain_Bonecold

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Inaros max hp 11,253.55 right now. Inaros has rhino armor. Inaros can self heal. Inaros can blind enemies. Inaros out last all warframes. 

well yeah, cuz he's inaros. He has all the hp. and rhino's base armor means nothing if he's built right. a good rhino has infinite effect hp.

but nidus? he can easily keep up with inaros, just needs to do it with more effort.

Let's see:

1) innate health regen. 

this is something no other frame has in the game without a power(Wisp and oberon come to mind here.) so this is pretty big. add in his 4 and he can easily heal faster than anyone else other than trinity and inaros.

2) amazing CC, possibly the best.

Larvae. just....Larvae.

3) EXCELLENT DMG resistance.

Parasitic link+adaptation+high armor=never dying.

4) best energy economy in the game other than inaros.

rage and/or adrenaline on nidus makes it stupid easy to maintain his energy. this alongside his 1 means you should never be worrying about this. he doesn't even need efficiency...like, at all.

5) the only frame that beats him in overall team support is harrow.

These two are the only warframes with such versatile kits. both have amazing CC, energy gain, recovery, dmg output and dmg resistance. no other frame sits in the category they do

6) all of his powers are useful.

see 5.

7) a couple of amazing augments.

his 4th aug is great in maintaining stacks(though he doesn't NEED it, its nice to have variety.) and his 1's aug? the more enemies you hit, the crit chance you get. this scales with POWER STRENGTH(which is nidus' best stat boost, next to duration.)

He doesn't really need a buff in anything. he's perfectly fine.

I'd say he's perfect if it weren't for the fact that user error is a thing...which is why you and I are here...talking...about a frame that doesn't need a buff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

which is why you and I are here...talking...about a frame that doesn't need a buff.

I don't know why you're tryna prove wrong someone who no one agrees with. It's obvious he's wrong. Like he was in his other thread. 

Just let the thread die, everyone.

did you perhaps forget about that Nidus has multiple sources of Regen, another layer of DR, gets extra Armor from Leveling even, and has one of the best general purpose CC Abilities in the game? :)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

The thing is that the original thread poster thinks that HP is everything when its not since well everything one shots you on higher level content before shield gating.

He literally forgot 1 thing, Nidus has literally infinite HP and EHP as long you have enough stacks to trigger Nidus's Undying passive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

did you perhaps forget about that Nidus has multiple sources of Regen, another layer of DR, gets extra Armor from Leveling even, and has one of the best general purpose CC Abilities in the game? :)

Heat and other status effects can burn out his regen. Making nidus take more damage than he can regen. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

well yeah, cuz he's inaros. He has all the hp. and rhino's base armor means nothing if he's built right. a good rhino has infinite effect hp.

but nidus? he can easily keep up with inaros, just needs to do it with more effort.

Let's see:

1) innate health regen. 

this is something no other frame has in the game without a power(Wisp and oberon come to mind here.) so this is pretty big. add in his 4 and he can easily heal faster than anyone else other than trinity and inaros.

2) amazing CC, possibly the best.

Larvae. just....Larvae.

3) EXCELLENT DMG resistance.

Parasitic link+adaptation+high armor=never dying.

4) best energy economy in the game other than inaros.

rage and/or adrenaline on nidus makes it stupid easy to maintain his energy. this alongside his 1 means you should never be worrying about this. he doesn't even need efficiency...like, at all.

5) the only frame that beats him in overall team support is harrow.

These two are the only warframes with such versatile kits. both have amazing CC, energy gain, recovery, dmg output and dmg resistance. no other frame sits in the category they do

6) all of his powers are useful.

see 5.

7) a couple of amazing augments.

his 4th aug is great in maintaining stacks(though he doesn't NEED it, its nice to have variety.) and his 1's aug? the more enemies you hit, the crit chance you get. this scales with POWER STRENGTH(which is nidus' best stat boost, next to duration.)

He doesn't really need a buff in anything. he's perfectly fine.

I'd say he's perfect if it weren't for the fact that user error is a thing...which is why you and I are here...talking...about a frame that doesn't need a buff.

1.) Wisp buff and heal. Inaros can steal health and spam his first ability/recover health combo,Trinity can full restore your team. Oberon can delay reset your bleed out/heal you. Hydroid can heal you with an aug.

2.) Only with stack. Team members don't let you build stacks.

3.) They nerf his original stack gain. 

4.) Inaros is better. Inaros is a better tank too. Trinity if built right never needs energy. 

5.) Nope. Wisp buffs look them up. Trinity was once best support. Trinity offers energy. Nidus only can latch onto 1 enemy or 1 ally. There are better team warframes out there.

6.) I rarely used latch. Most his other 3. 

7.) Only 1 is ever used. 4th ability Aug. 

A health boost is fair. Since Inaros got his armor boost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Heat and other status effects can burn out his regen. Making nidus take more damage than he can regen. 

with both innate Regen and Ability Regen, plus a large amount of Armor, plus Ability DR....

i don't believe you.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Inaros is a better tank

unless your only metric of comparison is standing inside a Nullifier Bubble, Nidus has higher EHP than Inaros does. and Regens just standing there.

you're seriously whining about 25 Armor though. that's not even a significant amount, idek why the Armor was increase since it's not like Inaros would notice a difference anyways.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Wait...Nidus can die? 

When was anyone going to tell me this??

Nidus doesnt die, he just loses hope in whomever is playing him then takes a nap. His passive is called undying for a reason

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Let his stupid threads die please.

... Oh, so its not his first attempt at being stupid?

Its his natural thing while acting like a 29 year old kid that never saw the end of his puberty?

Ok, glad to know. I'm out and letting him spit at the ceiling, waiting for it to dry faster than concrete.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Well that solves this mystery. Of course Nidus isn't going to have more EHP if you aren't going to use his EHP booster.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

2.) Only with stack. Team members don't let you build stacks.

A health boost is fair. Since Inaros got his armor boost.

İf you don't use your 2 and 1 you can't build a stacks thats not fault your team its your fault.

I can't wait for the Inaros prime. It after Nezha prime. Nezha is the next prime. Oh the fun Inaros prime will be. Nidus lacks basic power compare to other warframes. Nidus requires large stacks amount. Not a single youtube video has nidus fighting sentinents solo. I want to see an ungeared nidus run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

I can't wait for the Inaros prime. It after Nezha prime. Nezha is the next prime. Oh the fun Inaros prime will be. Nidus lacks basic power compare to other warframes. Nidus requires large stacks amount. Not a single youtube video has nidus fighting sentinents solo. I want to see an ungeared nidus run. 

Face the truth, Inaros isn´t king nore one of the best tanks. He is the most boring frame to play and ugly as hell (my opinion).

Even Nezha can outtank Inaros. Warding Halo + over 1k health + Adaptation + Arcane Grace and u will throw your beloved Inaros into garbage. I would really like to close this thread, but unfortunately I can´t

• Like 4

4 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Nidus lacks basic power compare to other warframes. Nidus requires large stacks amount. Not a single youtube video has nidus fighting sentinents solo. I want to see an ungeared nidus run

So you mean to disturb a near perfect warframe, just in order to fit some arbitrary standard of performance. Also your statement doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 1

On 2020-05-12 at 8:58 AM, BringMeYourAzz said:

Even Nezha can outtank Inaros. 

Nezha can outtank anyone right now. Some bug in the mainline made it so he has 100% dmg resistance with Halo.
That said a naked Excalibur could tank an Orb Mother explosion and Inaros couldn't. I'm ok with turning this thread into Inaros shaming, maybe the devs will notice and make him useful with the prime.

Edited by T-Shark69
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:
Nezha can outtank anyone right now. Some bug in the mainline made it so he has 100% dmg resistance with Halo.

That said a naked Excalibur could tank an Orb Mother explosion and Inaros couldn't. I'm ok with turning this thread into Inaros shaming, maybe the devs will notice and make him useful with the prime.

It would be great if Nezha stayed that way) 

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

It would be great if Nezha stayed that way) 

Not like he needs, he is 2nd most powerful conventional tank, only losing to Nidus. The top 3 are Nidus, Nezha, Rhino. 

Revenant is the only one that can top them, but he is not a conventional tank because he literally becomes invincible.

Shield gating is a very powerful feature. Combined with recent buffs to armor/shields, this invention compromise the unwritten standards of tankiness, especially for Nidus who has not seen none of them. That's slightly unfair.