Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.3

[DE]Megan

Finally Kinetic Siphon Traps are getting some fixes, those things have always been buggy, not too buggy to complain when you have 1k of them, but enough that any new player would be confused why they aren't working

+1 to the players who wishes for you  to read the feedback threads
We need balance, not nerfs and frustration, thus you need to rework the rivens aswell. Popularity based riven power is lowkey annoying. It should be fixed, not "balanced" every 3 months when you release some prime skins. And the amount of kuva we get/the amount we need is nowhere near close. Either you need to add some bad luck protection, or just quadruple the kuva we can acquire. Not once i had 100k kuva used up, and the end result wasn't a whole lot better than before. Without boosters, kuva survival is a bad joke, not to mention kuva disruption, which only rewards kuva (in abysmal amounts) , and medallions.

Also any Dokrahm Zaw is glued to the frame's hand until you unequip it, regardless of where you are, what you do. This includes the orbiter. If you were able to fix the Archmelee glue problem in RJ then you can fix this too.

Lol, who am I kidding, you won't be reading this. You only "listen" to feedback, when there is a major backlash regarding your game.Otherwise it's just a few people complaining about stuff in the forums/YT comments, and you could care less, as you do. Which is sad. Player feedback was the driving force of your game, but now it's just a thorn in your side, which you ignore. Instead of dropping "new content", take some months and read carefully through every platform you provide us to voice our concerns in. More test server stuff is needed. And way more attention to feedback other than "oh no, dis strong, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERF", which seems to be the only way you handle problems nowadays, unless a major backlash happens. Why do we need to do a backlash to get your attention?

12 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

That's practically a myth. It must have happened once to one guy ever but now people act like it's a routine occurrence.

A myth? Not really. I've had it happen to myself several times, seen it happens to other people several times and seen it being complained about in both squad and region chats several times.

But yeah okay, I'll admit it was not a huge or terribly common problem or anything like that, it was just really frustrating when it did happen, especially if you were playing Arbitrations. Especially old Arbitrations where death means getting yeeted out of the mission.

What was really frustrating was the "make one mistake and blammo, you're dead" thing. Being punished for messing up with explosive weapons? I'm fine with that, but instant death in fast-paced 3rd person shooter is just tediously annoying and made more so by the fact that there wasn't any good way to get around it except "use Rhino/Revenant" and if memory serves, some well-modded explosives could crunch through +10k Ironskin easily anyway.

If DE had made Cautious Shot actually worthwhile to use, or nerfed self-damage so that missed shots were punishing but not potential space programs waiting to happen, that would have sufficed for me. It would also have been nice if they hadn't added stagger to weapons that didn't have any self-damage to begin with, or AoE falloff on things with tiny AoE/low damage simply because Bramma happened to be kinda OP...

But, you know, opinions.

10 hours ago, Barefoot_Monkey said:

After doing a melee attack, left-click now performs a heavy attack instead of firing the equipped weapon. Can this change be undone - it is very awkward to use in battle.

Yes DE, can this be undone because it's annoying, after every melee attack to press RMB for zoom, to switch to the secondary or primary that i use before melee, and then press LMB.

hace 13 horas, TheLexiConArtist dijo:

Actually read and iterate on feedback given in the Dev Workshops and the literal Feedback Threads you provide us!

If you can actually react to test server feedback from a handful of dubiously-informed weekend testing then you can take a look at the collective responses we give, some of us with a good reasoning to offer on why we see an imminent problem.

Healing/Protection of inanimate defense targets is lipservice to widening the playing field - as we TOLD YOU - because the values are capped too low (and too unscaling) to be of any relevance.

Vazarin's Protective Dash was the true equaliser that let people actually bring any frame to a Big Dumb Inanimate Target Dummy mission and stand a chance of success for the price of restricting focus school and a skill/timing intensive upkeep process. Now it is useless.

You ALSO still need to heed the feedback thread regarding Self Stagger.

Revert the removal of Self Damage wholesale.

- Self-stagger (even self-knockdown) is not any actual risk, just feels awful as a gameplay element (when not simply circumventing it). FAILURE.

- Explosives are now bland instead of thrillingly dangerous, players who liked that niche now have no recourse. FAILURE.

- Falloff means AOE weapons struggle to AOE appropriately. FAILURE.

Self-damage weapons already accounted for less than 10% of options before. Nothing ever forced the player to use those few - there was no need to kowtow to the vocal minority who would not accept this and demanded the mechanic be removed (at the expense of everyone quietly, contentedly using them or not using them according to tastes).
Instead of a 10% niche (4% if only counting pure 'dumbfire'), you made a 25% homogenised block of weapons that are, broadly, underwhelming at best, and annoying - to the point of being unusable at worst.

Okay, first off: that attitude is the best way to get ignored. Even if you have amazing, flawless feedback, nobody would want to read it and take it seriously.

Secondly, please explain to me what exactly was the reward in any explosive weapon that isn't the bramma or lenz.

Those two were the only actual risk vs reward weapons in the game where the reward was actually worth the risk.

Zhuge prime, castanas, talons, penta, zarr, tonkor, power throw, concealed explosives, thunder bolt, EVERYTHING that had self damage is easily outclassed by a good melee.

Thirdly, your argument is flawed. Explosive weapons now have broader appeal and satisfying a vocal minority by undoing that change isn't very healthy for the game.

Self stagger and self knockdown irritate you, and can get you shot, call me crazy but that sounds like a risk to me except now you have options to counter it with stuff like primed sure footed or frames that are status immune.

Lastly, Vazarin on defense targets was just plain and simply broken because your dash could be refilled by going through enemies and in the right conditions you can keep the defense target invulnerable permanently. You might not have done it that way yourself but clearly someone has.

5 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Okay, first off: that attitude is the best way to get ignored. Even if you have amazing, flawless feedback, nobody would want to read it and take it seriously.

Secondly, please explain to me what exactly was the reward in any explosive weapon that isn't the bramma or lenz.

Those two were the only actual risk vs reward weapons in the game where the reward was actually worth the risk.

Zhuge prime, castanas, talons, penta, zarr, tonkor, power throw, concealed explosives, thunder bolt, EVERYTHING that had self damage is easily outclassed by a good melee.

Thirdly, your argument is flawed. Explosive weapons now have broader appeal and satisfying a vocal minority by undoing that change isn't very healthy for the game.

Self stagger and self knockdown irritate you, and can get you shot, call me crazy but that sounds like a risk to me except now you have options to counter it with stuff like primed sure footed or frames that are status immune.

Lastly, Vazarin on defense targets was just plain and simply broken because your dash could be refilled by going through enemies and in the right conditions you can keep the defense target invulnerable permanently. You might not have done it that way yourself but clearly someone has.

Firstly: Which part? You mean the justified incredulity that they gave us discussion threads saying that the prospective changes being discussed were subject to change, only to utterly ignore all feedback and push awful changes out to be exactly awful? Repeatedly? Or, perhaps do you simply mean the curt summaries, which is easily explained because the lengthy detail is over in the threads where it was supposed to be?

Secondly: The differing style of gameplay was its own reward for those who enjoyed it, and was a slim proportion of the alternatives for those who didn't therefore not obliging them. But, on top of that objectivity, there's also several plausible reasonings (among other things discussed in the relevant threads) why just adding a mountain of reward was untenable, both on the balance side (we never wanted to force people to engage with high-risk because it's too much better) and the community side thanks to the militant vocal minority who couldn't simply accept that these dangerous things are not their preference, ready to fling faeces at any change that didn't babyproof it down to their level of comfort.
Non-explosives were also almost unilaterally outclassed by 'a good melee'. But you also aren't supposed to be using a risky explosive inside your melee range because it'd kill you, so that's a bit of a fool's comparison, isn't it?

Thirdly, [citation needed]. Outside of the exploitative circumvention of the annoyance - which is more widely accessible than ignoring the damage risk, which itself was a problem - we have all this feedback from people who disliked self-damage saying that they'd prefer having it back over the horrible alternative we got in return, between the stagger's pure annoyance (not motivating risk) effect and poorer AOE on AOE weaponry.
Also we don't have explosive weapons any more, so they can't have broader appeal. We have a bunch of boring, homogenised potato cannons. There's no more explosive in the weapons now than there is in a drawing of a jagged outline with 'boom' written in the middle. The damage was a risk that meant something. A knockdown is not, it's just an inconvenience when it happens - and as an inconvenience, there's no motivation to avoid it proactively.

Lastly, that is situational to the point of not being a problem, especially when select frames are able to just as perfectly guard an objective in a much easier approach. Unless you have enemies close by to tag with every dash, you're losing energy. Otherwise to dash-through, you don't gain energy without putting a crack in that armour - leaving yourself open. Ultimately, you aren't killing anything while maintaining that either. Particularly now that Lockdown is non-damaging. Precisely what is wrong with skilful weaving in and out of Operator to immunise your target while using any of 40 frames you otherwise couldn't in the mission without putting yourself at a real risk of failing because these 'defense' targets are invariably in the least covered, defensible positions possible?

1 hour ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Dude, have you ever played with tonkor??? How do you get self staggered by it, when the projectile must travel quite an mount of distance before exploding.

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Kuva Larvlings and Silver Grove Specters spawning as Cephalites.

Excuse me?

This was a good thing, mean't every enemy could be glassed. MEANING, THERE'S BE MORE CHANCE TO GET THEM. MEANING, WE'D NEED TO TAKE LESS TIME WITH THIS STUPID MOBILE GAME GRIND.

11 hours ago, KakarrotSSJ4 said:

Okay, I don't know what you guys did to controller, but now when i'm controlling Titania Prime, she won't dash/sprint with LB anymore because it's moving down, I don't want it to move down, I want to dash. I want to move down in Rail Jack though, can we please get this to be more separated from archwing to rail jack controls? While I'm on the topic, can we please make it so when using a melee weapon, L Trigger blocks instead of automatically aiming primary or secondary weapon instead? I know I'm probably in the minority of using controller over KB & M, but these controls keep getting messed up. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also can we please make it so holding B on the controller does a heavy melee again? I can't perform one without it anymore.

Also having the same issue. I prefer to use a controller over KB and M for warframe, before this update controls were perfect, now i can no longer sprint with archwing or titania with controller, if you could revert this it would be much appreciated.

18 hours ago, Autumnatopoeia said:

Univac when? Also amp self stagger is really a huge problem and makes no sense.

I mean, while I'm not the biggest fan of the whole stagger and aoe changes; if you use an explosive amp over an non explosive amp ... .

No real reason to be different to the guns.

Unless there's a bug I don't know about.

I JUST realized one of the perks of DE adding unpopular activities to Nightwave. By doing so they have more people playing activities like fishing, mining and K-drive races, and therefore more bug reports  are created. This means they can find and fix bugs of old content while focusing in developing and fixing current ones like Railjack. This also helps keeping the old content mostly bug-free (since some bugs might appear with each update) and will give everyone less of a headache if it is later expanded or implemented with other modes.

While I agree that many weapons need knockback and definitely some AMP's (self damage was bad, I'm glad we have stagger now instead) I don't see why weapons like the Cyanex need them. I mean, pre-update this weapon wasn't even able to deal self damage, so why giving it knockback? Also I've noticed that at some point Rhino's Iron Skin does disable itself visualy. While I take no damage the animations want me to believe it (even animations of shield's down). Happens relatively often after I deploy an Archgun.

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Titania Prime’s lateral dodges not moving you as far as they should. 

Is this the fix, that disabled my strafing in both pixie mode and space/atmospheric archwing? Stopped working after the update.

40 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

I JUST realized one of the perks of DE adding unpopular activities to Nightwave. By doing so they have more people playing activities like fishing, mining and K-drive races, and therefore more bug reports  are created. This means they can find and fix bugs of old content while focusing in developing and fixing current ones like Railjack. This also helps keeping the old content mostly bug-free (since some bugs might appear with each update) and will give everyone less of a headache if it is later expanded or implemented with other modes.

That's a weird theory.

More likely they are trying to get people to step out of their comfort zone and try new things, especially when that stuff is avoided by some people for trivial reasons..

1 hour ago, TheArcSet said:

I mean, while I'm not the biggest fan of the whole stagger and aoe changes; if you use an explosive amp over an non explosive amp ... .

No real reason to be different to the guns.

Unless there's a bug I don't know about.

You should research before responding. All current amps secondary fire (scaffold) causes knockback at any distance. That's pretty broken imo.

Archived